The Orchard - Ridgeland, MS

Need Sensitivity Training

My mother was at the Orchard for over six years. She started at the Rose Garden and then moved into the Arbor. She passed away January 19th 2017. She choked during lunch and was given the Heimlich maneuver. I was told she was turning blue but they were able to save her. She was admitted to St. Dominics where we were told she had aspirational pneumonia. She passed away a week later.

Nobody from the Orchard ever called to check on my mother. I went back and retrieved her items from her room and nobody said one word to us. They never said they will miss her or that they were sorry to hear of her passing.

I have never met a group of people that were so disconnected from their residents and their families. I think they were more concerned about a lawsuit than anything else. I think they need sensitivity training.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Not Recommended

Overall rating POOR! Food is disgusting. Uninterested management. Just interested in 100% occupancy at the lowest cost and highest income to owners.

Nice spot

She's not in the orchard anymore but I was very pleased, i Just wanted to take care of her myself. I really liked it, I was disappopinted that she couldn't go to the rose garden but she was unable to walk and you have to be able to walk to be there, so she was in the arbor. Everybody was really nice, really friendly and they took real good care of her. To be honest, I had no idea nursing homes were this expensive but all of them are, and that was part of the reason why I wanted to try to take care of her instead. The garden we could afford, but not the arbor. She was in physical therapy and occupational therapy, the food was good (at least it looked good, I didn't taste it but ther's nothing mother doesn't like). They had some activities going on but I don't know that she participated in them, she was only there a month, but I'm sure they tried to get her to participate in them.

the Orchard does not have m...

the Orchard does not have memory care/alzheimers unit for male patients. Males go to the nursing home unit.