Chateau Vestavia Retirement - Birmingham, AL

Over The Top Staff!!

This community has a lot to offer. They accept pets and activities are offered. A doctor is on call on site. The staff that i met during my tour were very nice. The guide was knowledgeable and gave me a proper tour. I really like the interaction between the staff and the residents. I wish the location would have been where we were looking it's a great community.

Very nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this facility while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Chateau Vestavia was very impressive looking, probably the nicest looking facility we toured. The inside felt like a 5 star hotel! However, it was also one of the more expensive places we looked at, and over twice the price of the place we ended up selecting.

Aside from a few minor concerns, we are happy

Aside from a few minor concerns, we are happy and my Mother in Law seems content. They have been great at the relationship between the residents and the workers. They are kind and patient. Cleanliness is not a plus. My Mother In Laws room has not been cleaned. They told us that we had to supply bathroom tissue and then I found out that one of the other residents does not have to supply toilet paper. This may not be a big issue for some, but we pay a lot of money for this facility. Another concern is that we were told we would be able to use the staff physician when we first got here. My Mother in Law has been here for two months and they are just telling us that he is no longer taking new patients.

This was a very run down facility in need of major renovations. It was dark, and we were not initially welcomed by warm, smiling faces. The manager and salesperson were more than kind and welcoming, however. We enjoyed a mediocre meal. The room we were shown had been upgraded with stainless steel appliances and a manufactured wood-type floor. The one that was available had not been upgraded.

great interaction with mom

I like the interaction that they have with my mom at Chateau Vestavia Retirement. They keep her very involved and engaged which means a lot to me and helps her out a lot. It's a very nice place with friendly staff, and one I would certainly recommend.

Kia Crawford

That's great to hear that your mom is very satisfied with services received at Chateau Vestavia. We try to load our calendars full of enriching and engaging activities for our residents! We love that fact that your mom is active in our community. Thank you for dropping by to review us!

Review of Chateau Vestavia Retirement in Vestavia Hills, AL

I love living here at Chateau Vestavia!

Review of Chateau Vestavia Retirement in Vestavia Hills, AL

I think Chateau Vestavia Retirement Community is good. I give it 5 stars!

Review of Chateau Vestavia Retirement in Vestavia Hills, AL

Nice facility. Meals good quality and adequate. Generally friendly. Most staff adequate, some untrained.

Jasmine offered us a great ...

Jasmine offered us a great tour. She's quite savvy and answered all of our questions. Overall we thought their Dementia care cost was a bit expensive. The feel of the Dementia care division reminded me of an average mental ward tucked in the basement of a well appointed hospital.

Kia Crawford

We are glad you had a great experience with Jasmine and that she was able to answer your questions. However, we certainly do not view our community's memory care neighborhood as a "mental ward". Our residents with dementia and Alzheimer's require specialized care and security, Many families are aware of the challenges their loved ones face coping with Alzheimer's and other dementia and feel very comfortable with the care they receive at our community. We hope if all circumstances allow, they you would consider us again when the time is right.

From the moment you walk through the door, you will experience the difference that is Chateau Vestavia. Family owned and locally operated, we are a part of the beautiful Vestavia Hills community. Our caring professional staff is committed to making this the most worry-free time of your life. We take time to get to know you and your individual needs while providing a warm enjoyable atmosphere so you can live life to its fullest.

We offer a variety of floor plans such as warm and comfortable studios as well as spacious 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
Chateau Vestavia is a full-service retirement community for the changing interest of today's seniors. Your monthly fee includes such amenities as 3 delicious meals daily in our well-appointed dining room, daily activities, utilities, weekly maid and linen services, transportation and much more.