Country Cottage - Hoover, AL

• Memory Care Services

BAD place to bring your love ones

DONT EVER SEND YOUR LOVE ONES THERE THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND THEY ABUSE THEIR RESIDENTS AND THEY FEED THEM COLD FOOD. THEY DON'T TAKE PROPER CARE OF THESE PEOPLE I FEEL SO SAD FOR THE RESIDENTS. They are very very unsanitary. Please please please please please please i repeat. Then they mistreat they staff.

Very personable manager ([Removed]). Residents appeared happy and staff interacted well with them. Lovely place

GREAT facility with a loving, caring staff. They were very accommodating and eager to meet the needs of our family.

Nice tour

We had a very nice tour of this community and the staff did a nice job in showing us around the community as well as answering our questions. My Uncle felt that this was just not what he was looking for.

The employees I met could not have been more helpful. The small environment really gives County Cottages a feeling like you are in a home. The only reason I am giving it four stars is that the rooms are all studio and are quite small. This was not the right fit for my mother in law, but it is definitely worth a look if the studio apartment is okay with you. The employees really seemed to care about the residents and work to make the people there feel loved and like they are at home.

The employees I met could not have been more helpful. The small environment really gives County Cottages a feeling like you are in a home. The only reason I am giving it four stars is because he rooms are all studio and are quite small. This was not the right fit for my mother in law, but it is definitely worth a look if the studio apartment is okay with you. The employees really seemed to care about the residents and work to make the people there feel loved and like they are at home.

Fours across the board

The staff have done a good job caring for mom. They are attentive and we have good communication. The food is good and they keep the community clean. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Dad loves it!

We are very pleased with this community. The food is great my dad says. He also is happy with the care that he is receiving. The community is clean and they are always making sure dad's room is clean. The only thing that bothers me is that they do not have much of activities for the residents.

I had A Good Tour of This Community

I had a very nice tour of this community. It is a great community. Everyone was very kind and friendly. They were all very nice to my family and myself. The community looked great, everything was very well-kept. My tour went very well.

[Removed] was very friendly and explained everything very clearly for us. He helped up figure out what level of care we would need for my father. The community is much smaller than others we visited and has more of a feel of home.

5 Stars All The Way!!

During my tour i got to meet the friendly staff in the community. The tour guide showed me all the activities offered and the beautician on site. The whole community was great. It was very clean and up-kept. The friendliness of everyone was great.

mother has been very happy there

It has really been very pleasant overall. My mother has been very happy there - much more than she has been at other places.

We did just have a situation with getting some of her prescriptions filled. There was a lack of diligence and follow-up to where it took much longer than it should have to get her prescriptions filled.

Overall though it has been a very good experience and I expect once we get this one little kink worked out it'll be smooth sailing.

Very nice & friendly. Would recommend

pros and cons

As my Aunt has only been a resident for a mouth there is not much to complain or complement about. The care seems very good and the caregivers are very attentive to all the residents. My only personal complant is lack of access. You cannot get in or out unless a staff member lets you and there is no direct number to the cottages. I find it very frustrating I cannot call and find out how she is doing without going trough a act of congress, or worse you go through the answering machine and the person that answers the phone, only to have no one answer in the cottage. This is very poor service to families.

Very nice place, overall

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far I think Country Cottage has done a good job. The people here are friendly and professional, and do a great job looking out for the residents. He feels well treated and respected, and seems to have settled in well. My only issue so far has been that he is not enjoying the food, and I have seen other reviews online saying that the food here could use work. However, I will say that they've been talking with him about the sorts of things he likes to eat, so they are actively working to improve!

Jessica was pleasant and knowledgeable. Nice facility, rooms are small. Common areas are nice and spacious but private rooms do not allow for much personal furniture.

I was very impressed with this facility. The staff is super friendly and very knowlegable. The layout of the facility is thoughtful and its cleanliness is impressive. The ratio of staff to resident was reassuring as well.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think they've done a great job at Country Cottage! The people who work here are all very friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. The only minor issue we've had is communication difficulties between shift changes, sometimes care requests you've made don't get passed along. But overall a very nice place!

Friendly and communicative staff!

They do a great job at Country Cottage! It's a nice looking, clean, friendly community. The staff are all very caring and professional, and they are very good about staying in touch and keeping you up to date on how your loved one is doing. They also do a good job providing activities to keep everyone entertained, even for their memory care residents.

Bad Experience

Bad food. Cold & Tasteless. No activities.

basic ammenities and includ...

basic ammenities and includes laundry service

Ms. Jessica Peterman was sp...

Ms. Jessica Peterman was splendid and we loved the lemonade and cookies provided us. Nevertheless the overall feel of the facility reminded me of a summer lodge or camp for the elderly... not a permanent home. Particularly more hallway space is needed in the Dementia facility.

Like this place very much. ...

Like this place very much. It is a small community with a very caring staff. It appears to be a well run, clean, comfortable place.

Down Home Feel

The staff is very helpful, friendly, and courteous! I like the community. Residents are encouraged to interact with each other and they promote a home atmosphere.
The rooms are small, but cozy and they like to keep the numbers low in order to maintain that cozy home atmosphere.

Food Quality

I find that the people that works there are very nice .i do have a problem with the food on the weekend and evening. I find that when I go over to visit with my mother at dinner the food is cold most of the time and on the weekend it's not just cold but has no taste . I find that when the food is not good the people living there don't eat and they go back to their room. There is more food not eaten than food eaten so to me that is a waste of MONEY and time ! So if they aren't eating then that tells me you are going to have some sick and unhealthy people living there . Good food means healthy people. My mother loves the breakfast and lunches during the week but not so much on the weekend . The food on the weekend is cold and tasteless.

Not the level of care we had been led to believe.

My Aunt needed more assistance than Country Cottages was able to provide. They should not have accepted her knowing there was not adequate staff to tend to her needs. As you consider Country Cottages, please be sure to ask about night staffing, or the lack of.

I would only recommend this facility for those who need just minimal assistance.

It was clean and staff pers...

It was clean and staff personable. The rooms were very small (220 sf) We were told there were a few male residents but primarily female. Staff helpful in giving VA links and info. Of the 2 assisted sites visited, we preferred this one to Plantation Manor.

Good Communication

One of the things that impressed me was their communication. We're able to talk to the people in charge if we need to or anyone who is giving our mother care. That's been a positive point. The primary activities are all on holidaty - Fourth of July cookouts and things like that. They're kind of sporatic. My mother enjoys things like bible study and sing alongs and there has been very little of that. We looked at another place and this was the place that was best suited for her.

Real Service

At the heart of Country Cottage is CareSteps, an individualized service plan designed to solve the real, day-to-day issues that have threatened to destroy the independence you’ve worked so hard to achieve. CareSteps assures that you’ll receive the right amount of help at the right time. As a team, you, your family, and our trained staff will determine the best way to help you to maintain or improve your independence.

Living Longer, Living Better

•Nurse supervised staff
• Twenty-four hour scheduled and unscheduled attention
• CareSteps Personal Care Plan
• Three home-style meals a day
• Planned off- and on-site recreation
• Scheduled transportation
• Weekly thorough housekeeping and daily tidy up
• Weekly personal laundry service