Belle Vie Living Center - Gretna, LA

Belle Vie Living Center - Gretna, LA has yet not published prices.

• Rehabilitation
  • Medical Social Workers
  • Skilled Nursing
  • Long Term Care

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

They treat my loved one well, and they are very friendly, with no problems. The service is fine. They keep the building up very nice. The meals are good, and the dining room is neat and clean. They are good at informing us. They are all really nice to us.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

My loved one likes the space in his room and is comfortable. They are taking care of him. He likes the food. He is doing a lot better than he was. He is doing the exercises.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

I am anticipating good care. The nurses are very friendly, warming and welcoming. They remembered my name. So far they are short-staffed as far as the aides go. The few I have met are very nice. It is clean, but it has a smell. The food is okay. I am not getting a report every day. I do anticipate that they will call me if something goes wrong.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

The food is good and it does not smell. The room is clean and nice. The nurses seem to be very nice. I have not heard much. The staff are very helpful. They are very nice and kind. The staff is nice, but they are shorthanded. Some are there for a paycheck and some are caring. I brought some food for my mother and it was gone. The equipment is old. We changed the chair in the room.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we are never short staffed and ALWAYS STAFF ABOVE STATE REQUIREMENTS at all times. There are certain times in the day where the staff is busier than others but our primary concern is to care for the residents. As far as equipment, we will assess the rooms to make sure everything is in working order for the future.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

They treat my loved one nicely. She has said it is hard for her to do the therapy exercises. The place is very nice and clean. She is not getting enough food or what she wants.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. Please make sure to speak up and tell dietary that she would like more food. We do follow the doctor’s guidelines for dietary as well.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

My loved one is getting excellent care. The nurses are very nice and cooperative. They tell me how he is doing in the morning when I call. They do an excellent job of keeping me informed. The meals are good. He likes the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

The nurses and aides are good, and everyone is friendly. It is clean and there is no smell. The meals are good, but they are telling me my loved one is not really eating.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

Sometimes, when I go there, there are no nurses around. I will click the call nurse button and no one comes. That is very concerning, because the patients need help. What do they do if they need immediate attention? It seems like they are very understaffed. The nurses are friendly enough when they are around, but they are rarely around. They don't give enough information, and they never know what is going on. They are understaffed. It also needs to be more secured. There is no one securing the entrance. Anyone can come in at any time, and no one will even notice. That is not safe for the patients. The staff is friendly but not very informative. It seems like there is no system for giving us information. No one knows what is going on. It seems clean, when they clean it, but it can take a while to clean up spills and things. My loved one is okay with the food. No one knows what is going on, and they never call back.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We are currently addressing the issue and in the process of hiring more staff; however, we do staff above the state requirements. Can you tell us what time of day you were experiencing this?

As far as security, we do have security cameras around the building and we do lock the doors at night where a code is required to enter.

We set up a care plan meeting every 7 days to update you in detail on the progress of your loved one. You can always ask the Therapy director for an update and the STAR head nurse. We have addressed this issue as well with better communication

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

I was kind of upset when I went in for the first time. A lady from housekeeping entered the room without letting us know she was coming in the room. I went and reported it to the administrator. The meals they gave my mother aren't things she can eat, but they looked good, with beans and greens. I found the place clean. The administrator was very pleasant and professional.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your comments. We have taken measures to correct this problem, educate the staff and this seems to be an isolated incident. Please address any other concerns directly to us so we can make sure you are satisfied.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

I would recommend Belle Vie Living Center to a friend!

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

I had no complaints. When I asked for nurses, they came. The place is immaculate.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

They really are polite and answer everything you need. It's a good facility.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

I've had a pretty good experience. It seems like the staff is really concerned about the patients. They're eager to answer questions if you ask. It's very clean. They do a pretty good job of keeping me informed.

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

The therapists are working my loved one, so that's good. Everyone is wonderful to him there. He says the food could be better because it's mostly sandwiches.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. Residents can request other meal options if they don’t like what is being served. We are glad therapy is going well!

Review of Belle Vie Living Center

Sometimes it is not as clean as it should be and some of the staff is dismissive. It looks like the therapy is pretty good. Communication is not good. I need to know more of what is going on. There seem to be some miscommunications.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. We set up care plan meetings weekly to be able to give you detailed feedback on the progress and answer any questions; however, feel free to reach out to the staff with any questions or concerns you may have.

I LOVE THEM. My loved one has started her therapy and she's doing pretty good.

My mom has started therapy and she says it seems to be going good. The nurses are accommodating and give her medications on time. The meals aren't too great, I've had to go get her McDonald's a few times.

Today is my mother’s second day of rehab and it's going fine. The nurses have been taking good care of her. I haven't had any problems with them, they talk to her, get her out of bed, take her to the restroom. I haven't met anyone that hasn't said hello. We are impressed with how clean it is. The room, the hallway, everything looks good to me. They had some really good gumbo one day. The first day I talked to a nurse, and they always listen to what I have to say and ask questions.

Therapy is being aggressive, but in a good way, and my mom has been showing improvement. The nurses are attentive.

Therapy is going great. My loved one is able to walk with a walker now. She speaks very highly of everyone. The place is always clean. She said that the meals are delicious

The therapy is very good, my loved one can move around with his walker. The staff is very friendly. His bed is always changed and made. He's a big eater, and I have to bring him food because they don't provide enough food. They don't tell me anything about what's going on with him.

I would recommend to a friend

We are still making adjustments. It was my understanding that they were going to do physical therapy three times a day, five times a week. He is supposed to gain strength in his legs to walk. He is not having as much rehab as he needs. There needs to be more emphasis on therapy. The people at the facility are very nice, but some are not too social with people. They keep things very clean. They don’t seem to have much of a selection for meals. My loved one doesn't eat fish and they keep serving it to him, so I help and bring him food. No one has kept me informed, not even the attending doctor at all. The physical therapist is really only person that I have spoken with. Communication could be better.

Michele Varon

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you got misinformation on the therapy. We do offer therapy Monday through Friday up to 3 hours a day depending on what the doctors orders are. If someone doesn’t need all three therapies, then they won’t get 3 hours of therapy for the day. As far as meals, there are always alternative options if you don’t like the main meal being served so make sure to ask. You shouldn’t have to bring food in every day. We set weekly care plan meetings up to keep you informed of the progress and answer any questions and concerns you have; however, you are welcome to ask questions at any time. The medical director really doesn’t come to the facility often. It is the nurse practicitioners who really see the residents daily and tend to their care.

The stay has been good, but my loved one hasn't been able to do too much right now. They are really wonderful and are in and out of his room all the time. The rehab is doing a good job. Every one of them are really good at the rehab, and they work very well together to make sure that he is taken care of. They all work together and I have seen a little progress with his rehab. When it comes to the meals, I told them that everything has to be soft, so they are trying to accommodate him the best way that they can and are going the best they can. As for as keeping me informed, I always ask them, so they don’t get the chance to inform me, plus I'm always there.

If my loved one would listen in rehab it would make it better. He likes it there, though. Every time I have spoken to him they are always friendly to me. He doesn't like the food. When I ask they tell me what I need to know

Everyone has been wonderful. They take good care of my mother and they always get back to me with information if needed.

The people are nice and the place is clean. I requested the place and it worked out very well this time as well, I have no complaints. The nurse and staff are always willing to help my loved one and give her their time. Breakfast every morning is grits; she would like more variety.

They're real nice people, always have a smile on their faces. They're very friendly. All the people at the front desk are very nice. The place is really clean, they're always mopping and I've seen their tables cleaned for lunch and I've gone into little activity rooms and they seem like they're clean. The bathrooms are very clean, too. It always smells good at lunchtime, though my brother is very particular and doesn't really like the food.

My mom is doing fine with the therapy. She was having problems with one of her treatments.

Belle Vie Living Center is dedicated to serving the ever-changing needs of each resident. We do this by providing compassionate service and uphold the highest clinical standards and practices. Short-term rehab patients and therapy services are provided in a separate STAR unit. Our 89-bed facility is available for short-term, long-term, and skilled nursing care. Private and semi-private rooms are available and we provide in-house laundry and housekeeping services, social services, and a fully-staffed maintenance department. We also have a wander guard system in place to assist residents prone to wandering.