Chandler Memory Care - Bowling Green, KY

So far so good

My wife is doing pretty good at this community. The staff were helpful in getting her adjusted to living at this community, however I think they could use some more staff. There are not a lot of activities. She does not really like the food. They do offer a daily exercise class. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

they need more worker's, there are not enough to do the job right.

Theresa McFarlin

I'm so sorry that your experience wasn't great. Our staffing pattern is 1:8, meaning (1) Resident Assistant assigned to (8) residents. This is actually greater than the recommended 1:15 ratio. Compared to other memory care residences, we are considered "heavily" staffed. As always, we are available to discuss any concerns that you might have and we always love an opportunity to improve our services.

Very Bad Experience

My mother did not have a good experience at Chandler Memory Care. She received little attention and was not taken care of very well. She was not watched. Most of her clothes were [Removed]. There were very few activities besides watching tv. There were a few good workers. Most of the workers spent a lot of their time in the office talking. They did not have a nurse on duty the majority of the time. All in all it was a horrible experience for my mother, and her mental state went very far downhill while she was there. The facility is beautiful, but the care she received was very inadequate.

Theresa McFarlin

We are so sorry that your experience was less than excellent. It's our goal to keep our residents & families happy and well cared for. Our staffing pattern is (1) Resident Assistant to (8) Residents, the best ratio all of our local competitors. Our daily activity program is mastered upon the techniques developed by the Alzheimer's Association & The Best Friend Approach, the same modality that is used to train our staff. Our programs are designed to last anywhere from 5-15 minutes to meet the ever changing attention span of dementia & Alzheimer's individual(s) and we attempt to engage everyone. Keep in mind, every resident has right's, and refusal to participate is sometimes encountered. There is a licensed nurse on-call 24/7/365 in the event of an emergency, however, we are a non-medical residence, so no skilled nursing service is provided in this level of care. While we aren't the right fit for everyone, we certainly strive to provide the very best care possible to our residents, knowing that every move is traumatic for residents & families experiencing dementia and Alzheimer's challenges. Please know that you are always welcome to discuss any concerns you might have with our Administration. We have an open door and we appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues timely and in a manner that is accepting to our residents and families.

Mom is much happier and active

The staff at Chandler are awesome and they seem to truly love what they do. They are kind to the residents and enjoy coming to work everyday. They offer dining room style meals. The food is ok, however I think they could have a few more fruits and vegetables. They offer a lot of activities and the activities director is right on the ball. He is good at encouraging the residents to participate in the activities. The community is clean, bright, open and I would recommend it.

My opinion!

The people I met during my tour were nice and knowledgable. This is an older community and it did not feel like it was the right fit for us. The community is clean and I do not have anything bad to say.

A Wonderful, My Mother In Law In Being Cared For Well Here

Everything has worked out very good for my mother in law here at this community. We are very pleased with all they have done for us. This is a wonderful community, with caring people. The staff is great, they have been very attentive and welcoming. They have many activities available for the residents to try. I've tried some of the meals, and the food taste amazing. I know she is receiving great care. I have already recommended this community to friends.

Good Care

Well, it seems like whenever we have a need they respond to it quickly, and that's about all you can ask. The people genuinely seem concerned about my dad and they're helpful and they handle memory care real well.