Assisted Living at The Meadowlands - O'Fallon, MO

Horrible

Horrible management, unfriendly,not enough staff

Robyn Studley

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Assisted Living at the Meadowlands. Here, we strive to give every one of our residents and staff a great life. Part of this is always looking for ways to improve. We would love to hear more about our experience with our facility. Please feel free to call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to let us know more about your experience with our community.

Terrible place to live

Not enough staff . Always short of help .
Friendly staff and helpful.
Not enough activities.
Food is ok .
Administration is terrible. Witness how she talks to her employees.
A lot of staff and management left and found new jobs.
Really sad ! Used to be a nice place but not anymore.

Janet Davis

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our community. At The Meadowlands, we believe that everyone deserves a great life. We are also always looking for ways to improve. Please feel free to reach out to us at [removed] to let us know more about your experience.

Bad Place to put your Family In.

I have been looking for sometime for a good place for my mother. I have an Aunt there and I can only visit with her on Fridays and Weekends. I was very happy to see the Catholic Priest there saying Mass and then later working in the Activities along with the Friday party time. Never saw a Priest with so much energy. Meals were OK and that staff really worked hard at meal time trying to get things out for the residents, even with them being short of help.
However I saw a lot of negative things there. Staff on their cell phones all the time, not really caring about the residents. One time my wife and I came in to see our Aunt in the evenings and there was NO Nursing available. We were told they were outside on smoke break. This is not acceptable. I asked one nurse where could I find assistance for my aunt and she said, she did not know and had NO time for me. She was very rude. They should fire her, I know since I own a business I should would.
I could go on but I will not. I have told my Cousins what has happened and they are looking for a new caring facility. I am trying to find out the company who owns them and write them directly, but as all big companies are they would not do anything about it other than raise the rent which they have 3 times on my Aunt. This company is only looking for the money and not the care. I would not put my dog here.
If it was me......I WOULD STAY AWAY from the Meadowlands.

Care and Comfort

I like that this community is caring. The community staff are outstanding with a healthy meals that are servied. They do offer her activities and I like that the staff try and assist her with the small acitivites. I recommend this community for excellent care and a good value to other families.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Good choice for our Aunt

The staff is very helpful at Assisted Living at The Meadowlands. They offer an activities calendar so she knows what going on. They offer a happy hour with live music. She thinks the food states okay and they accommodate her preferences. We chose to move my Aunt here because she was alone and wanted more interaction, she seems to be much happier.

Father's Happy Home

I like the care that is received from this community. The staff really show that they care about all of the residents.s The community is clean and maintained. The menu is very good. They do offer activities for the residents. We would recommend this community to other families for the great care and the value that is received from this wonderful community.

We toured the community. The other residents were not active. They were not able to assist us with what we were needing financially.The community appeared to be clean and activities did not look available at the time of the tour. We suggest other families tour the community for the care of a family member.

A One Level Community

I liked this community when I had my tour. The staff were good to meet and helped us look around the community. They answered our questions and knew what they offered. It was a one level community but overall it was not in a good location for us. The A Place For Mom Information was helpful to have when touring.

Lovely, lovely place. My tour guide Carol was so friendly. She was so respectful of the "neighbors" in the facility.

Many of my family members toured the facility and were very pleased with everything we seen. We didn't see any of the residents engaged other than watching TV and sitting around the Dining table ready for another activity. We must have came to the facility between activities. We did notice that the furniture was old. Otherwise, we were all impressed with the work the staff does with the residents.

It has been amazing!

Mom has done very well since moving to Assisted Living at The Meadowlands. She is having a great time with the variety of activities and outings they offer. She has gone out to Red Lobster, JcPenney, Wal Mart, and other stores. She enjoys playing bingo and making jewelry. Mom is enjoying the variety of delicious meals that they serve. The community is very well maintained and clean throughout.

I Highly Recommend Assisted Living at the Meadowlands

My husband and I have researched many Assisted Living Communities in the St. Louis / O'Fallon Missouri area. We cannot express enough how thrilled we are with The Assisted Living At The Meadowlands in O'Fallon, MO. From the day we moved my mother-in-law into The Meadowlands, every staff member has known her name as well as mine and my husband's name. The staff knew details about my mother-in-laws life. They are extremely helpful and patient with her in dealing with the early Alzheimer's. The activities are daily with a variety of options for the residents. All residents that we have talked to love the facility. We could not be happier. My mother-in-law stated that she has not slept so peacefully in a very long time. She absolutely loves it there. The staff have been wonderful from the Director and Marketing Director down to the staff in the dinning room. Speaking of which, the dinning room is open from 7am until 7pm which was a big selling point. The residents can eat anytime they are hungry, not just set hours. The dinning staff keeps track of when the residents eat and if they see they have only eaten once in the day, they will go knock on the resident's door to see if they would like to eat prior to closing at 7pm. The attention to the residents is wonderful.

Nice but not what we were looking for.

I toured here when I was looking for options. It wasn't a bad place, but it wouldn't have been a good fit for us. It was clean, and the staff were all very nice. It just wasn't quite what we were looking for.

The extra charges are what kept me away.

I almost chose them, but anything you wanted there was an extra charge, and would go up monthly. There were up to 2000 extra dollars worth of charged that could be incurred in a month. Nobody could tell me who made that decision of when you would get charged and for what. They were already the same price as the one I did end up choosing that was all inclusive.

They do a very good job.

They are very nice, they are very good and have lots of help. They do a very good job. They do have a lot of things going on. The food is okay. They were one of the most competitively priced places. The memory care area was a lot larger than the others that had maybe a hallway dedicated to memory. I just can't say enough nice about the place, everyone knows who he is and they can tell us how he's doing. The assisted living side has a dining room where we can order anytime, and we can take him out of the memory care and eat with him, and he gets a change of scenery. Even the memory care dining room is set up like a diner so he can sit at the counter and eat.

I saw this one and it was nice.

I saw this one and it was nice. It was not quite as open as another place I saw. It was a little more expensive, and further away, so we didn't go with this one.

good place

It’s an overall good place to live for a person who has those needs. The food is good. There are outside areas for family members and residents to enjoy. The parking is okay. The best feature is that it’s really clean.

I had to move my mom out and to a different facility

My mother was only in the assisted care portion of the facility for 4 days before they decided that she was agitated and needed to be medicated to calm her down, something I had not noticed on my daily visits. No one at the facility bothered to tell me that they put my mother on a new medication, and the medication they gave her was clearly deemed inappropriate for elderly patients even by the manufacturer. My mom had a very bad reaction to the medication (acutely increased agitation and anxiety, loss of balance and coordination, mood changes, increased memory problems, etc). The staff either did not recognize that these issues were side effects of the drug they gave her (clearly documented possible side effects) or they simply did not monitor her for any side effects. My mom reached a crisis stage before I was told she was on this medication. Once that medication was stopped, she was back to her old self in just a few days.

I have moved my mother out of this facility and into a different one where she is happy, healthy, and thriving, and where the staff does not medicate residents for their own convenience and also keeps family members informed of any and all changes occurring with their loved ones. I just wish we went there first and saved my mother the pain and suffering she endured at The Meadowlands!

A new home for Mom.

Everyone we came in contact with at the Meadowlands have been wonderful. Very compassionate and understanding of what we were going through. They made every step of the way so much easier to handle. And we have seen nothing but kindness and caring with all of the residents. The place is close, homey, like your family.

Thank you so much for referring us to...

Thank you so much for referring us to Meadowlands in O'Fallon, MO. We are so happy with how well mom has transitioned. The director at Meadowlands was very helpful to our family and directed us to other professionals who has helped us tremendously. I feel so great knowing that she is in a great place and getting the care she needs.

Best Assisted Living in St. Charles County

We visited 5 different assisted living facilities and found The Meadowlands reached our needs. The workers are so nice and friendly and they really care for the residence. I drop by several different times of the week and have meet nearly all of the employees, they all seem to really care and call the residence by their names, sort of like an extended family.

Very nice. Open floorplan, ...

Very nice. Open floorplan, large apt. Limited menu, but great hours

Nice Place (Not Cheap)

My mother-in-law is doing pretty good. She was in the regular part but they just put her in the memory unit recently. It's clean and nice but it's not as spacious and not as luxurious as the assisted living side. I don't think she's real wild about it. It's more structured and there are more do things as a group in the memory care. The people are really nice. It's not real cheap but it's real nice!

They are very personable and friendly...

They are very personable and friendly. They seem like they really care. It is more of a big family feeling than a business. I felt comfortable there. The dining area for the assisted living area is more like a restaurant than a cafeteria. They have a great variety of food. Even the memory care unit has 2 choices for eating. I love that they have a full Mass every Friday. That is important.

Needs More Staff

I think that they need to have more staff for the number of people in the memory care unit. I know the ratio of caregivers to residents is meeting the basic state requirements and is probably better than many other places, but still, it just seems to me they don't have enough people to attend to the multiple needs of all the residents always in a timely fashion. They have a good number of staff, but I would have liked to see one or two more on any given shift. For what people are paying to have their loved one there, it seems that "more than 'adequate' staff" should be provided. I just don't see how that many people with dementia can be carefully monitored, with superior-quality care, unless there is a slightly higher ratio of staff-to-residents.

I'm aware there's probably some kind of cost issue (competitiveness with other facilities) going on. I just wish all facilities would not scrimp so much on their staff.

Very friendly

I visited several all facilities and chose Assisted Living at the Meadowlands because of its location and hardworking staff. The staff is very compassionate and care about their residents. The place and attractive and decorated nicely, has a warm feel.

Pefect fit for my mom!

Assisted Living at the Meadowlands was a perfect fit for my mom. She wanted hardwood floors instead of carpeting, and she really likes the landscaped grounds that she has a nice view of from her place. She also liked that they have 7am-7pm meal offerings, there's no set time which is more convenient.

Our favorite so far. Has everything ...

Our favorite so far. Has everything we are looking for. Concerned about additional cost for "levels of care". Uncle to do a "Day Care" day there tomorrow to get more exposure to the facility.

Providing exceptional, loving and healing care to seniors.

Our residents are invited to enjoy their days with friends and hobbies instead of filling them with everyday chores and hassles. Our vibrant, charming community offers privacy, comfort and safety with thoughtful amenities and a wide selection of first-rate services to meet residents’ needs and exceed their expectations.

Mealtimes are a time of social gathering and enjoyment for our residents. It is also one of the main reasons seniors choose to move into senior communities, which is why our innovative All Day Dining will allow them the variety and choice they need to feel the most independent. Our meals will be chef-prepared and of the highest quality - no more boring, institutional cafeteria-style food.

The Meadowlands is inspired by local charm and designed with cutting-edge innovations in senior living. The community is surrounded by lush courtyards and grounds. It is across the street from T.R. Hughes Ballpark and minutes from shopping, area conveniences and medical centers.