Great LIttle Gem in Pasadena!

Great location, clean and staff is friendly and caring. People here are super nice and the price for the apartments is very affordable as compared to other places in Pasadena.

The Care That Matters Most

My mom and I settled on Del Mar Park more than 10 years ago (when it was Chancellor Place). [name removed], the Administrator understood my mom right away and adjusted her level of care and delivered the day-to-day support that gave her the consistency, healthcare support and quality of life that earned my trust and gratitude. The nursing and support staff are exceptional in their commitment to the health and well-being of the residents. And my mom wasn't always the easiest personality to please.

My wife's new home

I am happy with the care for my wife in this community. We like that the staff is taking good care of her. This is a clean community that is well maintained. They offer her a lot of good and healthy meals.
I would recommend anyone to this community for care.

Recommended For Othjers

This is a excellent community. The staff is caring and very helpful. The community is very clean. The activities are offered to everyone. The food does need a little improvement . I would recommend this community for other families.

Received All The Necessary Information

There was a strong odor in the community that i kept smelling during my tour. My loved one could not be able to live with the odor. There were a lot of people that looked like they needed more help. My loved one didn't really need help so this community didn't work for them. The tour guide did give me all the information about the community. The meal plans offered and the activities on site.

This Community Needs Improvement

My experiences at this community have been okay. There are many things they need to improve. I think the staff at times can be disrespectful, and they aren't very good at doing their jobs. They offer the same activities everyday. The food could be better, we don't have many choice to choose from. At this moment I would not recommend this community.

Thanks, "A Place for Mom" for helping me to start transitioning my parents to an Assisted Living community. Meeting Miss Paula [Removed] at DeL Mar Park has been wonderful. She is very knowledgeable and patient, answering even the simplest questions. After touring the facility , my Dad and I love everything about Del Mar Park. Thanks again, your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm Doing Pretty Good

I am doing pretty good here at the community. I have been getting room cleaning daily and the community is always kept clean. The staff are good people and take good care of me. There are activities but I have been sick and unable to join. The food honestly taste like hospital food, but it is very healthy and good.

A wonderful experience with Del Mar Park in Pasadena and for A Place for Mom

After my 98 year old mother had a heart attack we decided to move her from Orange County to Pasadena. With the help of Jeanne from A Place For Mom, I was able to visit many facilities. Our whole family was really impressed with Del Mar Park. The location is ideal for taking walks to either Lake Avenue shops and restaurants, as well as to the beautiful Cal Tech campus.

From the beginning they were so accommodating and reassuring. In fact Denise and Dana drove 60 miles to meet and evaluate my mother to see if they thought she would benefit from the move to Del Mar Park. I was so impressed with how thorough they were.

My mother's room was upstairs with a lovely tree outside to frame the street. While it was smaller than what she was used to it was all she needed to be comfortable. The staff was very accommodating in offering to install ceiling lights, hang her TV, get her phone connected, etc. She needed a hospital bed which they provided, as well as a wheel chair.

Unfortunately once my mother was moved she declined as a result of her recent heart attack. Never did I hear any complaints from the wonderful staff. They got her dressed every morning and put on her jewelry and even her make up. They would take her to various activities and meals.

I ate a number of meals at the facility and I found the food to be excellent with options if one so desired. (I should say at this point that my mother was in an independent living and assisted living facility for 15 years prior to this so I did have a comparison.) I ate several meals

Denise and other staff members always found the time to meet with me and give me updates. I felt like I was taking more of my fair share of time but they were always there for me. They even arranged for 2 doctors for my mother as well as the transportation to and from. I was used to spending $400 for this service however the cost was minimal compared to that. All of the calls to medicare, hospitals for records, etc was all done by Denise. What a relief that was for me!

While my mother unfortunately did not spend a long time at Del Mar Park as she passed away, I cannot say enough in favor of this wonderful facility and the staff. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a place for Mom (or Dad) to go for a visit.

It seems a bit old & dated to us, but it is the least expensive and it's in a great area. Seemed a bit more low key. No green space or gardens at all.

They do a very good job here.

They do a very good job here. We are happy with them. It's clean and the staff is friendly, they are attentive and responsive. They also have a good variety of activities. They seem to be good at everything, and my mother loves the food.

They were not able to handle someone who has moderate or severe dementia, maybe mild dementia would be ok. They aren't really set up to handle someone who walks and roams. They did an assessment, and thought they could do it, after a few days it became clear that was not the case.

Lots of Wheelchairs and Walkers

It was pretty nice, pretty nice, but not as active. The thing that I didn't really like was it felt like when you walked in there were a lot of people that didn't function well - a lot of people in wheel chairs and using walkers.

The rooms have no view and...

The rooms have no view and there's not a balcony or a place to sit outside. The residents are great - outgoing and happy, genuinely engaged with each other (54). Location is fabulous (for her), close to Lake shopping. Could walk there or motorized wheelchair. Denise is the link, the connection. Staff seems good, small.

A beautiful facility. Friendly, clean...

A beautiful facility. Friendly, clean, residents seem happy. Private rooms, Help with walking. Perhaps to difficult for Dad.

Our tour guide was excellent, however...

Our tour guide was excellent, however, we liked other facilities better.

Great location, people and amenities....

Great location, people and amenities. Price may be an issue.

Older building. very small outdoor area.

Older building. very small outdoor area.

Nice vibe from the marketing director...

Nice vibe from the marketing director. Rooms seem larger than elsewhere and cheaper. They have a special on one room now for $3000 that I think would be $4000 elsewhere. But a bit shabby overall. Saw a tear in the carpet that someone could easily trip over.

Del Mar is located in Pasadena on the Corner of Del Mar Blvd. and Catalina Ave. We have 58 private apartments with a 24 hour emergency response system. Del Mar Park has licensed personnel on duty 16 hours a day and caregivers around the clock to meet all your care needs. Assistance with dressing, bathing and medications.

- Three nutritious meals daily.

- Housekeeping and laundry services.

- Social and recreational events - Gym - Transportation - Social parlor - Library craft rooms - Beauty shop - Shopping- Del Mar Park is dedicated to providing wide range of care for our residents. From daily monitoring to assisting with personal needs. Del Mar Park maximizes each resident's independence by designing a personalized program of care.

Living in a smaller community makes for a home like environment. Our friendly staff is always there for you. Our Activities Director is always planning great outings and events for our residents to attend.

Del Mar Park is located in a lovely part of the city. We are 1 north of Cal Tech and 1 1/2 blocks from Lake Avenue where all the shops and restaurants are located. All this is within walking is distance. Come for a visit and let us show you what we have to offer your loved one.

Del Mar Park is located in Pasadena, CA. The home of the popular Rose Bowl, this California town has plenty of sights and activities.

- Population: The population of Pasadena is around 142,000 people. The average age of residents is around 37 years old.

- Walkability: The walk score is 66 for the town. Downtown areas are easy to navigate on foot, other errands will require a car.

- Senior Facilities: There are several senior facilities and services in this area.

- Weather: Residents can expect to have typical California weather in this area. Warm summers with highs in the 80's and 90's and a cool season averaging in 70's.

Transportation

Del Mar Park provides some transportation services to its residents. There are also plenty of options for public and private trips in and around town. The city has the Pasadena Transit System that provides bus service. Seniors are given a discount. Here are some other ways to get around:

- Dial A Ride: a program for seniors to use within the city for free or a reduced fee.
- Pasadena Taxi: taxi rides in and out of town.
- Art's Taxi Service: taxi rides in and out of town.
- Edward Limo Service: limousine services.

Medical Services

Pasadena has excellent medical care services with its many hospitals and medical centers. Residents have access to some of the best primary care providers and specialists in the country.

- Huntington Hospital: nationally recognized for the best care, full-service hospital.
- Healthcare Partners Urgent Care: facility specializing in urgent appointments.
- ChapCare Lake: medical, dental, and behavioral health provider network.

Sports & Leisure

The city has two senior centers available for residents to enjoy.

- Pasadena Senior Center: located centrally in town, the center offers seniors a full schedule of classes and activities. They offer fitness classes, games, groups, and movies.
- South Pasadena Senior Center: offers a large variety of classes and services to senior residents.

Golf courses: There is no shortage of golf courses in this area. Some of the top courses open to the public are:

- Brookside Golf & Country Club: located next to the Rose Bowl, award-winning 36 hole course with a restaurant.
- Arroyo Seco Golf Club: 18 hole course, driving range, mini golf course.
- Eaton Canyon Golf Course: 9 hole golf course with great low rates for senior residents.

For those looking for tennis courts, Pasadena has it covered!

- Rose Bowl Tennis Center: 5 courts with instruction courses.
- Garfield Park: public tennis courts.

There are many other activities to engage in around this city. Residents can visit the famous Rose Bowl, view some stunning buildings like the Langham Huntington Hotel, or visit a museum.

- Norton Simon Museum: stunning art museum with a large collection of art.
- Old Pasadena Walking Tour: a tour of historic downtown Pasadena.
- Rose Bowl Stadium: tour the famous stadium.

Shopping

There are many options for shopping in and around the Pasadena area. Los Angeles is very close for those looking for a bit of Hollywood. From designer clothing to out of the ordinary items, shopping the area is fun.

- Paseo Colorado: a giant shopping district with several popular stores and places to eat. Also home to a movie theatre.
- Shops of Lake Ave: a collection of shops in the business district.
- Orangewood Center: specialty shops and places to eat.

There are many fresh produce markets and everyday grocery stores to choose from.

- Chaaste Family Market: family run Filipino market.
- Whole Foods Market: natural foods and items.
- Trader Joe's: grocery items.

Restaurants

Every kind of fast food restaurant is available in Pasadena for a quick bite while shopping. Some of the favorites are Chick Fil A, Burger King, and Jack In The Box. For those who wish to have a sit-down dinner, there are options for every kind of food imaginable.

- Roy's Restaurant: upscale restaurant serving fusion food.
- Il Fornaio: Italian favorites.
- Parkway Grill: fine dining serving California food.
- Arroyo Chop House: upscale steakhouse with all the favorites.

Entertainment

There are a lot of options for entertainment in the town. Movie theatres, live performance shows, and much more!

- iPic Theatres: upscale chain with plush seating and gourmet food served.
- The Pasadena Playhouse: live performances of a variety of shows.
- Regency Academy Cinemas: typical movie theatre showing latest releases.

Religious Services

Residents can find any type of church in the area that they are looking for. Some of the ones closest to Del Mar Park are:

- Trinity Lutheran Church: place of worship.
- Dream Church Community Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- Pasadena Presbyterian Church: place of worship, open to the public.

Pasadena is a great place to live. The area is rich in history and weather is beautiful. Residents can be as active or relaxed as they wish.