Kingswood Place - Surprise, AZ

Kingswood Place - Surprise, AZ has yet not published prices.

RUN!

This is the worst place! Very un clean. The employee turn over is horrible. Management staff are very unprofessional, rude, don't know the residents names, don't seem to care for the employees. From what I've seen the employees are not well trained! Most of them are very un clean. Seems like they hire anyone with a pulse. The food is horrible! There kitchen is filthy. Dinner is suposed
To be at 5pm you will be lucky if u eat by 5:30, food is cold, caregivers cook don't use gloves or wash their hands. The only thing that place has going for them is the activities. The lady, [name removed] does a good job with the residents. She cares and does fun activities with them. As far as the lady that is the marketing person, if she would keep her nose out of the air she might be able to keep trying to take money and make empty promises to the elderly. Very sad place! The only words I have to say is NEGLECT! Run people do not put your loved ones here!

Happy at Kingswood

Kingswood Place is just what I was looking for. It’s the perfect place for my Mother. She is very happy and finally enjoying her life. Medical and everything is being taken care of. She even sings in choir. I couldn’t be more happy. Thanks so much for helping me.

There staff greeted us warmly! They are competent and excellent at their jobs! Went above and beyond to help us get our mother moved in in a timely manner! Can’t say enough about Kingswood Place and [name removed], [name removed], and [name removed]!!

Sorry Assisted Living

Every time we would go my Father would need the diaper changed, as they didn't have enough people. Management was helping with dinner set-up and delivery of the food so between 5pm and 6pm - Good luck getting any help assistance or just proper discussions. Carpet was stained and a mess the turn-over rate of people was extremely high. Keep your loved ones out of this place as the chance for UTI is very high. Tried contacting Corporate but that was a complete joke, they dont care either as its all about the money. Sorry I ever got involved in this place but learned a valuable (but expensive) lesson.

Daughter of a resident

its a shamble...staff turnover every 3-6 months. Terrible management. When there is bad management, the caregivers do what they want. Sometimes my mom got her meds, some times she didnt. My moms room had a horrible urine odor, and her hair was always dirty. She passed away recently, otherwise i would have moved her out.

Horrible

Pictures of facility are very old! Carpet frayed and ruined, furniture stained and needs replacing, staff incompetent, massive turnover in staff. See for yourself!!!

Easy to get around in this facility. Is in process of being renewed inside and very comfortable surroundings.
Concerned over level of care. i.e. only 12 hour nursing and no set visits by a Dr.

Clearly the "little kept secret" in Surprise!

The warm, personal care that is given to residents as well as the activities that are scheduled here surpass any other community. The locked community is a bonus and ensures loved ones are safe.

Homey feel and more intimate

I really love this community because it has a homey intimate feel. It’s a lot smaller than some of the newer places. My mom says the food is good but it’s not like home cooking. They offer 3 meals a day and have 4 to 5 different picks for each meal. The facility is very well kept and has a beautiful courtyard with flowers, trees, and walkways. The staff is very friendly and personable. I did have 1 issue one night but the staff took ownership right away and they were very responsive to the issue. When I came in the next day the staff came up to me right away and let me know what happened. It felt good that they took ownership. The rooms are nice and spacious. A very nice housekeeper comes in often and cleans my mom’s room. The facility offers a bunch of activities. The day my mom moved in they actually had miniature horses that came in for the residents to pet. Other activities include dancing groups, arts and crafts, painting, musical drums, and musicians that come in. There is always something for my mom to do. The staff even sends me pictures of my mom doing these activities. Everyone is super friendly here and I highly recommend this community.

My father's good care

I like the care her for my father at this nice community. the staff is caring and attentive to his needs. The menu is very good for him and he likes the variety. They have a lot of actives. The community is clean with a great atmosphere. We would recommend this community for the care and the value for other families.

Didn't know it was there

Great little assisted living nestled in a lovely neighborhood. Staff is friendly and activities are well thought out......they meet the residents requests.

Family care

We toured this nice community for a tour. the staff was very nice and caring to answer all the questions of what we were looking for at the time. We did not see the menu at the time of the tour. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Very attentive staff but not a lot of residents.

My mother moved here recently and so far she's happy there.They run it very well and she gets a lot of attention.The food is good and she likes it. They had a meeting at the beginning of the year to improve the food and it's been good so far. They offer a shuttle service so she can do activities outside of the community.It is a little concerning that the place is only half full and it's a little empty. She also has a mini fridge in her room that makes a lot of noise and it's been difficult to get them to replace it. Other than that it's been great so far and we would recommend this community to anyone.

Wonderful Staff!!

I really hoped that for the money we were paying it would have been a better experience. I wasn't able to participate in activities i was really sick. The meals were okay the community was just having trouble with the cook. It was a clean and up-kept. I really miss the staff they were very nice to nice and very attentive of my needs.

We Couldn't be Happier!

We recently placed our parents at Kingswood Place and they couldn't be happier. This is a smaller assisted living facility with more personal one on one interactions. The staff has been wonderful in so many ways. They are always extremely helpful and have gone out of their way to make our parents happy and comfortable. There are always activities going on and our parents complain (jokingly) of not getting any rest. After a few weeks of giving up their dream home they now call Kingswood Place home. This transition has gone better than we could have imagined.

We are so grateful to the staff at Kingswood Place for taking such good care of our parents and therefore relieving us of having to worry about them.

We highly recommend this facility!

Great place staff is wonderful

Mom Is Happy With The Food

My mother is doing very well at this community, she is really happy here. I'am very impressed with the way the community looks, everything is always nice and clean. The staff is fabulous, they are always willing to help. She is trying some new activities. She is happy with the food, the chef is very responsive. This is smaller community, but she is able to get some one on one attention if she needs it. They are caring for her well and I would recommend it.

Too early to review

We have only been here a week, so a review is not really fair. I does seem that they are understaffed. I will be better able to give a fair review in a month.

Fine so far

Things are good and everything has been fine so far. We do not have any complaints with the facility or the staff at Kingswood Place. We have been very pleased with the service there and have had a good experience with them.

Excellent

Things are going excellent. Mom is very happy there and she is well cared for by the staff at Kingswood Place. So, far I do not have any problems or complaints with the facility or the staff there. A great experience so far.

You know your parent is cared for as if they were under your care.

My mom will be in Kingswood Place Senior Living for 6 months this December 26th, 2015. We have been more than happy with the service Kingswood Place has given to my mom. The director is very involved in all matters regarding the residents. The staff is very caring, loving and has concerns for all the residents. They make adjustments in the dinner plan if the resident has special request. They are attentive to their needs in there rooms and take care of all request by the resident in a timely manner. Nothing is missed and the comfort of every resident is at the top of their list. The care givers are very professional and take their jobs very seriously. The activities director has activities through out the day. they are involved in there community and invite school children, musicians and all sorts of entertainment to make these fun and get to know residents family. They have a van for the residents to be taken to places they are wanting to go to. The facility has been more than we ever expected. My mom is making new friends and has become the new resident adviser.They are all honest hardworking staff that go beyond their call to make the residents comfortable and to take care of there any need or want. There is no request they will not fulfill. The facility is spot less, and always kept this way. You are felt as if it is your own home. My mom has many guest and they are always invited for a meal or ask to participate in an activity if desired. After searching for 3 months and visiting 5-6 facilities this was the best option as it met all of my moms needs.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!

Our experience at getting adjusted to living at Kingswood Place has gone well!

In a Medical world where most of what we here is HIPPA will not allow that, it is a breath of fresh air to hear:

How can we help?
We can take care of that?
Is there anything else we can do?

These type comments are common here!!
We have heard these type comments from every employee we have had contact with!!

Please share this with ALL!!!!

We are Snow Birds from WI and want to return as we like it here! My wife is a Stroke survivor in a Power Chair and I am capable of doing all her care and that is what I want from Kingswood -- to let us live where I know I have back up help -- if needed -- however as long as I can do the work let me do ALL!!

Positive Experience

My experience with the Kingswood Place has been most positive and my loved one has adjusted to the environment quite well. Every time I come to visit she tells me that she just loves all of the people there.

Compassionate staff

The staff here is very nice and compassionate. The building is always clean and fresh smelling. The level of care here is good, but they could communicate better with the family of the resident. The food could use some flavor too.

Friendly and Caring

The staff members are always friendly and caring. My father is the one living there and he likes the people and it is quiet and clean and the meals are good and he really likes it there at Kingswood Place.

they've been ok

Our experience with Kingswood Place has been ok. Not great, but not terrible. The place is nice, but a little dated. My mother did not like the food there. She also had a fall at one point and I was not entirely satisfied with how they handled it.

They were excellent

They were excellent! They took very good care of my dad and they are very attentive. Any time I call with a request, they always give us top priority for anything that we need.

The only thing where I think they can improve is with the meals. The food is kind of bland. Meals could certainly improve.

Other than that, everything about the place has been great. They took very good care of my dad. They make the care of their residents their top priority.

It's going excellent.

It's been excellent. It's been really good for my mom. I haven't had any concerns or complaints. There have been no problems with food or staff. So far it's working out well.

Overall I am pleased

I think the community is a pretty good place. I am starting to think all senior centers are use to families dropping off loved ones and never coming back, because there seems to be a lack of communication with doctors regarding the resident, specifically they dont ever notify the family and inform them of the overall care, or medical plan for the loved ones.

I felt like they really went over and beyond

She only did respite there for three nights. I couldn't say anything bad about them. The people were all just very nice. She just kind of felt like she had a hard time connecting with the other residents. I liked that it was small with not so many residents. The first day she wasn't really happy with the menu, and by the next day, they had everything that she requested. So I felt like they really went over and beyond to make sure she felt cared for, and got what she wanted.

Thank you Kingswood Place!!

I had a wonderful christmas dinner with my family and many other families who came to visit their loved ones on christmas day. I was impressed by the atmosphere in the facility and we all sang christmas carols and the meal was very well prepared. Kingwood has truly transformed itself from what it used to be and am thankful that my dad is in a good place.

Thank you for taking care of my dad!!!!

Tour for Father

When I walked in the front door, it was bright and everyone was smiling and welcomed me. Lisa gave me a tour and answered all my questions. Lisa said they have 10 residents at this time; which I thought was great for my father. He will get the care and one on one he likes to receive. I also had the pleasure to meet the RN and the Executive Director. They are very friendly and down to earth professionals. My father will be happy here.

Kingswood Place is a gracious assisted living community located in a quiet neighborhood in Surprise, Arizona, we are located just two miles north of Surprise Community Park. Many residents and their families enjoy the park for its many recreational activities as well as close proximity.

Our community provides various medical and health resources for our residents:

•Respite care
•Short term stays
•Urgent placement
•Transportation to medical appointments
•24 hour onsite staff
•Emergency call system in apartments
•Built in safety features in bathrooms and bedrooms
•Assistance with grooming
•Medication management
•Chronic disease monitoring
•Dietician planned meals

Our caring staff provides quality care in a comfortable homelike environment. We encourage our residents to socialize and we provide sunny comfortable lounges that are perfect for conversations and games. For residents with a creative interest there is an activity room that is stocked with craft supplies and materials. Residents can also enjoy our computer room with free Wi-Fi, our cozy library and the on-site beauty salon.

Our two enclosed courtyards are perfect for strolls among the trees and relaxing in the shade.

Our residents engage in a variety of activities, such as bingo, yoga, card and board games, pet therapy, movies, and socials. Community activities include visiting local restaurants, shopping outings and trips to the casino.