Wingate Residences on the East Side - Providence, RI

Review of Wingate Residences

Wingate is within walking distance of a bank, grocery store and pharmacy, near cultural activities. It provides transportation to there and to doctors. Health care is flexible and residents can most often stay in their room or apartment as they age and need extra care. Physical exercise is provided via a gym with individualized plans. Swimming pool and whirlpool and classes. A memory care unit is attached to the facility. Food is individually cooked and varied. Programs include many interesting and varied events - book club, poetry, music, art, attractive outdoor area near a river, bike path is adjacent.
Most residents have a close relative near, by and some are spouses of residents in memory care unit. The atmosphere is permissive and protective. The building is wired for computers and there is a computer lab and teacher.

[removed] building is not easily repaired if computers don't function well. Wingate bought Epoch 2 years ago and new carpets are needed and promised. Slow progress!

Review of Wingate Residences

Dad has enjoyed his many years at Wingate. Activities are great, and everyone smiles. Food is ok, but perhaps needs to be a bit more diverse. Overall, very pleased with experience.

Review of Wingate Residences

Living at Wingate provides me what I need each day.

Review of Wingate Residences

Great staff overall. The renovations while probably a good idea, are cold and uninviting. What was a welcoming 'country kitchen' us now granite counter tops - looks like a kitchen in a new development house. Most residents are in their 90s- new owners should remember that. otherwise, good care, nice people. Especially like the pool table and pool.

I do like Wingate

Review of Wingate Residences

Beautiful place for my loved one to live. Great help, very considerate and friendly. I recommend.

Review of Wingate

I have a parent in memory care at Wingate. Everyone has been helpful from the start. They listen to my concerns and share developments that have seen. They are patient. The place is very clean and the staff is steady, meaning they have worked there many years, which I find reassuring.

Excellent living conditions

Review of Wingate Residences

Everything and everyone is working fine for me

Review of Wingate Residences

I consider all of the staff part of my family. They will help you with any request! That are the best!

Wingate is great!

Everything is perfect

Review of Wingate Residences

Place is beautiful and staff is extremely helpful.

Think twice and ask questions

Last year Wingate instituted a $300 fee for all residents for care weather or not care was needed. This year Wingate increased rates 3%. Last year they also raised rates 3%. In the meantime renovations
have been started a good 6 to 9 months ago and not completed. What renovations that have been done have taken away the hominess of the facility and made it look more corporate. Painting is half done - it looks terrible. Additionally, the quality of the food has suffered. Cuts of meat are inferior and tough and special offerings that were available on occasion as seldom available. In short they charge more and have done little to deserve the additional money. Staff performs well however, I wish Wellness could do more at times. That claim they are not licensed to provide medical interventions but they won’t do so much as a change a bandaid. This may be the industry standard so I would shop carefully and interview some residents prior to sending a loved one here or another assisted living.

Wingate Healthcare

We’re sorry to hear that you are less than happy with changes at our community. While every change we make is intended to benefit our residents by providing constantly improving services and a better place to call home, we understand that change isn’t always welcome. We appreciate your patience and that of all of our residents and their families during our renovation period, and hope that you do like the renovated space once it is completed. We also pride ourselves on the meals we serve to our residents using fresh and local ingredients and have taken note of your comment to ensure we are maintaining our standards.

When it comes to our wellness services, please reach out directly to our team so that we may privately discuss any concerns you have in the care of your loved one. Thank you for your feedback, and our door is always open.

Again, we liked this community but rooms were small. More assisted living than independent living.

Wingate Healthcare

We are glad you liked our community and are welcome to tour anytime! We offer traditional assisted living in addition to a special memory care program. Our assisted living apartments are for residents who want the independence of home without the responsibility of it, while still receiving assistance with daily activities when needed. For individuals with memory-related illnesses, our memory care assisted living services address their challenges in a safe, secure, home-like setting that encourages independence and quality of life. If you have any further questions on our community or the services we offer, be sure to give us a call.

Friendly people!

I thought Wingate Residence was a nice facility when I toured, but the distance made it not an option. It was too far from where I was looking. The people that took me around was friendly and helpful, but it was not what I was looking for.

Wingate Healthcare

Thank you very much for leaving your kind thoughts on our community. We're thrilled you liked what you saw, and please know that we will always be here for you and your family should our location make sense for you in the future.

A Wonderful Place

At age 92, I was fearful my mom's transition from independent living to an assisted living facility would be an unbearable task, but the staff and facilities at Wingate on the East Side made my worries melt away. By her 2nd day there, most of the staff, and even some residents, were welcoming my mom by her first name-- making her feel happy and 'at home'. On a daily basis, mom tells me how much she loves her apartment, and how safe and comfortable it makes her feel. The place is very upbeat- with sing-a-longs, a book club, fitness activities (including a pool), as well as discussion groups, 'brain challenge' programs and free daily movies. The nursing staff, aides, admissions personnel, and even maintenance men are as attentive as can be- often going above and beyond expectations. I am so grateful to have found this place for my mom.

Wingate Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words, and for entrusting the care of your mother to us. We are so pleased to hear that your mother loves living at our community, and we will be proud to continue to provide the services she has come to enjoy so much. We like to think of our community as one big family, and we’re happy your family was able to join ours.

Vincent Messina,
Executive Director

5 stars all the way!

It has been a positive experience with the Wingate Residence on the East Side so far. We like the place very much and have no complaints.

A Good Time For Dad

My dad had the pleasure of enjoying a week long visit with this community. Dad appreciated all the help from the friendly staff. The staff also put him around other people during meal so he can interact with others. The food was good, fresh with variety. My dad's room was very clean and nice, he enjoyed his adjustable chair the most! During his stay he went to the pool and other activities were offered. Overall we had a good experience.

First week of living at the Epoch on the BLVD.

Although it's been only a brief time that my father has been at the Epoch at Blackstone Blvd., the staff has provided excellent care. They have been proactive in meeting the needs of my father and family members in dealing with his dementia. It has been a relief to know, that although he can't be living in his own home, that the Epoch is providing him with a warm environment.

Dad no longer is fearful !

Dad feels comfortable, warm, & safe. He gets along with all the other residents. EPOCH staff is friendly, efficient, and well mannered. Dad loves the food. Everyone in my family feel a lot better now that Dad in a safe environment. Dad was fearful at first, but within days he accepted everything.

Imagine spending every day as you wish enjoying friends and family, participating in stimulating cultural and social activities, and surrounding yourself with familiar furnishings in the privacy of your own home. Wingate Residences on the East Side is the area’s premiere assisted living community nestled in a quaint location overlooking the Seekonk River in historic Providence, Rhode Island.
At Wingate Residences on the East Side you will find traditional assisted living and a special program for individuals with memory impairment. Residents experience living in a residential setting with the security of knowing that support is available 24 hours a day. We work with residents and their families to create customized care plans that correspond with their needs. At Wingate, we offer the lifestyle and peace of mind you deserve in a community with the comforts of home, fine dining and exceptional amenities. Private accommodations are available on premises for physicians' visits including podiatry, audiology, optometry and general practitioners.
We provide a wide array of social, cultural and personal care programs, as well as a comprehensive state-of-the-art Fitness Center complete with an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Both our Wellness Program and Fitness Center are staffed by trained professionals and offer residents the opportunity to maintain and improve their well-being. The cornerstone of our extensive services is our Wellness Center where we cater to the continued health and increased vitality of residents. A registered nurse develops a customized wellness plan for each resident and updates it regularly to accommodate any changes in health and personal needs.
Our commitment is to provide the residence of choice for seniors, to enjoy a comfortable and dignified lifestyle in gracious surroundings complemented by quality healthcare services supporting each individual's needs.