Atria Crossroads Place - Waterford, CT

Nice facility. Surrounding location not as attractive as some other

[name removed] was a wonderful tour guide and patient with us. The atmosphere was very relaxing and I could see my mom here. The place was so clean and wonderfully decorated.

A tour for comfort for mom

I toured this community for a tour for my mom's care. We did not like the atmosphere at the time of the tour. The community seems to be nice and the menu looked appealing. The activities would have been offered to my mom. This community has a lot of nice things to offer. We did see small improvements that could be made with carpeting. We would suggest families tour the community for the care needed.

[Removed] was very information. Rooms are very spacious with a bigger shower that other places. Like very much. Organized with clients in mind for walking distances to activities.

Not what we expected...

We went into this venture with somewhat of a negative outlook. We have been pleasantly surprised! Atria has been wonderful to my mother and to my family. I went in there the other day because I needed information and they were so helpful.

Crossroads Place is all I could wish for. It is conveniently located. The units are spacious and bright. The staff we met were all very friendly and there was an elegant yet homey atmosphere. Loved that dining is "free-style" with no set meal times or seating arrangements. There was a lot of laughter heard in the common areas.

Many Activities and Welcoming Residents

My mom's experience has been excellent so far. The care has been great and all of the activities too. Now she is participating in many activities. The residents are welcoming and friendly. We had an easy selection seeing that is was newer, updated, and in a good location.

This community did not work for us

This was a nice attractive community. We found that they did not have the level of care my mother in law required. They did not seem really responsive when she needed assistance, however I think they may have been understaffed. I would say to look into this community if your loved one is more independent and does not need a lot of care.

I took a tour!

When I toured the Atria Crossroads Place, it was a very nice community. The people that took me took me around were very nice and friendly. I met the nurses and it was a good experience. We chose another community because of location, but this one was a great option.

Too "cookie cutter" "high rise" and big. But a possibility still

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our Engage Life program, with over 200 monthly events, we welcome you back any time.

A++ Facility

Mom loves it here! Private apartment, yet lots of neighbors to socialize with. Food is five star dining. Staff from housekeeping and waiters, to maintenance, nurses and recreation are extremely friendly. Every time I visit the residents I see are skyways so happy. Great range of activities to keep everyone busy and social. It feels like one big family!

Excellent Care

This community is new. The staff members are outstanding. The food is good and a nice variety to choose from. Alot of great activities to choose from. This community comes highly recommended to others.

Atria in Waterford CT a great place to live.

Atria in Waterford, CT goes well beyond my expectations. Everyone from staff and residence have been very friendly and all have taken time to welcome my mother to the community. There is all kinds of activities for the residents which my Mom is slowly starting to participate in. The facility is beautiful and well maintained both inside and out. Mom enjoys the food in the dining room everyday. I left believing my Mom could live independently but would a whole community looking out of her.

Atria was a very nice place, light and bright, nicely decorated, clean and no odors. Staff seemed friendly and polite. Food looked and smelled good.

good experience

The only thing I would change about Atria Crossroads Place is for them to keep more functions on each floor. The residents have to all go on the third floor for activities. Other than that it is a great facility. It has been a really good experience here.

Good

Atria Crossroads is a great facility and atmosphere. It is a home like feeling which is good. My loved is somewhat happy being here. The rooms are small but its durable. It could use a little more cleaning up but other than that everything seems to be going fine.

One month Respite

My one bedroom Apartment was way too too small for me I felt claustrophobic. Every thing else about Atria
Crossroads was excellent.

Very pleased with this place!

We're very happy with everything at Atria Crossroads Place! They've been excellent about communication, which is a welcome change from the facility our loved one was at previously. They always keep us in the loop when it comes to care, activity schedules, and things like that. And their activity schedule for their memory care residents is great, they've got plenty going on to keep everyone active and entertained. They also do a really good job with the food, they've got a top notch chef and it always looks delicious! They have very reasonable rates, and an all inclusive pricing structure, which is much easier to work with.

Excellent memory care

Overall our experience with Atria Crossroads Place has been a good one. My loved one is in their memory care unit, and they seem to be taking great care of him. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and the facility is always clean and well kept. They also do a good job with the food!

A Couple's Home

Both of our parents are residents at Atria. The continuum of care was a feature that we knew we would need to exercise, and the staff at Atria made it as gentle as possible to move into the Life Guidance (memory care) unit.

The facilities, services and responsiveness to needs are very high quality. It is a great relief not only to have our parents in a safe environment but one in which we trust.

Beautiful Place

I looked at the Atria back in May and it was beautiful. The place was clean, the staff was wonderful and they have a wide range of activities for the residents to enjoy. I think my mom will be really happy here.

Great.

Great.

Over the Top Wonderful!

My mother is very happy there. She's never in her room! She is in the dementia wing, but she loves it there. She is so entertained there that she thinks she is in a spa, and they are over the top nice to her.

My father seems happy there

First of all, the building, resident rooms and apartments, dining room, and other resident service rooms are all very nice. When touring resident facilities in the area for my father, I toured the memory care unit at Atria (Pathways) with the thought that one day my father may need it. It was bright and roomy, with a secure outside area for the residents. My impression of it was very positive. Right now my father has no need for special assisted living services even though his memory is declining. The staff, from resident care aides to administrative, is very friendly and many have been employed there since it opened 13 years ago. They seem eager to provide personal, attentive service. My father says "they have thought of everything." He has lived there now for a week. He especially enjoys the "Happy Hour" that is held every day. (Beer, wine, or soft drinks and snack).

Wonderful Memory Care Program

They really do seem wonderful. It's just that my mother just lost her husband so we didn't want her to lose both husband and home at the same time so we chose to go with a live in caregiver.

We looked a the Alzheimer's wing and it just really seemed to be a great program. Those that want to be busy were busy all day with activities and games. They don't just sit them in front of a TV. If they want someone will take them up to the exercise room or group activities. Twice a week they go to happy hour. The residents do have the option to stay in their room. The staff doesn't force them to get involved but they really do encourage them.

The other big thing was they allowed the residents to have animals as long as they are able to take care of them which is a huge thing because my mom would have been able to keep her cat as long as she or a family member could take care of it.

Has more cultural activites

I thought it would have been a good hoice. It wasn't as convinient as Haddam, you had to get on 95 to get there and I could avoid getting on the 95. The facility was nice, but it couldn't really compare. It looked like the activities that they offered were pretty nice, I think they offered a good level of cultural activities, things that are a little more upscale than bingo. I think they brought in some entertainment that would have been appealing to my sister. She had lived in the New York City area and would go to the opera so those are the things she misses.

Very nice place. The one time mainta...

Very nice place. The one time maintainance fee is a little steep at $4,450.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you found our community to be pleasant and I would like to address the fee you mentioned. It is a one-time administrative/health and wellness assessment fee that includes the initial evaluation of a potential new resident to determine what level of care is needed. If we can help further, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We are happy to help explain any details regarding our community or fee structure.

Beautiful and classy. High energy fe...

Beautiful and classy. High energy feeling. A good fit for extroverts.

clt talked with the director, unable ...

clt talked with the director, unable to accommodate my client as she transfers with hoyer

Exciting NEW enhancements are now complete at Atria Crossroads Place! Extensive renovations include refurbished common spaces, an upgraded salon, a modern bistro, redesigned restaurant and private dining room with outdoor canopy, library, custom fitness center, additional outdoor green space and a Saflok® key entry system.

Atria Crossroads Place also offers an expanded and remodeled Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood, with 13 new apartments, a new events center and secure outdoor garden, plus a refurbished dining room and demonstration kitchen.

At Atria Crossroads Place, you’ll find a charming New England setting where you can meet new people and explore new interests. Enjoy a quiet walk around the neighborhood, relax in the great room or play a game of cards in the large common areas. There’s also a solarium, library, exercise room, wellness center and welcoming country kitchen to help keep your body and mind healthy.