Chestnut Glenn & Chestnut Terrace - Saint Peters, MO

A nice community

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The people I spoke to were nice. This community did let us know they were not able to accept mom due to her medical needs.

We toured this community. We did not like that they had the residents not active and we wanted a community that worked with the residents. The community seemed to be clean and the staff was nice and friendly. We wanted a community to be able to work with the residents.

It was a good fit!

When we first moved my mother into the Chesnut Glenn & Chesnut Terrace, we really liked it. Everything seemed to be working out there but my mother got sick and I'm not sure she will be able to go back. We would recommend this place to anyone looking based on our experience.

An Enjoyable Tour

I liked this community when I had my tour. The staff were good to meet and helped us look around the community. They answered our questions and knew what they offered. It was a one level community but overall it was not in a good location for us. The A Place For Mom Information was helpful to have when touring.

Happy Residents!

The community overall was very nice and home like. The residents seemed really happy to be there, I noticed several groups of them laughing and having a good time. The layout of the community was not very convenient. I did not like that in order to get to the rooms you have to walk through the dining area.

I Recommend A Tour!!

The tour guide in this community was very courteous and attentive. He took me to see the whole community the bedrooms, dinning room and activities center. One of the things that i did notice however was that it was an older place that needed a little work done to it. Overall, it was a clean place with a lot to offer including their great meal plans.

Many of my family members came with me for a tour of the memory care facility. All of us were not happy with the staff. The facility is nice but the staff are not engaged with exception to Stacy. The entire time we were there, the staff stayed in the Nurse's station. No one was with the residents the entire time. One staff member came out of the nurse's station only when a resident was knocking on the glass. The staff member told the resident to sit on the couch and be quiet. Several residents were in their room. We felt that this place was not a good fit for our mother.

Robert Wetsel

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and are reviewing your comments with our staff. 93% of our customers said that they would recommend us to others according to our recent customer satisfaction survey – so we know we can do better. We would welcome the opportunity to visit with you and your family again.

All Is Going Good

My sister-in-law is at this community and everything is going fine. I think the community is a clean place. The experience with the staff and caregivers has been transitioning just fine.

Overall A Good Experience

My father's experience here at this community was a good one. They took very good care of him and his needs. The community looks nice well-kept, everything is very well maintained. The staff is nice and helpful. They offer nice activities and good food. Overall everything has worked out very well.

We are very happy with the staff at Chestnut!!!!

The staff are very good with my mom and family. They are short on some of the staff so some of the areas are not as clean as they could be, however they did hire someone and I know they will be back up to a 5 on this soon. The staff are good at encouraging mom to participate in some of the activities offered.The food is good and I would recommend this community.

Nice place, friendly people

So far our experience with Chestnut Glenn has been a good one! It's a nice looking place, and the staff seems friendly and professional.My Dad has had good things to say about the food! I also think they have a fairly good activities program, and they do a good job encouraging people to participate. I would like to see them do a little better in terms of having some sort of monthly activity schedule, so I could help Dad pick a few things out ahead of time.

Poor Care!!!!

We just moved my mother out of this place after 29 moths [removed]. Staff? What staff? Sad place. Look further than Chestnut Glen Assisted Living. No one there knows what Dementia is, or Assisted Living. All employees are unhappy, leave their jobs to bury a cat, the place is not very professional. Mr. [removed], the owner just doesn't care. The new Director is a joke, says its an honor to care for our Parents' what a lie. [removed] at the front desk is rude. When you call to see how your mother is, they don't even answer the phone. I would NOT put my dog in this place for care.

So far I don't have any complaints.

So far I don't have any complaints. Everything is clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. The food I would give about a three. Overall though we are pretty happy with it.

It's a really nice place, and the immediate staff are very friendly

Everything has been going fine, the last couple of weeks have been a bit bumpy though. It's a really nice place, and the immediate staff are very friendly, they do all that they can. It's very clean, and the food is wonderful. Our biggest concerns have been with other residents.

Blessing!

We are learning so much we never expected to need to know. Thanks to Director, Kris Stark, and the nursing staff, the experience is becoming comforting vs frightening. Such a difficult situation to handle! Chestnut Terrace is involved with Mom and us to make the best experienced possible. Care staff have excessive specialized training & offer medical care from an outstanding doctor who pays attention to individual needs. We are blessed to be introduced to this staff.

Kris Stark was extremely in...

Kris Stark was extremely informative, caring, and helpful. We saw active, comfortable staff and residents. We like it a lot.

Activities for Men!

They are working on getting more activities for the men. It seems like they had a bit more for the women, and they didn't want to do the things that the women liked. They are working on doing more things just for the guys, horseshoes and cards. They are doing a good job. Their nursing staff is awesome. They go over and above, like my dad had pneumonia and he just didn't seem right, they were watching him closely. I know that is part of being there but they go out of their way to make sure that everything is taken care of.

After researching, we placed our gran...

After researching, we placed our grandmother at Chestnut Terrace I. They are very caring and attentive. So far, we are extremely pleased.

Regrets...

For the size of this community (relatively small), one on one care and attenion is lacking; and activities are limited. We moved here from another facility and found personal hygiene diminished soon after. Support personnel are not trained to handle difficult situations. The food was unimpressive. In our case over-medication was a problem and landed our loved one in the hospital. I regret having made this move.
Independent seniors can live in Chestnut Glenn where the living conditions appear to be much better.

Inferior care

I can only speak for the altheimer's unit. It is sub-quality lacking in all respects. The unit lacks in professional care and management. Looks are deceiving. They are not equipped to handle severe dementia. Indiviual attention is negligent; even though they are a very small community. I suspect over medication to be a common practice.

Very Clean!

We were very favorably impressed with it. We visited it and I think that is an excellent place. The marketing person was very kind and friendly and the way they treat the residents seems to be very caring and personal. It was very clean - I liked that and there was no odor at all. It seemed like the personal cleanliness of the residents was a high priority so that there were absolutely no odors and you certainly can't say that of a lot of facilities.

We mainly looked at the Terrace which is the one for people with Alzheimers and Dementia. The one thing we weren't so crazy about was the long hallways. The room wer were considering was so far from the dining room, it would be a long walk and I though my dad would be a little isolated. The only other turn off was that the rooms didn't have individual climate control and my dad is always freezing so I knew that wouldn't work.

No Complaints

I'm satisfied with the service I've gotten so far so the value is good. She was there for two weeks and then had a fall on the way to the bathroom and had to go to the hospital. She's on hospice now but the care is good. I have no complaints. This is my first experience with a nursing home of any type. I though it was a good size and a little bit more friendly that the others. I haven't eaten the food but it looks good. They do have activites like bingo and other games but she hasn't been very interested in them since coming back from the hospital.

Buyer beware! Do your homework...

If you as the caretaker for your loved one seek a facility that COMMUNICATES regarding care, this is NOT the place for you. Yes, first impressions would suggest a beautiful facility, but once you're in, forget it. My mom was a resident for one month. We never had a care plan meeting, never met her doctor, never a progress report. Billing issues, administrative issues, etc. are impossible to get resolved. Inquiries are avoided as if a game of pass-the-buck. Try calling the facility to reach someone. The med-techs from various buildings answer the phone and have no idea who their own staff members are by name, much less a resident within a small community. Very unprofessional and highly disappointing. Do yourself a favor - find another facility.

assisted living,beautiful,sm. apt,sha...

assisted living,beautiful,sm. apt,shared rooms,flat rate

2 small buildings for memory care - s...

2 small buildings for memory care - separate buildings and separate staff for each building - max of 5 residents. One building had showers in the room but the other did not. Activities 7 days a week. The flu was going around during our visit and they had to clean up several times that day so the facility did not smell very good. Nice atmosphere, $208/day.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here at Chestnut Glen Assisted Living and Chestnut Terrace.

The Chestnut Glen Campus is located on Klondike Crossing in beautiful St. Peters, MO. We are less than one mile from an acute care medical center and just a few minutes from the St. Louis Airport. St. Peters is nationally recognized as a great place to live and offers affordable, quality living with top-notch amenities and services.

We are a community where Hometown Hospitality is the way of life. We pride ourselves in providing excellent care in an intimate setting by well trained caring staff; that allows our residents to thrive. At Chestnut Glen Assisted Living we have outside walking path, full-time activity programs with a van for community outings. We also have Chestnut Terrace I & II which provide a small home-like environment with high staff to resident ratio. We offer a lovely secure courtyard and a full activity program with a director seven days a week.

Dining is such a focal point of our residents’ day. It starts with an open breakfast – with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can’t start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.

If you enjoy the hustle and bustle of city life, without the crowded city streets or sidewalks, Saint Peters, Missouri is the place for you. You may not be able to walk to various hot spots throughout the community, but find a thorough listing of available public transportation, and you have your key to the freedom of exploring. From tasty restaurants to abundant shopping to scenic parks, Saint Peters is a community full of life and perfect for active seniors looking for a place to call home.

City Information

Saint Peters, Missouri is a medium sized city located within 30 minutes from Saint Louis. The 2010 census lists Saint Peters' population as 52,575. The ratio of male to female population is just about even, making it a city of opportunity for everyone.

- Walkability score 25: Like any suburban community, there may be some shops, restaurants, or other outlets available within walking distance, but it is likely residents will need some form of transportation to run errands or make scheduled appointments.

- Average age of residents 38: Saint Peters may seem like a young community, with the average age being 38, but that does not mean seniors are not welcome. Saint Peters is a well-rounded community with activities and happenings for all ages.

- Number of senior living facilities in Saint Peters area: 153

- Veteran's facilities in the area: Saint Peters has a large veteran population. There are special ceremonies held every Memorial, Labor, and Veterans Days. Veterans will find several hospitals and medical centers specializing in Veteran's care.

- Weather: If you enjoy living all four seasons, Saint Peters does not disappoint. There are hot summers, warm springs and falls, and warmer than average winters. With the average temperature around 66 degrees, winter sports lovers or just winter lovers, in general, may not find the snow very deep all winter long.

Transportation

Even if you do not own a car, transportation in and around Saint Peters is not that difficult with the right knowledge and contact information.

- Buses: Whether you are looking to get around Saint Peters or get to Saint Louis and surrounding areas, the SCAT Transit System provides five major bus routes that are sure to get you where you want to go.

- Airport: Lambert International Airport is conveniently located in Saint Louis, not far from Saint Peters. Travelers will be able to continue onto their favorite locations while enjoying local and chain restaurants and shops between their flights.

- Other transportation: Mo Rides is a website that will provide a list of transportation services in the Saint Peters area. It may not have specific listings for Uber or Lyft, if this is your preferred mode of transportation. You may want to check your Uber or Lyft app for the closest transportation available.

Hospitals and Safety

Residents of Saint Peters are in an excellent position when it comes to hospitals and healthcare. Saint Peters has some of the busiest hospitals in Saint Charles County. Logic says busy hospitals usually provide the best care. However, if you decide you need a second opinion, Saint Louis is not far away.

- Hospitals: Saint Peters is home to Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, the second busiest hospital in Saint Charles County. There is also a satellite location for the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center.

- Crime rate 1 in 581: The crime rate in Saint Peters is much lower than it is in Saint Louis. However, that does not mean Saint Peters is a totally safe place to live, but it is safer than most big cities. Residents should still be aware of their surroundings and protect themselves.

Sports and Leisure

Sports lovers will enjoy the close proximity to Saint Louis, as the Saint Louis Blues and Saint Louis Cardinals are not far away. Nature lovers will enjoy the scenic parks that surround Saint Peters. Excess travel is not necessary to enjoy the great outdoors when living in Saint Peters.

- Parks and recreation: Spencer Creek Park and Covenant Park are just two of the parks many Saint Peters residents enjoy. Most parks in Saint Peters feature large playgrounds, softball and baseball diamonds, soccer or football fields, volleyball and basketball courts, horseshoe pits, trails, lakes and ponds, and even roller hockey courts. Even if you are not actively playing sports, you can still enjoy picnics inside the many picnic pavilions.

- St. Peters Golf & Recreation Center: There are 145 acres for residents to enjoy a golf course, tennis courts, a 13-acre fishing lake, and a swimming pool.

Entertainment and Attractions

Life is never boring in Saint Peters. Residents can enjoy the typical amenities that most large to medium cities enjoy. Chances are, if you cannot find something you would like to do in Saint Peters, you can travel to nearby Saint Louis to be entertained.

- Movies, shows, and concerts: Music and movie lovers will enjoy the local theaters and movie theaters. Keep up with the latest Broadway musicals and latest Hollywood releases.

- Restaurants and eateries: Living in Saint Peters provide residents with a great opportunity to enjoy local favorites in local restaurants. You can find anything from coffee houses, cafes, sports bars, seafood, steakhouses, burgers and snacks, and even your chain favorites, including McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and more.

- Casinos: Those who love to gamble will not have to travel far to enjoy the latest in slot machines, keno, table games, and more. Even if you do not gamble, it will be enjoyable to travel, people watch, shop, and experience cuisines you may not have in your senior living facility. The Ameristar Casino is not far from Saint Peters, and some senior living facilities may even provide day trips. Check with your activities coordinator in your senior living facility.

Religious Facilities

While most senior living facilities provide religious services within the community, some may choose to travel to their own places of worship. The Saint Peters community provides access to many religious facilities, including Baptist, Christian, Lutheran, Assemblies of God, Disciples of Christ, and Non-denominational.