Colonial Oaks Living Center - Metairie, LA

Colonial Oaks Living Center - Metairie, LA has yet not published prices.

• Respiratory Therapist
  • Behavioral Psychiatrist Available
  • 24 hour care

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff members have been doing a really good job! My loved one is a little difficult and persistent about stuff that's not important. They really try to go out their way to meet her, even when I'm not there. The therapists make it fun and interesting! She's getting a lot from it. Even if she questions things, she does it. They seem to meet her needs and have her best interests at heart. When I'm there, they are pretty attentive. As soon as they finish what they're doing, they get back with her. I've been there when she's been flustered, and they try to comfort her. It smells really clean! I received a few calls about medicine changes or meetings. They contact me about things I didn't know they would talk to me about!

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is nice and my loved one likes it there. She likes the food. I have not seen it but it seems good. She is eating it all.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everything is alright. My loved one complains about things and that is her. She does not like the food. As far as I know, the staff is good. They take very good care of my wife.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everything is good. My loved one likes the food and everybody is nice. The staff gave a lot of good information and what to expect with an update.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everybody has been very friendly but my mom has mentioned that there is one staff member that has not been friendly. The meals have been average. There is one nurse in particular that has done a great job reaching out to me.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My loved one is showing progress. I would say they are doing a pretty good job. The nursing care is pretty good. She does not like the food.

Review of Colonial Oaks

They are very eager to accommodate you and make sure the resident is happy and content. The nurses are efficient, fast, and my loved one doesn't have to wait a long time. Sometimes there's a slight smell, and they could do something about it. It's not really bothering me, but it's noticeable. She eats most of everything on the menu!

Review of Colonial Oaks

The therapists are pushing her to do what she has to do, and are involved in the process. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They're all good people. Her nurse is very personable and shows she cares. They update us and stay on top of the game. Their cleanliness is why I chose them. It's the cleanest I've seen!

Review of Colonial Oaks

It hasn't been good. My loved one is not happy at all. She's been wanting to go home. She's never had a problem with the rehab therapists! When I'm there, I see everything and the staff was fine. Sometimes they take a little longer to come in and help her. Everyone I've run across and talked to has been very friendly. Except for the one night nurse, the nurses are really good. The night nurse is the reason we don't want to come back. The cleanliness could be better. The floors aren't always clean and swept.

Review of Colonial Oaks

The rehab therapists are good and they are working with my loved one great. They call me every day if anything changes

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They have been very helpful and they call me and are willing to do a conference meeting by phone. They let me know if my loved one is not feeling well or is not participating. It is always clean. The food looks good to me.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's been great. It's nice and everybody is polite. Most of the staff is pretty good. It's always clean. I have never seen a mess. Everybody gathers around the table for meals, and family members can join. I wish they would start therapy during a time when I could go.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I feel very optimistic about the therapy. The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff have really made this a pleasant experience. So far, the communication has gone very well with the facility. Our meeting was good. I made a request for hot tea and I haven't seen it on my loved one's trays yet.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

As far as the whole facility is concerned, I do not have any complaints. The nurses are all wonderful. Each one I have met if I ask a question is always pleasant and smiling. If my mother needs anything, she puts on her call light and someone is there in a matter of seconds. It is spotless and has no odor. My mom says she is definitely satisfied with the meals. I most definitely would recommend the facility to someone. All questions have been answered so far.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's difficult to only get information from the patient.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. In the future, we recommend you go directly to the Director of Rehab to get any updates you feel you aren’t getting in our scheduled meetings already set up.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They really are on top of communicating. They are pretty honest about where she is. The food is amazing! It's like a five-star restaurant. She loves it. She loves the day crew. They get the job done. She is happy with the results she is getting in therapy. Progress is good. The therapists are very communicative. In the day, the nurses are wonderful. The wound care is great. They are very open and very nice. She is unhappy with the evening staff. At night, they are not friendly. Her room is very small. There is no place to sit. The common areas are clean, but when you get in the room, it is so gross.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We will address the night staff attitudes and assess who is working. As far as the rooms go, unfortunately they aren’t as big as we would like but it’s only a short term stay. I am not sure what specifically you felt was “gross” in the rooms as we pride ourselves on cleaning the rooms several times a day so we can’t address it unless we know specifically what the issue is.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's clean. We just had a meeting with them. My loved one says the food is terrible.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We have to follow doctor’s orders when it comes to the diet so resident’s may not like what they have to be served. Your family member can always request an alternative meal if they don’t like what is being served.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Overall, it is good. My mom doesn't like the food. She says it's very bland.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. It could be that we are following doctor’s orders for the diet and some resident’s don’t like those rules and regulations. You are are always welcome to ask for an alternative meal as well.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My mom is pretty happy with the nursing. When there is a meeting, the communication is good, but there is no additional conversation. The attitude of caregivers and response times could improve. They park her in the dining room two hours before breakfast. She was parked in the shower area and the caregiver left and did not say anything. My mom's impression of the therapy is that it is chaos in there and you can't hear the instructions. They are not friendly, except a few nice people. I could walk in there and be invisible.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. At times, we do have several patients in need of therapy and try to get everyone up and ready. Did you request for your family member to perhaps be woken up a little later or have this issue addressed? We will also look into the scheduling of the STAR unit. We will also address the attitudes of the staff. We are sorry that you felt it was not a friendly and warm atmosphere that we strive to achieve on a daily basis.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They did not have enough aides for the amount of people there. They had to wait an enormous amount of time to go the bathroom or be put in bed. They were nice. I would tell them she was not doing well and needed to see the doctor. If I was not monitoring my mom, she would not have been taken care of. They only saw the doctor once a week. They got everyone up at 5 AM to go to therapy all at once, and they sat there so they did not get any rest. The patients looked exhausted. One or two aides were not nice, but the rest were, and some were exceptional. The communication was terrible.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your input. While it may seem like we are understaffed, that is incorrect. We staff above state requirements. At times, some residents require more time and needs so it may seem like they don’t have enough help but we absolutely do. Also in a SNF, the doctor is rarely in the facility and not the one the resident’s typically get seen by. It is the Nurse Practitioners that do all of the rounds in the facility and assess the patients. I am sorry to hear you felt the communication wasn’t well. We try to meet with families to give updates 72 hours after admission and 14 days but you always have the option to reach out to the main staff to ask questions at any time.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They have really good service.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I am very happy so far. My mother is very happy with the nurses and the nurses that I have met have been very nice. It's always clean and the communication is pretty good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I wanted her to go there. I like the cleanliness and the organization. I like the pictures on the wall and the people who care to make it as pleasant as possible. Sometimes she has to wait too long to go to the bathroom. They need to pay attention to the patients' weak points.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everybody has been very, very nice and helpful. The nursing is perfect. Everyone is wonderful. They are very attentive to my husband. The room is very, very nice. I am very pleased that they don't tell my children they can't stay long. They even let them bring the dog, which is really nice. They have a pet day. They offer him good food. Everybody is so cooperative. If I have any questions, they will answer them.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I am very pleased with the place.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They really work my mom and she is happy. The therapy is great. Every day I go there, and they are not trying to rush me out. If you ask the nurses for help, they come. One aide takes care of my mom and gets her ready for bed. Morale is good in there. You can talk to people and it's like a family deal. It's not like you are isolated. It is really clean and never smells. The food is pretty good. The communication is great. I don't have any complaints to say about them.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It is outstanding. The personality ever since we walked in the door has been great. It's really on-time work and they get my uncle snacks. He looks forward to the dessert. They all tell you hello. They are really nice. As soon as I walked into Colonial Oaks, it was "Hi, how are you doing? Can I help you find someone?" They communicate very well.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My mother is eating and it seems nice. The aides I have seen are nice. The staff is friendly.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff members are great. They are helpful and accommodating with questions. We have not had any issues with the therapy. The nurses are good. He says he is rushed sometimes and they are still good. There are no housekeeping issues. The food is good. I had a meeting about his progress and they were all very good, especially the social worker and the head of therapy.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It is good but not perfect. One of the nurses answers my questions and is very thorough. Everybody on the staff communicates well. The cleanliness is satisfactory. The PT is not there on a weekend.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. That is correct. We only provide therapy Monday through Friday and that should have been communicated to you upon admission or prior to coming into the facility.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The caseworker communicated well, but when my loved one was transported from the hospital to there, it was confusing.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff will answer my questions and keep me informed. They do have meals together. It smells fine, but sometimes the room is a little messy. It's also a little cramped. The care depends on what crew is on shift. Some people do what they're supposed to do, and some don't.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It is early right now, but I am optimistic about the therapy. I liked the introductory meeting up front with the goals and the process. The nurses are very attentive. The staff could not be any friendlier. That is excellent. It is very clean and spotless. I have heard from them several times with phone calls and in person. It seems to be more of a team effort, and this is good. All the rooms are double occupancy and it would be nice for her to have her own room.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We actually have a few private rooms and make accommodations if asked. It is based upon availability and occupancy.

It has been good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It seems to be clean. I have been talking to quite a few people. Some of the staff is really helpful and some give the feeling that you are bothering them. My loved one didn't have something to drink on several occasions. They should actually get up and fix it for him.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We will look into making sure everyone is served drinks and that there is water in all of the rooms. Please don’t ever hesitate to ask. You are not bothering anyone. We are there to help you 24/7.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is great. The custodian can't be beat. The floors look like glass. He keeps that place spotless. The meals are okay. When my loved one calls for assistance, they do not come really fast. She isn't getting her medications at the same time every day. They need a little improvement with that.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We work hard to get to the call button lights as quickly as possible but sometimes, it may not be as quickly as resident’s or families may expect. It really depends on what is happening at the time that the call button light comes on. Staff may be serving others, changing clothing or diapers or getting them ready for bed, etc. and may not be able to get to someone until the task is completed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I have recommended it. They seem pretty friendly. The response time is not always great.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. Sometimes our staff may be busy helping others. We try to get to our call buttons as timely as we can.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses are attentive. The staff is very friendly. The nurse called me back and reminded me to bring something. It is immaculate!

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I like it. It is nice and clean. The staff is okay. Sometimes she complains about the food and sometimes not.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They have been helpful with everything. They have taken everything and run with it. They are nice and it is clean. They give good care. One of the night nurses is awesome. When I walk in, they all greet me. I have never seen a place like that so clean. They are 100 percent clean. They called me to set up a meeting regarding her care plan. One person has been wonderful helping with her insurance.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everything is going well. He is very happy here. They contacted me one time about his appointment.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We are very pleased! They are very informational. The nurse on duty noticed something right away regarding his care and has already taken care of it. I was very impressed with this. The communication is excellent.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everybody from the minute we walked in the door have made my mother feel comfortable. They check on her needs. All of the staff are great. It is super clean. The bathrooms and floors are clean. They keep it up. The communication is excellent so far. Several of the staff have gone out of their way. Everybody from the minute we walked in the door have made my mother feel comfortable. They check on her needs. All of the staff are great. It is super clean. The bathrooms and floors are clean. They keep it up. The communication is excellent so far. Several of the staff have gone out of their way.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It is really nice. So far, the nurses look like nice people. The staff is very friendly. All of the food looks good so far. They communicate very well with us. They need to make the lighting better and use all LED and do some painting in the rooms.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We try to touch up paint each month but as I am sure you can imagine, lots of equipment can bang up the facility pretty good. Recently all of the lighting was changed out.

It's going well.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It was a last-minute thing we had to do and their admissions person was great. She helped us with all the paperwork and made us feel great and calmed us. They handled it fine when my mom arrived. It has been a very good experience. The nurses have been very nice. They are handling her well. We requested they move her and they told us it was no problem and they took care of it. It was very nice. The place feels very happy and looks and smells clean. It is very fresh and has no odors like some other places.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The attention and individual care that has been provided to her is great. The knowledge of her condition is extremely helpful. The small amount of therapy has been helpful. The nursing is very good from what I have seen. The Thanksgiving dinner was excellent. Every time I have been there, everyone has been helpful. It is very very clean and well kept.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They are pretty good. My father has been there once before and the same people were there. The nurses are so friendly. The cleaning is fine to me. I have not seen anything out of order. He likes their food. Every time I am there, they communicate well and they let me know what is happening with him.

The experience is good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everybody was very nice and very accommodating. They took care of my mother very well. The food was good. The therapy was really excellent. The staff was all excellent. One aide was excellent at giving her nice baths. They were friendly. They could have been a little more tidy. They needed more improvement on cleaning in the skilled nursing areas. The communication was very good because they alerted me of her struggles. She enjoyed going to rehab. The social worker was excellent and they called me with issues. I would recommend them.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They do not keep scheduled phone calls with the family. They seem to be great at scheduling the calls, but the follow-through is poor, then they call when they have time on their end. They gave her the wrong medication and insisted that she take it. I will say that in some of the hallways they could use some air freshener. There is a poor odor. They have lost her clothes. Comparing it to other facilities in our area, I would recommend it.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry if there was a miscommunication error and we will address that for the future. As far as medication, we follow the orders that come from the doctor and hospital which are documented if you would like to ask for a copy. We feel our home is very clean and mostly smelling fresh and odorless. There are times during shifts where residents are being changed and there could be some odor. As far as the clothing, we will do our best to search for them, but some clothing does come without names and can get misplaced; however, we are willing to reimburse the cost of the lost items if you let us know.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Any concerns I have had, they address them. They are all very nice to my mother. I like the facility, and they strive to get her up and moving. They have therapy for her every day. The aides get her up to go to the bathroom and get her knowledge. They watch her closely so that she does not lose weight. The therapists are nice, and they seem knowledgeable. I like the nurses. The staff is very friendly. It is clean and nice. They try to find food she likes. They schedule the meetings, and her nurses and aides tell us how she is doing when we are there.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We are happy with it. It's clean. They are nice and do a good job. The staff is helpful and informative.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's been good. The therapists work very hard with my loved one. The nurses are very quick to come and to pay attention to what he needs. He gets very good care. They keep him very clean, and they are very nice and talk to him and work with him. They keep it really clean, but some of the equipment is old and worn and needs to be replaced. The rooms, halls, and bedding are all clean and done well. The food is excellent. The other residents say it is very good, too. They serve a very good variety of things. The communication is really good. They have called when they have had concerns.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everyone has been very friendly here, particularly the social worker, who has been very helpful throughout the process, and the person in charge of admissions, who is also a big help.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nursing is good. They are pretty positive and helpful. It is clean. I am very satisfied with that. My loved one really likes the food and is eating it. There is no communication about her care. I don't know anything about her progression or the therapy. Her room has only a bed and no room for anyone else. It is very small, so there are no chairs. When I visit, I sit in her wheelchair.

Michele Varon

As far as communication, we have a 72 hour care plan meeting and 14 day care plan meeting to address all concerns and questions with the responsible party. If you feel you need additional meetings, please let the Director of Therapy know and we will set something up. I am not sure which room you are talking about with 1 bed and no room. All of our private rooms are very big with plenty of room for wheelchairs, etc. Each private room has a desk and a recliner in it as well.

Review of Colonial Gardens Fort Worth

The therapy is good. I like some of the nurses. My loved one wants a private room. She does not like the meals. The staff does not help quickly.

Michele Varon

We are always willing to accommodate if a private room becomes available. As far as the meals, we do follow the diet that was in the doctors orders and we do have an alternate meal that can be requested as well. Staff does have several they are helping and work hard to get to each resident as quickly as possible.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They seem to be very organized. Within a couple of days, I met everyone. It is one of the cleanest facilities I have been in. The food smells good, and the patients seem happy there with the meals.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The therapy was very good. The nurses were pretty good. A few things could have been better. Some of the aides could use more compassion. There were a couple of incidents, but otherwise, they were attentive and polite and the response time was good. The bathroom was shared, and sometimes I would go in and see paper towels on the floor. The food was bland, but some days she liked it. She would ask why they were doing things, and sometimes they would tell her and sometimes not.

Things were good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is good. They are friendly and nice. The food is good. They have communicated what I have asked. It is clean. The common rooms are nice, but when they redid the facility, they did not do the patient rooms. My loved one's bathroom is not wheelchair accessible. They can't get her into the bathroom, so they tell her to mess her pants, and that is embarrassing for her.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. All bathrooms are for standard wheelchairs so I am not sure if your family member has a larger wheelchair needed which could be the case. As far as telling the resident to use the diaper instead of helping them to the bathroom will be addressed. We take pride in making sure everyone has their dignity while staying with us. Please let the head nurse know if this happens again.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It was nice to see my mother up and out of bed. I am very excited to have the care plan meeting. The weekend seems to have a more skeletal staff present. When I mentioned my mother's condition to the nurse, her response was "well, I've never heard of that." I feel as though she probably should not have said this.

Michele Varon

You are correct in that the nurse’s response should have been differently. We will be addressing the staff. As far as staffing on the weekends, we are above the state requirements to care for the residents so it may have seemed skeletal to you but we do have staff that rotate and help both in the short term unit and long term care so I assure you we were staffed properly.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The therapists seem nice and explain what they are doing. The nurses seem to be very attentive. The staff is very friendly and polite and has my mom's best interests at heart. It is very clean and well-kept. The food looks excellent and smells good. The quality seems to be good. They haven't told me anything, but I ask questions. They do answer the questions.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We do set up with the responsible party a meeting after 72 hours and a 14 day meeting to address all needs. If you feel you need a meeting in between, please let the Director of Therapy know so we can meet to address all of your questions.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses have been great. I like the LPN who works the night shift who is very caring. It is extremely clean. The meals are good and he likes them. They eat all their food there. They are communicating, but they are not hearing me in the PT department. I am not very happy with it right now. The PT goals are not taking into consideration his condition. They are not addressing his needs.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. I would suggest talking directly with the Director of Therapy to address your concerns. Please note that we follow the orders from the hospital along with the in house assessment of the patient. If you feel there are other issues to be addressed, please make sure to speak to Kelli.

It was very good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I am very pleased. They seem to be doing a good job there. They have good nurses, and they want to care for my loved one. She was able to take a step today. She is moving right along. She is progressing. I like all of the nurses. Every one has been very nice. I am very impressed with the facility, and it is very clean. My loved one is doing well with the meals. She wants more meat. I talk to the nurse and get information.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The service and the people are very accommodating. The staff is very nice and helpful. They are very sweet and they do what we ask.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The people are friendly and everything is good. I like all of the staff. My loved one has always complained about the meals.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It has been pretty good. The social worker is extremely efficient. The therapists are doing well. They work my loved one well. The staff is courteous.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I am satisfied with their communication at this point.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The facility has improved, and it is very nice. The care is excellent. The therapists are doing well for my loved one. She is eating all of the meals, and she is a picky eater. The staff is all very accommodating. We got a call from the nurse practitioner.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses are good with my dad, and they address my concerns. I am very impressed with this place. They keep the place up, and there is no bad smell. It is immaculate. My dad seems to think the therapists are pretty good. The aides really work with him. The staff is very nice. The dining room looks really great, and the food looks good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I have had no complaints. My loved one really likes the food. Everyone has been very helpful, kind, and pleasant, but he is awakened by noises in the hallway.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

In general, everything is good. They serve the same meal for every patient. I am still waiting to communicate more with the doctor.

Michele Varon

We serve the same meals unless there is an order for a specific diet that we have to follow. As far as commucation, the nurse praticitioner rounds every day and is the one who follows the patient primarily.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The nurses seem nice and attentive. The food looks okay. My loved one says there are no machines in the therapy room to work out. I think there should be. She has a shared small room, so it's tight. There's not a phone in the room.

Michele Varon

Skilled nursing rehab is different from in patient rehab and we don’t have machines for rehab. We have an excellent therapy team with a great track record to get patient’s home and stronger.We don’t provide phones because most patients have cell phones that they use. I am sorry if you were not happy with the room. You can always request a change if there is availability to move to another room.

Things are mostly fine.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They had some nurses that were very good. They did everything they could to help us. Some of the night staff were very rude. The air conditioner did not work properly over the weekend. I found a pill in her bed when she arrived. The therapists were nice. I walked in her room, and all she had on under her robe was a bra and a diaper. She is very modest. There was no communication unless I went there to see her.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. I believe we have addressed all of your concerns from our phone conversation and have monitored the issues since.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They have been most helpful, and everyone is very nice to my mom. We are pleased. Other family members have been there and this place has been on the top of the list. She thoroughly likes everyone. I am pleased with the cleanliness. I have never experienced a foul odor there. The food is much better than the hospital. The communication is fine, and they have kept up with being with her and keeping us informed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

There was a lot of good communication on the move-in. They are courteous and friendly when I am there. They are very good at informing me.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My loved one was very happy there. It seemed to be very clean.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My loved one liked the nurses. I think they need to hire some more nursing assistants. They need more variety of meals.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. At this time, we staff our facility well above the state’s requirements. There are alternative meals if the resident is not happy with what is being served.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It is an overall good experience so far. My loved one has not complained about anything yet. The therapy is pretty good. Housekeeping is fairly good, though there is some room for improvement in this area. It might be a good idea to incorporate more updates on their end by reaching out to us.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on a new schedule to keep families more informed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The people there seem content. My mother says it is good and she likes it. The staff are always friendly, and they have a lot of nurses and aides. They are helpful and friendly. It is very clean. My mother says the food is good. There has been no communication, and my sister is very dissatisfied with getting no feedback before a scheduled meeting next week. The atmosphere seems crowded and claustrophobic to me. They only have a courtyard to visit.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working on a new schedule to inform families and give them the opportunity to ask questions earlier on and throughout the stay. As far as the atmosphere, it is a smaller place however there is a big TV area to visit with family in the unit along with the courtyard outside and in the front of the building by the fireplace for added privacy.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They had heavy rains and water got in his room. They are working on this issue. I am trying to contact the PT. They have lost some of his clothing in the laundry area.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We will do everything we can to locate the clothing. As far as the rains, that day was extremely heavy rainfalls and we managed to get the situation under control very quickly. No rooms were affected.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

As far as what I can tell, it's good. The people have been really helpful. The place itself is very clean. The meals look great. Everybody has been very good about communicating except the therapists. My mother seems to be at the same point she started. Any time I try to get information on her progress, nobody seems to have the information. I called multiple times and nobody called me back.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We have been informed about everything. They have been helpful and friendly. They have answered all of our questions. We like the director for skilled nursing.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is nice and the place is very clean. Everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing so far. The nurses are nice. My loved one eats almost all of his food. They do call me, and we go there every day to make sure everything is fine.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They gave my loved one very good care and were very attentive. They did all they could do. The nurses were wonderful.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I've been to a lot of these facilities, and this is the cleanest facility I have ever seen. We have been so impressed. It takes a very special person to do what these people do! My mother-in-law actually said this facility's meals remind her of her own cooking. She would also like to make the request to make more of their gumbo! She absolutely loves it.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We came because we thought this was the best facility. The nurses are nice. The meals seem fine.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff is good. The speech therapist has a good rapport with my loved one. She is friendly and caring. She helped me with my question. Everyone is helpful. It is clean compared to other places. The food is good. When you have one patient who is not as severe as the other patient in the room, this can be hard. I had a problem today and the social worker did not call me but the administrator helped me.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We always try to accommodate if families want to move rooms however we are limited with the number of beds we have in the unit.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I like all of the staff. Some things are very good and some are not. They stopped my loved one's therapy and just started again, and they need to be more professional about it. They are working on it.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure you have gotten the right information because we don’t stop therapy unless the insurance no longer will be paying or the resident is no longer participating or has reached their base line. We have worked a long time with Premiere Rehab and feel all of their staff is very professional and knowledgeable.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

One of my sisters found it a bit confusing on the first day and had a little bit of trouble finding her way. It seemed the staff was able to help her figure some concerns out by the next day. Maybe there could be a little more direction during the transition period. They come in in the middle of the night to do our loved one's care, such as blood work. They get her up early to get dressed and get therapy. She has trouble sleeping, so this has been a little bit frustrating for her. The dinner is not great. She says a lot of people are not eating it.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on creating a better schedule to speak with families and new residents sooner once they are admitted to answer all questions and concerns with all parties present. As far as the food is concerned, residents always have a choice to get another food option if they don’t like the main meal.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Some of the employees go above and beyond. The therapists are great! This is why we chose this facility. My loved one loves the meals! Overall, it is average. The nurses need to be more attentive. There have been a couple incidents that I should have been informed about and wasn't. I found out through her roommate. When I questioned staff, it was difficult to get answers.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are striving to change our care plan schedule to better inform the families along the way while staying with us.

Review of Colonial Oaks

Everything has been fantastic. It is very nice and clean.

Review of Colonial Oaks

It is a nice setup. It is very clean. The staff have a nice personable relationship with the residents. Therapy is good. My mom has been doing things she wasn't able to do. We see a lot of strides. She loves her whole team, morning or night. They are very informative and professional. They seem to have a lot of knowledge of what is going on. A lot of the staff speak and a lot do not speak. My mom is not pleased with the scrambled eggs. We critique the food.

Review of Colonial Oaks

Everybody is really helpful and caring. I am very pleased with everything! My loved one is pleased with the staff. They are very attentive. When she hits the button, someone comes within a minute. Anything anybody needs, they are there for them. They're amazing! I'm shocked at how much she has improved in the last two days! The CNA's are out of this world. They're working on the meals.

Review of Colonial Oaks

My grandmother is getting good care there. I love it. It is her second time being there. It is very clean. The food is perfect. She loves it. They are perfect at keeping me informed. When she needed help at night, it took a long time to get help in her room. They may be short-staffed.

Michele Varon

Our facility is never short staffed. We always staff ABOVE STATE REQUIREMENTS at all times. It may be a perception you have when our staff is busy tending to the needs of everyone but please know that we are never short on staff to help care for our people.

Review of Colonial Oaks

If my loved one pushes the button, they are there right away to help. It is clean, and they are friendly. They are kind and tell her they love her. She feels safe there, and this makes me happy. We had a little problem with getting her diaper changed, and this is under control. There is maybe some improvement from the rehab. I was concerned about her condition, and they were not giving any answers to us. My sister called the doctor, and then we got a call from the PA. They are slow in giving information.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We do scheduled care plan meetings weekly in order to have all parties present to answer all of your questions at one time and give an update on the resident’s progress. You can always talk with the head nurse who can provide information for you by obtaining the chart if you are the responsible party listed to give out the information to.

Review of Colonial Oaks

My mother liked the food. They did alert me when she went back to the hospital. There were a nurse and an aide I liked. There a couple of things that could have administered better. They were giving my mother her treatments only when asked. Meds were not given correctly. When she pressed the call button, they did not come. They did not help her off of the toilet. Some nurses were excellent and some not. One night I called and said to the nurse that I could not get a hold of my mom. She said she did not have time to help. I called later, and she checked on my mother.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your input. I am not sure what you are referring to as far as treatments go. Our facility receives specific orders for both therapy and medications that we follow upon admission. As far as the staff being unresponsive when calling, we will address that issue. You should always be able to have access to talk to your loved one; however, depending on the time of day you are calling, our staff’s number one priority is to care for the residents and certain times they are more busy than others.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

So far it's very nice. The nursing care is excellent!

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

From what I can see, there has been a very big improvement from the rehab therapy. From what I see, I'm very satisfied. They work hard to make my husband comfortable, and I am grateful for that. The cleanliness is fantastic. There's not even a bad smell. The tables are always set up nice.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They're attentive to the little things. They're taking care of my mother pretty well. I like the fact that the therapists bring her out of her room into the therapy room and don't just work with her in her room. The meals are pretty good. I've spoken with the nurses and a nurse practitioner frequently to stay updated.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Sometimes when my loved one calls, it takes a while for someone to get to her room. The atmosphere of the place is pretty good. Everyone seems happy. At the beginning, I was really concerned because you don't know who's in charge, who to talk to. Other than that, it's been okay. They may be understaffed. The therapy has been great. From what I've seen, the therapists have been nice. The CNAs have been pretty good. I just don't know who to call for information. It seems like everybody is friendly.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your response. We currently are staffed above state requirements. Sometimes our staff is working with several patients at a time and it may take a little wait as we prioritize the requests. If you feel the wait time is not improving, please address it with the STAR unit head nurse.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It has been perfect, no problems. The medical team is good, they answer all of our questions. They attend to my loved one's needs, and are very professional. The evening staff have been very good and attentive. The aides are attentive, and come every time he uses the call button. They are friendly as soon as you walk in the facility. They make you feel like you are walking into a friendly environment. I've never seen trash or debris on the floor. It looks like they clean his room every day. They have a nice clean patio that patients can enjoy. He loves the dining. The only problem is that he likes his food real hot. They make it warm, but not hot enough for him. But the meals are very good. He likes the food much more than the hospital food.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

We just found that my mother is not getting the attention she deserves. It can take them a very long time to change her diaper. Most of the staff is friendly. They don't really keep us informed. We have to ask and reach out to them.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We are looking into this matter to improve our individual care. We provide care plan meetings every 7 days to give you updates from all departments but if you have questions please feel free to ask the therapy department or STAR nurse on duty.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I would recommend Colonial Oaks to a friend!

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The place is clean and they keep my husband clean, so that's a good sign. My husband said the food was good. They should just communicate with me more often.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to answer questions anytime. We do set up weekly meetings to give families detailed reports and answer all questions as well. Please do not hesitate to ask at any time though.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It's real good. They're doing really well with my sister. They're getting her into bed and changing her. Everybody's really friendly and takes their time with her. It's very clean. She enjoys the meals. They answer my questions when I have them.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

I think they're very attentive and doing a good job. Two of the nurses are very, very nice. The majority of the staff are friendly, attentive, and do their job. My mother is perpetually complaining about the food. It's institutional-type food. I understand it's a tough situation with how many residents are being served. They don't call me every day. If I ask, I get some information. The line of communication is not so great. If I approach them, I find out what I want to know. I understand these folks are busy.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We continue to review our menus and adjust accordingly. As far as communication, we don’t call families daily. We set up weekly progress meetings with staff so we can address and answer all of your questions, however, feel free to ask our staff at anytime any questions you have. We want to make sure all of your questions are being addressed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The attention my mother is getting from the nurses is highly responsive and professional. They answer questions without hesitation. The rehab is incredible. My mother has made improvements each day I see her there. The meals are great. I have been in touch with one of the staff, and she quickly answers my phone call and answers questions.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

They are very hands-on, and I think that is good. My mother's room is a little warm, so we brought a fan for her. She is hard to please with food.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The staff has a nice attitude towards helping my wife. The physical therapy could be a bit more rigorous. She has dietary restriction and has been in an out of the hospital, and they have been very helpful and cater towards her dietary needs. I get calls and they are really good with keeping me informed.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

It wasn't exactly what we thought it would be. My wife is in her room. She didn't get a walker or anything like that, but she's getting service. There's no clocks or phones in the room. We were told they would get us a clock, but they haven't gotten it. There are boards on the wall, but no utensils to write or pin things on the board with. The nurses are all 100%. They are great. The facility is clean, except the shower head is molding. The breakfast is served cold. All the other food is good. If I ask questions, they answer.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We have put clocks in every room now in the STAR unit and addressed that issue. As far as phones go, most people carry cell phones now but you and your family member are always welcome to use the phone at the nurses station. We have looked into the shower head and have addressed the issue of the timing of the meals to come out warmer.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

So far everything seems to be okay. They are working with my mother. In general the aides are pretty good. The staff is a friendly bunch. I have been able to communicate what my mother needs. The cleanliness is surprisingly good. This is the best smelling rehab I have been in. There is no smell. The meals themselves are very basic and not always hot. They are alright. The staff does sit with the patients and encourage them to eat. The one time my mother had an issue, they called me right away.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the timing of the meals to make sure everyone is getting a heated meal.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Everything is fine. Their attention to our questions and my husband is good.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

My mother's sheets got tangled over night. My mother has a hard time keeping liquids down, and I think they have a hard time with caring. In general, I think it is nice. Most everyone seems to be friendly. It is clean and does not smell. My mother complained about what they drink (fruit punch or Kool-Aid). The meals are okay, but she has a hard time keeping them down. They look fine. A staff member I talked to was very nice and informative.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the drinks that are being provided and continue to work to improve with our care.

Review of Colonial Oaks Living Center

The physical therapy is not progressing as fast as I thought it would.

Disappointed

My Aunt was in Colonial Oaks only two months. Our entire family was very disappointed in her care. She was having trouble breathing & asked to be taken to the hospital. She was told by a nurse that she wasn’t sick enough to go to the hospital. She called her brother who then called Colonial Oaks & addressed the problem. She was only then taken to the hospital where she was told that she had pneumonia. She stayed in the hospital for (9) days. My Aunt deserves much better care than she was provided. She has recently moved to Sunrise of Metairie. So far things are looking good.

Michele Varon

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We appreciate the feedback and continue to work on improving our care and evaluating our staff efforts.

My husband likes his meals, he really enjoys the food. They are excellent at keeping me informed.

The staff is great, they take good care of my aunt. I know she enjoys the meals, she asks for seconds

I like that it's small. My mom says the food is good.

My dad's only been there a few days, but so far it's been great! He's on a restricted diet, but he says it doesn't taste very good.

Colonial Oaks is conveniently located right next to the hospital, so if he has an appointment they can just wheel my dad right over. The people are wonderful. He is enjoying his stay. The facility is pretty nice. They do good at maintaining it.

All the nurses I refer to as my kids. Therapy is tough because I have a lot of pain, but everything has been going good. The nurse care has been very, very good. When I'm in pain they are there for me, they shower me, and are nice. Everything is clean. When they give me medicines they tell me what it's for.

They are truly trying to help my mother. Therapy isn't going too well because she is in so much pain. Some of the sheets need to be bleached, they have stains on them. I have to ask but they do give me the information regarding to my mother.

The facility gives my husband very good care. The therapists are taking it slow with him right now, because he's very limited. The nursing care is excellent. Someone is there with him always. They are painting the facility right now, so it looks brand new.

My husband is improving with the rehab. I know that they just got him to start walking about 2-3 times a day so he is showing progress. The staff seems to be nice people. The facility is clean. They are good at keeping me informed.

I would like to see the nurses encourage my husband to do more and see him get out of his bed and the wheelchair more. Some things were left in a room from a previous patient, and I have asked them to get them out of the room. The stuff is still in there, and I will be asking them again to get them out, if it is still in there. I have not received any calls from them, and communication from them is not very good. When I'm there I ask questions, and they do answer them.

They treated my loved one good. They treated her like a queen. She played bingo and she really loved it. They got her up every day and they would get her up to be better. The place was clean. They were great at keeping me informed. If I wanted to ask them something, I could ask.

One of the things that I don't like is that access to a telephone is not good, and there are not any phones in the patient rooms. The therapy went well. The food is not very good. It's low quality, not very nutritious, seems like it comes from a can, a lot of processed food, and not very many fruit and veggies. A weekly call would be nice to keep me more informed, or if there are any changes in his progress.

The results of therapy aren't good, but not because of what the therapist is doing, my mother just isn't responsive to it. What they are doing is great. The nurses are very nice. At mealtime, someone brings you a meal and that's is it, and she doesn't like them. At the hospital, they give you an option of what you want the day before and you circle them off.

The residents are really happy, you can tell that they are getting good care. It's a nice, happy place, it's not depressing at all. My loved one has improved with the rehab therapy. The nursing care is good so far. I have noted that I would do my mom's laundry, but every day some of her clothes are missing. They end up finding them, but initially there's always something missing. Everyone is nice and friendly throughout the facility. There is a lot of junk and stuff on the floor, but her room is kept clean. It seems like they eat a lot of sandwiches, every other meal is a sandwich. I went there last night and the aide was helping her eat, it lit up my heart. When I go there I get good information about what's going on.

So far it’s been fine. From what the therapists are telling everything is going well. The nurses are efficient and they respond in timely matter. Something that has been very pleasing is that it’s very clean. I haven't gotten any updates other than physical therapy, but if I ask they do tell me. I haven't talked to the nurses about my loved one’s health.

My dad is getting speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy and he's getting better. The nurses are nice and they give him his medication on time. The lead nurse is a 5/5, she is amazing. I have had to spend 10 minutes at the nurse’s station waiting for someone, though. The social worker is great. The place is very clean and my dad is comfortable. They give him options to choose what he wants to eat. I saw at least five different meals to choose from each day.

The floors need to be waxed occasionally. They look clean, just need to be buffed and waxed. My wife likes the meals. They have not informed me of anything and I am there everyday.

The professional staff at Colonial Oaks Living Center strives to provide quality services through care and dedication. We want each resident to feel like they are at home when they are in our care. We provide home-style meals, cable & wireless internet, skilled nursing care in a private setting, and beauty and barber services to simulate home comforts. Short-term rehab patients and therapy services are provided in a separate STAR unit. Our menu features a variety of nutritious options and we provide snacks throughout the day. We have registered dietitians available to accommodate special diet needs and fulfill physician-ordered therapeutic diets.