Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace - Portland, OR

Enjoy exquisite views of downtown Portland and Mount Hood from your private balcony with your loved one. Offering pet friendly Independent & Assisted Living in a great location, close to healthcare, shopping and more. Complimentary scheduled transportation, medication management, daily housekeeping and more! Personalized tours daily, schedule yours today!

AMENITIES AVAILABLE
• Pet Care Available
• Dogs
SMOKING
• Allowed Outdoors

Beautiful community, amazing staff new, exciting and fun.
My experience in dealing with staff and tenants has been nothing but amazing! I would have my family trusted here 100%

Beautiful setting with outstanding staff. Very professional and friendly.

PT that we have had with hospice have had outstanding care.

Having worked in the senior living industry, I know what high stand aids look like! Calaroga Terrace has those standards! The love and care that they put into their community shows.

I continue to be impressed by [Removed], executive director. His approach with my clients is compassionate and commonsense. He listens to their needs and issues and responds quickly. I know that the residents at Calaroga Terrace appreciate his warmth, patience, and commitment.

As a local health insurance agent, I appreciate Pacifica’s hospitability, professionalism and willingness to help their residents and the community.

Well Organized

Awesome! So much spirit and well organized.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, thank you for the high star rating and great feedback! We are happy to hear it!! We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace!

Great Atmosphere

Great atmosphere, awesome music & people love the bubbles!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace! We are so happy to read such a great review and love that you love the bubbles! We do too!!!

More Staffing

More staffing to meet personal needs

Pacifica Senior Living

We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, so we are disappointed to hear that your visit with us was anything less than satisfactory. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

Fantastic

Doing fantastic things here!

Pacifica Senior Living

We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We are excited to see the final results, we are sure that you are too! We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

Most Amazing Experience

Most amazing experience loving our time supporting Alzheimer's

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

Supportive of Community

Pacifica Senior Living cares about supporting the broader community.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience. We like to stay involved in our community and enjoy what we do! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Great first impressions

Looking at touring soon.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help and we look forward to your next visit!

Well Organized

Very well organized. Great music! Great Weather!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review and for your high rating! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

Supportive

This is my first year and I didn't know what to expect but everyone is very supportive.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family. Have a wonderful day!

Enjoyed my tour

I'm really enjoying myself here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for the recommendation, we are so happy to hear this!!!! We are happy to have you here! Thank you again for the great review!

Love

We love you!

Pacifica Senior Living

We love you too!! Thank you for the positive review, we are very appreciative! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Wonderful Volunteers

Excellent! Volunteers are wonderful!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Recent Remodel & Strong Leadership! Top Of My List!

Calaroga Terrace has become a top quality senior care community. The leadership, nursing staff and other team members have created a fantastic culture that is all predicated on resident care and their overall happiness. With a recent remodel and strong leadership - it put Calaroga Terrace on the top of my list!

Loved my visit

Came to visit. Loved how beautiful the place was and clean. The food was delicious 😋! Thank you. :))

Pacifica Senior Living

Ysvidenko, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Awesome apartment!

My parents are in the process of getting a few small things worked out, but for the most part, everything is going quite smoothly. The place is very nice. My parents' apartment is awesome, which was really the savior in this process.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

A More Urban Setting

The experience has been good for the most part. My mom is in the Assisted Living and on a floor that is not wheelchair friendly. I wasn't aware until moving her into the community but she is getting use to it. Her apartment is nice and the bathroom has glass tile accents. She has nice counters and floors, with 2 patios off the room. She is much happier. A Place For Mom was a great service and I was impressed.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive 4-star review, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the improvements recently made and will continuing making.
Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Praise

I want to specifically praise [Removed] (now gone) for being so friendly and helpful at the front desk. Likewise, [Removed] has been extremely helpful with my mother's transition from IL to AL. My mother has lived at Calaroga for almost five years now. Unfortunately, the quality of service has gone downhill during that time, but with the new Director in place and a new chef in the dining room, things seem to be improving.

Pacifica Senior Living

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace take our reviews very seriously. We regret that you have had a negative experience, & are glad you brought this to our attention. We are working diligently in our community to make positive changes and we are pleased that you are noticing and feel certain that you will continue to see improvements.

We showed up for the scheduled meeting and the contact wasn't there. Had not received any cancellation or request for change. Have not received any follow up since.

This one off the list.

However, kudos to the activities manager, who happend to be there on his day off and took extra time to give us a walk though.

Pacifica Senior Living

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

A Short Tour

i did not get a good insight of the community. It was a brief and short tour. I was showed an apartment but didn't get a sense of the activities during the tour. I also did not get a good feeling, if it were more brief it would have been better.

Pacifica Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to tour our community and for leaving your review. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace take our reviews very seriously and we are sorry that you did not have a positive experience. If you'd be willing, we would love to talk directly with you and get more insight on your review.

Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace, [removed]

I have been very disappointed recently with care issues and billing issues. I have attempted several different ways of dealing with issues and staff is unable to follow through. No response to emails or phone calls. I am left with writing a poor review...maybe that will get a response? I can only hope.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Molly, the staff at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace take our reviews very seriously. We regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed].

Opinions on Calaroga

I love Calaroga & everyone working here from Leah, Kelly, Luke, Sam and all the others. They all go out of their way to assist you in anything you need.

The food leaves something to be desired. Sometimes it's outstanding, sometimes fair & sometimes yucky. I don't complain, I just don't eat it. I'm sure it's difficult to please 200+ folks. It is what it is. I can always count on the food being great when served at a function i.e. birthday parties & special occasions.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are continually making improvements and appreciate your constructive criticism. We will do our best to improve the menu options and will share your kind words with the team.

Awesome living but the food is awful

Calaroga staff were amazing when I was called on to help a friend transition from her home to a higher level of care. Leah [last name removed], Jody [last name removed] & Sharon [last name removed], Sam at the front desk are great-outstanding really.

The rest of the staff and residents at Calaroga are fantastic. People are active, social, friendly and seem to love their living situation. There are lots of activities, the location is awesome and the apartments beautiful.

The only negative feedback I have which seems to be consistent in other reviews, is with the quality of the food, which is poor, and the time it takes for residents to receive their meals. I have been there when it has taken an hour to have our food delivered and the food was terrible and my elderly friend reports she has waited 1.5 hours for an omelet. The wait staff are great but there is definitely a disconnect in the kitchen. Work the issues out in the kitchen Calaroga and you will receive 5 stars from us. Thanks.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi~ Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We recently hired a new Chef and he is working diligently to improve the kitchen and the food quality. We have a Facebook page and we post weekly pictures to it on the engaging activities our residents are engaged in. We will post some food images too for your review. We DO want to hear you viewpoint, so please feel free to contact the community at any time with your feedback. We cant wait to see your 5 star review, and we are confident you will!

Nice place

This facility is pretty nice. The apartments are nice and they are a decent size and the maintenance staff keeps the place pretty well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional. A nice place, but the food could be better.

Pacifica Senior Living

Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace - Portland, Or Family, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Things are going well

Things are going well. The only thing was when we moved in, the toilet wasn't clean and the linoleum was grouted. They are working on fixing that. Other than those issues, the staff is nice and things are going well.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it!

Great place for my dad

St. Andrew's has been great for my dad. The staff genuinely seems to care and he appears to get a lot of attention. They have been responsive to our needs and have looked for solutions to issues that have come up. There are several staff on each floor and different shifts, so sometimes there isn't a clear way to get info to all the care givers (i.e. "he likes to wear socks all the time;" "this is his favorite blanket"). The food is better than I expected; menu reads rather basic but it's all been tasty and the residents like it.

Pacifica Senior Living

Diane C, thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive review for St. Andrew's.

Lisa was a great help!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4.5 star review. We appreciate it!

Newly Remodeled

Property renovation is under way, it's so new we haven't had the opportunity to experience all of the amenities yet. So far so good!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Food is Uninspiring

The food is what my father use to call "Wisconsin Truck Stop" meaning it was pretty uninspiring. That was the biggest drawback, he lost a lot of weight there. We liked the apartment and the people, but the food was big problem.

Pacifica Senior Living

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace take our reviews very seriously. We have since made major changes tot he menu items and culinary team. Thank you for your feedback.

Nice place. Quiet, clean, friendly staff. Food smelled good. Large common areas.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate it. We invite you to try our food, its amazing! We have a new chef and he is really outdoing himself with one fantastic dish after another!

I really liked this place.

I really liked this place. Warm, friendly, and professional. Had lunch and it was actually pretty good, but could have had a little more spice.

It's a nice clean place. My Mom says ...

It's a nice clean place. My Mom says the food is very good.

Amazing Views for "Downtown Dad"!

The Calaroga Terrace is a perfect location for my "downtown" Dad! He has an amazing view, from the 17th floor, facing North. Gorgeous! The building is older but very sturdy and solid feeling. People are very friendly and Dad loves the food! He can also walk to Lloyd Center and a zillion other places in Northeast Portland. He can also take the Portland Tram directly downtown and the MAX Train is just a few blocks away. They are under-going a full remodel so a beautiful, comfortable home is getting even better. We are very pleased with The Calaroga Terrace!

happy

we have been very impressed by their understanding of what elders need, and what makes them comfortable. the staff could be better coordinated, the food could be hotter, but the mood is outstanding

Going downhill

This facility has declined sharply in recent months. Rents were raised and now every other apartment is empty. They seem to be short staffed everyday! Staff is paid minimum wage and you never see the same face twice. They don't even provide disinfecting spray or wipes to clean the common areas. For all the extra charges and high rent, the services just aren't there. The building is beautiful though and newly painted. Food is decent but always cold and the dining staff is terrible.

No Kitchens

That was a beautiful place! The views were just breathtaking of the hills and the river and the city. The reason I didn't move in to that one is because there was no kitchen in the unit. You had to eat every meal in the dining room and there was no option on that. Sometimes you just want to make a little breakfast or snack or something. They had two burners and a mini fridge but I don't know what you could do with that.

Good For Active Seniors

This was a much larger community and they couldn't meet my mother's care needs. They're absolutely great for active seniors because they have all kind sorts of activities. They have a beautiful, big dining room if you feel up to that and then they also have a dining room on each of the three care floors. There is lots that is wonderful about them but once my mother needed more care they really couldn't handle it.

Has the advantage of excellent views ...

Has the advantage of excellent views from this tall bldg and really close proximity to downtown.

Calarago is a great place.

Calarago is a great place.

Calaroga Terrace was nice, although u...

Calaroga Terrace was nice, although under remodel. The elevators were extremely slow and would be a confusing maze for my father. The parking situation is not at all good for visiting families. The memory care area was in need of sanitation because the smell was a little overwhelming. The studio apartments were much smaller than Russellville and the price was a little higher.

Calaroga Trc. Looks great. Will look ...

Calaroga Trc. Looks great. Will look into pricing. Readings/authors. Politically active.