Wingate Residences on Blackstone Boulevard - Providence, RI

Much Better Fit For Mom

Moving mom here was a much better choice it has what we were looking for to handle her care. It's a located memory care community and they have trained staffing to handle my mother's outburst and paranoia. They were recently just sold so there are new staffing and new management and they are very professional and kind and very knowledable. They are definitely living up to what they promised as far as the extent of care they would provide for mom. The community is clean and odor free. The residents seem to be well taken care of.

Wingate Healthcare

Thank you for your kind words! Our team takes pride in the care we provide our residents, and we are so glad to have you and your family as part of our Wingate family now.

Upper Class!

The community was nice and the people were very helpful and gave us a wonderful tour. When I was touring the dining hall it just was so fancy. It seemed a little like it was upper class. The residents were all dressed in nice close and this just was not a good fit for my father in law.

Alzheimer's care for my mother

Everyone at Wingate has been more than helpful in getting my mother settled after a long trip from CA. From finding a doctor who can visit her on site, to making appointments with the visiting hair dresser or podiatrist, they have made her transition very easy. People with Alzheimer's don't always make life easy and I am very appreciative of the care and consideration she has been given. The campus is beautiful, with well kept gardens, lots of grass, trees, flowers, flat paths and benches - perfect for a 92 year old. The memory care section is circular, with many of the rooms overlooking a lovely interior garden, also filled with flowers, bushes, paths and places to sit. The residents have access to that area anytime, weather permitting. There are plenty of activities such as chair exercises, visiting singers, art projects and word games. My mother seems happy and at ease.

Need More Staff

I seriously think that they need a larger staff. They do the best with the staff they have, but with the amount of residents, I just don't think there are enough people to keep them engaged. I just felt like she did not get what we expected and there were not enough things to do.

Wingate Healthcare

Honestly, the number of nursing and activities staff at Blackstone well exceeds state standards and at other local assisted living communities. We offer diverse programs that are delivered by well-trained and tenured staff, and we consistently seek to engage and individualize our activities. And yes, our staff are busy, but not too busy to deliver good service. We always seek feedback from residents and families so we can adjust what we offer and provide a high level of satisfaction. The daily calendar is very full with activity choices, all day long. Our vehicles are in constant use to support our connection with the local community as well. To achieve success, the devil is in the details of each resident's engagement and participation. Our door is always open and your feedback encouraged, and we hope that you tried to engage management along the way to make necessary changes. We will continue to strive for the best outcomes for everyone we serve. Thank you for taking the time to offer this feedback.

Great place, hard to leave!

Very nice place, great staff, good food, pleasant surroundings. I was visiting my sister-in-law, a resident at EPOCH, down the hall a live band was playing old favorite country rock. I'm getting on in years and found it difficult to leave!

Wingate Healthcare

We're so glad to hear you had a nice time visiting your sister-in-law here. Our residents and staff love music, and we frequently host concerts and performances as part of our events calendar each month. We hope you'll visit us again soon, and that you'll consider us for any assisted living needs you may have in the future. Thank you for taking the time to give us this positive feedback.

Common kitchen area is not very clean.

Common kitchen area is not very clean.

I wrote something somewhere...

I wrote something somewhere else on this web site. Nice man ...pleasant place. Actively considered but chose The Highlands instead

I s/w Bob. We like this fac...

I s/w Bob. We like this facility because it is affordable, provides the full continuum of care on the same campus,and has a common kitchen for residents to use if they want. What is confusing, however, is that Bob was 'unsure' if they accept Medicaid. Hollis said they do. Not sure about this disconnect. A has a friend from her building living here now. M knows of several people living there who like it.

Imagine spending every day as you wish enjoying friends and family, participating in stimulating cultural and social activities, and surrounding yourself with familiar furnishings in the privacy of your own home. Wingate Residences on Blackstone Boulevard is located in one of Rhode Island's finest neighborhoods on the historic East Side of Providence.
Our community provides a full spectrum of care from assisted living to skilled nursing and two levels of memory care. At Wingate Residences on Blackstone Boulevard, we offer all the comforts of home, the lifestyle and peace of mind you deserve, and so much more with fine dining and exceptional amenities. Private accommodations are available on premises for physicians' visits including podiatry, audiology, optometry and general practitioners.
We provide a wide array of social, cultural and personal care programs. The cornerstone of our extensive services is our Wellness Center where we cater to the continued health and increased vitality of residents. Our wellness program is staffed by trained professionals and offer residents the opportunity to maintain and improve their well-being. A registered nurse develops a customized wellness plan for each resident and updates it regularly to accommodate any changes in health and personal needs.
Our commitment is to provide the residence of choice for seniors, to enjoy a comfortable and dignified lifestyle in gracious surroundings, complemented by quality healthcare services to support each individual's needs.