The Boulevard of St. Charles Senior Living - Saint Charles, MO

The Boulevard of St. Charles Senior Living - Saint Charles, MO has yet not published prices.

Hope they have improved

My mother was a resident for 6 months, and then passed away. Most of the experience was fine. As most care offered , it depended on the care giver assigned to her for the day. Some staff was exceptional some were not giving the care she needed. I was there to check on her daily, and was her advocate to the end. Managers were not as accountable as they could have been. When my mom passed away, some staff were kind and caring, others avoided us. After paying them over $30,000 in rent and care expenses we did not receive a sympathy card, flowers, or acknowledgement from the company.
Also, The facility is beautiful, she was the first resident in her apartment, but it sometimes took days to have structural issues fixed ( due to a plumbing issue, she was not able to use her shower for 10 days).
We are hoping things have improved since my mother’s stay in ‘ The Boulevard ‘ facility in St. Charles, Missouri.

Beautiful place but incompetent staff for the aging

A beautiful facility. The meal options are great and food is pretty good. The very unfriendly weekday frontdesk girl doesn't belong in that position. The rest of the staff is friendly, but not experienced in the care of the aging. The 1st (& only) time they provided a ride to the doctor, they forgot my mom was there and left her for over 4 hours sitting there waiting. The activities are frequently cancelled or changed to new locations without notification. There is definitely a clique of women, and if you're unfortunate enough to have memory problems, they will make you miserable. My mom sat with 5 of them uninvited (at a table for 6) and that was used as an example of unacceptable behavior. (The other example was that it took "intervention" to make her quit in the middle of a wii bowling game to give a new resident priority to play. She was never given priority, and it took over a month when she was new before she was allowed to play!) Since memory problems and mild dementia is common in the aging, the staff needs training on what to expect and how to handle it without deeming it as resident's unacceptable behavior! There was nothing violent, only unfiltered verbal response including a "heLL" to these 2 incidents, but these were the reasons given as to why she needed to find a different facility within 30 days!

No availability

Rooms are clean and bright, love the fact it has a full kitchen with open floor plan. Price includes 3 meals/day. Washer/dryer in apartment as well as laundry room close. Has a swimming pool or hot tub (which makes my husband happy). [name removed] was very friendly and helpful and answered all our questions. Most definitely fits our needs.

Excellent

We toured at The Boulevard, and my loved one liked it immediately. It's excellent. The community is brand new, and the people there are really nice. I love that the community is so clean and that they have a chef there, so the food is always good. My loved one enjoys the happy hour they have on Fridays, and she's excited to begin her new knitting group in January.

Needs Improvement

My mother has moved into the boulevard of St. Charles, and to be fair, the community is brand new, and just opened in September. With my experience so far, I feel that this place opened before it was ready. I say this because I’m seeing that they don’t have enough staff to accommodate the people needed served at mealtimes, not enough cooks in the kitchen, the food is not always hot because of the short staffing, there isn’t enough hot water in the rooms, and there is a large turnover rate in the staff that is there. I do feel that my mother is safe here, and I think the place is clean, beautiful, and doesn’t look at all like a nursing home, but I feel it needs improvement. They should have waited until they worked out all the kinks before they moved people in. At this point, I’d rate it a 5 for its beauty and cleanliness, but maybe a 3 as far as the inner workings of the place.

Has a few things to improve, but overall great place

My wife and I are very happy here and we’re glad we moved in. I wish we had done it sooner, honestly. The facility is brand new and pretty nice, they’re still adding to the buildings and a new assisted living side should be done soon. They still have little bugs here and there that they need to work out but they’re getting them fixed. The staff is easy to communicate with and knowledgeable about what they’re doing, they keep the facility nice and clean, and everyone seems friendly. It is independent living, so we have our own kitchen, but they serve food as well. It could use some improvement, especially with the service, but they’re hiring more people so that’s being taken care of currently. They offer tons of activities and one of my favorites is chair beach ball but my wife loves bingo. They offer other things like ice cream socials, happy hour on Fridays and usually a singer will come in for that. There are different types of clubs that you can join, they have a brand new pool table, and they have ping pong. Overall, you get a good deal for what you pay. We have a maid service and all of the utilities are inclusive of the one price we pay per month. The only thing you would pay extra for is if you decide that you want an outside phone line for your room. I think other people would be happy here too and I totally recommend it.

My Mom is happy here

The Boulevard in St. Charles is a brand new facility that opened in September, 2017. The staff is very welcoming and working hard to make everyone feel welcome. The decorating inside is beautiful and the building is kept spotlessly clean. There are no set times for meals. You can order anytime of day. Activities are fun and a great way to get acquainted with other residents. There is a friendly atmosphere among the residents.

Kind, Helpful Tour

My wife, and I had a nice tour of this community. Everybody we met was kind, and helpful. The community appeared to be well maintained. The staff was cordial, and helpful. They answered our questions, and the experience went well overall. It just wasn't the community for us, and our needs.