Brookdale South San Angelo - San Angelo, TX

Brookdale South San Angelo - San Angelo, TX has yet not published prices.

Great community

The staff have been wonderful to my dad since he moved into the community. They are encouraging and attentive. The food is fine and dad is making friends. They offer daily activities including an exercise class. They have musicians come in and they go on outings. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

A good tour

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. The people I met were nice. They seem to offer some nice amenities including transportation. This community was a little larger than what we were looking for.

Good Care

I like the care from this community I like knowing that they keep me informed on any changes. The staff is friendly and caring. We like the menu of the meals that are offered. They have a lot of activities for the residents. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Comfort for mom

We like this community. The staff is very helpful and considerate. We like the community a lot due to the cleanliness. The menu is outstanding and healthy with a good variety. I like knowing that she is getting involved with the many activities. This is a positive environment. We would be happy to let other families know this has been a great experience and the community comes highly recommended for great care and comfort and value for loved ones.

Not enough staff!

The staff they do have working are good. My parents do complain about the food. There have been days when they are out of things. They do offer daily activities. The service is not as good as they made it out to be. I think it is all about the money with them and not the residents. I think they need less management and more caregivers.

Things are ok at Brookdale!

Some of the staff are good and some are not so good. They offer daily activities. The community is clean and well maintained. The food is ok. I would recommend this community.

Our first visit was very satisfying. Everyone was very friendly and the staff took time to speak to residents and knew their names. On our second visit with my father in law, they were very welcoming and even the other residents came over to introduce themselves. My father in law was very impressed with the place, people and will be joining them any day now.

Everything is going really good

Everything is going really good at Brookdale South San Angelo. The attitudes of the staff are wonderful. They offer plenty of activities though my dad doesn't participate. I don't have anything negative that I would say about this facility.

Brookdale: Five-Star

We moved Mother to Emeritus at Myrtlewood (now Brookdale) last month and so far are extremely happy with her living there. The facilities are upscale, nice and very clean. The entire staff couldn't be friendlier. Care services are prompt and professional. They offer menu dining at each meal, and the food is quite good -- we've sampled it! Most important, Mother is happy there and making new friends.

Easier than expected,

I had expected a lot of more road blocks when it came to the financials, but they made it work and I was surprised, how much easier it was that I had expected. They bring the food to my mom's because she is not able to go to the dining area and so far she seems to like the food and has lost any weight or anything. Overall, we are satisfied and happy with the services.

can't say enough

I cannot say enough about Emeritus at Myrtlewood Estates. The staff is amazing from the top to the bottom. I could not be happier with the experience. I feel so good about where mom is.

My aunt was a patient at Emeritus At ...

My aunt was a patient at Emeritus At Myrtlewood in 2013. She received excellent care from a devoted and caring group of individuals.

Some billing concerns

My loved one went there from a nursing home. She was there five days before she had to go back to the hospital. The place was very nice. The people were very nice. If we’d been there longer it might have been a better experience. I paid for half a month in May and then I had to pay for June, and she was only there the last five days of May. They won’t give me the money back when she wasn’t even there. I had to pay $4200 for five days. It was a nice place and all and the people are nice, but the cost was really high.

Sam Pollock

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your loved one was unable to stay in our community. Our records show that you were charged the non-refundable community fee and a half month’s rent for May. Regarding the rent for June, as per the contract signed prior to move-in, we require a 30-day vacate notice, and as we received your notice on June 2, we charged for the full month of June. Unfortunately, we cannot refund a resident’s family for any time their loved one spends away from the community for a hospital stay as the room is still in the resident’s name and cannot be rented to anyone else. Our records also show that our Executive Director prorated your loved one’s level of care charges for the month of May. If you have any further concerns regarding your loved one’s time with us at Myrtlewood Estates we invite you to contact our community management team.

Friendly Staff

The staff and everyone there that we did know was really nice and friendly. We never had any complaints about the staff or the facilities, but my mother only lived there for two weeks before she passed away.

Nice Alzheimers unit, great doctor!

My mom seems much calmer, she was in another home for 2 years and because this is a totally Alzheimer's unit she's much calmer and she's always very clean. When I go there, I've eaten with her here and the food seems okay, the fact that she can go outside to a little garden area and not beep because of security, that's a good thing. I've had a little bit of trouble with them with filling with insurance, we didn't have that problem before, and it isn't resolved yet but I'm not really sure if the problem is insurance or emeritus. My mom is difficult ot engage (let's put it that way), but I got a little eltter that she had participated in balloon tennis and she had gone on an outing. The doctor that works with emeritus, Dr. Chitwood, I absolutely LOVE her!

Not A Great Value

It looked like a fine facility but you didn't get as much for your money. It was more expensive and there was not as much space or as much provided.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.