Darlington Memory Lane - North Providence, RI

there are two buildings. pick the right one.

Look CLOSELY at this facility. There are 2 very distinct facilities at Darlington Memory Lane, and they only advertise the better one. If you start out private pay and run out of money, then you move to the Medicaid building. The private pay (1081 R Mineral Spring Ave) location is gorgeous. They have researched best practice for dementia patients and decorated the building to reflect this. I can't speak to the care at that building, but the residents are always clean, well dressed, hair done, and looking their best.

My parent is at the 1073 Mineral Spring location (the Medicaid funded building). There is no full time activities coordinator because this person spends her time at the private pay building. The residents appear unkempt most days with wild bed head and unshaven men. The residents are kept in one common room just watching tv all day. The occasional activities consist only of BINGO games, and maybe a trivia session. 90% of the photos of parties, etc on their Facebook page are of the private pay residence.

It breaks my heart that there is such a distinct difference between the wealthy and the poor. :( The staff in the Medicaid building are all very nice, but its obvious that while they may have CNA certifications, they are not well educated in working with dementia and Alzheimer's patients. They definitely do not go above and beyond for their residents.

They lost my mother for 2 hours and [removed]

They were very helpful in helping with the transition of our family member. All of the staff was nice and asked more about their newest resident so they could help with the transition with them. I love that there are not set visiting hours and we are welcome at any time any day showing us that there is nothing to hide when it comes to the care of each residents and environment. I love how it feels like home, not a hospital.

One of the greatest facility's in Rhode Island with out a doubt and very good pricing! Your in good hands..

So Far So Good

I will be visiting my loved one at the Darlington Memory Lane soon. So far this community has been good. My loved one enjoys living here. My overall rating of this property is 4 stars. I have heard many good things about Darlington Memory Lane. My family always tells me how great this community is. I don't have any negative things to say about Darlington Memory Lane. So far, So Good. This is a 4 star community.

A great place to live beautiful facil...

A great place to live beautiful facilities and a caring staff. I would chose this facility for any family member any time.

I'm very happy with it, her health has improved since she's been there.

I'm very happy with it, her health has improved since she's been there. I'm really pleased. Some of the residents can get a little antsy, and that can be a bit overwhelming. The foods not fancy, but it's appropriate for her appetite. It didn't smell when I first walked in and that is one of the things that pushed me over the edge, the overall ambiance, the staff is incredible. The administration bends over backwards to make us happy. I don't think they have a big Jewish population, but they have a lot of Catholic events. It would be nice to have a rabbi come in and talk or have something for the Jewish residents

They are by far one of the best communities of the seven or eight we looked at.

They are by far one of the best communities of the seven or eight we looked at. I think it's a great facility. I think they're a pretty good value. There aren't any problems with the food. There really isn't anything that I can think of that needs to be improved or done better.

A very nice facility. Manager was ver...

A very nice facility. Manager was very helpful in trying to assist us in finding the right facility that suits our needs and giving us the information on the Veterans' Aid and Attendance information.

The staff was very helpful. The rooms...

The staff was very helpful. The rooms do not have their private bathrooms. I think this would be very inconvenient during the night and early morning hours.

Darlington Memory lane "Memory Care in a Loving and Theraputic Enviorment" Darlington Memory Lane is a secure memory care community conveniently located in North Providence, Rhode Island.