Carson Senior Assisted Living - Carson, CA

They were not ready when I showed up for the appointment. The person that was to do the tour was off, so it was a bit disorganized and there appeared to not be enough staff as I saw quite a few residents but only a few staff.
When I finally did the tour all I smelled was urine in the hallways.

I was disappointed that the Administrator was not there for my appointment. The staff person that conducted the tour was nice and professional. The facility was clean. I didn’t notice any bad odors. There was a monthly calendar of activities posted and group pictures of residents participating in activities. While there the residents were watching tv. I didn’t see any staff interacting with the residents. The outdoor patio area was not well maintained and disappointing. There was a monthly menu calendar. Three meals per day and snacks. There is the option to substitute sandwiches for the standard meals. The dining area was fair. Bathrooms were clean and had grab bars. Overall, It’s an older facility and dreary.

I really like this place. It was clean and they have a friendly staff. The 2nd floor does need some renovation.

Didn't like the facility; too large and no one was available to talk with us when we went by. Unpleasant odors, and no one was attending/securing the facility.

I did take a tour with [Removed], I liked this place, very clean and friendly. The [Removed] rooms are perfect, a little small but manageable.

Although,the memory care directed was very friendly and the price was great,I was not impressed. While touring the MemoryCare section, Hallways smelled. Very depressing atmosphere. Not a place for my Parents.

Needs some updating.

My tour was a good one the staff was able to answer all my questions and the community looked well maintained but it is an older building and does need to be updated. The location was also a big factor as it is not near my medical doctors.

Cons are outweighing the pros...

There have been negatives and positives to the experience with Carson Senior Living. The director is very helpful and concerned and will help with whatever.He has a gal that helps him and she addresses any concerns I have.The care giving is very nice and I have no issues there. There are some concerns. The quality of the food is not up to par. I keep asking them for low-sugar and low-sodium options. They tell me they will accommodate my mother but they they bring her a bag of potato chips and a sandwich. My mom also has COPD and congestive heart-failure and uses oxygen. When you enter the second floor of the community there is a strong smoke odor. I didn't know what it was at first but I realized people are going on the patio smoking and leaving the door open. Also, the condition of the building is outdated.

A Great Place

I am very grateful that Carson Assisted Living was suggested as one of the places for my dad.

Carson Assisted Living has great employees. They treat my dad like he is a part of their family. They also are very kind, helpful, and responsive to me.

Carson Assisted Living will make doctor appointments and then drive him to them. The driver sits in with him during the appointment to make sure things go right.

My dad also likes living there. And, he loves the employees.

i am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff really goes out of there way and shows how much they care. This community is very caring and patient. My mom is happy with the meals and seems to enjoy everything. We have recommend the care here to loved ones and friends.

Nice Community, My tour Went well

My tour of this community was a good one. The community from what I saw appeared to be well maintained and clean. The staff I met was very kind and welcoming. They have nice resources available. The location was just a little to far for us. It was a good experience.

Moving someone to a Care facility

The facility is well maintained. The care and responsibility to the tenants can be questionable at times. Just make sure to keep an open rapport with the staff and do not hesitate to ask questions and expect responses in a reasonable time. Make sure you get in writing what you are paying for, For example we were quoted a base room rate of 1,250 per month but were charged 1,500 per month based on the verbal info we could provide the facility. We did not get in writing what the extra 250 charged was for but after negotiations was able to reduce it to 100 over the room rate and now know that we are only paying extra for help with showers. Do not be shy with anyone, you are placing a loved one where they do not want to be and it is their and your responsibility to make sure they are getting what you are paying for.

They're Awesome

The staff members are just very genuine and they really want to help the residents. They all know what they are doing and I can not see anything that they need improvement on right now. They are awesome.

Fantastic

Joe & Noah are compassionate and very professional which is much appreciated.

They Do A Decent Job

Carson Senior Assisted Living does as good a job as they can. They cannot force people to join in. They do the medications like they are suppose to and they feed them good, and just basically all in all they do a decent job.

Good so far!

Care is great as well as the value!

brother is happy

I think that the room my brother is staying in at Carson Senior Assisted Living could be kept cleaner. I have been there numerous times and there was only one that it was actually as clean as it should be. And it is always very hard finding anyone to talk to or go to for help or to offer feedback.

Despite all that, my brother is actually quite happy there.

very good

We have had a very good experience with Carson Senior Assisted Living. The food in particular is very good and keeps my grandfather happy. He is very happy there and we would recommend them.

Comfortable

They were the best price and Its comfortable there.

Best Place for Senior Living

This is a great place for any senior at any and all levels. My Mom has a severe form of dementia and this is the best place that I have found that cares for her needs efficiently with both patience and compassion. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. They keep me abreast of my Mom's condition with detailed information. I'm so relieved to have found Carson Senior Living, I don't have to worry about my Mom anymore because I know she is receiving the best of care.

carson arbor hall

Great staff. Not enough activities for Arbor Hall residents. Needs some fresh paint and more light in rooms, but Staff and Noah who runs the Alzheimer's unit is just the most caring person and most helpful!

Review of Carson Senior Assisted Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Carson, CA

Building not well kept. Carpets dirty, curtains tattered. Could use a makeover.

Carson Assisted Senior Living is not ...

Carson Assisted Senior Living is not the best in the world, but it's not the worst either. It is a low cost facility, so the bare minimum is present, like the furniture. Staff is friendly, although it's hard to understand some of them due to their accents. The food provided is adequate. Overall the facility is ok.

The staff is excellent.

The staff is excellent. The activities could happen a little more often, that is probably the only thing. The food was fine, when I've had it, and I don't hear any complaints from my loved one. I chose them based on the whole package, the staff was great, it was clean, they were a good value, and I liked that I could come by anytime, and I would be happy with what I see, I don't have to warn them that I am coming first.

My first impression of the facility w...

My first impression of the facility was positive. The entry way was clean and organized. Every Staff Member involved with helping us were pleasant, knowledgeable, and curteous. They had many activities available for the residents to participate in. The location was great for what we were looking for. The environment was conducive to the type of care we were looking for. The price was a little more than what we originally had budgeted for but, Overall I am very pleased with our selection.

PLACE FOR MOM

CARSON SENIOR ASSISTED LIVING IS THE BEST. JOE AND ALL HIS STAFF OUR SO HELPFUL. THEY HAVE HELP ME SO MUCH WITH MY MOM ITS THIS THE BEST PLACE. THEY INVITED ME TO HAVE THANKGIVING DINNER WITH MY MOTHER IT WAS VERY NICE GOOD FOOD AND LIVE MUSIC.

THANK FOR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS R THE BEST.

Place was nice close to whe...

Place was nice close to where I live rooms were good size the carpet was old and worn and halls smelled like they had been mopped with moldy or mildewed mop. so there was a musty odor. price I was quoted was different than what is shown on web site.

When I arrived at the facil...

When I arrived at the facility the fire supervisory alarm 5 was sounding. Joe the person I was to meet had car trouble so I took the tour with Ginger whom was sick and coughing. The exterior main entrance had stucco damage along with plaster damage around some of the interior door, could see this plaster falling into ones eyes. I like the pricing, one charge includes everything, no surprise charges. The building is old and had that old musty smell, some of the patients had tolerant odors. The rooms and privacy are acceptable, but the facility is setup like a convalastant center. The group activities looks good on the calendar, but the atmosphere did not feel positive and cheerful.

Understaffed

It seems like they are extremely understaffed and that causes the residents to not get the level of care they need. Overall they have had a few problems with items being misplaced and the staff not being able to explain how something happened, but those problems stem from the fact that they are understaffed and overworked. We are not pleased with them and would not recommend them.

Beyond our expectations

We chose Carson Senior Assisted Living because it was just the ideal community for what we were looking for. It is within our budget without sacrificing excellence in service. They provide different levels of care that are very competitively priced as well. It is an older building but it is very well maintained and the staff has done everything to go above our expectations. We could not speak anymore highly of the Carson community we would highly recommend this community to anyone that is in search of budget friendly excellent care.

Mom checked this one for Grandma, but...

Mom checked this one for Grandma, but and wasn't crazy about it.

Really like this place. Price is reas...

Really like this place. Price is reasonable, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. Administrative staff extremely helpful. Only con is the exterior of building not very pleasing to eye.

My dad didn't like it, but I did. $1...

My dad didn't like it, but I did. $1250 shared, $1650 shared restroom, $1950 private. Price incl. all care. Not a locked facility.

Imagine a home where you are surrounded by an extended family of friends as well as our caring, long-term staff. An environment that is dedicated to making you feel cherished and at ease. Our devoted staff is committed to providing you with more than just a place to live... our goal is to provide you with a home. A home where attention to your individual personal needs is always delivered with dignity and a genuine spirit of caring. You will find that we provide the highest level of service, value and quality available truly, everything you are looking for in a senior assisted living community.