Atria Crossgate - Albany, NY

This Location Is Fantastic

My sibling is very happy here. The people in the Assisted Living are very nice, the facility is great and everybody on the staff is very residential-oriented. They are very quick when responding to a cord being pull by a resident. They have 2 private chefs, almost culinary chefs. The price was way less than the minimum price being upstate. The facility is great and they treat everyone like family.

The only tip I can give is, Assisted Living facilities will only do what is instructed on the discharge paperwork. Ensure that all doctor orders are written or clearly stated in any discharge or paperwork.

This is a good fit for my mom

Atria Crossgate is nice because it is all one level and everyone is friendly. My mom is doing well in her apt.
The dining area is really nice and my mom says the food is edible, she likes my wife's cooking better.
They do offer a lot of activities, games, they read books to them, and my mother is starting to join in.
There is also transportation for the residents to doctors, shopping and outing to the mall and other outside activities.
I definitely recommend the Atria Crossgate to family and friends.

Everything We Need Is Here

I was looking for a community that has everything included. This was the one we found and we are doing. It is a smaller community but it has many activities and meals that are nice.

Wonderful People in This Community

My mother loves it here in this community, but my father is still taking some time to adjust. We do feel comfortable with their move here. They like it here, and my mother is really enjoying her time. The people are wonderful, and we know they are in good hands. This is a nice community, and I would recommend it.

Very nice!

What we liked the most about the Atria Crossgate was that it was all one level. It was a very nice place and everyone was friendly but it was more expensive than other places. Also, it was not in the location we wanted.

Problems at Atria.....

In a month when (1) the residents were quarantined in their rooms, due to a wide-ranging GI bug, and nobody could go out or come in (without a mask); and (2) there was a flying ant infestation in one wing that displaced residents from their rooms so that exterminators could spray, they actually charged me $3 extra on the monthly rent for a "tray fee". (presumably asking to have a meal brought to the room while rushing out to an event or an appointment.)

Rather than giving us a discount for the quarantine days, or the displaced days, Atria decided to charge extra for a very small favor they did! I hadn't wanted to publicize these problems, but just couldn't handle the irony of the increased rent after the inconveniences of the last month.

Nice place!

Overall we're pleased with how things have gone with Atria! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and they've got a lot to offer the people who live here. They've got a nice restaurant style meal service, and the staff is friendly and professional. My loved one really seems to enjoy it here!

Super Nice

Very nice staff, they were very inviting and welcoming, they showed us around. They were super nice.

Very pleased!

It is a very nice place. My mother does not go to any activities. They have plenty but she does not participate. They have treated my mother wonderful. We're very pleased.

Mixed review

My mother is more content here than I thought she would be. Her room is pleasant with a nice view, and there is lots of musical and other entertainment, and nice people who run the activities (hello, Darlene!). The PT and OT services are very much appreciated as well. That's the good part.

The food seems to be adequate, but they just raised the prices for visitors to a ridiculous amount ($10 for breakfast, $14 for lunch) so I will never be eating there, just to get my jello with Kool Whip on top.

The care is minimal, although the aides and med techs who stand in as aides try to do their best. For simply receiving medications twice a day and getting some help with bathing/dressing , the extra cost is $800 a month.
Also, it seemed unfair that one month after I signed a lock-in monthly rental rate, I received a letter raising the care fees - which raises the monthly rate. (I'm sure we were warned this could happen in the small print of the contract.)

Imagine that there is one aide on staff for 88 residents, except during the morning when there are one or sometimes two extra aides to give showers. Doing the Math, I believe this means that even with two aides on duty between 9 and 5, with no lunch breaks, each resident would be entitled to ten minutes of time with an aide per day. And most of the residents are quite obviously mentally feeble and/or physically weak. But, Atria management states that they "encourage independence." Still, even with a minimal staff, they seem to have a handle on all the residents and manage to create a pleasant and friendly ambiance.

Atria is still a much more pleasant setting than a nursing home, and I do feel more secure with my mother there than when she was at home. At first, because of the price increases, and was going to look at other residences, but now that my mother has settled in, I'll probably have her stay at Atria rather than disrupt her again.

Atria Crossgates review

My Uncle just recently moved so I do not have a lot of experience with Atria @ Crossgates except that the people there are very friendly and the food and dining experience were positive. I am sure my Uncle will get 3 square meals and walking to the dining area gives him much needed excerise.
I do however have an issue that the first night my uncle was there he fell in the shower while they were assisted him. They immediately called 911 and advise the family and luckily my uncle did not break any bones.

Seemed nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It seemed like a nice enough place, but out of the few we looked at this seemed the most in need of some updates and renovations.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that Atria Crossgate was not a perfect fit for your loved one at the time of your visit. If you are comfortable sharing more about your experience, please reach us at [removed].

4350.00 1 br, kitchenette, ...

4350.00 1 br, kitchenette, transportation, Dr. onsite Meals included, 3 per day. Sounds nice but too close?

Kate Vance

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. It appears that you may have some questions and we would certainly love to answer those for you. Please feel free to reach out via [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Crossgate” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

It was homey and wonderful

I felt that she needed more socialization. It was very good and simple, they didn't have take an elevator, it was homey and wonderful.

Tired, Worn Facility

We didn't care for that one so much. The staff seemed okay but the facility looked a little worn. We didn't like the rooms. It's was kind of threadbare. It just looked tired. We all felt the same about it so clearly it wasn't the right place for us.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that our community did not seem to be a good fit for your family. Atria communities are known for offering a great dining experience and engaging activities, and we do our very best to maintain a clean and welcoming community. We always welcome suggestions from our visitors and I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate directors. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] or [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. And feel free to drop in anytime for another visit.

check out thouroughly

nice to tour but actual living experience is a bit different
staff pleasant and food is good
pleasant surroundings but could use a bit more structure and follow through by staff

Wonderful place, and is on my keeper ...

Wonderful place, and is on my keeper list. Everyone was helpful in my visit.

around $5500 per month

around $5500 per month

this may be an option.

this may be an option.

At Atria Crossgate, you’ll experience luxurious country living with the perfect balance of relaxation and activity. Whether you’re sitting by the community pond with friends and family or enjoying a delicious meal in our restaurant-style dining area, our caring and dedicated staff strives to meet your every need. Located in New York’s state capital, Atria Crossgate is easily accessible from I-90 and the New York State Thruway.