Very Happy Overall

It's a nice, new place. The people are nice and it's close to where my mother lived anyway so she's still in the neighborhood. It's really clean because it's new and they keep up with it very well. They have activities but right now my mom is a little standoffish. We're trying to get her move involved and so is the staff. I think she didn't really get involved at first because she thought it was only temporary. We knew that might not be the case. She's got dementia and Parkinson's so when the doctor finally told her she needed to stay where she could get care she was a little depressed about that. Hopefully she'll start to participate int he activities a little more now that she'll be staying there long term.

The care seems good. The one complaint that she has is she claims when she pushes the call button it takes them longer to get to her but i think she might be exaggerating. She likes the food. We're really happy with the place overall.

Helpful and knowlegeable staff but the food could be better

The woman who runs it was extremely helpful. She was there for us every step of the way. Everyone ther is very friendly, helpful and they seem knowledgeable.

The quality of their food isn't that great. It seems like perhaps the person that does the cooking doesn't appear to like her job very well. We subsidize that with out own food because we're close. It would be nice if they could have better quality food. That was one of the biggest things we were dissappointed with.

I liked that they had their doors to the rooms open (you can have them closed if you want) so people can walk by and check on my mother-in-law. It seemed like it might be more social for her.

We toured the slightly larg...

We toured the slightly larger and newer Creek Side Terrace with a member of the staff. Got a very good vibe and think this would be a good place for him. Unfortunately there are no openings right now, so this will be an issue. I also need to call the directory to discuss financial questions as well as the potential for availability in these two properties.

I felt very good about this residence...

I felt very good about this residence. We had a ton of questions and Wendy at Creek Side Manor had answers for all of them. I try not to be impressed with how things LOOK because services are so important at this stage, but I was impressed with the services and the atmosphere. This is a serious contender!