Seasons Courtyard - Cincinnati, OH

fabulous facility and budget range, but a little too high brow for my mother in-laws taste.

A good community!!

Mom loved her stay at Seasons Courtyard. The staff are nice and they keep the community clean. The food was good. They did not have a medicaid space available so we had to find another community.

A Great Community For My Father

This is a great community, and my father is doing well here. I know he is safe and being cared for well here. They have good staff, they have been very helpful and kind. There activities available, and the meals are good. Overall they are providing him with good care, and I'am satisfied. This community has worked well for us.

Providing My Mother In Law Good Care

My mother in law is doing well here at this community. They have a great staff here, we know she is in good hands here. This is a nice and clean community, everything is well maintained. They have a nice staff here. We are comfortable with the care they are providing her with.

Lovely place with outstanding activities! A bit larger and a farther drive from me (daughter) than we would like, but I 'd recommend a visit if you are in the market.

Happy with our Seasons retirement selection

The Seasons could not have done any more to make the move into their facility easier. The staff members are friendly and eager to help.

Food is very good with a nice selection of dishes. Apartment has plenty of room, was freshly painted and had new carpet installed .

Prices on guest dinners may have gone up since billing is showing more than originally quoted. It would be helpful to post those prices on their TV station.

Good care, very poor sales experience

I will say that my loved ones are receiving excellent care here, and it is a very nice looking facility. However, I had a very poor experience actually getting them in here. The woman I worked with was friendly, I was working with a very limited time frame and I feel like I was being taken advantage of. I couldn't get them to give me a price for anything until I told them my budget, and they came back with something slightly above that. I also paid a 5,100 fee which I thought was a down payment on the first months rent, but it turns out it was a non-refundable "community fee". They really need to do a better job explaining their various fees, and having a price sheet for potential residents would go a long way as well.

SLC Midwest

We are so pleased to read you feel your loved ones are receiving excellent care. We work hard to ensure we are providing the best care possible for all our residents.

I am sorry there was confusion regarding the pricing for our Assisted Living. Due to the unique nature of care provided by our Assisted Living staff, we are unable to provide true pricing until an assessment is completed and an individualized care plan determined. Given the nature of your loved one’s finances, we did our best to stay as close to your budget as possible and provided you with a significant discount on your family’s monthly rent.

Since your happiness and the happiness of our residents is of the utmost importance to Seasons, please feel free to contact me Russ Conrad at [removed] directly to discuss any further concerns.

mom is in a good place there at the facility. This is a 5 star rating community. I would recommend to others as well. Overall, the facility is definitely 5 stars.

At Spa Day last week, I was very impressed with Jill when she got down on her knees and washed a resident's feet who was having a tough time and Jill didn't hesitate to help her. Everyone at Seasons is so eager and willing to "HELP". I would recommend the Seasons to friends and I plan to.

There are more activities here than I have time to partake in. Jill is enthusiastic, open to suggestions and excellent in her job. The dining room is great as is the wait staff. All of the staff at Seasons are helpful. I would recommend a friend to the Seasons.

I am a recent resident and so far my experience at the Seasons has been excellent. My daughter and son in law just moved back to Cincinnati and I came to tour the Seasons and was so impressed with Molly. We had lunch and the food was like a lovely restaurant with high quality food. I have never encountered a friendlier group of residents. Without a doubt, I would recommend the Seasons.

I chose Seasons because my friend Frank Kammerer lives here and he said it was a great place for a widower. So, I came for a stay and got the feel for it. I liked it and moved in 2 months later. It's a pleasant, happy place with friendly people. I am very content here. I would recommend the Seasons to anyone and I have. I set a friend up with Betsy.

current resident and very happy

Well my first though was "this place is alive!" I have found the residents to be very welcoming and including. the staff is always pleasant and very pleased to help-- they know what they are doing. The food is great! And as a Seasons team member I would recommend Kari Egbers! I would definitely recommend Seasons to a friend.

I am very pleased to be here. I've only been here for 3 weeks, so not long, but the pople are nice, the food is great and I feel as comfortable here as I did in my own home. I would definitely recommend the Seasons to anyone.

I chose Seasons because of the service; everything from the food to the people. I have had complete satisfaction and feel very blessed and fortunate to be here. I am very happy with it.

Nice but.........

I wish the assisted living in room monitors didn't act as the PA system. It's confusing to my mother. The nurses make announcements asking another nurse to "declare their location" or basically, where are you? What room are you in providing care.....what resident are you with.....that kind of an announcement and my mom is very confused by that kind of noise. When she is in her room this apparently goes on throughout the day. The announcements about lunch and general activities are great but the facility needs to find a better way to allow staff to "page" each other without disturbing residents.

SLC East

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are very sorry about your experience and want you to know this is not a standard that is expected in our Assisted Living. We are addressing the issue immediately and already have new walkie-talkie pagers on order for the staff so that this does not happen again. Please feel free to contact me at [removed] if you have any other questions about our community or if I can help you in any other way. Nick Carson- Administrator

They love it, it's great!

They love it, it's great! The staff is very, very friendly. It's a very clean place. I haven't had any complaints about the food or the activities, or anything at all so far. We are really pleased with them.

Great Place.

Really love this place for my parents. It's very clean, the staff is friendly, and there's a lot of things going on. The staff is very accommodating and the food is great.

Surgery Rehab - great staff!

The staff is busy but enthusiastic and they did a great job getting my mom rehabbed and ready to move back into Assisted Living

I recommend Seasons to my friends

Seasons is set in the midst of a small forest with many trees, flowers, small furry animals, colorful birds, and sometimes a deer or two. I enjoy living close to nature. Here, I am able to utilize many enjoyable skills from my pre-retirement days. I've found the staff very open to new ideas. I enjoy learning, and I am thrilled that many activities enable me to increase myknowledge of the world. My rating of 4.5 indicates there is room for improvement in the area of recycling. I'd like all residents and staff to be involved in this project.

I would recomment Seasons to a friend

My wife and i live in independent living. The quarters are excellent as is the staff.

Avoid at all costs

I have a friend who lives at Seasons in their independent living apartments, which is really nice and spacious with friendly staff, so I didn't hesitate to choose the Courtyard at Seasons for rehab after my surgery. I had never been in that building before, and I quickly learned that I should have looked at it first. Same campus, right across the parking lot, a world of difference.

I was amazed at the lack of professionalism of the staff! I expected the same level of refinement that I had seen when I visited the independent living building, but no such luck. I was clearly an inconvenience to the nurses, aides, and waiters. Not only did it take several minutes to get a response to my call light but once it was "answered" I still waited several more minutes for the assistance I needed!

I was stunned to see what appeared to be blood stains on the carpet in my room! I did not have any confidence that I was in a sanitary environment and there appeared to be water stains on the carpet near the patio door. The walls were desperately in need of patching and paint.

Thanks goodness the therapy team was competent and able to get me out of there quickly. The best part of my stay was definitely the day I left.

Shame on me for not checking places out before I decided where to go, but at least now I know I should never go back to Courtyard at Seasons.

The dining room looked very nice, but the staff did not fit the environment. They should maybe send their staff to McDonald's for customer service training.

SLC East

As the new Administrator of Courtyard at Seasons it is my top goal to ensure the satisfaction of everyone who comes to stay with us. I am very sorry you were unhappy with your stay and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally in order to better understand some of these concerns. I can be reached directly at [removed]. In the meantime, I am implementing monthly customer service training for all staff so the hospitality you have come to expect from Seasons is experienced in all levels of care. Again, I am sorry you were disappointed and hope to be given a second chance in the event of a future need. – Nick Carson, Administrator

Staff is friendly and helpful. I love...

Staff is friendly and helpful. I love the events they plan for the resident's. The residents are super friendly. Besides the appliances being outdated, we are very happy with the facility.

I would recommend Seasons to a friend

I am one of the people who love and appreciate living at SEASONS. I moved from Springfield Twp and I didn't know anyone here. We chose SEASONS because I love my apartment, the people who work here are most cheerful and helpful, the activities are terrific and the food is delicious. Seating in dining room needs improvement. Other than this, I feel blessed to live here.

We toured this facility and our mom h...

We toured this facility and our mom had the privilege of staying overnight for a couple nights. Her experience was first class! She enjoyed the residents, the staff was professional, the facility was clean and the food was great! The only downfall was that they are on a wait list. Good problem to have! Keep up the wonderful job.

I would recommend Seasons to my friends!

From the time I walked in the door, I saw nothing but happy smiles on the resident's faces. The staff was welcoming and friendly. This waas the plave I wanted to be a part of and where I wanted to live. Although all ws not paradise all the time, it was still where I brought my brother to come and live for the short time he had left to live. This was an experience I will treasure. The residents and the staff went out of their way to make his last days comfortable. In the five years I have been here- this is the best facility in Cincinnati.

I don't think there is a more superio...

I don't think there is a more superior retirement commnunity in Cincinnati! It doesn't feel like an apartment with the porches, verandas, atrium (which gives you a feeling of space), lawns, trees, gardens...a great location! Meals: top chef, attractive meals, so mnay young servers eager to serve us; nice to see young people in the community. Staff: from Concierge to activities to managers of all other services, everyone one of them is enthusiastic about helping all. Activities: so many choices, best around. Specials: 5 daily entree choices, minimal happy hour cost, no tipping. Seasons has attractive residents who are happy and actively participate. Seasons is a fine place to live in retirement...it provides something for all ages of interest. I highly recommend Seasons for retirement living!

Happy Resident

We chose Seasons because of their reputation and their location. We would definitely recommend Seasons to our friends.

current resident review

I've lived here for Seven years. The competence, friendliness, and reliability of the staff makes living here a delightful experience. The residents are not far behind- Happy residents makes for a peaceful environment.

Nice looking community!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and definitely somewhere we would have considered as an option. The staff were friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. However, Mom wanted to be in an area she was slightly more familiar with.

A great way to spend the rest of my life!

My first impression of the Seasons was the atrium...it reminded me of a cruise ship. For the past two years I have been on a cruise! The Seasons has everything that I have ever wanted...friendships, great discussions, meeting wonderful people and the food is fantastic! I don't have to prepare it and I don't have to wash the dishes. The biggest and the most satisfactory experience I am having is working with Jill James, program director. With her, I photograph all of the events that are happening daily. Everyone at the Seasons has a story, and I love wrting about them and their stories. I recommend the Seasons to everyone. It is a well organized organization. I love it here!

Dennis and his staff provide the best...

Dennis and his staff provide the best meals at Seasons. Gourmet meals, like lobster tails and beef tenderloin, on special occasions are a real treat. The happiest times is social hour twice a week! The entire staff at Seasons are the very best, helpful at all times, whenever needed. They all work well together as a team and assist one another. Jill & Nancy in the programming department offer so many activities that it is sometimes difficult to decide which activity to attend; it's a great problem to have. Tricia is a big asset to Seasons and someone I would go to if I ever needed something. She is very knowledgeable about so many areas of the Seasons. I have been to many other communities to visit and I would highly recommend the Seasons. It has a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere!

Our executive director, Nate Gruber, ...

Our executive director, Nate Gruber, is great. He is always friendly and willing to talk to you. Tricia Feitlinger has always been kind to me and has always been willing to talk to me. She has never turned me down when i needed help with anything. I haved lived at the Seasons for 15 months and I will be moving to Florida soon to be near family. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a place to live. I will miss all the friends I have made here, expecially the ladies. Jill James is also great, a hard worker.

Wouldn't mind staying here myself

Overall I was pretty impressed by this community. We toured quite a few when we were looking into options for my loved one, and this was the only one I saw that I wouldn't mind going to myself if I were in the same situation. The one complaint I have heard from my loved one is that the food could use a lot of improvement.

SLC East

We would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for visiting The Seasons. We are pleased to learn that overall you and your loved one were impressed with the community. We are disappointed to learn that your impression of the dining was less than satisfactory. Not only do we have an experienced and talented Executive Chef leading our culinary team but we also proactively seek out feedback on how to enhance the dining experience from our residents during the routine food committee meetings. Both our Executive Director, Nate Gruber and our Executive Chef, Dennis Glosser want to personally invite you back to the community to join us for lunch or dinner at The Seasons. Please call today to schedule your dining experience in our scenic regal dining room and learn why so many have made the decision to call Seasons their Home. Please reference this review when scheduling your return visit.

Love it!

We love everything about this place! They had just what we were looking for in terms of the size of the apartments, and the amenities. We requested a unit that had a balcony, and that's what we got! Everyone here is very friendly, it's a beautiful looking community, and the food and dining room are wonderful. I'd give them top marks across the board!

Visited 7.18. Place has Gr...

Visited 7.18. Place has Grown, & added services since late-'80's! Dressier 'members' than I 'm comfortable with. Perhaps 10:30 am is poor time to visit? Mngmt wants you present for ALL meals, when I'd love to have my simple brkfst in-room. They phone to check if you don't show for meals - Just to be sure you're OK. Person I saw was Betsy. Good at her job! Have Propaganda folder.

SLC East

Thank you for posting a review. We are disappointed that you did not have a better experience during your tour of the community. Selecting the best community for you is an important and difficult decision. We wanted to take an opportunity to clarify a few of the services that we offer. Our dining room is available for service from 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM. While we are always concerned for our residents safety and security we do not require for anyone to check-in prior to each meal service. We do offer a complimentary check-in service mid-morning as peace of mind for our residents and families. We want our residents to feel at home at The Seasons and thus no formal dress is required. Lastly we welcome tours of our community anytime during the week so that you can learn more about Living Life at The Seasons.

Nice, spacious units. Activities all ...

Nice, spacious units. Activities all on one level, but all on lowest level of building. Costs aren't bad, include a number of important things (no phone, electric or cable, however). Larger gardening area, as well as a hothouse (though a little small). Medicaid is accepted for nursing care only. Didn't offer much information about what happens should mom outlive savings. Contacted office for more information on this but have not heard back.