Lexington Square of Elmhurst a CCRC - Elmhurst, IL

Very disappointed in medical care

Very disappointed in theedocal care at Lexington of Elmhurst. My mother was admitted and waited over 3 weeks to see a doctor upon her admission. Then, despite requesting and being assured that she would receive podiatric care in February, the podiatrist did not see her in February or in April. She developed several pressure sores on one of her feett necessitating an ER visit and her doctor, [Removed] to honor an appointment to see her. He came to the facility, saw two other patients and left. He was contacted by the staff and refused to come to see her for another 3.5 weeks. The ER physician recommended wound care as well as 2 systemic antibiotics after debriding the wounds. My sister went to Lexington to meet the wound care provider from the Lexington system at 8 am who never showed up. She complained to the management after waiting for 1.5 hrs for the wound care provider.. The director finally arranged for another service to provide the wound care. Ridiculous medical care for $6100.00/month.

Mom is In Good Hands Here

This is a nice community, and my mother is doing well with her move here. I know she is safe, and in good hands at this facility. They have a good staff. They have been great with quickly responding to my concerns. There are activities offered for the residents. She is pleased with the meals for the most part. So far this community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

Great Place, Outstanding Staff

My dad loved it here. He had a roomy 2 bedroom unit. The staff are outstanding. Lots of activities, never a dull moment. He looked forward to the dances, and trips. There was even a woodworking shop for him. When dad needed help the staff was quick to respond to his every need. What a comfort to me knowing dad would get help if he needed it. When dad got sick they brought meals to his room, and checked on him throught out the day. Whenever he needed assistace, the staff was right there to help. I highly recommed Lexington Square, Elmhurst.

My second choice. I like the Lombard site better than the ELmhurst though.

so welcoming

Everyone is so welcoming at Lexington Square of Elmhurst. The staff has really helped mom adjust. My mom has had several emergencies at night and the nurses have been so quick to help. I cannot say enough good things about this place!

First 2 months at Lexington Square of Elmhurst

I held off writing a review of Lexington Square in Elmhurst until my mother was there for more than 2 months. Most importantly my mother likes being at Lexington Square. Her apartment is nice sized and was nearly totally remodeled for her. Unfortunately due to an injury, she has not yet participated in the many activities that Lexington offers, but this is coming. The residents are friendly and she is starting to make friends.

Our family is impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and with the general attitude of both the residents and staff. In riding the elevators, we’ve had nice conversations with residents and staff. We’ve not experienced any grumpy people. Rather as my mother has found, we also find the resident’s very friendly and willing to talk. I’ve asked a number of residents how they like Lexington and all have been positive. I’ve been in my mother’s room when maintenance people come in and they want to help. We just rented one of the guest rooms. My mother and I both thought that it was nice. So bottom line after 2+ months in Lexington Square, both my mother and the family are quite happy with the choice of Lexington.

Review of Lexington Square of Elmhurst - Elmhurst , IL

When my son, who lives in Elmhurst, strongly advised me to move to Lexington, I was reluctant. I am sorry that I didn't move here sooner. The staff has been very accommodating in assisting with the transition.

I was pleasantly pleased with the dining room staff, food, and these services, I especially enjoy the activities the Enrichment staff have planned.

The current residents are very welcoming and I've made many new friends.

There is an entrance fee of...

There is an entrance fee of $150,000 to join community, they do not take social security

Lexington Square of Elmhurst is a life care community with independent and assisted living homes. Choose from our 14 apartment-styles for your private apartment home. But the common areas and surrounding community are what makes life fun and energizing. Fine dining rooms, Market Café, Club Room, Caribbean-style pool, access to public walking and biking trails are all part of our Elmhurst community. Nearby is the gorgeous Oak Brook Mall (where you can shop and dine all day long), Drury Lane (for popular shows and musicals) and several major highways heading in every direction. Elmhurst Hospital is just minutes away.

What else is part of life here?

Transportation to appointments
Outings to interesting places in and around Chicago
Optional Personal Care for assistance in your own apartment if you prefer not to go to our Assisted Living area
LexGuard, our proprietary health monitoring system, is part of every assisted living resident package and is optional to residents living independently.

The “Best Practice” program, “Best Friends,” creates lasting relationships quickly regardless which area you chose to live in.