Chestnut Hill Residence - Passaic, NJ

Absolutely recommend!

My Mom entered this facility 2 years ago in the Assisted Living section and is now in it's Memory Care Unit. After working in the Healthcare Industry for nearly 40 years, I think I'm a good judge of good or bad when it comes to this type of placement especially for my own Mother. I have never been disappointed in my choice. The staff is very warm and caring and most of all VISABLE unlike most ALF's where you would lucky to find a staff member in any department. Although the décor is not "fancy", crystal chandeliers and marble floors do not equate good care. The place is clean and comfortable. I have and will continue to recommend Chestnut Hill for care of anyone's loved ones. While placement is not an easy decision for those of us who love our parents or loved ones in general, I speak for myself that when I put my head on my pillow and night I know my Mom is in good hands. I say a little prayer for her and her caregivers. God bless them all.

Participated in a tour for my mother. We found the place to be a very nice place for the residents. It is affordable for those people who have not saved up $150,000 or more for their later stages of life. Our tour was given by [Removed] who was fantastic. She describes exactly what you get and what you don't. This home is not a fancy place with elaborate staircases and reception halls. However, the team they know the residents on a first name basis and seemed to care for them. The halls, shared rooms, and resident rooms we peeked in were all clean and well maintained. There are Dr.s on premise. There was also a large shared laundry room (no cost to use). We enjoyed our visit and if mom decides to go for assisted living, or needs another rehab stint, this will be a first choice.

Good Facility

This is a nice community, and they are taking good care of my mother, and her needs.

Not a bad community.

My only concern with this community is that my aunt has taken a few falls since moving in. The last time she fell they said she was fine, however when I went to see here that day we had to take her to the emergency room. The community is clean and they have a lot going on for activities. She is happy with the food and they were willing to work with us financially.

Good Home for loved ones

My Uncle has been at Chestnut Hill Assisted Living for over a year. He is happy there, he has a large room. The staff is wonderful, they seem to really care about the people. Donna in admissions to great. Love the updates in Lobby area.

Great Company!!

A caregiver from Chestnut Hill Residence was coming out and keeping my mother company. She was very friendly and communicated very well with the family . She had my mother engaged in activities. One thing i really liked was that this was a great match for my mother she felt really comfortable with the caregiver.

Mom is happy!

My mom is enjoying herself at Chestnut Hill Residence. The staff are excellent and do a really good job. The admissions staff Donna was pleasant to work with she really helped accommodate us and addressed any concerns I had. They offer many activities that my mom enjoys and a variety of food choices. My mother's room is kept clean and the community is kept well.

Awful. Suffice it to say that there was a smell of urine in the memory care facility,and ferral cats in the courtyard.

Located in the city of Passaic, this Medicaid friendly facility, which includes a secure Dementia neighborhood, is physically attached to a sub-acute and skilled nursing facility of the same name and under the same family ownership since the 1960’s.

At Chestnut Hill Residence Assisted Living, we provide the assistance your loved one requires to remain independent as long as possible. By providing loved ones with dignity, privacy, social interaction, three meals daily, housekeeping, activities throughout the day and trips to the store and elsewhere, families and friends can spend quality time rather than the quantity of time that was spent on providing care when their loved one lived alone.

We do this at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. We also are full participants of the NJ State Medicaid Waiver Program for Assisted Living.