We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Coburg Village Retirement Comm - Rexford, NY has yet not published prices.
Don't move to Coburg
When my mother moved to Coburg 12 years ago it was FANTASTIC. The food was great. There were a TON of off campus activities (for an extra fee, of course) and special events. The campus and individual living areas were meticulously maintained. The residents had a voice and ANY problems they had were immediately addressed.
I can not, in good conscience, recommend Coburg to new residents. The food now is no better than rubber chicken dinner/cafeteria grub. Complaints/requests go unanswered. There are no special events and very few "off campus" activities are even offered these days, at any price.
The best thing about Coburg is that there is no buy-in to live there, so you can leave as soon as your lease is up without losing $50k+
Bottom line...Coburg Village used to be great and now it's just an over-priced nursing home with no nursing care.
Great Choice For Independent Living!
My parents moved in almost two years ago now. They are both in the 80s and loving it. They are more active now than ever, have daily interaction with others their own age, have made friends and have a social life they could not have while living in their home. It has freed them of the daily concerns of trying to care for a house and replaced it with stress free living. The apartments are beautiful and spacious and the area has much to offer.
Coburg village is my home
This is a friendly and welcoming place. The food is outstanding. When you enter one of the four dining areas you are encouraged to join others. There is entertainment at least three nights per week. Swimming pool, putting green and bocci just a few of the activities. Very spacious grounds beautifully landscaped. Apartments have all the amenities to make your senior years comfortable.
Coburg Village Retirement Community is located in Rexford, NY, a small village in scenic upstate New York.
- Population: The population for Rexford is less than 7,000 people. The average age for the town is around 42 years old. The remote location makes it a great area to raise a family or enjoy your retirement years.
- Walkability: The walk score for the area of Coburg Village is a 13. While this is much higher than other areas of the town, most errands are going to require the use of a car.
- Weather: The weather has typical four seasons for this area. Summers are pleasant in the 80's and winters are cold in only the teens. The area gets a lot of snowfall as well.
Rexford, NY is a charming small village. Residents can enjoy many outdoor activities and breathtaking scenery.
Residents can utilize transportation services offered by Coburg Village. Rexford itself is a small hamlet; therefore, most resources come from out of town. Clifton Park has a bus station for those looking to go on a trip. The bus line is operated by Adirondack Trailways, allowing residents to take a trip to New York City from Clifton Park. Seniors can purchase discounted tickets. Residents can find taxi cabs and other rental services.
- 786 Transportation: taxi cab service in and out of town.
- Taxi: taxi cabs in and out of town.
- Clifton Park Taxi Service: taxi service in and out of town.
If residents or family are in need of medical care in the area, there are several great hospitals, medical centers, and urgent care centers nearby.
- Ellis Hospital
- Medical Center Of Clifton Park
- St. Peter's Urgent Care
Sports & Leisure
The Town of Clifton Park has an excellent senior community center. They offer a daily calendar of activities, including exercise, games, and other recreational activities. There is a small fee of $15 per year to gain access to all classes and recreation.
Golf courses: A very popular area for golf, there are over a dozen courses in this area. There are courses of every ability and budget. Some of the favorites are:
- Barney Road Golf Course: executive par 3 golf course owned by the Town of Clifton Park.
- Eagles Crest Golf Club: the regions best golf course, restaurant, and banquet facility.
- Mohawk River Country Club: a stunning spot for weddings, challenging golf course, and restaurant.
Residents can choose from a wide variety of outdoor activities in this area. Take a hot air balloon ride or visit a corn maze. There is plenty to do in the towns surrounding Rexford.
- Glenville Sportplex: family fun with mini golf, go karts, and driving range
- Adirondack Balloon Flights: hot air balloon rides over the mountains
- Liberty Ridge Farm: corn maze, pumpkins, homemade goods.
There are several options when it comes to shopping whether it's for clothing or other items.
- Clifton Park Center: large mall with popular stores and restaurants
- Kohl's: clothing and household goods store
- Wit's End Giftique: unique gift shop
- Hannaford: grocery items, produce, and deli
- Green Grocer Natural Foods: natural foods and items
- Walmart Supercenter: groceries and household items
- Primal: butcher shop with a variety of fresh meats.
Residents can enjoy all of the usual fast food options in this area, like Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's, and Dunkin' Donuts. For those wishing to have a family-style dinner, there are several options.
- Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill: steak, pasta, and other favorites
- 99 Restaurant: family style chain serving comfort favorites
- Olive Garden Italian: Italian chain restaurant serving Italian classics and salads
Residents can enjoy the latest films at the Regal Cinemas in Clifton Park. In nearby Schenectady, residents can enjoy a variety of cinemas and performing arts theatres.
- Proctors: performing arts theatre with a variety of shows.
- Rotterdam Square Cinema: cinema showing the latest films in normal screen and 3D.
- MOPCO: improv theatre with a variety of shows.
- Schenectady Light Opera Co: performing arts theatre.
There are several religious services for residents to choose from in the area. Some of the churches that are closest to Coburg Village Community are:
- Clifton Park Baptist Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- Trinity Baptist Church: Baptist church, open to the public.
- Northstar Church: non-denominational church, open to the public.