CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village - Coppell, TX

Wonderful staff

This is a very nice facility. It is always clean and well maintained. The staff here is wonderful and they are very competent at what they do. There are plenty of activities for the Seniors and the food is also good.

Extremely Happy

We are extremely happy with it. The first time we visited my loved one immediately wanted to live there and after we researched a little more, it was by far the best option. All the people who live there are really happy and the staff is extremely nice, and genuinely so.

I feel safe, well fed and secure. Enjoy the laundry service which is well planned and executed

After one month ar Christus St. Joseph Village at Coppell, TX, I can say that I am very glad to be here.

In my view this is a well managed operation; It's staff is well
organized, it is extremely clean and, the Caregivers, are sincere and are very friendly, yet thorough.

Ample Activities and amenities are provided, although with announcements and postings.

The feeling of security surrounds you - from the gated property and secure inner entrance, I sleep well at
night.

I am INDEED glad to be here.

My Mom loves it there! That's all I need!

We have been extremely pleased with Christus St. Joseph. All of the staff have been extremely kind and helpful. The facility is kept very clean and never smells bad. My mother is very happy there. She likes the food, the other residents, the staff, the activities. Most of all, she loves being so close to the chapel. She has enjoyed going to daily mass and reconciliation. She was even invited to join the choir. We went to the Christmas family dinner last week and it was beautifully done. The food and the atmosphere were excellent. We had a very nice time! Thank you for all you are doing!

My Mom loves it there! That's all I need!

Very nice place

My Mom lived at this facility and we were very pleased with it. Would definitely recommend it.

Christus is nice I suppose, if you can get in. They seldom have space available. I don't know why, because their pricing doesn't seem much different than other facilities. The hallways seemed dark and narrow. Their "library" was a joke. I've known private homes with more books and tapes available. The "computer access" is one terminal. The lap pool seemed nice if a little short, but it is intended more for water aerobics and such rather than actual swimming. The pool had a lift for those of us that are less than agile, but the hot tub did not and that could be dangerous if you get a little "rubber-legged" after a good soak. The menu looked good and varied, but I was not able to sample the food during my visit. If you are looking for "assisted living" you MUST have a recommendation from a doctor. This is a gated community, but just try to get out. The egress code given me didn't work and the fire truck summoned for an emergency couldn't get out readily either!

Blessed to Have Christus St. Joseph's

Mom and Dad have been at Christus St Joseph's for 3 years and have had their needs met as they changed. The staff is helpful, loving, caring, and accomodating. As for medical assistance, when either of them have had an issue that required a hospital visit, they were on top of it. My siblings and myself are very confident that they are being taken care of by professionals who know and understand the needs of elderly people better than any of us. The chapel is an added bonus with daily Mass offered for anyone who wants it. That was important to our parents.

Mom loved the atmosphere

My mother lived at St. Joseph Village for 3 years. She would have enjoyed staying there, but the Assisted Living wing provides minimal care, and she needed more personal care in her last years.

This is a great place for those who are able to live independently. There are several different choices in floor plans, and daily dinner in the dining room is a highlight for residents and their loved ones who visit. Family who are not local are able to stay with residents in their apartments if they wish.

We children always felt our mother was living in a resort. The cottages and apartments are so much better than living alone in a house when home maintenenace and transportation become difficult.

The facility was really nic...

The facility was really nice and seemed like a great place for my mom. We liked the size of the apartments, the chapel, and the amenities that are provided.

CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village, located in Coppell, Texas, is a faith based, not-for-profit retirement community.

The community is a part of CHRISTUS Health, a Catholic faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of more than 40 hospitals. Inpatient and long-term care facilities can be found in more than 60 cities in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Missouri, Georgia, and Mexico.

Together with CHRISTUS Health, St. Joseph Village provides an ideal balance of practical and financial benefits, and supports spiritual enrichment and development. Our foundation in the Catholic faith reflects the spirit and character of our open and warm community and our dedication to extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, which is why we welcome people of all faiths and interests.

No matter whether you’re active and outgoing, or more quiet and reserved, when you live at CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village you’ll enjoy being a part of a community characterized by friendly faces and traditional values. Conveniently located in Coppell, Texas, CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village is just minutes from D/FW Airport, I35, and both tollways. Our Residents have access to the best shopping, entertainment, and medical facilities of Dallas.

Whether you choose one of our private cottages or spacious apartments, you’ll appreciate priority access to our Assisted Living apartments, if ever needed.

Everyone who lives here is close to a wide range of services and amenities designed to keep you at your best both today and tomorrow. Like indoor and outdoor maintenance, which gives you more time to spend doing the things you love and less time to worry about things like yard work. Also, our Award Winning Activity, Wellness and Life Enrichment Programs provide ample opportunities to socialize and participate in a healthy lifestyle.

Get to know CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village and see how wonderful retirement can be in a surprisingly affordable retirement community. You’ll discover a lifestyle that’s rewarding and complete.

Nestled in a small corner of Dallas County is Coppell, Texas. This town has a population of 40,820 and is known for its small-town atmosphere, rich history, good quality of life, safe neighborhoods, unique shopping and fantastic parks. Coppell is located about five miles from the Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and surrounding highways make this modest town easily accessible to the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex.

City Information

- Walkability score: Zip code 75019 has a score of 32, requiring a car for most errands

- Average age: Median age is 38.2. Approximately 23.26 percent of the population is 55 years of age and older

- Senior housing facilities in Coppell: There is one senior assisted living facility in Coppell zip code of 76019, Christus St Joseph Village

- Average weather information: Coppell has a humid subtropical climate with an annual average high temperature of 76 degrees and a yearly low of 55 degrees. The average precipitation is about 34 inches and average snowfall is around three inches in this region.

Transportation

Public transportation in the town of Coppell is not in abundance. DART Cotton Belt Rail Line Project is the rail and bus system that runs in surrounding areas. Coppell is in the process of trying to bring this method of transportation into Coppell.
- Taxi Services: Star taxi service and Ali Taxi Service

Health and Safety

Hospitals and medical care facilities are a short four to six miles away in the towns of Irving, Grapevine, and Lewisville. Crime rates within the city also play a significant role in the quality of life. Coppell is known for having safe neighborhoods.

- Hospitals in the area: Baylor Health Center at Irving Coppell and Medical City Lewisville
- Crime in Coppell: City-Data has Coppell rated as a low crime area.

Sports and Leisure

Coppell strives to be one of the healthiest places to live, winning awards for meeting this goal. Sports, exercise and of course fun time rest is vital for the health and well-being of all ages.

- Golf courses: Riverchase Golf Club

- Tennis courts/clubs: Wagon Wheel Tennis Center

- Gyms: Texas Family Fitness and The Core which is a community fitness facility

- Senior and Community Centers: Coppell Senior and Community Center is a recreation center for those 50 years of age or older with programs designed to meet the needs of the seniors keeping them active and socially engaged.

- Volunteering: Coppell Community Garden is a volunteer-run garden that helps to feed the hungry in the Coppell Area. Volunteers can offer their cultivating experience or learn from others.

Shopping and Entertainment

Old Town Coppell is at the roots of this historical community; the original time square is a bustling walkable area lined with an array of unique shops and dining adventures, it's the home of the Coppell Farmers Market. The square is a fun place to spend time with friends and family. Coppell is home to about 115 restaurants, bars and coffee shops.

- Clothes Shopping: The Ivy Cottage, Let It Shine, Speedy K-Mart, Bloom Embro

- Grocery stores: Kroger and Tom Thumb

- Restaurants: Ole's Tex Mex, Marcos Pizza, Good Morning Donuts, Kasa Kolache Bakery & Cafe

- Theaters: Theatre Coppell and Cinemark 15 in Vista Ridge Mall

- Libraries: Cozby Library and Community Commons

- Attractions: Coppell Community Gardens, Duck Pond Park, Old Town Coppell, Coppell Nature Park

- Events: Coppell has several annual community events such as Kaleidoscope-A Celebration of Cultures, Fall Frolic Festival, Scare in the Square, Eggstravaganza, Music in the Plaza, and Coppell Parade Down Parkway

Religious Facilities

As Coppell's goal of healthy living focuses on eating healthy and exercise, spiritual well being is also a part of a healthy life. Coppell is home to many places of worship, catering to different beliefs and denominations.

- Religious Facilities: GracePoint Church, St. Ann Catholic Parrish, Valley Ranch Baptist Church, Riverside Church of Christ Coppell, First United Methodist Church