Brookdale West Orange - West Orange, NJ

Brookdale West Orange - West Orange, NJ has yet not published prices.

Amazing Community

I can not say enough good things about this community. My uncle is doing great since his move here, and I'am very satisfied with everything they have done for us. He is very pleased with his move to this community. Everyone in this community is great, from the people who run it, to the staff. It has been a wonderful experience. With out doubt I would recommend this community, it is working out very well for us.

A family atmosphere

The staff at this community seem nice. My uncle seems to like the food and they do offer daily activities. They keep the community clean and they do his laundry. They have a good amount of male residents on his floor. We do have an aid coming into the community to assist him as well and the staff seem to work well with them.

Nice facility but the rooms are small. I would like to be able to have two adjoining studios for my parents, however that configuration does not exist.

Great Experience!!

I had a great experience at this community during my tour for my loved one. The staff where very helpful and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I also thought that they had a great a floor plan and lots of great amenities to offer there residents. Overall I have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Maybe a little more fun!

I would have to say that they keep this community really clean. The facility is very beautiful and the staff I feel do the best that they can. I know that they have a lot of different things for the residents to do, but my ex husband still says he is bored.

Wonderful

This place is wonderful, so far. My Mom will move in this weekend. So happy to have found them through a Place for Mom!!

We Accepted Another Community

Under consideration the community was too much of a commute to visit her on a weekly basis. I also discovered they were not the best price for me. It did not have a homey atmosphere. The staff were capable of being very positive and generous of giving their time during the tour.

An Active Environment to Thrive

My mother-in-law is doing very, she is thriving and making some friends. She is eating very good and we have eaten there so we know. She is participating in a few activities. They have community meeting to hear the residents. The hairdresser did a nice job she was pleased with her experience. The staff straightened out her medication and monitor it. She is moving around more. It felt like I was walking into a hotel lobby. The residents are funny and feisty, very friendly. I would recommend them.

Still Undecided

My mother has been a resident at Brookdale West Orange for only three weeks. So it is still too early to for me to review.
After she has been there awhile I will be happy to give you my thoughts

Warm and Friendly

I choose this place for my father and I am very happy so far. It has only been a week, but he looks great and every staff member knows him. My dad has not participated in the social stuff, but the staff and other residents reassure me to give him time. The other residents I speak with are very happy and tell me about their own adjustment periods. I also loved that when we were in the dining room the woman who was serving dinner even remembered what he drank at lunch, which made me feel he is very taken care of by everyone. The nurses are also very available to family members. The place is very pretty and the residents are treated as adults not like patients or invalids, they are given as much freedom and independence as they want. My dad also got to bring his cat which was awesome and made him very happy. My dad uses a walker and has the early stages of memory problems, he is 85.

Difficult move!

So far, things are going well with the community but the move was definitely a rocky road. My mother has been in the Brookdale for well over a month now. The place is doing a good job if taking care of her.

Beautiful Scenery !!

I have no complaints about this community the building is beautiful inside and out. There is great scenery with a spacious back yard for the residents to go out and get some fresh air. The staff have been very attentive to my mom and dad especially when it comes to getting them motivated to be more involved with the daily activities. I do think they need to have extra drivers to transport patients to and from doctor appointments.

A Lovely Community

My mother is doing well here at this community. It is a nice looking place, , everything is nice and clean. They have a lovely staff here. There is always something going on, there are many activities available. She is pleased with the meals. We know she is being cared for well here and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Tour

My tour of this community was wonderful. The staff and everybody was very friendly and kind. The community looked well maintained. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. This is a nice community with kind and friendly people.

Very Nice And Clean

Everything is going well for my in laws at this community. They are caring for them very well. The section of the community where they are at is pretty brand new. So everything is very nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they have been wonderful to work with. There are many activities for my in laws to choose from. The food is nice, they are eating well. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

Mixed experience

We have had a very mixed experience with Emeritus at West Orange. The facility itself seems nice enough, it is clean and well kept and the care staff are friendly. However, we had a very confusing move-in process. We moved in near a holiday and it just wasn't handled well at all. Things also seem to be very hit or miss with the food, sometimes she raves about it and other times she says it is terrible. It has always been delicious when I eat there, and I can be very picky!

Review of Emeritus at West Orange Alzheimer's / Memory Care in West Orange, NJ

Nice location but a bit far from me. Facility not as clean as all of the others. Pricing was high for condition.

Very pleased, so far

My mom has been at Emeritus for a few months. So far, so good. Any concern I've had has been taken care of promptly. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Room is big enough. There is definitely a lot for my mom to do. A bit pricey, but so were all the other places we looked at.

We had my mom here for almo...

We had my mom here for almost 2 months. I am really surprised that A Place For Mom even considered putting it on the list. They were terrible here. This is a warehouse for anyone in a wheelchair and needing help. We got mom out ASAP.

Sam Pollock

We are disappointed that you and your loved one’s experience with us at West Orange did not meet your expectations. We would be interested in learning more about your concerns and why our community didn’t work out for you and your loved one. Please feel free to contact our community management team, or if you prefer to remain anonymous, we offer our Ethics First program. You can reach Ethics First at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

Emeritus is a good choice.

My friend has been there only a week so far, but she seems genuinely pleased with her new home. The staff are very helpful and friendly, as are the residents, for the most part; and the food is very good. It is very clean, and care is taken to keep it that way. The residents seem happy with the activities and many participate. It is near shopping, restaurants, and a movie theater, so it is convenient. There is a bus which takes people to doctors and shopping twice a week. I think having a regular medication and eating schedule will make a big difference for my friend, so the value is in line with what we're getting. We were happy to find that they accept Medicaid after two years of private pay. I'm thankful that A Place for Mom pointed us to Emeritus.

Seemed very nice, but we're having problems

This seems like a nice place, although we have had a fairly major problem. The staff have all been great, very friendly and helpful, and the head of the memory care unit was a very nice person. However a week after we moved my loved one in they fell, and had to go to the hospital. We know this isn't something that can be prevented without someone with them 24 hours a day. But then a week after she returned from the hospital she fell again, and we really feel like a closer eye should have been kept on her after the first fall.

It didn't seem contrived or planned

They had a place to play bridge every day. There seemed to be a lot of activitiy going on and it didn't seem contrived or planned. I liked it.

Good overall, but many issues

The staff at this community is very friendly, but we feel the tour gave some wrong impressions. Since our tour there have been staffing changes and now many important employees like the social worker and the administrator are not as readily available. Since then it has felt understaffed.
I also do not like that after 7pm there is no worker at the front desk to call, the call is put through to the 24 hour staff that work the higher care sections, and they can be hard to get in touch with.
We have also had issues with Mom needing to reschedule her doctor visits when the community ran out of room of their shuttle.
Thanksgiving dinner was also not very good at all, they just didn't have enough people on hand to serve everyone in a timely manner.
I feel like the care is good overall, but the employees are a mixed bag, very hit or miss.

Not impressed for the price

We toured this location and were not impressed by what was offered for how much they were charging. The activities and rooms were not as nice as some that we looked at, and it was older than what we eventually selected.

The Aids are Rude

The aids are so rude. You see them all the time and they just ignore you. They don't even say hi. They treat you like they're over worked and underpaid. I'm an RN an I kind of feel like we're getting ripped off. I would appreciate if they would say hello to me. They're taking care of her but when I ask them how my grandmother is doing it's like pulling teeth. When you walk it feels like your shoes are sticking to the floor.

Liked the general energy of the perso...

Liked the general energy of the person who was my guide. She was upbeat and friendly. Interacted with the residents throughout our tour in a great way. Rooms seemed very small to me.

I liked this place. Very warm and com...

I liked this place. Very warm and comforting feel. Staff friendly but overtly so. Good space for activities. Rooms nice and spacious. Not much ground for tenants to explore but nice little patio.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.