Orchard Pointe Assisted Living - Surprise, AZ

Orchard Pointe Assisted Living - a great find!

My 90 year old mother moved to Orchard Pointe after my father passed away and she could no longer live by herself. The facility is kept very clean; the staff goes above and beyond to ensure every need is met for her. I am impressed with the number of activities that keeps her so busy every day. My mother is very satisfied with the 3 meals a day which is served in a nice dining room with wait staff. I would encourage anyone looking for an assisted living facility to visit Orchard Pointe. I am thrilled that we found a facility where she is so happy.

Don't Go to Orchard Point

My husband and I stayed at Orchard Point from [dates removed]. It was awful, therefore we were just there for 7 long weeks, and out of there everyday for a minimum of 6 or 7 hours.
It became extremely expensive because the food was inedible. I once asked for 2 slices of french toast and they give me one slice cut in half! So, in addition to being forced to pay for 6 meals daily, we had to buy food and eat out a lot.
The caregivers were, by and large, sullen, and took forever to get to assist my husband. We were told the staff knew how to use a hoyer lift -- they didn't, my husband had to show each and every person multiple times. They were careless with how they put in the seat to the wheelchair, and because he was paralyzed he didn't feel that it was in wrong and so got 3 huge and horrendous bedsores, which became infected and contributed to his death.
The management yessed us to our face, and did nothing to help the situation when we complained. I give this place a MINUS 10 stars.

Wonderful Place!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going for him. The staff have been absolutely amazing to him and I have been comfortable with the care he has been receiving. He loves his apartment and is able to have his TV as loud as he wants it. He has made such great improvements that we think he will be able to come home at the end of the month. I am thankful for this place and would recommend it to anyone interested.

Very Happy Here

Dad is doing fine he has settled in nicely. He is doing activities and enjoying any social hours they have. He is getting along with the other residents and the staff. The staff is friendly and nice very interactive with all residents. He is enjoying the food very good. The location of the community is perfect close to family.

A good tour

I did not like the size of the apartments when I visited. They had a small living room with a window seat for your guests to use. The community was clean and the people I met were nice.

Nice Facility!!

I have no complaints about how things had went for our tour of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan as well as the other amenities they had for the residents throughout the building. It was a clean property but it was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

More Independent Living Style Than Assisted Living

We had hoped we had found a good match for mom once we had toured this community. but after a few days there it was obvious to us that this community was more for the senior independent person verses my mother. The staff was good they were friendly and kind and knowledgeable. The community was well maintained and clean. Mom seemed to enjoy the food while she was there. The level of care my mom needed just didn't match up to what this community offered.

Beautiful apartments, lovely staff, food could be upgraded.

Staff Is Wonderful

We really liked this community a lot. It seemed to be on the newer side so everything was very clean and fresh. The outside was nice the colors were in the line of the southwest surrounding decor. The staff seemed extremely friendly and kind very personable with the residents. They encourage family and friends to come and participate in activities going on. Seems like a fun place to be.

Another Tour

The tour was very informative and friendly. I saw a bigger facility than what I had hoped for. It was clean and a nice facility. However, a lot of the staff would just walk by and not even look at us. A smile would have be kind. I also saw no acknowledgement between the residents and staff. To me it reflects how they would care for the residents.

A tour for care

We toured this community. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions that we had. We did not like the environment of the layout. We liked that they did have some activities. I would recommend that families tour the community for the care of a loved one's needs.

It's a great place

The activity director, [Removed] tries to put something in for everyone when she organizes the events calanders. The entertainment is great, the decorations are always wonderful, she does an awesome job.
Everyone is so friendly and treats you like family.
[Removed] the head of maintenance is such a sweetie and works hard to keep everything up to code and the residents happy, and [Removed] who is the head of cleaning goes beyond the call of duty for residents.
The food could be better. They need more help on the weekends, but over all it is a great community and I would recommend it.

Care and comfort

Tanis was a nice community, we were going to move in but they did not have a studio available at the time. The staff was caring and nice to answer the questions. They offer a lot of great meals that would have been a good variety. The community is very clean and maintained. The care and value would recommend for other families for the care of

Excellent three year review

My mother has been at Orchard Pointe Assisted Living for almost three years now. I am impressed with the staff and the care that they provide for my mother . They are friendly and courteous and are constantly looking for ways to improve the experience of their residents. There are many activities throughout the day including entertainment, exercise, shopping and event trips, movies, cards, games, educational lectures, and BINGO. Informative seminars on relevant topics are scheduled at least monthly. They also schedule activities for kids so that they can interact with the residents. They partner with a foster child organization to sponsor activities for foster children at the facility, especially during holidays. Special holiday meals for residents and their guests are provided. Guests can also eat meals with the residents at any time for a nominal fee. The staff continually solicits input from residents for meals and activities. Recent examples of changes due to resident input include expanding dining room hours to be open all day, providing an ice cream machine in the lobby, and scheduling an additional BINGO game each week. The staff encourages residents to participate in all activities and monitors and helps the residents during the activities. The maintenance staff keeps the facilities in great repair and responds to resident requests even outside of their areas of responsibility. For example maintenance personnel have assisted my mother with operating her TV remote and fixing squeaky wheels on her walker. The on site nursing staff has performed medical evaluation and given advice to my mother whenever requested. In addition, they have willingly stepped up wellness monitoring upon her returning from the hospital or when she is feeling ill. My mother rents a two bedroom unit that provides ample room for her important belongings and faces a well landscaped courtyard. One bedroom and one bedroom deluxe units are also available. I found the rental prices to be comparable to those at other facilities and feel that they are a good value considering the benefits received. Our overall experience with this facility has been excellent.

Great Place!

I visit Orchard Pointe regularly as a volunteer. I find the staff to be welcoming, helpful and friendly. Our church members enjoy volunteering at Orchard Pointe because there is such a wide variety of activities. The residents have so many different things to do every day at all times. It is a joy to visit and spend time with the residents in such a pleasant and inviting environment.

An ok community.

This is not a very active community. When we were there the hallways were empty and the only time the residents got together was at meal time. The food was ok, however sometimes it was not cooked enough for some of the residents to chew it. The community is clean and the staff were nice.

I Saw Nice Things On The Tour

At the time I was looking for a respite stay. The tour I had was good. It was an nice but they can do a few updates to look nicer. While I was touring, I noticed the residents were all mixed together. This was not what I was looking for.

Dad is happy here

The entire staff is really nice and they take good care of my dad. I would say the food is so so. Dad likes to participate in some of the activities involving music. This is a newer community and the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are real nice and they offer a lot of storage. I would recommend this community.

The staff is amazing!

My other is really enjoying her stay at this community. I like that they all got to know her in such a short period of time. The office staff is always available. If I wanted to talk to RN, I just walked in there. The entire place is kept clean. The meals are great, my mother really likes them and so do the other residents from what I have heard. The staff really encourages my mother to join activities, they go to her room and get her for exercise programs, bible study, any anything else they have going on.

Everything Has Worked Out Very Well For Us Here

Everything is working out very well. I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. They are taking very good care of my father and his needs. A place for mom was very helpful. Allison Carmen from a place for mom was amazing to work with. She was great to work with. Overall everything has worked out well for us here.

Mom is happy at OP>

My mother and father moved in as one of the first residents of Orchard Pointe. At that time, the staff went overboard to make sure all residents were happy and content.
Unfortunately, my farther passed away while at OP.
The staff and hospice care were extraordinary. They helped me and my siblings through a very tough time.
My mom has Alzheimers. Thus she does not often remember that dad is gone. The friendly staff helps her when she begins looking for him, and let's her know that he is in Heaven.
After 2 directors at OP, Gary is doing a wonderful job.
The nursing staff is very prompt and on the ball with my mom (even though she does not have too many ailments).
The caregivers are extremely nice and caring. After reading another review, I have to agree with the response time to residents. The caregivers are not often prompt. I would like to see that improved. But, When they are with my mom, they are wonderful. They treat each resident with respect and caring.
The activity staff is on the move constantly making sure the residents are entertained. There is so much to do daily.
The food has improved. That was an issue with the second director (not the first).
All in all, OP is a wonderful place to make sure your parents are well taken care of in their final years.
Hugs to all the staff at OP.

Great staff!

Mom has lived at Orchard Pointe for 8+ months. She adjusted very quickly and loves the staff, activities, her apartment and the food. My sister and I are very pleased we chose this place. It really feels like home to her and to us. Terrific caregivers and activities staff!!!

❤️Orchard Pointe❤️

I have been pleased with the care my mom has received. She is safe, well cared for and under the watchful eyes of the staff. Any concerns I have had were addressed professionally and in a timely manner. The food has improved, activities are appropriate for her and her apartment is well maintained.
Kudos to the staff for continuous communication and monitored care.
I would recommend families look into this facility.

I would not recommend Orchard Pointe!!

The staff at this community are the main problem. My parents have Dementia and Alzheimers and the staff are letting them make decision about their care although we have a POA. My Father was taken to the emergency room and I was not notified by the community I was notified by the emergency room. The community itself is beautiful and the food is good. We pay extra for my dad's care and they do not make sure my parents shower and change their clothes on a regular basis. They oversold the abilities of the staff.

Very clean, nice community.

Orchard Pointe is very clean and the people are friendly. It's a very nice place, the grounds are kept up very nicely and it's very inviting. My father-in-law likes it there. He likes to take walks around the community. Things are going smoothly. The nurse is competent. He had to go to the hospital for a couple days and they kept us updated on what was going on. He likes to participate in their exercise activities. The food is pretty good, we have eaten with him there a couple times. He would prefer to make his own food or home cooked meals, but it is fine. It's nice to know he is being watched there.

Orchard Pointe is the place to stay for your loved ones.

My mother is glad to have Orchard Pointe taking care of her needs. The staff is friendly and she is very satisfied with her apartment. The facility is only 2 years old. She also likes the food. I would recommend Orchard Pointe to anyone needing an assisted living place to choose.

took a little bit too long to get orders changed in the system

At Orchard Pointe Assisted Living it helps that we had hospice involved. The staff is all very friendly. The only complaint I have is it took a little bit too long to get orders changed in the system as far as medication. Overall it has been a good experience at this facility.

no sodas

Initially I was very pleased with the facility. They have now gone through 2 Directors, corporate came in and got rid of any sodas for lunch or dinner. They no longer serve waffles for breakfast and pancakes once in awhile. One morning the chef didn't show up for breakfast. For $[price removed] a month I would think if my mother wanted a soda she should be able to have one. When she pushes her button, it takes forever for a caregiver and I have gone upstairs and observed 5 caregivers just sitting around.

The facility is outstanding

We liked Orchard Pointe when we came to tour. It was one of the better places we saw. It was a bit on the larger side, we wanted something a little smaller. The facility is outstanding though.

Much needed respite care provided

I needed respite care for my mother until her stuff could be moved down from Utah. Orchard Pointe was the only place I visited that had a room open. It's very new, so I don't have any previous state inspections (surveys) to guide my choice. I did eliminate several sites based on information from these surveys. Being brand new, it's extremely clean and nice. Also, they offered $500 off for the first 2 full months, which made it affordable. Mom seems to be comfortable and adjusting just fine. The day after she moved in she went to lunch and sat with someone and "we talked and talked just like old friends". It made my heart glow.

This facility is very, very...

This facility is very, very new so there's no prior information to judge operations. Nice place. Loved the fact that they have respite care, so my mom can move down to Arizona (from Utah) while her things are getting here.