Sun City Gardens - Sun City, CA

Nice facility we have just decide to keep her home with us for now. Thank you

Care and comfort

I like the care from this community. The staff are attentinve and caring to her needs. The menu offers alot of healthy meals and I like knowing that she is involved with the activities that they offer to help the residents. I would recommend this community for the care of a loved one

So Pleased With Our Choice

Mom is doing better since moving her here. Her quality of life has improved. She is going down to the dining hall to eat and improve her socialization. She has made some friends there and likes to visit them. The staff is wonderful very nice and helpful. Housekeeping does a wonderful job mom gets her room done once a week and we have never had an issue. The landscaping is lovely very nice gardens outside. From the highway, you would never know this was an assisted living community the outside appearance is less to be desired.

Was Not Pleased With This Community

This was not a good place to tour. As soon as you walked in the door it smelled of urine. The overall staff that we met seemed to be nice. However, the director of the community was not consistent with the information we were given. On the tour, he would have given us one price but then when we went back and had changed the price and then denied that we were ever given the original pricing. It didn't really matter because the prices were out of budget range in any regard. WE would not recommend this community.

The First Community For Me

The move for me has been fine and the community is a good place. I appreciate A Place For Mom for find this community for me. Since I don't have anything to compare them with it, I think the people living here and the staff are wonderful. However, the meals are not good. I lacks the freshness because it is cooked before it comes into the community. I believe that is typical for retirement communities and it's a change for me but it doesn't make you sick.

Nice Staff!!

I had recently taken a look at this community for my mother for possible future living arrangements and I have to say it was not my favorite. I did think the staff where kind and professional throughout our visit of the facility. I did not like how dark everything was and how old the place was. The carpet and walls needed updating as well as the bedrooms. It was just very out of date and I do not think that my mom would ever live at this place with the condition it was in.

Clean, but very old. Used to be apartments in 60's.

Excellent care!

This is the best place ever! Everything my Advisor from A Place for Mom said about this community was 100 percent accurate. I tell everybody about the place. It is less expensive than others in the area and the care is excellent.

Good fit but could use some improvements

The staff care is not consistent. Sometimes there is enough people sometimes there isn't. I understand my mother is not the only resident and they usually respond pretty quickly. They do offer activities but she doesn't partake in them.Sometimes she likes the food but not always. We chose this community because it is close to my house.

Great care for dad

We are very happy with the staff.The community is clean and taken care of very nicely. The food has gotten better for him since he moved into the community. He offers a lot of different activities and he is happy to participate. He was recommended to come here to live. we would recommend the care that is given here at this community to other families and the good value.

Not to impressed with staff organization!!

I was disappointed when I had taken time out of my day to go on a tour of this community for my mother and when I had arrived they did not have anyone there available to give my loved one and I a tour. They had forgotten about our appointment and had asked us to come back an hour later. The staff did try and reach out to us to try and make it right but at the point I had already decided on another facility.

Its going well...

Things have been going well since my loved one made the move to the Sun City Gardens. He's doing okay from what I 've seen. The only complaint I've heard him have so far is that he doesn't like the food. The place is very clean from what I've seen on my visits. Most of the time when I visit, he is in his room. He sometimes goes on walks but hasn't joined any activities. The staff is nice, they give him his medication, help him with showers, and cleaning his apartment. He's happy.

Adjusting

Together as a family, we are still adjusting to this community. Overall we are pleased with the situation, but I do have my concerns. My mother has developed an infection, and the way the nurse's are handling it I do question. We are checking into some other places, but hopefully with some time things improve.

My Husband's Care

My husband was very happy here. The staff was great and very helpful.. The community is very clean and taken care of. I would recommend this community to other families.

Super Impressed!

The staff really impressed me here. I love that they are all so helpful and understanding and willing to go above and beyond. The community is always kept clean and neat. They also provide transportation for my loved one to get around. The price is great and would fit any budget. The food is good and they have a variety of options for my loved one to choose from. i would most defiantly recommend them to friends and family.

Good choice

I was skeptical at first, but my mother loves this facility. It connects her with many others her age and encourages her to mingle and socialize. The cost isn't huge for what they offer, and the staff and management seem genuinely interested in the residents.

My mom was in memory care. It was the worst place ever..it smelled the residents were not allowed to walk the grounds ( which my mom was a walker) unless staff went with them which was Very rare. There were so many other things I just would really think about this place. If u use them make sure you do frequent n random checks !!!!!

Sun City Gardens gets my recommendation!!!

My grandma is doing well since moving into this community. She seems to like the food. The community is clean and she likes to participate in numerous activities. The staff are pretty nice and accommodating.

This felt like home.

Sun City Gardens was my first stop in looking at places for my brother. I should have gone with my immediate feeling and saved myself a lot of time looking at other places.

Sun City Gardens has a very warm feeling from the beginning. The managers and people who work there are so friendly and helpful.

I was impressed with how things looked everywhere and it smelled good. The gardens are lovely. Very relaxing.

It's been kind of a rough adjustment.

It's been kind of a rough adjustment. The head nurse seems to be adjusting to a new position on her end and this is a new adjustment for us as well. Sometimes they miss cleaning the rooms, but for the most part they do it once a week. There are a lot of growing pains going on. Overall the staff treats her very well. She actually likes the food, there are times it's not her favorite, but overall it's pretty good.

Very Helpful

They were just helpful the whole time and have catered to my dad, anything he has wanted. The location was exactly what we wanted, we are only a couple miles away. The only disadvantage is my dad is in one building and the dining room is another, but they will bring the food to him if he can't get it himself.

A place for dad

I found sun city gardens to be a good value for modest income, pleasant atmosphere. People are helpful, friendly, including staff and residence. There are activities for the seniors, most important, interactions with other for seniors. Private rooms are spacious and bright. Spacious grounds for strolling or lounging.

They weren't very proactive.

They didn't think things through. They weren't very proactive. Someone had an emergency, and instead of coming to unlock the door for the paramedics, to let them in, they just had them bust the door down. I know my loved one didn't like living here.