Harvester Residential Care - Saint Charles, MO

Inexpensive but with some issues

Harvester Residential is inexpensive but with that have come up some issues. The staff is friendly and my mother does seem to be enjoying the community and its residents. However, there have been some medication issues and she has been forced to go without her necessary medications at times. Unfortunately as well the residency could definitely be kept cleaner than it is.

An interesting concept... did not even know this was a possibility on the 'Care' spectrum. Primarily a housing facility, they have one main large house that the more advanced memory care patrons stay, they own actual homes on the street that house 4 people per house. Representative [Removed] was very nice and helpful, but the main office located in a basement was very unorganized and dirty, many places in the facility needed normal maintenance care, this facility would not be for us, but may be proper for other individuals

A good place!!

They offer daily activities and my brother has been enjoying participating in some of them. He seems to like the food. They keep the community clean. He is very happy living at his community. The staff are nice.

NOT RECOMMENDED!

I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone. My family member was a resident for maybe a few months. We have struggled to get this family member care for years and he was getting along with his roommates and doing semi better at this place. Then Harvester House decided that they did NOT WANT to help him and kicked him out. They did not give any other recommendations for him to get help elsewhere. They simply did NOT want to help someone who needed it and they DO NOT CARE about their residents. Do NOT put a family member in a facility where they do not care about people. Do NOT put a family member in the harvester house.

Review of Harvester Residential Care-Saint Charles, Mo

Oh yuck. We visited and this place is disgusting and stinks. we could hardly get past the front door. It’s a dump.

Everything Is Pretty Good

I think that it is a good place and it is good for the residents, so overall I think everything is pretty good. I do not think the food is as good as they tout it to be though, but they deliver what they say they will. I think that the owner is a very sincere person though and she tries to do the best she can.

Nice little place

I have been to this location several times, it is definitely a family owned place. Residents always seem pretty happy and they have alot of activities. Its is the most affordable place I have found in this area. Food usually smells good, and its pretty clean from what I have seen. The neighborhood atmosphere is very apparent.

The place has a great environment. Has very friendly people to be around not overly packed with people. It's a very organized and sanitary place. Also, the value there is very good. The care services are great. The activities there are wonderful- they keep the people active and keep their day going. This is a great place to have your loved one living at.

Loving, caring affordable residential living

I am so thankful for Harvestor Residential Living. I have referred over a dozen people to this facility and have had excellent feedback. I hear the same thing over and over. The people really do care. I also have had residents talk about how affordable it is for a person on a fixed income. Very loving, caring enviroment.

My mother in law was here for total 2 months. Rooms are small, could use update. She felt talked down to. Items missing. Food not very good. Only helpers I saw at larger home were two young girls. Residents were sweeping floors and answered phone. When we went to pick up some of her things, we were able to walk right in, go to her room and take her purse, clothing, walker and shoes. We walked out, never saw any staff and not one person asked who we were our whose stuff we were taking. Not secure at all. Anyone can walk in. Any resident can walk out. Would not recommend.

The value is very good!

The value is very good! We were very impressed with the community! They’re very caring people, very accommodating, very friendly. It’s really nice. There are very nice activities. My loved one seems to like the food.

Not A Good Fit

I wasn't a horrible place or anything. It just wasn't the kind of environment my mother-in-law would do well in. She has her own home and needs a little bit of her own space. Even though these people had bedrooms, most of the rooms were occupied so we didn't really get to see one. My mother-in-law can't do the stairs either. If that was the only place it wouldn't be bad but we thought we could find a better fit for her. This place seemed kind of dark.

friendly and helpful, the c...

friendly and helpful, the care facility was a little dated. But the cost seemed reasonable. Possible, assisted living in site housing.

First impression of assiste...

First impression of assisted living facility--stinks and too much like a nursing home . People were sitting around in wheelchairs dozing. I left. Went back next day, at the owners request, to see the independent living. Very unique. 3to 5 people share one of 15 neighborhood houses. Very homey. 2 meals a day are boxed at main building (assisted living) and delivered to your house. Each house is set up like a typical house/ home, including things like a gas grill out in the yard.

This was not as nice as some, but I f...

This was not as nice as some, but I feel that my Mom would be more comfortable here because it is more homey and smaller.

3 meals,rooms, not apartment in resid...

3 meals,rooms, not apartment in residential care,meds, independent housing adjacent to main facility get meals,med, chores,MEDICADE,no charge additional

Harvester Residential Care Inc. is dual licensed (Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and Missouri Department of Mental Health) facility that conveniently located in the middle of family oriented residential neighborhood of St. Charles county, with easy access (less than 10-15 minutes) from St. Louis County, St. Charles City, Cities of St. Peters and O'Fallon, and other surrounding areas.