We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
About Del Mar Park - Pasadena, CA
Del Mar is located in Pasadena on the Corner of Del Mar Blvd. and Catalina Ave. We have 58 private apartments with a 24 hour emergency response system. Del Mar Park has licensed personnel on duty 16 hours a day and caregivers around the clock to meet all your care needs. Assistance with dressing, bathing and medications.
- Three nutritious meals daily.
- Housekeeping and laundry services.
- Social and recreational events - Gym - Transportation - Social parlor - Library craft rooms - Beauty shop - Shopping- Del Mar Park is dedicated to providing wide range of care for our residents. From daily monitoring to assisting with personal needs. Del Mar Park maximizes each resident's independence by designing a personalized program of care.
Living in a smaller community makes for a home like environment. Our friendly staff is always there for you. Our Activities Director is always planning great outings and events for our residents to attend.
Del Mar Park is located in a lovely part of the city. We are 1 north of Cal Tech and 1 1/2 blocks from Lake Avenue where all the shops and restaurants are located. All this is within walking is distance. Come for a visit and let us show you what we have to offer your loved one.
Del Mar Park is located in Pasadena, CA. The home of the popular Rose Bowl, this California town has plenty of sights and activities.
- Population: The population of Pasadena is around 142,000 people. The average age of residents is around 37 years old.
- Walkability: The walk score is 66 for the town. Downtown areas are easy to navigate on foot, other errands will require a car.
- Senior Facilities: There are several senior facilities and services in this area.
- Weather: Residents can expect to have typical California weather in this area. Warm summers with highs in the 80's and 90's and a cool season averaging in 70's.
Del Mar Park provides some transportation services to its residents. There are also plenty of options for public and private trips in and around town. The city has the Pasadena Transit System that provides bus service. Seniors are given a discount. Here are some other ways to get around:
- Dial A Ride: a program for seniors to use within the city for free or a reduced fee.
- Pasadena Taxi: taxi rides in and out of town.
- Art's Taxi Service: taxi rides in and out of town.
- Edward Limo Service: limousine services.
Pasadena has excellent medical care services with its many hospitals and medical centers. Residents have access to some of the best primary care providers and specialists in the country.
- Huntington Hospital: nationally recognized for the best care, full-service hospital.
- Healthcare Partners Urgent Care: facility specializing in urgent appointments.
- ChapCare Lake: medical, dental, and behavioral health provider network.
Sports & Leisure
The city has two senior centers available for residents to enjoy.
- Pasadena Senior Center: located centrally in town, the center offers seniors a full schedule of classes and activities. They offer fitness classes, games, groups, and movies.
- South Pasadena Senior Center: offers a large variety of classes and services to senior residents.
Golf courses: There is no shortage of golf courses in this area. Some of the top courses open to the public are:
- Brookside Golf & Country Club: located next to the Rose Bowl, award-winning 36 hole course with a restaurant.
- Arroyo Seco Golf Club: 18 hole course, driving range, mini golf course.
- Eaton Canyon Golf Course: 9 hole golf course with great low rates for senior residents.
For those looking for tennis courts, Pasadena has it covered!
- Rose Bowl Tennis Center: 5 courts with instruction courses.
- Garfield Park: public tennis courts.
There are many other activities to engage in around this city. Residents can visit the famous Rose Bowl, view some stunning buildings like the Langham Huntington Hotel, or visit a museum.
- Norton Simon Museum: stunning art museum with a large collection of art.
- Old Pasadena Walking Tour: a tour of historic downtown Pasadena.
- Rose Bowl Stadium: tour the famous stadium.
There are many options for shopping in and around the Pasadena area. Los Angeles is very close for those looking for a bit of Hollywood. From designer clothing to out of the ordinary items, shopping the area is fun.
- Paseo Colorado: a giant shopping district with several popular stores and places to eat. Also home to a movie theatre.
- Shops of Lake Ave: a collection of shops in the business district.
- Orangewood Center: specialty shops and places to eat.
There are many fresh produce markets and everyday grocery stores to choose from.
- Chaaste Family Market: family run Filipino market.
- Whole Foods Market: natural foods and items.
- Trader Joe's: grocery items.
Every kind of fast food restaurant is available in Pasadena for a quick bite while shopping. Some of the favorites are Chick Fil A, Burger King, and Jack In The Box. For those who wish to have a sit-down dinner, there are options for every kind of food imaginable.
- Roy's Restaurant: upscale restaurant serving fusion food.
- Il Fornaio: Italian favorites.
- Parkway Grill: fine dining serving California food.
- Arroyo Chop House: upscale steakhouse with all the favorites.
There are a lot of options for entertainment in the town. Movie theatres, live performance shows, and much more!
- iPic Theatres: upscale chain with plush seating and gourmet food served.
- The Pasadena Playhouse: live performances of a variety of shows.
- Regency Academy Cinemas: typical movie theatre showing latest releases.
Residents can find any type of church in the area that they are looking for. Some of the ones closest to Del Mar Park are:
- Trinity Lutheran Church: place of worship.
- Dream Church Community Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- Pasadena Presbyterian Church: place of worship, open to the public.
Pasadena is a great place to live. The area is rich in history and weather is beautiful. Residents can be as active or relaxed as they wish.