Villa Sorrento - Torrance, CA

Tour guide was pleasant and welcoming. First floor brighter and more expensive; second floor stuffy and dark. Not what I was hoping for.

Great Place for my Mom

I love this community for my mother the staff is very supportive and responsive when any issues have come up. They keep it very clean and the garden are is in tip top shape. She loves to play the piano from time to time also. She loves that they let her have her dog here. They take her to her doctor's appointments and that's great help for me. I would recommend this to friends and family definitely getting my value here.

Great Respite care

My mom has been here for respite care and physical therapy while she regains her strength so that she can return to her own home. She has enjoyed joining in the activities with the other residents, going to the dining room and her room is very nice, they have supplied her with everything she needs for her stay here. I would recommend taking a tour here as the community and staff are great.

Villa Sorrento is such a great place! I loved that they have assigned seating in the dining area, and the placemats are laminated photos of the resident who sits there. Allows them to see who is not there, and it also helps the senior to see where their place is. Room size, and layout are fine. Most convenient to doctors, hospitals, and my home. However it has a long waiting list for shared rooms and they can give no idea of time it would take to get a shared room. It comes recommended also from a friend who used to visit a resident there.

Nice Tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan as well as other amenities for the residents. It was just no the right fit for my dad in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Everyone there was wonderful!

My mother in law was only at Villa Sorrento for 4 days before she had a fall and we realized she needed a higher level of care. We wish she would have been able to go back because the caretakers there were wonderful, especially the care manager. The place was clean and well maintained. There were a few things they could have done differently.

The best value!

We liked the Villa Sorrento but my loved one did not. In my opinion, it was the best value for the cost. It is perfect for people who are on a budget because they included a lot of care into their monthly rate. I would recommend this community.

Very clean and nicely decorated. friendly staff, many activities for residents.

Review of Villa Sorrento - Torrance, CA

Carla was unavailable but the lady that gave me the tour had great energy an d was very outgoing with residents. Place was clean. No kitchenettes in rooms and assigned seating in dining area. While there a musical performance was well attended in rec room.

Villa Sorento is horrible!!!

The caregivers are horrible. I got my mom a place at Villa Sorento. According to the reviews that I read, the caregivers goes out of the way to care for their elderly. This is a fallacy!!! They treated my mom badly!!! Something that I couldn't accept. My mom always complain about how they mostly give her the food that she does not like. My mom doesn't have an Alzheimer's. She is just under the hospice care and all she just want is to stay in an elderly community. I am telling everyone about their service because I would not recommend it for anyone!!!

Happy and Satisfied

I think they go out of their way to really inspect and make sure things are clean and orderly. She is very happy and satisfied with being there. She has found friends and likes all the people. She participates in the activities. She has a balcony, which most places don't.

very good

Mom really liked the food at Villa Sorrento. They had activities there, but she was not really involved in them. I am not sure if they could have done anything more to help get her engaged in them.

Overall the experience was very good.

This facility would probably be OK if it were not for my mom's onset of dementia. I'm afraid the facility is too large, she'd get confused, and not receive the individual attention and level of care she requires.

An Ideal Place for Mom

Mom was at the home for two week respite care while I was out of town. It was her first time in a home and she
resisted the idea at first. She required quite a bit of assistance. She was pleased and had only good things to say about the home and staff. She is now comfortable with the idea of staying there again in the future. My personal experience upon visitiing the home and meeting the staff was very satisfying.

She loves the place.

Everything is fine. She loves the place. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We haven't had any problems at all. She loves the food. We liked the location too, that is really why we chose it.

nice pleasant stay

The place at Villa Sorrento was very nice. Dad was only in there a month and a half, and it was pleasant enough for the duration of his stay. Unfortunately he fell and broke his hip while he was there so is now in the hospital, but we were pleased with what we experienced during the time he was at Villa Sorrento.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I was impressed by what we saw here! It was a nice looking, clean community, and the staff all seemed very friendly! The residents all seemed happy and friendly, and it looked like the place had a good variety of activities to keep everyone entertained.

A great place to staty

This was a great place for my Mother and very affordable.

It was only for a short 2 week stay but if I ever need a permanent home for her this would be it

Very small rooms. Strange o...

Very small rooms. Strange odor throughout the building. Assigned seats for dinner. Not a nursing station.

$2600-$3200 plus $500 escor...

$2600-$3200 plus $500 escort plus $800 dressing inconstancy care=$4500/mo Total NO AVAILABALITIES

It's terrific.

It's terrific. There have been some complaints about the food. They do offer substitutes, though. Other than that we don't really have any complaints.

The place is very clean. The staff s...

The place is very clean. The staff super helpful, caring and nice. Food is good. My mom is very happy here.

Great Staff and Director

The staff could not have been more helpful and professional. They made my mom feel right at home. They spent extra time orientating her to the facility and services they offered. They offer a lot of activities every day.

Mom is Safe Here

I think overall it's a little better than average. It's good enough. I don't have any real complaints. They're pretty good. My mom doesn't like the food but I tasted it and, to me, it wasn't all that bad. Mostly she complains about the food. She's just kind of a picky person when it comes to food anyway. For me, I wouldn't recommend the food but I didn't think it was the worst.

They have a bingo game which my mom doesn't go to. They have morning exercises like chair aerobics.. I think that's great. They do little outings but I think they may not have enough transportation. They can't take everybody that wants to go.

For the money and value, I think it's fair. They seem pretty good at watching out for her. If anything happened they call me right away. The main thing is they're watching her to make sure she's okay. Safety is number one so that's why I don't put too much pressure on the food or things like that.

One bedrooms Tub shower O...

One bedrooms Tub shower One unit share 1600 Includes meds and full laundry Clean Three cna Dinning served at table Set time and setting A few activities One van for transportation All units have balcony Twin beds Ok for M

Living Condition for Seniors

Villa Sorrento has dedicated staff members who oversees residents in many areas so that their living condition is comfortable, clean, engaging, and safe. My mother-in-law has been living there since late May of 2013 and I visited her multiple times a week. I observed staff who made her bed, vacuumed her room, cleaned her bathroom while other staff members were busy doing the laundry, or cooking/cleaning at the kitchen area. I was very impressed with care workers who kept track of resident's medicine schedule and they would call the pharmacy for refills. There are staff members who manages social activities -i.e. field trips for picnic or daily walk or to local restaurants, daily chair exercises, special parties and daily bingo games. This facility provides a wide range of services to assist seniors to live in an environment where they do not feel so alone.

I was very surprised at the...

I was very surprised at the facility. It looks run down, staff was not as attentive with their senior care. needs lots of work.

rooms look too much like motels; rat...

rooms look too much like motels; rather small; hallways are dark; people don't look happy. Took Mom here and she liked it?

Community well maintained. Seniors e...

Community well maintained. Seniors encountered were friendly. Location ideal. Close to current doctors. Price reasonable. Food questionable. Transportation available for doctors appointments with assistance to office. Personal mailbox provided. No dementia accommodations if required later.

Not a bad location, near medical and ...

Not a bad location, near medical and shopping, only a few miles from Brian/Adora. and pretty plain -- anything but impressive. The rooms were nice enough, but just pretty simple, and not very big, only kitchenettes. Think construction/styling from the 60's or 70's. Two mini vans for transportation; weekly outings, scheduled store runs, etc. Best thing going for it is that it is right around a lot of medical buildings and Torrance Memorial hospital.

I have visited this location, would l...

I have visited this location, would like to be closer to LCM.

liked a lot

liked a lot

Nice.

Nice.

Love this place. Price is reasonable,...

Love this place. Price is reasonable,nice atmosphere,friendly staff. Only con is the second floor units are in price range, while first floor units are more costly.

This was a good property. I would de...

This was a good property. I would describe it a "shabby chic." For the cost it is a good alternative.

Nice energy. Two rooms available - $2...

Nice energy. Two rooms available - $2,400 and $2,600. Loved the location!

Villa Sorrento is a five-star assisted living community that focuses on nurturing independence while providing on-call assistance.

Some popularServices include:
- hygiene assistance (oral, grooming, dressing, incontinence care)
- weekly laundry and housekeeping
- transportation shuttle
- three meals daily (plus snacks)
- medication management

Located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, Torrance is a metropolitan city with a small town ambiance. Neighborhoods are safe, peaceful and activity-friendly.

Staying Active in Torrance

Residents enjoy a wide range of engaging activities from perusing museums to shopping the expansive farmer's market or soaking up the sunshine on the 1.5 mile stretch of Pacific Ocean beach.

Museums

Torrance features over a dozen facilities offering educational programs and viewing opportunities across a wide spectrum of interests for all ages.
- California Museum of Fine Arts : local and world photography, art deco, design, and crafts
- Torrance Art Museum : art appreciate lectures, artist discussions, industry conferences
- Western Museum of Flight : celebrates aerospace achievements in Southern California
- Lomita Railroad Museum : memorializes the steam engine era of railroads in California
- Toyota USA Automobile Museum : honors 55 years of Toyota achievements in the USA
- International Printing Museum : displays large collection of antique printing presses
- World of Dinosaurs : catering to those interested in all things prehistoric

Shopping

Known for its dense population of malls and shopping centers, residents enjoy easy-access to service providers, big box stores, small boutiques, specialty shops, theaters, and dining.
- Del Amo Fashion Center : upscale Galleria mall with over 200 stores, dining, and theater
- : three levels of popular retail shops and restaurants
- Crossroads Shopping Center : convenient strip mall, eateries, service centers, and shops
- Torrance Promenade : massive shopping center with name-brand retailers and grocers
- Country Hills Shopping Center
- Carson Western Center
- Airport Plaza Shopping Center
- Promenade On The Peninsula : open-air mall, arcades, spas, clothiers, retail and more

Entertainment, Leisure, and Dining

Catch the latest movie release, local playhouse theater, comedy acts or just enjoy a quiet dinner with friends or loved ones. Torrance has the ticket for all your leisure time needs.

Live Theater
- Geffen Play House (award-winning live theater)
- Torrance Theater Company (local productions)

Multiplex Movie Theaters
- AMC18 Del Amo
- AMC 20 Rolling Hills
- AMC Dine-In South Bay Galleria
- Regal Cinemas 13 Promenade
- Starlight Terrace Cinemas 6

Outdoors Leisure
- Trump Golf Course (unmatched elegance and amenities)
- Torrance Beach (luxurious view of the Pacific Ocean, sparsely populated)
- South Coast Botanic Garden
- Oktoberfest At Alpine Village
- Strand Bike Trail (bike along the coastline from Torrance Beach to Malibu)
- Madrona Marsh Preserve (bird watching and nature hikes)
- Annual Festival of the Kite (Redondo Beach Pier)
- Municipal and private golf courses galore

Specialty Restaurants and Food Shops
- Restoration Kitchen & Wine (American, wine)
- Hey 19 Public House (American, comfort food, cocktails)
- Madre (Mexican, cocktails)
- Brio Coastal bar & Kitchen (American, sandwiches, cocktails)
- Local Kitchen (American, comfort foods, cocktails)
- Red Rock (Japanese, steakhouse, saki)
- HopSaint Brewing (American, drinks)
- Frida Mexican Cuisine (Mexican)
- Wadatsumi (Japanese)
- Yellow Fever (Japanese, Korean, Asian Fusion)
- The Jolly Oyster Market (seafood)
- Torrance Bakery (sandwiches, premium baked goods, and specialties)
- Torrance Farmer's Market (indoor, year-round, farm-to-table fresh dairy, meat, and produce)

Climate

Torrance is the epitome of ""fun in the warm California sun!"" Whether you are a sports lover, skateboarder, fishing enthusiast or just love getting outdoors for a brisk walk, the weather here is just right for you. Here's what to expect on average annually:
- 279 days of sunshine
- 14 inches of rain
- Zero snowfall
- January low of around 49 degrees Fahrenheit
- July high of around 77 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sperling's Comfort Index of 85 out of 100 (US average 54)
- High humidity (due to ocean proximity)
- UV Index 6.2 (US average 4.3)
- 22 days of precipitation (US average 102)

Community Services

Quality of life in Torrance is supported by a dedicated system of healthcare, and education and transportation services.

Healthcare
Area hospitals provide modern treatment facilities with state-of-the-art diagnostics, advanced medical procedures, and physical therapy for the finest care, including children and seniors.
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center (2nd location in San Pedro)
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles South Bay
- Marina Del Rey Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente South Bay Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital of Gardena/Avanti
- Little Company of Mary Hospital Pavilion (Redondo Beach)
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
- Kindred Hospital South Bay (Gardena)
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center (Long Beach)
- Avanti Hospital (El Segundo)
- College Medical Center (Long Beach)

Education

Higher education opportunities abound with over 120 university, college, and technical institutes in and near Torrance. There is an excellent mix of 2 and 4-year programs, private and public institutions, as well as advanced degree programs in all disciplines. Here are just 12 examples demonstrating the diversity of opportunities:
- El Camino Community College
- ITT Technical Institute Torrance
- Marymount California University
- California Institute of the Arts
- California State University (Long Beach)
- Long Beach City College (2 convenient locations)
- American Career College
- North-West College
- California State University (Carson)
- Pacific Coast University School of Law
- Covenant College
- National University

Transportation

Getting around the Torrance metro area is a breeze with numerous options available. Support for seniors and disabled residents is widely available. These systems provide exceptional inter-connectivity throughout the South Bay community. Some of the most popular include:

Bus
- Torrance Transit (metro bus lines)
- Santa Monica Municipal Bus Lines (Blue Bus)
- LADOT Transit Services
- Long Beach Transit
- Palos Verdes Transit Authority

Taxi
- Senior Taxi Program (for 65 years and older, offered by Torrance Transit)
- Dial-a-Taxi (for disabled residents, offered by Torrance Transit)
- Yellow Cab

- RideMatch
- LAWA (Los Angeles World Airports) Rideshare
- Carpool Torrance California Rideshare
- Vanpool Rideshare LA County

Villa Sorrento is the ideal retirement location for independent-minded seniors looking to enjoy the relaxed small town atmosphere of Torrance, yet maintain access to big city excitement and amenities.
Contact us today for more information and to schedule a tour.