Atria Guilderland - Slingerlands, NY

The layout of this facility was not as appealing or open as Brookdale. The areas were not as nice and seemed outdated. During our tour I felt like we had to ask all the questions and there was not really a good overview of the facility or a welcoming feeling. We knew a lot more going into this tour since we were already on others so we knew what to ask but for those that may be their first visit I don't think they would walk away with everything they needed.

Mother in law

Atria is a good place for my mother in law. She is wheelchair bound due to Parkinson's. She is also in the beginning stages of dementia. The staff ratio to residents is perfect because they are able to be there for them quickly if needed. Their rooms are cleaned twice a week as well as laundry. She loves playing bingo and scrabble and rummy which they have quite often. She has only been there about 10 days but seems to enjoy it.

First week experiences

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Having said that I still have a couple of things to work out. I was under the impression that he would have a "buddy" to help my father get to things the first couple of weeks. I also need to check on the medication schedule. What he is telling me it is is not what it needs to be. He loves the food and my family is very impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the facility.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I'm happy to hear that your father is enjoying Atria Guilderland! I’d like to help you work these other things out – Please email me directly at [removed] so I can connect you to the right person to address these questions.

Top Picks

My tour of this community was a good one. I enjoyed the staff they were all very kind and helpful. The community looked great. From what I saw everything was very clean and well maintained. It was a good experience, and this community was one of top pick, it is nice.

Atria - Guilderland

They do a nice job. Food there is ESPECIALLY good too.

Katy Miller

Hi Maureen. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will share your comments with the culinary team. If you'd like to share more feedback about your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly any time at [removed].

Don t Let the Fireplace Fool you

Life Guidance is terribly run. Much turnover with directors. unsupervised staff. Management does not listen to concerns

Katy Miller

Thank you for your review. I would like to know more about your experience so that I can help. If you're willing to provide more information please reach out to me at [removed].

Katy Miller

Your opinion is very important and I’d like to learn more. If you’re willing to continue this conversation, please reach me directly at [removed] so I can help.

Dont Let the Pretty Fireplace Fool You

Life Guidance is extremely expensive here and you dont get what you pay for. Turnover is pervasive and they have gone through three LG directors in less than one year. Aides are good but basically they are doing it all with minimal supervision and support. Most of them are burnt out as they are overworked and underpaid.
Director does not take action and dismissses complaints.
Very little communication with families, no support groups.

Looking to fill beds and take your money. Poorly run.

Katy Miller

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments are concerning andI would like to learn more so that I can help. Please reach out to me directly to provide more information at [removed].

Katy Miller

Your comments about your experience are concerning to me and I’d like to help. I can be reached directly at [removed], if you’d like to talk about this further.

Atria has worked with us, providing respite care until she went back to hospital for surgery and now providing PT as she tries to recover mobility. They go the extra mile.

fantastic

Atria Guilderland is fantastic. We were going to move my father somewhere else because they did have a single room for less money. But we are glad we chose this facility after all. I would like to see them have more activities. The other facility has a gym for instance. My father is still physically completely fit and there is nothing really for them to offer him as far as that goes. Otherwise I am very pleasantly surprised here. The staff work really hard and are very nice. My father is surprisingly happy. He is even a little more alert now even though he has dementia.

Review of Independence Hill Assisted Living - San Antonio, TX

Excellent in every way!

Atria Guilderland staff are exceptional

Atria Guilderland is a beautiful setting. The staff have gone above and beyond in caring for my loved one. Living at a distance that provides great peace of mind knowing she is in a safe, caring environment.

Very nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Atria Guilderland was a very nice looking place overall! They had quite an extensive array of care services, and would be good options for those looking for an age-in-place solution. Unfortunately, at the time of our search they did not have any availability for the size of room we were looking for.

Very nice place!

My loved one stayed here for quite a few years, and I thought they did a fantastic job! She really seemed to enjoy her stay here, and I heard nothing but good things. When we decided to move her to a facility closer to other family members we selected another Atria facility and have been just as pleased with them!

Excellent community

You need to visit it to understand the high quality of care that makes it worth the price. The activities were fantastic and the care services couldn’t be better. It was very clean. I recommend this community.

Winner

We looked at several places and this one won by far. It's smaller, and so my mother won't get lost as easy. They're very good at managing moodiness. Food is fantastic. The only thing that seemed odd is that when my mother fell they sent her to hospital but no one was with her.

The woman I spoke with was very focused and quite knowledgeable.

The woman I spoke with was very focused and quite knowledgeable.

The personnel made me feel their warmth immediately.

When it comes to value I feel like it's tricky, I feel as though I value the work that they do, but it is very expensive. The fee structure for the medical piece of it is tricky. It would be nice if there were some way to cap the price as it will continue to rise. The activities make sense for the majority of the people. My mom is a pianist and I wish they would bring some good musicians in sometimes. They do bring someone in who is lovely man but there could be some development in that area. Maybe a weekly trip to the library. Having an opportunity to go to the library and participate in their programs would be great. It's small and immaculate, and the way it sits, on one whole side it's all woods so there is a deep ravine so they cant build there and it's beautiful, really lovely. The personnel really made me feel their warmth immediately, just a good vibe from the place. Enhanced care is offered.

We're Very Happy With Atria Guilderland

They're at the high end as far as cost but I do think they've got a great product. My mom's pretty happy with the quality of the care. The activities are wonderful. We went through a fairly exhaustive process, looking at places. Mom really wanted to live in the community that she was currently in. We looked others and this just seemed to be the best. We're really happy with where she is. The woman that's there has been around for a while. She's an RN and she's the real deal. She's high energy and I very impressed with them. We were vetting them but hey were vetting us too. I was impressed by the questions they asked. They were making sure we weren't just trying to get rid of our mother, you know?
The whole thing was pretty professional.

Toured facility today. Gre...

Toured facility today. Great place and great people.

$7,000

$7,000

Set in scenic upstate New York, Atria Guilderland is an upscale residence where older adults can live more independently, with discreet support from a caring, 24-hour staff. In addition to assisted living services, Atria Guilderland also offers Life Guidance® memory care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Surrounded by trees and crowned by inspiring views of the Helderberg Mountains, Atria Guilderland is convenient to parks and shopping centers – and just next door to the Guilderland Ballet. Amenities include multiple dining venues, a grand foyer with fireplace, courtyard with koi pond, library and inviting common spaces for socializing with friends. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals and a variety of engaging events every day, including yoga classes, happy hours and planned outings to Washington Park and Saratoga Race Course.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 13,500 people.