Cathedral Palms Apartments - Cathedral City, CA

Cathedral Palms Apartments - Cathedral City, CA has yet not published prices.

AVOID CATHEDRAL PALMS APARTMENTS!!

Four days after I made a complaint to the office that the gardener "Willie" tried to [removed] my purse, I was served with Notice to Terminate Tenancy. My dog prevented that [removed] from being carried out. Other tenants told me the gardener had [removed] from them, but only 1 of those tenants signed an affidavit. The other victims would not sign an affidavit as they were too afraid of retaliation from the gardener and/or eviction by "Rosa", the office manager. I should have immediately called the police, but I mistakenly thought the office management would take responsibility for their employee's criminal conduct. The property management company, National Community Renaissance, either was not informed of this incident, or if it was, became a participant in the cover-up. When I tried to pay rent, "Rosa" would not accept my payment, as witnessed by other residents. I had never been late on rent or filed a complaint in 4 years, although I had reasons to file complaints before. California law allows landlords to evict for no reason; this law enables corrupt landlords to continue the corruption. My next door neighbor there had been in prison for 25 years and would be on alcohol and/or drugs and come pounding on my door in the middle of the night with no shirt on and pants unzipped and staggering around. I just didn't answer my door; once again, I should have called the police. I did not report him to the office as I thought I would get evicted because he is Mexican (favored by office manager "Rosa") and I am not. I have been told he is now back in prison. Previously I had reported a window peeker by a Mexican worker picking up grocery carts around the premises in the middle of the night; I received an eviction notice for reporting that window peeker, but fought that eviction and was not evicted then. Like many other residents there, I was saving money to afford movers to get me out of there, but didn't get out soon enough. I hope this review prevents other unsuspecting disabled low income seniors from renting at and becoming another one of Cathedral Palms Apartments victims.