Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care - Surprise, AZ

Review of Chapparral Winds

I have been here since December 2014, a necessary move which turned out to be a good one. We are all a big happy (most of the time) family. Personnel is great, all kinds of activities, tours, entertainment to keep your life from being boring.

Review of Chapparral Winds

Excellent in all aspects: Marketing & explanation of services, Move in of relative services including personal care, dining, other assisted living services up until the passing of our family member on 9/21/18.

Review of Chapparral Winds

My mother lived at Chaparral Winds for 15 years - 13 in independent living & 2 in assisted living. It was a wonderful place for her to live. The residents were welcoming. But the best aspect was the staff. Especially when she moved into assisted living. Staff was so kind & provided wonderful care all the way to the end of her life.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

This property is deteriorating and crumbling because of the aging during the past fifteen years. That being said, it is a property that is stellar and prime because of its location. To me, business sense would lead me to believe in renovation and refurbishing inside and outside. It already has a stable residency. Rather than purchasing new property and putting up new centers-redo this one. Maintenance and housekeeping should be the highest paid staff. Then comes food quality. Management should be cheerful and friendly; consistently, daily. New residents should not be dropped after move-in. We have a super resident community here. Interaction of staff and residents should be an everyday occurrence.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

We lived here a number of years with many changes. Some good, some not as good. Quite a number of changes in employees over the years. Including head staff, maintenance, cleaning people, and a large turnover in kitchen staff and dining room servers. We are most satisfied with the facility except the TV service is not the best.

Tony

Carefully made choice to move here three years ago. Close to my former church, friends, and neighbors. The right move because our apartments are comfortable, the meals are good, close to medical needs, and most important, the people living with us have become good friends. I teach a bible study on Sunday afternoons which keeps me focused on people and my mind a little on life's important issues. My wife likes it here and so do I.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

The apartments and casitas of Chaparral Winds provide a very warm and comfortable place to live. They feel like real houses and residents are allowed to paint, change flooring, and make other small changes in their own taste. The staff is wonderful, friendly, and helpful. Due to understaffing and a few minor problems in the dining room, I can't quite give 5 stars, but they are close.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

This is an older community. Not kept up as should be. The manager is not friendly. Very important to make the residents feel like it is their home. Food is not always good. Maintenance men work very hard but do no stay for some reason. I'm happy at Chaparral but I'm a positive person and make the best of things that need attention. Life is good to me.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

I have been here for six and a half years. The first three years were an A+ because of the food, dining room, P.R., front desk, office, etc. The last three years it's been a C- for food, cleanliness, dining room, P.R., cleanliness, etc.

It is a "homey" size community and residents are like family. It could be better because it was!

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

It is friendly, clean, and I don't have to cook! Very helpful in response for repair request. I am happy to refer!

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

The staff here is wonderful, however, they could use more maintenance men. The housekeepers do wonderful work and so do the servers in the dining room. The marketing lady is wonderful and she is available to help with any problems we have.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

This is a great community to live in. The people are extra nice and friendly. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The building and grounds are clean. There is plenty of entertainment of various types to keep you busy. For me, it is a home away from home.

Review of Chaparral Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care

Nice location but a bit too far for my parents. [name removed] was very informative. Facility clean and staff seemed friendly.

Debbie Miller

Thank you for your kind comments.

Stuff Was Disappearing

My mom used to live there but we had issues there. They took care of her there but there was stuff that kept disappearing. And I don't think it was just disappearing. Stuff was beings stolen so I had to make that unfortunate decision to move her out.