Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace - Portland, OR

Located in Portland, Oregon, Calaroga Terrace is a retirement community like no other. A 17-story high-rise in the heart of the Lloyd District, Calaroga Terrace is a city within a city. Residents enjoy access to their own bank, beauty and barber shop, grocery store, chapel, post office, auditorium, and dining room. From studios to two-bedroom apartment homes with expansive views of the Willamette River and downtown Portland, we have several floor plan options to fit your lifestyle and budget. All apartment homes are equipped with individually-controlled heating and air conditioning along with free cable television, local telephone calls and the flexibility of month-to-month rent. We also provide our residents with delicious chef prepared meals, convenient and secured parking, free wireless Internet, scheduled transportation, social activities, and the convenience of weekly housekeeping. Calaroga Terrace also provides a Residential Care program designed for those who need personal assistance with activities of daily living. Whether it is bathing, dressing, or administering medications, our dedicated caregivers are available at our residents’ request for those inevitable times when a little more help is required. These continuing care options allow our residents to stay in their home at Calaroga Terrace. At Calaroga Terrace, you’ll find a true community of friends with whom you can enjoy an active, worry-free lifestyle accompanied by a professional staff to provide you with the finest in service. Calaroga Terrace is more than your home, it’s a retirement community designed for your needs!

A Short Tour

i did not get a good insight of the community. It was a brief and short tour. I was showed an apartment but didn't get a sense of the activities during the tour. I also did not get a good feeling, if it were more brief it would have been better.

I have been very disappointed recently with care issues and billing issues. I have attempted several different ways of dealing with issues and staff is unable to follow through. No response to emails or phone calls. I am left with writing a poor review...maybe that will get a response? I can only hope.

Opinions on Calaroga

I love Calaroga & everyone working here from Leah, Kelly, Luke, Sam and all the others. They all go out of their way to assist you in anything you need.

The food leaves something to be desired. Sometimes it's outstanding, sometimes fair & sometimes yucky. I don't complain, I just don't eat it. I'm sure it's difficult to please 200+ folks. It is what it is. I can always count on the food being great when served at a function i.e. birthday parties & special occasions.

Awesome living but the food is awful

Calaroga staff were amazing when I was called on to help a friend transition from her home to a higher level of care. Leah [last name removed], Jody [last name removed] & Sharon [last name removed], Sam at the front desk are great-outstanding really.

The rest of the staff and residents at Calaroga are fantastic. People are active, social, friendly and seem to love their living situation. There are lots of activities, the location is awesome and the apartments beautiful.

The only negative feedback I have which seems to be consistent in other reviews, is with the quality of the food, which is poor, and the time it takes for residents to receive their meals. I have been there when it has taken an hour to have our food delivered and the food was terrible and my elderly friend reports she has waited 1.5 hours for an omelet. The wait staff are great but there is definitely a disconnect in the kitchen. Work the issues out in the kitchen Calaroga and you will receive 5 stars from us. Thanks.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi~ Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We recently hired a new Chef and he is working diligently to improve the kitchen and the food quality. We have a Facebook page and we post weekly pictures to it on the engaging activities our residents are engaged in. We will post some food images too for your review. We DO want to hear you viewpoint, so please feel free to contact the community at any time with your feedback. We cant wait to see your 5 star review, and we are confident you will!

Nice place

This facility is pretty nice. The apartments are nice and they are a decent size and the maintenance staff keeps the place pretty well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional. A nice place, but the food could be better.

Things are going well

Things are going well. The only thing was when we moved in, the toilet wasn't clean and the linoleum was grouted. They are working on fixing that. Other than those issues, the staff is nice and things are going well.

Great place for my dad

St. Andrew's has been great for my dad. The staff genuinely seems to care and he appears to get a lot of attention. They have been responsive to our needs and have looked for solutions to issues that have come up. There are several staff on each floor and different shifts, so sometimes there isn't a clear way to get info to all the care givers (i.e. "he likes to wear socks all the time;" "this is his favorite blanket"). The food is better than I expected; menu reads rather basic but it's all been tasty and the residents like it.

Lisa was a great help!

Newly Remodeled

Property renovation is under way, it's so new we haven't had the opportunity to experience all of the amenities yet. So far so good!

Food is Uninspiring

The food is what my father use to call "Wisconsin Truck Stop" meaning it was pretty uninspiring. That was the biggest drawback, he lost a lot of weight there. We liked the apartment and the people, but the food was big problem.

Nice place. Quiet, clean, friendly staff. Food smelled good. Large common areas.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate it. We invite you to try our food, its amazing! We have a new chef and he is really outdoing himself with one fantastic dish after another!

I really liked this place.

I really liked this place. Warm, friendly, and professional. Had lunch and it was actually pretty good, but could have had a little more spice.

It's a nice clean place. My Mom says ...

It's a nice clean place. My Mom says the food is very good.

Amazing Views for "Downtown Dad"!

The Calaroga Terrace is a perfect location for my "downtown" Dad! He has an amazing view, from the 17th floor, facing North. Gorgeous! The building is older but very sturdy and solid feeling. People are very friendly and Dad loves the food! He can also walk to Lloyd Center and a zillion other places in Northeast Portland. He can also take the Portland Tram directly downtown and the MAX Train is just a few blocks away. They are under-going a full remodel so a beautiful, comfortable home is getting even better. We are very pleased with The Calaroga Terrace!

happy

we have been very impressed by their understanding of what elders need, and what makes them comfortable. the staff could be better coordinated, the food could be hotter, but the mood is outstanding

Going downhill

This facility has declined sharply in recent months. Rents were raised and now every other apartment is empty. They seem to be short staffed everyday! Staff is paid minimum wage and you never see the same face twice. They don't even provide disinfecting spray or wipes to clean the common areas. For all the extra charges and high rent, the services just aren't there. The building is beautiful though and newly painted. Food is decent but always cold and the dining staff is terrible.

No Kitchens

That was a beautiful place! The views were just breathtaking of the hills and the river and the city. The reason I didn't move in to that one is because there was no kitchen in the unit. You had to eat every meal in the dining room and there was no option on that. Sometimes you just want to make a little breakfast or snack or something. They had two burners and a mini fridge but I don't know what you could do with that.

Good For Active Seniors

This was a much larger community and they couldn't meet my mother's care needs. They're absolutely great for active seniors because they have all kind sorts of activities. They have a beautiful, big dining room if you feel up to that and then they also have a dining room on each of the three care floors. There is lots that is wonderful about them but once my mother needed more care they really couldn't handle it.

Has the advantage of excellent views ...

Has the advantage of excellent views from this tall bldg and really close proximity to downtown.

Calarago is a great place.

Calarago is a great place.

Calaroga Terrace was nice, although u...

Calaroga Terrace was nice, although under remodel. The elevators were extremely slow and would be a confusing maze for my father. The parking situation is not at all good for visiting families. The memory care area was in need of sanitation because the smell was a little overwhelming. The studio apartments were much smaller than Russellville and the price was a little higher.

Calaroga Trc. Looks great. Will look ...

Calaroga Trc. Looks great. Will look into pricing. Readings/authors. Politically active.