Chisholm Place - Abilene, TX

Chisholm Place - Abilene, TX has yet not published prices.

We found Chisholm Place over two years ago for my Dad. I can't say enough good things about this facility and the staff. They've been a God send for Dad and his family. Rooms are nice, food is very good, staff is qualified, knowledgeable and caring. Dad has recently had to move on to a higher level of care but we will miss Chisholm Place and the entire staff.

Chisholm Place is an answer to my prayers!

My parents moved to Chisholm Place about 3 yrs ago. I can't say enough good things about this facility. It's a small community so everyone knows everyone in the building. The management and staff are nothing short of phenomenal. They care for all their residents as if they are family members. I've never seen a staff member pass a resident without talking to them and asking if they can get something for them or help them with anything. Someone checks on my parents every couple hours but if they aren't feeling good or have a special need, they check on them more often & assist with anything they need help with. Beautiful building, always clean. The food is great and served restaurant style in a dining room 3 times a day. It's a great place for social interaction, the residents truly care about each other as well. There are activities for a variety of interests, always something going on. Chisholm Place is exactly the kind of place I was looking for my parents to live. Well educated staff in every position as well as being extremely patient and loving. My parents have always feel safe and well cared for. But most important they considerate it "home" in every way. THANK YOU Chisholm Place!!!!!

Thank you Chisholm Place! A wonderful home for our mother

My mother is living here and we feel like she is receiving the best care possible. The staff and administration are so helpful and we really couldn't ask for a better situation for [Removed]. The building is beautifully decorated and the grounds are carefully landscaped, so that she has a beautiful courtyard just outside her window. We are so happy and grateful that Abilene has a facility like this. [Removed] will be 102 years old later this year, and we feel like this is a really great place for her care.

Very Pleased With Chisholm Place

My family is happy with the Chisholm Place facility and its caring staff. My in-laws have been residents for almost 2 years. The administrative personnel: [Removed], always take time to speak to us and make us aware of particular needs our family members have. [Removed], the activities director works hard to include residents in planned events, as well as spur-of-the-moment ones, her concern for each resident is obvious. [Removed] and her nursing staff take particular care with my in-laws and watch for signs they aren't feeling well, many times averting a crisis situation. Employees who take care of the facility daily operation are respectful and loving toward each person living at CP. I don't know if "an ability to be unflappable" is on the job description for employees, but to a person, the people working at Chisholm Place seem to have that quality. Grace under pressure and preservation of the dignity of each resident seems to be the philosophy of Chisholm Place.

Good family night.

Tonight is family night, wonderful brisket and cole slaw and potato salad. dessert was watermelon or apple pie. All the residents had guests and the dining hall was running over. The staff was welcoming and friendly. It was good to see such a crowd. Singing was fun since we all had a book and all participated.
They take excellent care of my aunt and she is loved and they are her family since we live a distance from Abilene.

I am a visitor who comes into the facility on a regular basis. The staff is always prompt to residents and visitor needs and are very caring. The facility is always clean and well maintained.

Comfortable with the care!!

I have no complaints with how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff have all been very helpful and kind to all of her needs as well as professional in there work. Overall we are pleased and have no complaints.

Skilled, kind, and caring

Mother was at Chisholm Place for about a year. We have now had to transfer her to a nursing facility. From day one the staff, from the administrator to line staff and maintenance consistently watched over her and met her every need, always in a timely fashion. The counseling was absolutely outstanding, with nothing but frank and viable suggestions when needed. Food was always good and nicely presented in a pleasant dining room. Mother was happy and comfortable during her entire stay. There were plenty of activities for the residents. The facility is small and intimate where everyone knows one another by name. The facility is clean, and very well maintained. A positive, caring atmosphere is very evident. Home health was called in when warranted. Transportation can be arranged for physician and clinic visits. We live a substantial distance from Abilene and we were kept well informed. We feel so fortunate we were able to have mother reside there as long as she could. Pricing is based on resident needs.They are most definitely worth a good look. Thanks to everyone at Chisholm. Great job!!

Wow, so impressive!

We moved our Mom to Chisholm Place a little more than a month ago. Having been in another Assisted Living home in town we only had that to compare to and boy what a difference. Very caring folks who check on her every couple of hours; great food with a choice and treats served to her at break times right in her room, décor that is beautiful plus the fall decorations this year are astounding! When we pull the cord for help someone is there instantly. What else can you ask for? People are so friendly - we are simply thrilled with the choice and think you would be too. Check them out, my Mom would love more new friends!

We have visited unannounced a couple every few weeks for the past several months and we have found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The place is clean and well maintained. our friends are well cared for and are content. We are happy for them to have such a nice living space.

very nice place

Chisholm Place is a very nice place. It is kind of small. I believe they have 36 people total. It is a single floor and easy to get around. The staff there is wonderful - very friendly and helpful.

Great assisted living facility

Chisolm Place is great for many reasons. It's fairly small which means the caretakers can really get to know the residents quickly and can take better care of them. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful and keeps the family informed of everything. I would recommend Chisolm Place for your loved ones.

Nice facility, friendly, lots of activities

It's a really nice, clean facility, and very friendly; very friendly.

He's got his own apartment . They also have 24 hour care there. It has a small kitchenette, and a full bathroom.

They do all kinds of outings, to parks, the mall. They go out and eat sometimes. They have a place for exercise, and walking groups. They're working on a gardening group.

The location is close to where I work, in a good part of town; easy to get there.

If you are just going for assisted living it would be a five.

I would say if you are going in just for assisted living then they would be a five. However for my loved one they weren't able to do that great of a job, for our needs it would be a three. The cleanliness and the staff, those things were all great. They just weren't able to provide for the level of care that we needed. The one thing I would say is that they really need to have a family orientation on the first day that they get there. Where they talk about the schedule and what's to be expected, and just coordinate the care. When are meals, and when are meds given, what needs to come from home and what is provided. They talked with us about them a little but a sit down orientation would be nice.

Chisholm Place is located in the heart of Abilene, Texas. Our home is located in a quiet residential community one mile southeast of Abilene Christian University and just ½ mile from Woodrow Griffith Lake.

We are a small community with a big heart that believes in providing quality care through compassionate teamwork. We have staff available 24 hours a day who are happy to assist with activities, grooming, medication management and meals. In case of emergency or serious illness we are one mile from the Hendrick Health System hospital. Transportation to medical appointments is available. We have Wanderguard in place and our outdoor courtyard is fully enclosed for security. Many residents can see the courtyard from their apartments and everyone enjoys walking or relaxing under the big trees.

Our residents can choose to be as active or relaxed as they choose. Those wishing quiet can relax in our courtyard, read a book in the library or work on crafts in the activity room, for those wanting total relaxation we also have a spa available. For those residents wishing an active social life we offer Tai Chi, bingo, a walking club, yoga and church services. Our restaurant style dining room is also a great place to meet friends and enjoy a delicious meal. We enjoy take outings into town for shopping and enjoying restaurants as well as trips to nearby parks and the Abilene Zoo.

Our community is designed for both safety and comfort:

•Single or double occupancy
•Studio or one bedroom
•Kitchenettes with microwaves
•Emergency call system in bedroom and bathroom
•Meals planned by a registered dietician
•Registered Nurse available at all times
•Both common and private areas are wheelchair and walker accessible
•Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
•Walk in showers with built in safety bars