Colonial Oaks Living Center - Metairie, LA

Colonial Oaks Living Center - Metairie, LA has yet not published prices.

• Respiratory Therapist
  • Behavioral Psychiatrist Available
  • 24 hour care

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Any concerns I have had, they address them. They are all very nice to my mother. I like the facility, and they strive to get her up and moving. They have therapy for her every day. The aides get her up to go to the bathroom and get her knowledge. They watch her closely so that she does not lose weight. The therapists are nice, and they seem knowledgeable. I like the nurses. The staff is very friendly. It is clean and nice. They try to find food she likes. They schedule the meetings, and her nurses and aides tell us how she is doing when we are there.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We are happy with it. It's clean. They are nice and do a good job. The staff is helpful and informative.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's been good. The therapists work very hard with my loved one. The nurses are very quick to come and to pay attention to what he needs. He gets very good care. They keep him very clean, and they are very nice and talk to him and work with him. They keep it really clean, but some of the equipment is old and worn and needs to be replaced. The rooms, halls, and bedding are all clean and done well. The food is excellent. The other residents say it is very good, too. They serve a very good variety of things. The communication is really good. They have called when they have had concerns.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everyone has been very friendly here, particularly the social worker, who has been very helpful throughout the process, and the person in charge of admissions, who is also a big help.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nursing is good. They are pretty positive and helpful. It is clean. I am very satisfied with that. My loved one really likes the food and is eating it. There is no communication about her care. I don't know anything about her progression or the therapy. Her room has only a bed and no room for anyone else. It is very small, so there are no chairs. When I visit, I sit in her wheelchair.

Michele Varon

As far as communication, we have a 72 hour care plan meeting and 14 day care plan meeting to address all concerns and questions with the responsible party. If you feel you need additional meetings, please let the Director of Therapy know and we will set something up. I am not sure which room you are talking about with 1 bed and no room. All of our private rooms are very big with plenty of room for wheelchairs, etc. Each private room has a desk and a recliner in it as well.

Review of Colonial Gardens Fort Worth

The therapy is good. I like some of the nurses. My loved one wants a private room. She does not like the meals. The staff does not help quickly.

Michele Varon

We are always willing to accommodate if a private room becomes available. As far as the meals, we do follow the diet that was in the doctors orders and we do have an alternate meal that can be requested as well. Staff does have several they are helping and work hard to get to each resident as quickly as possible.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They seem to be very organized. Within a couple of days, I met everyone. It is one of the cleanest facilities I have been in. The food smells good, and the patients seem happy there with the meals.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The therapy was very good. The nurses were pretty good. A few things could have been better. Some of the aides could use more compassion. There were a couple of incidents, but otherwise, they were attentive and polite and the response time was good. The bathroom was shared, and sometimes I would go in and see paper towels on the floor. The food was bland, but some days she liked it. She would ask why they were doing things, and sometimes they would tell her and sometimes not.

Things were good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is good. They are friendly and nice. The food is good. They have communicated what I have asked. It is clean. The common rooms are nice, but when they redid the facility, they did not do the patient rooms. My loved one's bathroom is not wheelchair accessible. They can't get her into the bathroom, so they tell her to mess her pants, and that is embarrassing for her.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. All bathrooms are for standard wheelchairs so I am not sure if your family member has a larger wheelchair needed which could be the case. As far as telling the resident to use the diaper instead of helping them to the bathroom will be addressed. We take pride in making sure everyone has their dignity while staying with us. Please let the head nurse know if this happens again.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It was nice to see my mother up and out of bed. I am very excited to have the care plan meeting. The weekend seems to have a more skeletal staff present. When I mentioned my mother's condition to the nurse, her response was "well, I've never heard of that." I feel as though she probably should not have said this.

Michele Varon

You are correct in that the nurse’s response should have been differently. We will be addressing the staff. As far as staffing on the weekends, we are above the state requirements to care for the residents so it may have seemed skeletal to you but we do have staff that rotate and help both in the short term unit and long term care so I assure you we were staffed properly.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The therapists seem nice and explain what they are doing. The nurses seem to be very attentive. The staff is very friendly and polite and has my mom's best interests at heart. It is very clean and well-kept. The food looks excellent and smells good. The quality seems to be good. They haven't told me anything, but I ask questions. They do answer the questions.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We do set up with the responsible party a meeting after 72 hours and a 14 day meeting to address all needs. If you feel you need a meeting in between, please let the Director of Therapy know so we can meet to address all of your questions.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses have been great. I like the LPN who works the night shift who is very caring. It is extremely clean. The meals are good and he likes them. They eat all their food there. They are communicating, but they are not hearing me in the PT department. I am not very happy with it right now. The PT goals are not taking into consideration his condition. They are not addressing his needs.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. I would suggest talking directly with the Director of Therapy to address your concerns. Please note that we follow the orders from the hospital along with the in house assessment of the patient. If you feel there are other issues to be addressed, please make sure to speak to Kelli.

It was very good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I am very pleased. They seem to be doing a good job there. They have good nurses, and they want to care for my loved one. She was able to take a step today. She is moving right along. She is progressing. I like all of the nurses. Every one has been very nice. I am very impressed with the facility, and it is very clean. My loved one is doing well with the meals. She wants more meat. I talk to the nurse and get information.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The service and the people are very accommodating. The staff is very nice and helpful. They are very sweet and they do what we ask.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The people are friendly and everything is good. I like all of the staff. My loved one has always complained about the meals.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It has been pretty good. The social worker is extremely efficient. The therapists are doing well. They work my loved one well. The staff is courteous.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I am satisfied with their communication at this point.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The facility has improved, and it is very nice. The care is excellent. The therapists are doing well for my loved one. She is eating all of the meals, and she is a picky eater. The staff is all very accommodating. We got a call from the nurse practitioner.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses are good with my dad, and they address my concerns. I am very impressed with this place. They keep the place up, and there is no bad smell. It is immaculate. My dad seems to think the therapists are pretty good. The aides really work with him. The staff is very nice. The dining room looks really great, and the food looks good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I have had no complaints. My loved one really likes the food. Everyone has been very helpful, kind, and pleasant, but he is awakened by noises in the hallway.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

In general, everything is good. They serve the same meal for every patient. I am still waiting to communicate more with the doctor.

Michele Varon

We serve the same meals unless there is an order for a specific diet that we have to follow. As far as commucation, the nurse praticitioner rounds every day and is the one who follows the patient primarily.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses seem nice and attentive. The food looks okay. My loved one says there are no machines in the therapy room to work out. I think there should be. She has a shared small room, so it's tight. There's not a phone in the room.

Michele Varon

Skilled nursing rehab is different from in patient rehab and we don’t have machines for rehab. We have an excellent therapy team with a great track record to get patient’s home and stronger.We don’t provide phones because most patients have cell phones that they use. I am sorry if you were not happy with the room. You can always request a change if there is availability to move to another room.

Things are mostly fine.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They had some nurses that were very good. They did everything they could to help us. Some of the night staff were very rude. The air conditioner did not work properly over the weekend. I found a pill in her bed when she arrived. The therapists were nice. I walked in her room, and all she had on under her robe was a bra and a diaper. She is very modest. There was no communication unless I went there to see her.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. I believe we have addressed all of your concerns from our phone conversation and have monitored the issues since.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They have been most helpful, and everyone is very nice to my mom. We are pleased. Other family members have been there and this place has been on the top of the list. She thoroughly likes everyone. I am pleased with the cleanliness. I have never experienced a foul odor there. The food is much better than the hospital. The communication is fine, and they have kept up with being with her and keeping us informed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

There was a lot of good communication on the move-in. They are courteous and friendly when I am there. They are very good at informing me.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My loved one was very happy there. It seemed to be very clean.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My loved one liked the nurses. I think they need to hire some more nursing assistants. They need more variety of meals.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. At this time, we staff our facility well above the state’s requirements. There are alternative meals if the resident is not happy with what is being served.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It is an overall good experience so far. My loved one has not complained about anything yet. The therapy is pretty good. Housekeeping is fairly good, though there is some room for improvement in this area. It might be a good idea to incorporate more updates on their end by reaching out to us.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on a new schedule to keep families more informed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The people there seem content. My mother says it is good and she likes it. The staff are always friendly, and they have a lot of nurses and aides. They are helpful and friendly. It is very clean. My mother says the food is good. There has been no communication, and my sister is very dissatisfied with getting no feedback before a scheduled meeting next week. The atmosphere seems crowded and claustrophobic to me. They only have a courtyard to visit.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working on a new schedule to inform families and give them the opportunity to ask questions earlier on and throughout the stay. As far as the atmosphere, it is a smaller place however there is a big TV area to visit with family in the unit along with the courtyard outside and in the front of the building by the fireplace for added privacy.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They had heavy rains and water got in his room. They are working on this issue. I am trying to contact the PT. They have lost some of his clothing in the laundry area.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We will do everything we can to locate the clothing. As far as the rains, that day was extremely heavy rainfalls and we managed to get the situation under control very quickly. No rooms were affected.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

As far as what I can tell, it's good. The people have been really helpful. The place itself is very clean. The meals look great. Everybody has been very good about communicating except the therapists. My mother seems to be at the same point she started. Any time I try to get information on her progress, nobody seems to have the information. I called multiple times and nobody called me back.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We have been informed about everything. They have been helpful and friendly. They have answered all of our questions. We like the director for skilled nursing.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is nice and the place is very clean. Everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing so far. The nurses are nice. My loved one eats almost all of his food. They do call me, and we go there every day to make sure everything is fine.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They gave my loved one very good care and were very attentive. They did all they could do. The nurses were wonderful.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I've been to a lot of these facilities, and this is the cleanest facility I have ever seen. We have been so impressed. It takes a very special person to do what these people do! My mother-in-law actually said this facility's meals remind her of her own cooking. She would also like to make the request to make more of their gumbo! She absolutely loves it.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We came because we thought this was the best facility. The nurses are nice. The meals seem fine.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is good. The speech therapist has a good rapport with my loved one. She is friendly and caring. She helped me with my question. Everyone is helpful. It is clean compared to other places. The food is good. When you have one patient who is not as severe as the other patient in the room, this can be hard. I had a problem today and the social worker did not call me but the administrator helped me.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We always try to accommodate if families want to move rooms however we are limited with the number of beds we have in the unit.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I like all of the staff. Some things are very good and some are not. They stopped my loved one's therapy and just started again, and they need to be more professional about it. They are working on it.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure you have gotten the right information because we don’t stop therapy unless the insurance no longer will be paying or the resident is no longer participating or has reached their base line. We have worked a long time with Premiere Rehab and feel all of their staff is very professional and knowledgeable.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

One of my sisters found it a bit confusing on the first day and had a little bit of trouble finding her way. It seemed the staff was able to help her figure some concerns out by the next day. Maybe there could be a little more direction during the transition period. They come in in the middle of the night to do our loved one's care, such as blood work. They get her up early to get dressed and get therapy. She has trouble sleeping, so this has been a little bit frustrating for her. The dinner is not great. She says a lot of people are not eating it.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on creating a better schedule to speak with families and new residents sooner once they are admitted to answer all questions and concerns with all parties present. As far as the food is concerned, residents always have a choice to get another food option if they don’t like the main meal.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Some of the employees go above and beyond. The therapists are great! This is why we chose this facility. My loved one loves the meals! Overall, it is average. The nurses need to be more attentive. There have been a couple incidents that I should have been informed about and wasn't. I found out through her roommate. When I questioned staff, it was difficult to get answers.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are striving to change our care plan schedule to better inform the families along the way while staying with us.

Review of Colonial Oaks

Everything has been fantastic. It is very nice and clean.

Review of Colonial Oaks

It is a nice setup. It is very clean. The staff have a nice personable relationship with the residents. Therapy is good. My mom has been doing things she wasn't able to do. We see a lot of strides. She loves her whole team, morning or night. They are very informative and professional. They seem to have a lot of knowledge of what is going on. A lot of the staff speak and a lot do not speak. My mom is not pleased with the scrambled eggs. We critique the food.

Review of Colonial Oaks

Everybody is really helpful and caring. I am very pleased with everything! My loved one is pleased with the staff. They are very attentive. When she hits the button, someone comes within a minute. Anything anybody needs, they are there for them. They're amazing! I'm shocked at how much she has improved in the last two days! The CNA's are out of this world. They're working on the meals.

Review of Colonial Oaks

My grandmother is getting good care there. I love it. It is her second time being there. It is very clean. The food is perfect. She loves it. They are perfect at keeping me informed. When she needed help at night, it took a long time to get help in her room. They may be short-staffed.

Michele Varon

Our facility is never short staffed. We always staff ABOVE STATE REQUIREMENTS at all times. It may be a perception you have when our staff is busy tending to the needs of everyone but please know that we are never short on staff to help care for our people.

Review of Colonial Oaks

If my loved one pushes the button, they are there right away to help. It is clean, and they are friendly. They are kind and tell her they love her. She feels safe there, and this makes me happy. We had a little problem with getting her diaper changed, and this is under control. There is maybe some improvement from the rehab. I was concerned about her condition, and they were not giving any answers to us. My sister called the doctor, and then we got a call from the PA. They are slow in giving information.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We do scheduled care plan meetings weekly in order to have all parties present to answer all of your questions at one time and give an update on the resident’s progress. You can always talk with the head nurse who can provide information for you by obtaining the chart if you are the responsible party listed to give out the information to.

Review of Colonial Oaks

My mother liked the food. They did alert me when she went back to the hospital. There were a nurse and an aide I liked. There a couple of things that could have administered better. They were giving my mother her treatments only when asked. Meds were not given correctly. When she pressed the call button, they did not come. They did not help her off of the toilet. Some nurses were excellent and some not. One night I called and said to the nurse that I could not get a hold of my mom. She said she did not have time to help. I called later, and she checked on my mother.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your input. I am not sure what you are referring to as far as treatments go. Our facility receives specific orders for both therapy and medications that we follow upon admission. As far as the staff being unresponsive when calling, we will address that issue. You should always be able to have access to talk to your loved one; however, depending on the time of day you are calling, our staff’s number one priority is to care for the residents and certain times they are more busy than others.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

So far it's very nice. The nursing care is excellent!

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

From what I can see, there has been a very big improvement from the rehab therapy. From what I see, I'm very satisfied. They work hard to make my husband comfortable, and I am grateful for that. The cleanliness is fantastic. There's not even a bad smell. The tables are always set up nice.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They're attentive to the little things. They're taking care of my mother pretty well. I like the fact that the therapists bring her out of her room into the therapy room and don't just work with her in her room. The meals are pretty good. I've spoken with the nurses and a nurse practitioner frequently to stay updated.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Sometimes when my loved one calls, it takes a while for someone to get to her room. The atmosphere of the place is pretty good. Everyone seems happy. At the beginning, I was really concerned because you don't know who's in charge, who to talk to. Other than that, it's been okay. They may be understaffed. The therapy has been great. From what I've seen, the therapists have been nice. The CNAs have been pretty good. I just don't know who to call for information. It seems like everybody is friendly.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your response. We currently are staffed above state requirements. Sometimes our staff is working with several patients at a time and it may take a little wait as we prioritize the requests. If you feel the wait time is not improving, please address it with the STAR unit head nurse.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It has been perfect, no problems. The medical team is good, they answer all of our questions. They attend to my loved one's needs, and are very professional. The evening staff have been very good and attentive. The aides are attentive, and come every time he uses the call button. They are friendly as soon as you walk in the facility. They make you feel like you are walking into a friendly environment. I've never seen trash or debris on the floor. It looks like they clean his room every day. They have a nice clean patio that patients can enjoy. He loves the dining. The only problem is that he likes his food real hot. They make it warm, but not hot enough for him. But the meals are very good. He likes the food much more than the hospital food.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We just found that my mother is not getting the attention she deserves. It can take them a very long time to change her diaper. Most of the staff is friendly. They don't really keep us informed. We have to ask and reach out to them.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We are looking into this matter to improve our individual care. We provide care plan meetings every 7 days to give you updates from all departments but if you have questions please feel free to ask the therapy department or STAR nurse on duty.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I would recommend Colonial Oaks to a friend!

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The place is clean and they keep my husband clean, so that's a good sign. My husband said the food was good. They should just communicate with me more often.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to answer questions anytime. We do set up weekly meetings to give families detailed reports and answer all questions as well. Please do not hesitate to ask at any time though.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's real good. They're doing really well with my sister. They're getting her into bed and changing her. Everybody's really friendly and takes their time with her. It's very clean. She enjoys the meals. They answer my questions when I have them.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I think they're very attentive and doing a good job. Two of the nurses are very, very nice. The majority of the staff are friendly, attentive, and do their job. My mother is perpetually complaining about the food. It's institutional-type food. I understand it's a tough situation with how many residents are being served. They don't call me every day. If I ask, I get some information. The line of communication is not so great. If I approach them, I find out what I want to know. I understand these folks are busy.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We continue to review our menus and adjust accordingly. As far as communication, we don’t call families daily. We set up weekly progress meetings with staff so we can address and answer all of your questions, however, feel free to ask our staff at anytime any questions you have. We want to make sure all of your questions are being addressed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The attention my mother is getting from the nurses is highly responsive and professional. They answer questions without hesitation. The rehab is incredible. My mother has made improvements each day I see her there. The meals are great. I have been in touch with one of the staff, and she quickly answers my phone call and answers questions.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They are very hands-on, and I think that is good. My mother's room is a little warm, so we brought a fan for her. She is hard to please with food.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff has a nice attitude towards helping my wife. The physical therapy could be a bit more rigorous. She has dietary restriction and has been in an out of the hospital, and they have been very helpful and cater towards her dietary needs. I get calls and they are really good with keeping me informed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It wasn't exactly what we thought it would be. My wife is in her room. She didn't get a walker or anything like that, but she's getting service. There's no clocks or phones in the room. We were told they would get us a clock, but they haven't gotten it. There are boards on the wall, but no utensils to write or pin things on the board with. The nurses are all 100%. They are great. The facility is clean, except the shower head is molding. The breakfast is served cold. All the other food is good. If I ask questions, they answer.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We have put clocks in every room now in the STAR unit and addressed that issue. As far as phones go, most people carry cell phones now but you and your family member are always welcome to use the phone at the nurses station. We have looked into the shower head and have addressed the issue of the timing of the meals to come out warmer.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

So far everything seems to be okay. They are working with my mother. In general the aides are pretty good. The staff is a friendly bunch. I have been able to communicate what my mother needs. The cleanliness is surprisingly good. This is the best smelling rehab I have been in. There is no smell. The meals themselves are very basic and not always hot. They are alright. The staff does sit with the patients and encourage them to eat. The one time my mother had an issue, they called me right away.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the timing of the meals to make sure everyone is getting a heated meal.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everything is fine. Their attention to our questions and my husband is good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My mother's sheets got tangled over night. My mother has a hard time keeping liquids down, and I think they have a hard time with caring. In general, I think it is nice. Most everyone seems to be friendly. It is clean and does not smell. My mother complained about what they drink (fruit punch or Kool-Aid). The meals are okay, but she has a hard time keeping them down. They look fine. A staff member I talked to was very nice and informative.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the drinks that are being provided and continue to work to improve with our care.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The physical therapy is not progressing as fast as I thought it would.

Disappointed

My Aunt was in Colonial Oaks only two months. Our entire family was very disappointed in her care. She was having trouble breathing & asked to be taken to the hospital. She was told by a nurse that she wasn’t sick enough to go to the hospital. She called her brother who then called Colonial Oaks & addressed the problem. She was only then taken to the hospital where she was told that she had pneumonia. She stayed in the hospital for (9) days. My Aunt deserves much better care than she was provided. She has recently moved to Sunrise of Metairie. So far things are looking good.

Michele Varon

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We appreciate the feedback and continue to work on improving our care and evaluating our staff efforts.

My husband likes his meals, he really enjoys the food. They are excellent at keeping me informed.

The staff is great, they take good care of my aunt. I know she enjoys the meals, she asks for seconds

I like that it's small. My mom says the food is good.

My dad's only been there a few days, but so far it's been great! He's on a restricted diet, but he says it doesn't taste very good.

Colonial Oaks is conveniently located right next to the hospital, so if he has an appointment they can just wheel my dad right over. The people are wonderful. He is enjoying his stay. The facility is pretty nice. They do good at maintaining it.

All the nurses I refer to as my kids. Therapy is tough because I have a lot of pain, but everything has been going good. The nurse care has been very, very good. When I'm in pain they are there for me, they shower me, and are nice. Everything is clean. When they give me medicines they tell me what it's for.

They are truly trying to help my mother. Therapy isn't going too well because she is in so much pain. Some of the sheets need to be bleached, they have stains on them. I have to ask but they do give me the information regarding to my mother.

The facility gives my husband very good care. The therapists are taking it slow with him right now, because he's very limited. The nursing care is excellent. Someone is there with him always. They are painting the facility right now, so it looks brand new.

My husband is improving with the rehab. I know that they just got him to start walking about 2-3 times a day so he is showing progress. The staff seems to be nice people. The facility is clean. They are good at keeping me informed.

I would like to see the nurses encourage my husband to do more and see him get out of his bed and the wheelchair more. Some things were left in a room from a previous patient, and I have asked them to get them out of the room. The stuff is still in there, and I will be asking them again to get them out, if it is still in there. I have not received any calls from them, and communication from them is not very good. When I'm there I ask questions, and they do answer them.

They treated my loved one good. They treated her like a queen. She played bingo and she really loved it. They got her up every day and they would get her up to be better. The place was clean. They were great at keeping me informed. If I wanted to ask them something, I could ask.

One of the things that I don't like is that access to a telephone is not good, and there are not any phones in the patient rooms. The therapy went well. The food is not very good. It's low quality, not very nutritious, seems like it comes from a can, a lot of processed food, and not very many fruit and veggies. A weekly call would be nice to keep me more informed, or if there are any changes in his progress.

The results of therapy aren't good, but not because of what the therapist is doing, my mother just isn't responsive to it. What they are doing is great. The nurses are very nice. At mealtime, someone brings you a meal and that's is it, and she doesn't like them. At the hospital, they give you an option of what you want the day before and you circle them off.

The residents are really happy, you can tell that they are getting good care. It's a nice, happy place, it's not depressing at all. My loved one has improved with the rehab therapy. The nursing care is good so far. I have noted that I would do my mom's laundry, but every day some of her clothes are missing. They end up finding them, but initially there's always something missing. Everyone is nice and friendly throughout the facility. There is a lot of junk and stuff on the floor, but her room is kept clean. It seems like they eat a lot of sandwiches, every other meal is a sandwich. I went there last night and the aide was helping her eat, it lit up my heart. When I go there I get good information about what's going on.

So far it’s been fine. From what the therapists are telling everything is going well. The nurses are efficient and they respond in timely matter. Something that has been very pleasing is that it’s very clean. I haven't gotten any updates other than physical therapy, but if I ask they do tell me. I haven't talked to the nurses about my loved one’s health.

My dad is getting speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy and he's getting better. The nurses are nice and they give him his medication on time. The lead nurse is a 5/5, she is amazing. I have had to spend 10 minutes at the nurse’s station waiting for someone, though. The social worker is great. The place is very clean and my dad is comfortable. They give him options to choose what he wants to eat. I saw at least five different meals to choose from each day.

The floors need to be waxed occasionally. They look clean, just need to be buffed and waxed. My wife likes the meals. They have not informed me of anything and I am there everyday.

The professional staff at Colonial Oaks Living Center strives to provide quality services through care and dedication. We want each resident to feel like they are at home when they are in our care. We provide home-style meals, cable & wireless internet, skilled nursing care in a private setting, and beauty and barber services to simulate home comforts. Short-term rehab patients and therapy services are provided in a separate STAR unit. Our menu features a variety of nutritious options and we provide snacks throughout the day. We have registered dietitians available to accommodate special diet needs and fulfill physician-ordered therapeutic diets.