Capitol Ridge at Providence - Providence, RI

Not the right fit

Capitol Ridge at Providence was a nice tour. The staff was friendly and they gave a nice presentation of what their community had to offer. It was a very clean and well-kept community. We chose a smaller community that was a better fit to suit my mother's care needs.

I appreciate your courtesy, and promptness in returning all my messages, and patience with all my questions. Your organization, professionalism, and support helped make our family's special day an occasion to remember with :) Also, please extend my thanks to any other "behind the scenes" staff, who helped make things run so smoothly.

I received so many nice comments from our guests complimenting the beauty of Capitol Ridge, the loveliness of the room, and the delicious meal in particular. Our guests were delighted to help themselves to takeout of the leftovers...always a good sign! It also honored my Mom to have a part in hostessing this occasion in her home. She was a proud Nana :)

The Staff Are Excellent and Understanding

My mom has been in this community for a few months and so far she is okay and her transition has been alright. I think this is a great community and every thing that she needs is on her side of the building. The staff are excellent caregivers and have been helping with her medication and her well being. I would recommend this community to others.

We are Home!

The staff has been okay with my father in law. They do offer a lot of activities to keep the residents active. The people there are really good and helping make my father in law feel like he is at home.

Helpful and Professional

My experience with them was that they were helpful and professional and provided a lot of information to us. The reason we chose this one was because my father was familiar with the facility, having already visited a friend who was staying there.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your father.

We Are Now Experiencing Quality of Life and Relationship

Capital Ridge has proven to be a significant gift to my mom and me and my sister. After almost a year of hospitalizations followed by rehabilitation in Nursing Homes my mother is in a comfortable environment where she is well cared for. After just a couple of weeks she is settling in like it is home. My sister and I spent every day at each hospital and nursing home because we saw her discomfort and the ways in which she was not attended to properly. Our lives revolved around sitting for hours in her rooms in these facilities, addressing issues of sub-optimal care. We are now actually able to visit instead of "care for" and monitor. The quality of her life and ours has improved substantially.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our customers. Thanks for your kind words! Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Very clean and good care.

This is where we are looking, and I think when the time comes this is where we will go. Its really clean, and they seem to have really good care. I can't really rate the activities.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please reach out to the Executive Director if we can ever be of service to you and your family. [removed]

It's going okay.

It's going okay. I would like to have better aides. They are friendly enough, but they don't do a great job. I don't have any issues with the cleanliness, and there isn't really anything else I would like to see improved or done better. Just better aides.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. The quality of care our residents receive is extremely important to us. Please reach out to the Executive Director so that we can resolve any issues. [removed]

I think they were overall satisfied.

This was just a month long respite stay, so not based on a long term residence. I think they were overall satisfied. The people were great. I believe it was kept pretty clean. There were a few times that they had to wait a little while for some assistance, not a long time, but longer than they would have liked. There was not enough staff in the dining room, the food was often cold, even things like coffee and eggs. There wasn't enough activity going on, it was a good safe place, but there weren't a lot of activities, they had some that didn't really appeal to my parents, bingo and things like that. The people there, Holly the manager, the nurse Deborah, and Andrea, could not have gone more out of their way to make it happen for my parents. They went out of their way to stay late and greet them when they came earlier than expected, they were very responsive to my parents. The most important things were handled really well, and we really appreciated that.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing as your feedback is very important to us. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of any future service to you and our family.

Stay Away!

My mother lived in this building for some time before we decided to move her into another facility. At first, the staff was dedicated and caring, but were often cut short by managers and administrators who didn't even bother to say hello. I was particularly disappointed when I saw a charge on my mother's bill for a vacuuming. When I inquired I was told that residents only receive this service once a week, and if they needed it again, they would have to pay. My mother is partially blind, which led to her knocking over a plant, and such the surcharge. The executive director was no help when I tried to reason with the business office and seemed out of touch with the daily functions. I'm not even sure if she knew my mother's name. Also, the activities board boasted full days with multiple programs occurring at the same time, yet there were constant cancellations and activities that never actually occurred. There were several nights my mother attended bingo only to sit with a room full of residents for 30 minutes until it became clear no one was going to show up. The final straw was when my mother pressed her "pendant," which supposedly contacted the nursing staff when she needed assistance, to use the bathroom and waited over an hour for a response. A family member walked into the room to find my mother wet and was in the middle of changing her when a staff member walked in, "cleared the pendant," and left without actually assisting.

Capitol Ridge has a complete disregard for personal connections and treatment. Their main priority is milking every dollar out of a resident while providing insufficient care. For almost $6,000 a month, you would expect adequate staff numbers and genuine, caring individuals. However, it is clear that at Capitol Ridge, the only thing they care about is making the most off a resident as they possibly can.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We are very sorry for the experiences you’ve had at Capitol Ridge at Providence. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us.

Please note that we regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

It is our purpose to help our residents age in place with care, compassion, and dignity. We meet with the family and the resident at every change of condition, and at least twice per year. Also, there are numerous opportunities to meet with our care team as we are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please feel free to contact us at [removed] if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Lots of Activity

It was a very busy place. There were residents coming and going and a lot of activity going on. I felt my cousin was a little more reserved and would be overwhelmed by that many people.

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for the feedback. We are very proud of our individualized care and choice-centered activities in our community. We have something for everyone. Our residents have the choice of being as active as they want; for some that is very involved. While others, who are more reserved, are able to partake at a level which makes them comfortable. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director for more information on our wellness programs.

Not Good!

We signed on with them but my mom and dad are having trouble settling in. They told us they would have their laundry done on Saturdays but when I went in on Sunday the laundry was still in the basket, piled high. They were supposed to have a care plan for my mom and they have yet to schedule anything for her. It supposed to be open seating in the dining room but my parents have been asked to move several times which is difficult and humiliating for them. It's either open seating or it's assigned. Unless we're up there and checking on things they're lost to the floor boards. I've put in two calls to the director there and haven't heard back from her.

I think their issue is a lack of help. They hire all these young girls and then when the weekend comes they go to the beach or call in sick.

They told us it was memory care and when I asked the nurse about it she said we were in the wrong place for memory care. Even their billing is inacurate. They're billing us for meals in my parents room which is not the case. It's not been good.

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention – we are very sorry for the experiences you've had at Capitol Ridge. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us. We understand that you have since spoken to the Executive Director at the community to discuss these matters and she will continue to be in touch with you to make sure all your parents’ needs are being met from care to dining to programming and that all your future bills are accurate. Please feel free to reach out to us at [removed] at any time if you have any concerns or questions

Spotless and highly recommended

We chose this community because it was in close proximity to family so it made it convenient. Capitol Ridge came to us very highly recommends and we can see why. They allow residents to bring pets during the day while she is there. Actually received a phone call for our loved one the other day and without asking any question she just wanted to tell us that she was happy there, which was worth a million dollars on its own. We are very pleased and would highly recommend Capitol Ridge to anyone.

Reasonable

We chose Capitol Ridge because of the location, the facility is clean and open, they have a good staff and do a good job.

Capitol Ridge at Providence is a cozy urban retreat situated in historic Providence, overlooking downtown and the State House. The beautiful, historic setting is accented by manicured gardens, private walking paths and gazebos. A terrace off the main dining room offers seasonal outdoor dining with a panoramic view of the neighborhood in all its splendor.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Capitol Ridge at Providence offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.