Catered Living at Laurelhurst Village-The Gardens - Portland, OR

At Laurelhurst Village we have a large campus that consists of a skilled nursing building, intermediate care on 2 floors of the main building and assisted living. We also have a Montessori preschool in the building and they participate in multi generational events and activities with our residents. I have never seen that at any other building in my years in the senior living industry. Our ratios are specific to assisted living and are various depending on the shift. these ratios are found in our front lobby and I would be happy to show them to you when you visit.
We do have quite the variety in the food items served here and there is always an alternative to choose. We have a very busy activities calendar with games, music, happy hour, outings, dining outings, fancy fingers ( they do your nails for you), therapy dog, movies and entertainment of all kinds.

Not For Us

It's been a care center for years. It used to be run by the Catholic Church, I think, but it was bought out about 10 years ago. It's been in business for a long time and has assisted living and everything but it was more like a nursing home. I don't know much about it except that it didn't seem like something we were interesed in.

Staff gained my confidence

We chose Laurelhurt Village because of the convenient location, the availability and the staff. The staff really made the difference they have been really good. They gained my confidence with their friendliness and professionalism. The prices are competitive with other communities. We are very pleased with our choice and would recommend it to anyone.

Very nice tour taken with director, v...

Very nice tour taken with director, very informative.