Atria Menifee Valley - Sun City, CA

Atria take over

We lived in this facility when Atria took over from Brookdale. We were satisfied with living there for over 2 years but there were some problems, staffing was inadequate and the food was not always up to par. So were excited when Atria took over. It has managed the facility since [date removed] and our living conditions steadily improved. Manager [name removed] seems to have a good handle on how to manage. They are now fully staffed and have hired an experienced chef with an excellent resume who will start on [date removed]. The activities are many, the pool is fully heated with aquatic activities scheduled. We look forward to spending our senior years at Atria and wish them much success. [names removed]

Doing Very Well

My sister has settled in very well here. She is very happy and doing well. She is doing some of the actives that they offer. We are very pleased with the care she is receiving everything seems to be going wonderfully. The staff has been great. We really appreciate everything everyone has done for us during this process.

Not our first choice!

My wife and I looked at Brookdale Cherry Hills. The tour guide was friendly and helpful, but it was not what we were looking for at the time.

No Complaints!!

I have no complaints about the stay my parents have been having so far at this community. The staff where very accommodating on helping them get adjusted into there new living environment. They have a great dinning experience as well as activities for the residents throughout the week which I have been impressed with. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone who is interested.

Very nice place!

Everyone at the Brookdale Cherry Hills was very friendly. The place was clean and we loved everything bout it. It was close to our home. My mother ended up choosing another community for personal preference, but there was nothing wrong with this one.

One of our favorite tours!!

This was one of my favorite tours out of all the different communities that we had looked at for my mom. The property was beautiful and very well maintained with lots of great amenities for all of the residents to enjoy. They also had a great selection of apartments available with reasonable pricing that impressed us. They just did not have a close enough smoking section for my mother and she is not very mobile so it would be to far for her to get back and forth.

Grandma is Happy here.

My grandmother is doing very well. We love that she is getting great care by the great staff. They have a community that is always very clean. The activities are great for her. We highly recommend this community for others.

Satisfied With This Community

Everything is working out very well for me here. It is a very nice and clean facility. They do serve good meals, I'am satisfied with the food. They offer many activities for the residents through the week. The staff is very kind and helpful. This is a community I would recommend.

Very un caring people

I give this facility one star if that. I totally 100% agree with the review on here about how the ones families mother was treated. I wish I would have investigated this facility more before bringing my mom here only to be treated like a dog. She went and also after losing her home and had some of her wits about her as well but as soon as she started getting a little bit of dementia they quickly wanted to kick her out with no notice even though all of those people in there have dementia. The way they went about things was atrocious they were the most uncaring uncompassionate people I have ever met but when we were moving in of course they wanted to take my mother's money and they were super super super nice I find it disgusting the level of care that my mother was giving I have her now in Murrieta Gardens and so far they seem to be caring and compassionate. I would not recommend this facility and I am going to put them under investigation

heating system issues

They have had trouble with the heating and their still working on it. Some of the apartments did not have heat in them so that's an issue. The warmth and friendliness of some of the staff is lacking.

Non compassionate facility

I would not recommend this facility. The director [name removed] was extremely rude and the nurse [name removed] I did not care for her attitude as well. My mom came to the facility after losing her home and her car and was very depressed. She did not adjust well to this type of living situation as she still has her wits about her and knows what's going on. I feel as if the staff did not give her a chance to get settled in it had only been 2 months and they had asked her to leave because they felt that she was not able to live there because she was getting some slight dementia. But when we took her to the doctor he said that she just had mild cognitive impairment. And she was extremely upset due to this big big change. She is doing amazing right now 90% better and they are still asking her to leave although so many people in this facility
have dementia and they keep them there. I do not care for the way they treated my mother and I did not care for the rudeness and unprofessionalism on their part. I would not recommend this facility. When I call to ask about my bill [name removed] was extremely rude to me and told me she would have the billing lady [name removed] call me and she never did. I cannot wait to move my mother out of this facility and find one where the people that work there have compassion not just act like they do.

My mom loves it there

Brookdale Cherry Hills is a very nice place. My mom loves it there and that means everything. Everybody is really nice there. It has just been an all around good experience. It is a good facility. I have no complaints.

Very nice

The facility is very nice, but they are understaffed. Only one care giver can come at some times. In order to transfer safely they should bring 2.

good experience

My mother is really loving it at Brookdale Cherry Hills. Any time I go there she is always out doing something. She is very active and engaged in the community. She loves the food there as well. It has been a really good experience.

Excellent!!

I have checked out a few and this one was the best. This was also the most affordable. It is also close to my family. The area is very clean. They even have a chef. They have a menu that you can choose from. They also can take you to church. They clean your apartment and do your laundry. They have really bent over backwards. They have worked with me every one inch. Melissa and Mona have been awesome. They have helped me so much. They are such nice people.

The community is very good.

The community is very good, nothing is perfect. The facility is very clean and the residents and staff are very friendly.

very impressed

I really think the good thing about Cherry Hills Club is that they strive to learn the residents names right off the bat and really get to know them, which makes the residents feel good and right at home.

We have also been impressed with the food there which is very good.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. They couldn't get a better recommendation from anyone else. It's clean, and the food is very good. The staff if very friendly. They are very responsive to his needs, or whatever he wants. I have no complaints, I am very happy with them.

closest to Phil. pendant a...

closest to Phil. pendant alert system included w/gps. 2450-2675 1bdrm. increases every January. pay own cable and phone. comm. fee 1 mths rent.

I can't thank Gail ( a place for mom)...

I can't thank Gail ( a place for mom)enough for helping us find the right place for dad. Cherry Hills is wonderful . Everyone both staff and residents are so friendly and helpful.

Nice looking place, and a friendly staff

Cherry Hills Club has been a very nice place for my loved one, so far! It's a very nice looking facility, the staff are very friendly, and they do a great job taking care of everyone. The one thing I'd like to see them improve is that, although they have quite a lot of activities, many of them are too complex for some residents to participate in.

Just fair

I haven’t been here very long so it’s really hard to rate, but it could be better.

They were beautiful, affordable, and truly amazing!

We really liked it. They have a little disc that they put in front of the residents outside door at night, and it doesn't let the residents know that they are being watched but they can tell if a resident comes out of the room or not, and know to check on them. There is no easy way to get from San Clemente to them. They were beautiful, affordable, and truly amazing! If it wasn't for the location I would have pursued it more. They offered full range from independent to Alzheimers, and they don't have separate wings, so you didn't have to move apartments if your care needs increased.

THE ONE SHE CHOSE....

We toured or visited 13 other facilities, before SHE decided on going back to re-visit The Cherry Hills Club.

FIRST impressions upon Investigation:
Safe, Bright, Cheery, Friendly Folks (both employed and living there), lovely Clean Grounds, Delicious Food with Lovely Smiling Servers, Professional Nursing Staff, No Permanent Bad Smells, Beautiful Vistas, Adequate Airy Floor Plans, Affordable Pricing, Ability to Age "In Situ".

SECOND Impressions after 4 Weeks:
ALL of the Above Plus.

It's been good.

It's been good. They are clean and friendly. The food is very good. I really can't complain about anything, they are very good. The grounds are nice and they are pet friendly, which is why I chose them over others I saw.

Affordable and Good Value

It's affordable. That's one of things we like most about it and besides that it's the best value for the money that we found that's out there. Everyone can always improve but I can't think of anything in particular that they should work on. It's good.

Too far of a drive from my ...

Too far of a drive from my residence. Nice facility, cat okay.

Disgusted with Them!

When we moved her in there they were really great and then they got sold to Brookdale and they kicked her out because they said she couldn't participate in her own care. I was extremely disgusted with them. When we signed up we understood that she could stay there to the end of her life and now we've hear that they've kicked several people out. It smelled, they were not keeping it up and she started falling because they were supposed to be giving her blood pressure medication and checking her blood pressure. They were not checking her blood pressure and were giving her the medication with out checking it.

No Complaints!

Everything is very nice. They come in and clean everything on schedule. It's all working really well. The staff are wonderful! My husband is diabetic and he needs somone to monitor his insulin four times a day and they do that on schedule. The nurses are efficient and polite. We don't participate in the activites much but they're certianly availalbe. People have a variety of choices. We like it a lot and are very happy. No complaints at all!

independent .. apartment ro...

independent .. apartment room size is small.

OK, but not overly impressed.

OK, but not overly impressed.

lunch with Director and mom. Rooms ar...

lunch with Director and mom. Rooms are very nice with good size bath and closet and small kitchenette. Balcony or patio space. Seems to have all the bells and whistles I think mom would like. Grounds are very green with lots of trees and plantings. The only draw back I see is the lack of a Memory Care Facality on the grounds. This means that mom would have to be moved at a later date. Food was excellent as mother's appatite showed. Mom still likes the place and the room. We did see another room, but no patio. Mom perfers the 1st room she saw. Mom wants to go forward with move.

Cherry Hills Club provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.