Brookdale El Camino - Pueblo, CO

Brookdale El Camino - Pueblo, CO has yet not published prices.

I toured this community

I toured this community and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It seemed to be nice and clean. It was just very big. The room I saw was really nice.It just felt like a nursing home not an assisted living place. I recommend families tour as many places before making a choice.

A Very Good Impression

We toured this facility for my sister who will have to move to assisted living.
a) We were greeted by the Sales Manager who explained about their facility, services and operation. One thing that was interest to me was they had a doctor that supports their operation and we could add my sister to his list of patients.
b) Another thing of interest was that as one’s abilities deteriorate they can add services up to and including hospice care.
c) The Sales Manager answered all of our questions, some of which were from the checklist a Place for Mom sent me as well as some questions I had. All questions were answered on the spot. There was no, “I will have to get back with you later” responses.
d) The Sales Manager then took us on a tour of the facility showing the common areas, dining room and outside area. As we walked around she introduced us to various staff members that were working. She made a point to ask each one how long they had worked there. We met one who had been there 18 years. Others had been there a number of years. No one was a recent hire.
e) The Sales Manager then showed us the available studio apartment. It was in the process of being readied for a new resident. Even then it was in great shape.
f) As we walked around she acknowledged the various residents that we saw while touring. They all knew her and carried on a short conversation.
g) The Sales Manager introduced us to the executive director. who spent some time asking questions about my sister and what we were looking for. She was also very familiar with the current facility that my sister is at because she had a friend that resided there in the past.
h) Our tour took longer than scheduled but there never seemed to be a rush on getting us out of there.
i) We were very impressed with the facility and staff.

We were impressed enough that we will be moving my sister to this

Brookdale Assisted Living in Pueblo. The Best Staff in the Business

we moved our mother into this facility in January, 2017. She was not happy about the move. She had spent almost 6 weeks in Life Care for physical therapy etc. I knew I did not want to keep her there for many reasons, expense etc. I knew the director of Brookdale, plus the nursing director personally, so that was a plus. My mom fought me most of the way, but agreed to a 2 month respite stay, so that's where we started. Mom had some medical issues, but for the most part, she was very independent and didn't want anyone to help her expect with dinning. Food was excellent. Anyway, she was bound determined to get out of Brookdale after the 2 month respite program. Well about 5 weeks into the stay, she called me and stated this is where she wanted to be and loved it. I thanked God that same day. As time went on, she got more comfortable and feel in love with all the staff and they fell in love with her. The one thing at the beginning was I did not want to move mom again if her needs went up, that was the one thing that [Removed] and [Removed] assured me would not happen and it didn't. There are to many people on the staff that were absolutely outstanding to name. But a few are [Removed], all 3 [Removed], and the list goes on and on. Mom passed away on July 12 from stage 4 Cancer that was not discovered until first week of May. Brookdale stepped up the care level with the help of Suncrest Hospice. I made many friends of staff and residents and even though mom is now in a better place, I don't plan on being a stranger to this facility. Sure at times, things were a little crazy, but they always made sure things got done when asked. I only wish mom could have lived out a much longer life at this facility because she was so happy.

Okay but could improve some things...

I want to thank A Place for Mom for all of their help in finding this community. Things are going well but they could improve some things.I paid them for the days of January and February then the following month I get a bill and it shows I haven't paid. I went in because the bill was higher than the agreed upon amount. I bought her a remote for her TV and they still haven't programmed it. The people are nice and but they could be more attentive. They are concerned with her happiness and I feel comfortable with her being there. She really likes the food. She feels like a queen because the food looks and tastes nice. I chose Brookedale because it was close to me and affordable for the services they offered.

Best in Pueblo!

Moving my MIL from Lifecare to here was the best thing we could have done. Same services, better care, food, surroundings, activities. Not even close in comparisons!
Saving close $3K/mo as well.

Such a Wonderful Place!

I had the pleasure of spending four nights with my Father at Brookdale. My Father would become quite anxious at night which created much more attention from the staff than typical. ALL of the staff treated my Father with such care and compassion. They made him feel as though he was the most important person in their lives and not a problem at all. I can't say enough about how dedicated and committed everyone at Brookdale is to their residents. Plus, they have great Huevos Rancheros for breakfast every Monday! :-)

Brookdale and the staff especially Ashley are the BEST!

There are not enough kind words I can use to describe this place and the people who work there. Let's start with Ashley. She is the marketing person, but is NOT pushy at all and in fact went out of her way to help my sisters and me with the immediate care of my Daddy. When is wife no longer wanted him at HIS home, he was placed in a nursing home of all places. It smelled and was depressing and just awful. Craig from A Place for Mom directed us to Brookdale and Ashley called us from her home on a Saturday night to assess our needs. They came out the next week and evaluated my father and with a day or two he was moved into their amazing facility. While there, my Daddy was treated with such dignity and care. Kim, the activity leader has a smile and a hug that you just can't get enough of. All of the caregivers were awesome. Unfortunately my Daddy's care requires a memory care facility, so we did have to move him from Brookdale just last week, but wished he could have stayed. They offered him a wonderful respite place and I will be forever eternally grateful to Ashley and her staff. Oh yea, and Janella, the executive director is a real gem too and treated us like her own family. All in all a very positive experience during a very trying time to say the least.

Brookdale Pueblo Assited Living

Brookdale Pueblo Colorado - they are a great staff of people. I originally reached out to Ashley - she is the face of Brookdale and does a fantastic job. She is very professional but more than that caring. She personally made calls to our family when our mother was in hospital (before we were even in Brookdale) came to visit her and always provided support. She is one of the main reasons we picked Brookdale Pueblo for our mother. She is a real Gem!
The assisted living home runs like a well managed home and we always have access to the Director or Nurses. Janella the Director, is accessible and follows up in a timely manner. Our mother needs extra care that they provide- other places do not. The Assited living residence looks and smells like a home. Great Place and people

Great place, would recommend

I moved my Dad, Ray in about 2 months ago. If I could afford it, I would live here. The staff is amazing! They are attentive, compassionate, capable, thoughtful, kind and caring. I only know a few by name, but Ashley, Janella, and Kim are wonderful. They care and I don't worry about leaving dad in their care. Activities are good and plentiful. Bus trips to Sand Dunes, Cripple Creek, etc. are frequent. Dad had a great time. There are daily exercise classes which I like. They make an effort to make sure he is informed as to activities, etc. While they can't make him do things, they seem fairly persuasive as he has been participating. Rooms are clean, public areas are clean and well presented. Laundry service is weekly and included. They make the bed and empty trash daily. Like staying in a nice hotel. Everyone would rather be in their own home, but if that's not possible this would be an excellent choice. My dad has blossomed just being around people his own age, rather than all alone and depressed. He seems quite happy and content. Thank you ladies for all you do, you're the best!

Very supportive staff

I have felt very supported in the staff in helping my mother with a difficult transition. They have all been very helpful. Even the people who answer the phone. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. This was the only facility that would allow mother to keep her pet and have skilled nursing care. I really appreciate that. That was a deal breaker for her. I wish all future facilities will allow this.

i would recommend they keep my father in law very very busy they have lots and lots of things for him to do there i rate the over all as a 5 star i think its nice there i rated the cleanliness a 5 star rating as well the staff is very friendly and helpful i rated the friendliness a 4 star

Nice place, a few areas they could improve in

I think they do a good job overall at Wynwood of Pueblo, although there are a few areas they could stand to improve in. The care staff here are all very friendly and very nice, and they keep the community looking clean and well kept. They did seem to have a problem when it came to communicating details to the family. I could never get a straight answer about when laundry day was, for example. I also think they should have been more communicative with us about our loved one's condition, often we wouldn't learn she had taken a turn for the worse until we visited and saw for ourselves. But overall it is a nice place and I think they take good care of the people who live here.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

She says she is in what she calls a good place.

So far so good. She seems content there and feels that she made a good decision. We don't have any major concerns at all. It's a clean place and the staff is friendly. She says she is in what she calls a good place.

Great place

I like the activities offered. The staff is friendly. The food is great and it always looks clean.

Good fit for Dad

My Dad lives at the Wynwood. He moved in there over a year ago after mom passed away. We had visited all of the other assisted living places in Pueblo and found this was the best fit for us. It has been such a good place for him. I get down to visit about every other week or so. Some of my family lives in Pueblo. So he has family in and out almost every day.
Everyone is very friendly to the visitors. We have eaten meals there with Dad and the food is good and the people waiting on the clients are very helpful. We have even used a separate room when there is a big bunch of us. And once we had a picnic on the back patio.
Dad loves the music performances. He has even asked for special songs from some of them and they try to learn it for the next time if they don't know it already.
I wish Dad would join in on more of the activities but he does the things he likes and enjoys.
I feel very comfortable leaving him.

Great for dad.

My dad moved into facility not long after my mother has passed away. It has been great for him to have people to talk to and has developed friendship with a lot of the residents and many of the staff. everytime we go up to see him the staff is extremely friendly and they go out of their way to facilitate visitors he has a very large family.and it's been hard for him and his mom passed away and accessibility has provided him with friendships and companionships that he would not get if he tried to live at home. They have also been wonderful helping him with his health issues.

not a great experience...

When I talk to the supervisor, she is really receptive to my feedback, which I do appreciate and commend.

It seems like things I have told him to do (such as make sure he is clothed properly for the weather, has toilet paper, etc.) they do not do well. Many of which are things that I feel they should be doing without me having to say anything. Their response is "we don't want to force our residents to do anything" but then my dad says no to everything. No to a shower, no to a coat when it's cold outside, etc. I understand they can't force him, but they should know how to better care and encourage residents with dementia to do what they need to do.

not good care

I have nothing but good things to say about the people that own and run the place. The nurse there, however, is not good at all. Dad has chronic low blood pressure. I gave them all the information from his doctor and background about his meds and the situation. Due to his blood pressure not being what it needs to be, he recently went a full weekend without sleep. Given the situation, I should have been informed of the situation immediately and he should have gone to the hospital. The meds were administered recently at a time when his symptoms would suggest that they should have contacted a doctor, but the administered it first anyway. I am not comfortable with the care my dad is receiving, so I am moving him to another facility. For the money I am paying I expect much better. That nurse really needs to go!

Not a good fit...

I moved her in there at Brookdale’s recommendation and two months later they said she wasn’t suitable. They were very nice and were very considerate. I think they have too many residents for the caregivers they had. The day-to-day caregivers were a little snotty. The community is more business like.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Brookdale El Camino is an assisted living community in Pueblo, Colorado in Pueblo County. Pueblo is a thriving city known for its steel production and its low cost of living. Pueblo is home to the historic Arkansas Riverwalk, the Steelworks Museum of Industry and Culture as well as the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. Residents enjoy our community's ideal location near Regency Ridge Park, Lake Pueblo State Park and local shopping, dining and attractions.

At Brookdale El Camino, our residents receive high-quality care services in a home-like environment, while our dedicated staff handles all the chores of daily living and home maintenance. We value independence and individuality, respecting privacy, but also encouraging residents to be an active part of our energenic community life.

We work closely with residents and their families to create a personal care plan that addresses the unique needs of each resident. Care plans are regularly reviewed and updated as needs change over time. Our exceptional care services and resort-like amenities include:

Chef-prepared meals served three times a day
Personal laundry and housekeeping services
Pet-friendly accommodations
Gardening areas with raised beds
Life-enriching activities and social events