Academy Point At Mystic - Mystic, CT

My only criticism is that they need to do a better job cleaning bathrooms, in particular the toilets. Some people need to have them cleaned after each movement.

Care and comfort

We like the care from this community for my father. The staff is caring and attentive to his needs. The community is clean and a lot of variety for the residents are available. This community is a good environment. I would recommend families to this community for the good care for a loved one.

Nice staff

The assisted living area of this community is wonderful. The people I met were nice and knowledgable. The memory care unit was not what we were looking for as it seemed dark, tight and not as clean.

Found The Best Place

Academy Point at Mystic did an amazing job of turning a bad situation and experience from the previous community and making it into a favorable and positive experience for me and my mom. At the previous place, they assessed her to be incontinent, here at Academy Point she has not had one accident. I am very happy with their four levels of care. The staff members here are great about taking care of her needs. They are very nurturing and caring and it is such a happy place. The food is excellent. They recently had a lobster bake for the residents and their families, and today I dined with my mom for lunch and they prepared the meals with lobster. My mom has to have her food pureed and they accommodated her by pureeing the lobster for her. They offer a lot of variety and choices in the meals. My mom is loved by the staff members and she seems to thrive with their care. They offer activities and exercise for the residents. I tell everyone I know how great it is here at Academy Point at Mystic.

[Removed] was very informative. I liked the facility and the level of nursing care they offer.

Our family totally LOVES Academy point.
100% OF THE STAFF is courteous, patient, helpful and caring.
We could not be happier.
[Removed] is a GREAT leader.
The food & wait-service is excellent and abundant.
THANK YOU Academy Point!

All is Well for My Mother at This Community

Everything is working out very well since my mother's move to this community. She is safe, and good hands here, and I'am pleased with everything they have done for us. The staff is great, they have been very helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness, everything is very well-kept. This community is working out well for us, and i would recommend it.

Good choice for Dad

The experience with Academy Point has been positive! I feel they have enough staff to care for my father.The community is nice and clean when we visit and has an overall good atmosphere.

Good Community. But Unable to Provide the Level of Care

I wish this community was a more upfront about the level of care that were able to provide my sister in law. I do not feel she is getting the level of care she needs. Every time I bring up my concerns, they give me plenty of excuses. She has only been showered 3 times since her move. I feel this is an independent community, or for someone who doesn't require much care. It is a good community. The staff is kind and helpful. This is a nice community, but not the one for my sister in law and her needs.

Love it but pricey

Clean, lovely accommodations. View to river was spectacular. The daily menu choices were great. I was very pleased with the "ageing in place" concept which would only cause one move for my parent.

Things are going fine at Academy Point.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

very pleasant

My encounters thus far have been very pleasant at Academy Point At Mystic. Mom is a difficult person and the staff have dealt with her really well. I haven't had any difficulties. They are good with communication if she needs to see a doctor or anything else. I really appreciate that.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please reach out to us at any time ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you or your mom.

While we were there they did good by her.

We weren't here very long at all. While we were there they did good by her. The nursing staff were interested, and respectful, and even visited her once in the hospital and once in the rehab center. The memory care department was a good size. I felt that their pricing was fair. A lot of our experience remains to be seen in how the parent company handles the financial end of things, but I have high hopes.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) for any assistance.

Very welcoming to my mother.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for the kind words!

Nice place overall, but a few very big issues

In general we like Academy Point at Mystic a lot, in terms of the care and the amenities they provide to the residents, but there are a few issues that have really soured the whole experience. The nursing staff here is very good, they take great care of the residents and they have been very easy to work with. The dining staff also do an excellent job, the service is fast and the food is good!
Our biggest problems have been in terms of maintenance issues, and in particular the maintenance man himself. Our loved one has had multiple issues with her toilet leaking/overflowing, and we've had to call the maintenance man in more than once for this issue. He has a very bad attitude, and has gotten nasty with me on more than one occasion. He hasn't made effort to fix the cause of the issue and fix the toilet, he just sets up fans to dry the bathroom out until we have to call him again. Our experience with him has been negative enough that we have considered pulling out loved one out of this community to avoid dealing with him at all, which would be a shame because otherwise it is a very pleasant place.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please feel free to call the Executive Director ([removed]) at any time if we can be of assistance to you and your family.

It's beautiful and right on the water.

It's beautiful and right on the water. Nancy was just phenomenal, even after we didn't choose them she would follow up and offer help. They just didn't have any availablility when we looked. We really liked this place.

Hi Brian,

Your words mean everything to us! Please feel to contact Academy Point at Mystic ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

This is a first choice for out of the...

This is a first choice for out of the home care.

Awesome place. Director is wonderful....

Awesome place. Director is wonderful. Have been twice.

Lovely old world, nautical feeling. ...

Lovely old world, nautical feeling. Love the views of Mystic Seaport.

Overlooking downtown Mystic Connecticut, Academy Point is a thoughtful, historic renovation of the former Mystic Academy. Much of the original building has been preserved to offer an environment rich in local history and fond memories. As an assisted living community, Academy point provides its services in a residential, home-like environment. View the beautiful Mystic Seaport from the spectacular 4th floor dining room, or read a treasured book by the fireplace in the living room. Academy Point at Mystic is true New England.

If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Academy Point at Mystic offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.