Cherry Blossom Cottage - Portland, OR

Cherry Blossom Cottage was founded on the principle of providing a high level of genuine caring, personal service to each of our residents. It is our goal to maintain the beauty and comfort of our residents in a place they are happy to call home.
Cherry Blossom Cottage is a quiet, 40 apartment residential care community, designed to provide a homelike environment and small enough to really know and care for each resident. The small size allows our staff to meet the distinctive needs of each resident and help them adapt to their changing needs.

Took off our list. The biggest unit would be too small.

It's A Nice Place But Not A Good Fit

For the most part the staff is great, the residents are nice, and the community is always clean. I feel there needs to be room for improvement on watching my mom's diabetic blood sugar and be more active with mom other than physical therapy. My mom is younger than most of the resident and she feel the activities are not appropriate for her and she would rather go on outings. This community is a good place, comfortable, and at a reasonable price but this place is not for my mom.

Confident About The Care

My friend is adjusting to this community, they have been very helpful to us. They are caring for her and her needs nicely. It is a very clean facility. The caregivers and staff are friendly and kind. There many activities for her to try when she is ready. So far, things seem to be going well.

Beautiful, clean facility

This is a very beautiful and clean facility with a great staff. The people here really truly care about the residents and their families. I think this is a great place.

wonderful, could not have asked for better

Bith Laura (the office manager) and Katie (the nurse) have been wonderful. You could not ask for more kind and caring help than they have offered. They have been very calm, patient, happy, helpful people all throughout. The same is true for all the staff. All in all Cherry Blossom Cottage is really great. I especially like that they are very small so that they are able to offer their residents very good one on one care and attention.

The only critique I have is that the bathroom my mother had seemed to be a little too small.

Other than that small complaint, everything has really been great.

A place I would choose to live.

Clean, homey, knowledgeable and friendly staff. I had advice to use my intuition in selecting a Residential Care Facility for family or friend. Would I like to live there? My answer to the facility I chose, Cherry Blossom Cottage in Portland, OR, was yes, I would choose to live here.

Outstanding

Outstanding all the way around, they really care about their residents, and it shows. We couldn't have found a better solution than Cherry Blossom Cottage.

review by april

FIrst visit to Cherry Blossom Cottage was positive, and my sister and I kept coming back to that experience as we compared other places we toured, to find a "perfect home for mommy". Within a couple days, we had decided this would be her home, and we were able to hold the room until all our moving arrangements and doctors' appointments could be coordinated.

A wonderful, caring place

The facility and staff at Cherry Blossom Cottage are both wonderful. The environment is warm & inviting, not institutional at all. The public areas are very residential in feeling and always clean and well cared for. The resident apartments are modern and efficient, yet quite spacious for studios and one bedrooms. The quality of the food service is good. The staff is what truly sets this facility apart. Everyone form the owner, administration, nursing staff, cooks, servers, care givers and even the maintenance man are friendly, helpful, responsible, available and most of all concerned about their resident's well being. The facility was the first choice after looking at a number of assisted living facilities. I live out of the area, but I never feel worried or concerned about the care my Father is getting and the quality of life offered here.

Very nice. Friendly staff. Great nurs...

Very nice. Friendly staff. Great nurse. very accommodating.
Great referrals from friends who had parents here.
Convenient size. not to big, more of a homey atmosphere.

JUST MOVED IN

I'm new to Cherry Blossom Cottage. I know my son and I made the right choice for me to come here.
It is really nice. I'm happy to be here.

great community

My mom toured this place and really liked it. Nice place.

Cherry Blossom Cottage

I am a dwarf confined to a wheel chair and need assistance with everything. The care givers here are wonderful and meet all my needs. I am happy to be here!

Cherry Blosom Cottage

My father has been at Cherry Blossom Cottage for four months. He has told me "I have never lived better". I am so happy for him!

Cherry Blossom Cottage

I have been here for four months. I have had several strokes and my daughter can no longer care for me. Luckily I am pretty much able to get along on my own as I can slowly walk with a cane and can bathe myself. Living here is very good for me as I can get around on my own and visit with the other residents. The care givers here are all wonderful and the meals are great. I am thankful that my daughter found Cherry Blossom Cottage for me to live out my life!

Cherry Blossom Cottage

I am in bad shape. i have bad kidneys and am too old for a transplant and need dialysis four times a week at the nearby hospital. Getting back and forth is a chore as I am totally dependent on the care givers as I am confined to a wheel chair. They make the trips to the hospital be O.K. which I am thankful for. The caregivers are all wonderful and the meals are great. Days that I do not have to go to the hospital I am wheeled to the dining room to be social. Otherwise I stay in and eat in my room.
Living at Cherry Blossom Cottage makes my life as good as it can be!

Cherry Blossom Cottagr

I am 94 and have been here.for over ten years. I have gone down hill and am now confined to a wheel chair. I am completely dependent on the care givers. Luckily they are all wonderful and work hard to make my life as possible. This is the best place I could possibly be.

Cherry Blossom Cottage

I will turn 101 in April 2013 and have been here for about two years having moved from another assisted living place. I thank my son for moving me! Everything at Cherry Blossom Cottage is wonderful!

The best living of my life!

Cherry Blossom Cottage is a wonderful place . I am a 72 year old male and have had two strokes. I moved to Cherry Blossom Cottage in November 2012. I've been here for four months and have never lived better in my life! When I got here I was on a walker. Within two months I no longer even need a cane thanks to their therapy. The food here is great! When I got here I was down to 155 lbs. Now I weigh 169 and have never felt better.d. The care gives do a great job and make you feel like you're special. The activities are fun and educational. They show two movies a week. I pick the movies from a batch sent every month from the county library.

Signed,
A very happy resident

PS - I hope to live at Cherry Blossom Village until my last breath!