Columbine Chateau Assisted Living - Pueblo West, CO

All inclusive, medication dispensing, dressing, showering help.
[name removed]

The facilities were clean and looked comfortable for the residents. in both buildings the residents were watching the television. The staff seems to be engaged with the residents, and there is a activities schedule posted. Not sure if this is going to be what my wife needs at this time though.

Not Pleased but Not Completely Displeased

This facility is like many others they do the best they can to provide good care in a safe environment. The staff is friendly enough however they need to work on following through with promises of doing things. The housekeeping is ok however some of the furniture needs to be replaced due to the odor of urine that is there. The food is good. Overall the facility is adequate but there is definitely room for improvement in areas.

Would Not Recommend

We feel that we were informed with misleading information from the community and the people there. In their brochures they state that they take the residents out to the casino and they have yet to do that with my mother and she has been there one month. We are not very happy with that because this is causing her to be more depressed and wanting to move back home the only good thing that as happen so far is the fact she has made 2 new friends. I would not recommend this community.

fabulous

Columbine Chateau II is absolutely fabulous. We love them. My mom seems to be doing very well there. In fact she is improving even beyond expectations. I will be flying out the day after Thanksgiving to actually see it and will know more then. I am very happy with this facility so far.

major medical problems

I have had major medical problems at Columbine Chateau II. [removed] If I have another problem I will take her out of there. They have no medical plan set up. The staff should have called me. I will say the staff are trying to make sure nothing like this happens again. They are being very nice about resolving the whole issue. The facility itself is beautiful. The staff are very friendly and I am really hoping it works out here.

Not a place for Mom (or Dad)

Columbine Chateau might have started out being good but I would beware of putting your dependent loved ones here. There is practically no communication between the Owner & Managers to their staff. Clients are [removed] by no use of transfer belts because the owner "doesn't like them." This despite oral & written requests to do this with my relative. [removed] Nurses aides had to be told by family again & again how to safely manage diet & safety issues. Also, staff asked me what paperwork to do in different situations. Food is marginal at best & not enough. The owner presented herself as a "hands on" manager but was hardly at the facility &, when she was, she was in her office doing paperwork. [removed] Shame on a facility who takes advantage of families who are in need. Go somewhere else. [removed]

Impressions after five months.

My sister is well taken care of. The attendants seem to like their job and are attentive to her needs.
We were a little disappointed in the lack of regular scheduled activities. This has improved somewhat over time.
The staff has been responsive to our requests.
My sister is content and that means a lot to us.

Initially, my sister was private pay and the cost was a bit high. She will soon be eligible for government assistance .

I'm Satisfied With Them

I've never had experience with any other places but I think they're trying their best to deal with my mom and take care of her. The place is very clean and they're friendly. I'm satisfied with the value of it because I'm able to rest a bit easier with her there. The care is fine and they have activities. They do a bunch of different stuff. I know they take them out to the park a lot and do different activities there in the house too.

This place is shared rooms....

This place is shared rooms. Nice place, but the roommate was a smoker. No way

Columbine Château II is a small Assisted living facility that is more like a home rather than a facility. We offer more one on one care that is individualized to each family member. We offer frequent out of home activities along with many in home activities. We provide transportation for personal shopping and doctor appointments.