Windsor Estates of St. Charles - Saint Charles, MO

Grandmas last breath

Our grandma was in skilled nursing, lots of bad communication between social worker and staff. Nurses do not respond on urgency for patients that are very ill. If you have love one that you think needs more personnel care don't use this facility. Laundry facility on premise lost a lot of her belongings too. When trying to talk to or get info.from office personnel, they don't return calls efficiently. Aides are very slow, and not present for help. Have to always go get someone when need help with patient or any question.

Not a Good Place for your Loved One

My Mother has lived in the assisted living here for almost two years. The care is not good. The apartments are not cleaned well (especially the bathroom), trash has been overflowing, medications have been mixed up, call button is hit and miss, sometimes she only gets one shower a week, her laundry is mixed up with others resulting in lost clothing, the staff don't seem to stay long even the head nurse , doctor and directors have changed often. We are moving my mother as soon as we can.
We are a family who visits almost every day. I wonder how those who don't have family checking in daily are treated? Please don't place your loved one here. We regret that we did.

Review for Windsor of St. Charles

[removed] MY poor Grandmother is not being respected in this "pretty on the outside", renovated Facility. My dear, very elderly Grandma has fallen on several occasions in her "assisted" living apartment. She wears a call button around her neck. But guess what?! When she pushed it... the battery was dead! My precious grandma lay there for who knows how long until someone happened by!! Grandmas trash cans are constantly left to overflow, the apartment is not cleaned thoroughly and sometimes not at all! What REALLY makes me MAD is that I was informed today by a local family member that she has NOT HAD A BATH in a WEEK! I believe the animal shelter down the street takes better care of their furry residents ! This CANNOT continue! She lovingly cared for us in our growing up years and she gets this in return! We need a thorough investigation of this place. I will be contacting a local tv station TODAY to get the word out about the incompetence of this place!

Got An Insight Of The Community

My brother went to the tour with my dad and they had a good tour. The staff were ready and very helpful and friendly to them. This was not the right place because they did not have a big enough pathway to walk through.

Strong Odor!!

There was a strong odor in the community when you walk in. It has to do a lot with their older carpets they need to put new carpets. I would not recommend a tour of this place. The tour guide was nice and showed me the bedrooms that had a good space to them and the dinning room that was fairly organized. I liked the layout of it but i didn't feel this was the right place for my loved one.

They were doing remodeling when I visited.

This community is farther away than the community we chose. The buildings seemed hard to navigate. In my opinion I think this would be better for more independent residents. There did not seem to be a lot of interaction between the residents and staff.

Work In Progress

So everything is working out pretty well for my father here at this community. It is a nice and clean community. The staff is kind and friendly. They are willing to work with us to find a care plan that fits his level of care he needs. It is a work in progress.

The communication at Windsor Estates is great!!!!

This is not a ritzy community but it it offers a comfortable feel to it. My Father in law is currently on a special diet and he enjoys the food. The community seems pretty clean and the building is well maintained. They offer 2 activities a day and since he is not currently participating they make sure gets out of his room and goes for walks in a lockdown outside area.

Grandma Is In Good Hands

My grandmother is doing just fine. They are caring for her very well. It is a very good looking community, they do very good job with the cleanliness. The staff is very good, they have big very helpful and responsive to my concerns. She is trying a few activities. The food is excellent, she likes the meals. I know she is safe and in good hands. I would recommend it.

Review of Windsor Estates Of St. Charles-Saint Charles, MO

My dog Heidi and I love it here. I have been able to make a lot of friends, and everyone is very nice.

Review of Windsor Estates Of St. Charles-Saint Charles, MO

It is so nice to have my meals prepared for me, and the food is always good. I like that my doggies can be here with me too. It is prefect for us.

Review of Windsor Estates Of St. Charles-Saint Charles, MO

We enjoy living here. This is our home. We admit there is always something to be done and improvements to me made. We like the staff, knowing they put up with a lot. Friends and neighbors are a vital part of life. The park is close by and affords us peace and quiet.

Review of Windsor Estates Of St. Charles-Saint Charles, MO

Windsor is such a lovely place. The people here are very friendly and the staff is great. Elsle and I are really happy here.

My dog Heidi and i love it here.I have been able to make a lot of friends,and everyone is very nice.

It is so nice to have my meals prepared for me and the food is always good.I like that my doggies can be here with me too.It is perfect for us

We enjoy living here.This is our home with references of a good home.We admit there is always something to be done and improvements to be made.we like the staff,knowing they put up with a lot.Friends and neighbor are a vital part of life.The park is close by and affords us peace and quiet.

Windsor is such a lovely place.The people here are very friendly and the staff is great . Elsce and I are really happy here.

the real story

Independent residents are on there own. if your loved on falls or gets hurt there will be no help for them. as far as skilled nursing they are under staffed and many times left alone or not supervised properly. what this place really needs is spot inspections. when state inspectors come all staff gets mandatory called in. management is instructed to be there before state arrives and stay until they leave. giving the impression that there is more care than there really is.
as soon as state leaves it is back to "business as usual"
the lack of compassion and indifference is appalling.
it is all about the bottom dollar.

Unbelievable/Unexplainable

I just got word that my Grandmother fell in her apartment today. The only reason I was advised was due to my Uncle calling to check on her. She informed him that she had fallen and had been crying out for help for over an HOUR PLUS!! The only way she was 'noticed' was due to another resident that happened to walk by and hear her cries for help. (God bless that individual!) My complaint continues: not only was she not attended to in a timely matter, but after her fall not one emergency contact was notified of her fall. Further more-she was not given any medical treatment. During her phone conversation with my mother and Uncle she is still complaining of hip and shoulder pain! When each of them tried to reach out to the staff (on numerous/separate occasions) not a phone was answered. How can this be explained?!?!

Great place

Windsor Estates is a great place. They have great events and activities. There apartment is really spacious and they do a great job of cleaning it. The food is really good and reasonably priced. They also are very good at taking my parents to their doctor appointments. My dad is enjoying playing cards and my mom loves the craft room so she can paint. They are finally starting to adjust after 8 weeks. I also like that they can go from independent living to assistant living and that they have a memory care and skilled nursing. They can basically live there the rest of their lives without having to move to a different facilities.

Major communication issues and awful management. They refuse to answer or acknowledge simple questions, despite legal obligations. Unbelievably, rude staff but its a revolving door for employee and ownership so go figure. ....... avoid at all costs.

Jeana Klenc

2016/February - Since our management change in November 2015, various positive improvements have been made. We are here to meet with residents and family members daily and are available each day to address any concerns. We have made great improvement in our efforts to meet with each resident pro-actively, as well as family members. With the support of our new ownership, we are committed to improving past experiences. Thank you

Don't do it!!

If you are moving in to the indecent apartments, you will be fine. My mother-in-law was a resident there for over a year and was good. Since then, she had surgery and was admitted into Carrington's Rehab/Skilked nursing. The Rehab employees are great, but they are contracted and not employees by Carrington. The nursing care she received was horrible. Multiple medication errors, forgetting to feed her before going to dialysis, not getting her to dialysis, forgetting to give her missed meds while at dialysis, and many more problems. With less than a week notice, we were told she was to be released from rehab, so she would need a place to go. Since her memory has declined we opted to place her in their memory care unit, where we were assured things would be better because the nurse had less patients and didn't have to always help people up and down like in rehab. Well she has been there two weeks now, and we found that she hasn't had a shower, and is supposed to twice a week, although they wrote in the shower log that she has had one. They missed getting her to dialysis on time, over 1.5 hours late, and only because the dialysis center called. They couldn't find my mother-in-law supposedly for the second appt. do yourself a huge favor, go elsewhere.

Jeana Klenc

2016/February - Our rehab staff is employed by us since our management change in November 2015. Various other positive improvements have also been made.

Beware!

My mother has had very rude and harsh treament in assisted living. There have been many mistakes made with her meds. Warning do not place your loved ones here.

It's a great value.

It's a great value. The apartments in the facility are very nice. It's a good location. The facility is a little dated and older. Overall, my parents are happy. It was a good choice and it worked out well. Everything has been really good. The parking is excellent. Everyone there is very friendly. I would recommend the Carrington Place of St. Charles to anyone. I am very pleased with everything so far.

I am happy so far.

I am happy so far. I think that they will be happy eventually too, it's a big move and a tough transition. It's an excellent facility. It's clean, and the neighborhood is good too. If five is the best I would give them a five so far.

My mother is receiving inadequate care in the "newly remodeled" assisted living unit. When she need help in the night the aide will promise to send the nurse but does not. They have made numerous mistakes with her medication including trying to double medicate her, not giving her meds for two days and applying a cream to her skin that had an ingredient that is on her allergy alert list. We have ha a lot of promised from the director to improve her care but it has not happened.

Jeana Klenc

Mom is very comfortable and feels safe. Everyone has shown her respect and concern while encouraging her to remain independent.

Jeana Klenc

Thank you - it's our pleasure to have her, and you as part of our family.

I sent my mother to a nursing home because she could not take care of herself. Since Carrington has taken over they are not taking care of her either. Missed meds, other patient meds. unreported falls. If this sounds like what you want for your loved one this is your place. When I put my mother there, it was Parkside Manor, a beautful caring home where I knew everyone on staff, Carrington (out of Florida) took over and fired all the caring people replacing them with half the staff. For the sake of your loved ones bypass this home.

Very Clean

The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the people that work with the residents do a great job. Happy with Carrington Place. Would recommend to anyone.

Nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall this place seemed nice enough, and the staff were friendly and professional. However, we did not feel it would be the best fit for our loved one.

Changing and improving

My mother has been in Carrington (assisted living) since July. I live a long distance away.
During her move in there was some confusion about the policy of what she could have in her room. That was corrected. At first, when she would fall I was not notified. That has been corrected. She injured herself in a fall and the wound was not properly cared for until I specifically inquired. That was corrected. I was double billed one month and that has yet to be resolved.

My impression is that this is a facility going through MAJOR renovations, that the facilities are being drastically improved, that the staff is trying to keep up and that, with time, things will shake out quite well.
I do not know about the other sections of care, but the staff seems solid and dependable. I think it will be a much improved facility in a few more months.

They were really kind, and good, and wonderful.

They were really kind, and good, and wonderful. They were not good with difficult behaviors. They did a good job with communication, and letting us know what was going on. We loved it and the people were nice, it just wasn't a good fit for us. We also weren't aware that it wasn't a locked down memory care facility. They went the extra mile, the first day or two the transition was rough, and they went out of their way to get to know him.

Save your loved one and go elsewhere.

On multiple occasions I have been horrified by how my loved one is (not) cared for adequately. On one occasion she fell out of her wheelchair and was not found for several hours. Once when we came to visit, she was struggling to breathe and was nearly unconscious because of a completely empty oxygen tank. The next time we visited, she was again struggling to breathe, again because of an empty oxygen tank. For several months she has been struggling with incontinence, and has been having minor accidents on the carpet of her room. Although there was solid waste clearly visible on the carpet, the staff would not send anyone in to clean it. My loved one has been struggling with open sores on parts of her body for quite some time, which have not received adequate cleaning or care from staff. One time, staff helped her to the toilet to use the bathroom, and forgot about her. She was sitting there without anyone to help her up for more than an hour. If these reasons do not alarm any prospective clients, I don't know what will. We would like to get her moved from there, and are in the process of locating a better facility. Do not trust their PR/touring personnel. Everything changed once she became a resident.

Help was there when I needed it

I am very impressed with Carrington Place and am so glad I was referred to it. It was the only place that had openings at the time I needed it and am very glad my mom ended up there. The staff has been great from the very beginning. We didn't know what to expect in the way of assisted living and my mom was having problems with living at my house. It was a very hard decision to make but my husband and I felt she needed much more care than we could give her. At first she hated me for putting her there but she has been there for over a month now and I feel she is part of a community and she actually likes it (but would never admit it to me, of course). I thank A Place for Mom for helping me out when I needed it.

They are doing okay.

They are doing okay. Nobody is perfect, but they are clean and friendly, and they do a good job. I chose it because I liked the set up there a little better, the hallways were a little wider, and it was a little more open. It was in a good location for me, and they offer the whole range of care from independent to skilled nursing.

Tour scheduled, very impers...

Tour scheduled, very impersonal. Little information about activities; had to ask vs be given information thru tour. Atmosphere cold, hospital setting with no home-feel in any area. We were not shown room accommodations. Only information given to bring home to think about was small price list. Left confused due to many acronyms used that we didn't understand.

We visited twice and were v...

We visited twice and were very impressed. In fact if a room was available we would be signing Mom in for one. We worked with Judy Jacks but everyone was terrific. Steve K.

Grueling Mental Exam for Memory Care

The food was very good. Even the nursing home part shared the same menus and people just love the food there. We had a meal in their guest dining room and it was very, very good. They had assited living too. It wasn't very big. The one draw back that I saw there is before they will admit somone to their memory care they do a mental exam but they won't let the family be present for it. I was only supposed to last maybe 20 minutes and they were in there with my father for an hour and a half and they still weren't done. It was really grueling for him. Parkside is for early to medium stages of dementia and my dad didnt qualify and he felt really bad, like he flunked. The whole thing was just really depressing after that. He understood that he hadn't done well so he was depressed and I didn't want to put him though that again.

PARKSIDE REALLY INPRESSED US!

PARKSIDE REALLY INPRESSED US!

Located in St. Charles, MO, Windsor Estates provides an affordable, high quality living environment to the senior population. Windsor accomplishes this by emphasizing a high level of independence within all aspects of care by offering services and programs which support the physical, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of each individual.. This is not your average retirement home! Established in 1977, Parkside Retirement Living now Windsor Estates, offers a unique program for their residents that allows them to move through a series of care levels, from the starter retirement apartment to a 24hr. skilled nursing healthcare facility. These varying levels of care can all be provided by the same location as the resident ages and their needs change. Another wonderful, unique benefit available only at WIndsor is their indoor Main Street/Market. Similar to an indoor mall, Main Street offers residents a variety of shops and services without having to actually leave the facility! These amenities include The Club, a bar with pool table and other games, an indoor fitness facility, and even a beauty/barber shop. This is truly a facility that has thought of everything for their valued residents.