Sunnyside Retirement - Torrance, CA has yet not published prices.

My dad worked here and now he lives here!

My Father is here currently and he loves it! He even cut hair here for 20 years before actually moving in. Of course he’d rather be home, but he says he’s extremely well taken care of, he likes the food, there are lots of activities, he’s been kept busy, and it’s really been an easy transition. He was working up until recently and he didn’t want to go to a “home” and so far, to him, it hasn’t felt like a home. He doesn’t seem to have a problem with the staff and he likes the administrator, he even knows a few ladies that work there at the front desk. I do have one tiny complaint, though. In the evenings, between 5 and 6:30, they seem to be relatively short staffed and you get switched back and forth between the two buildings. There was one instance that happened but it’s been taken care of since. They’re very easy to deal with, very polite, and other than the one glitch, I’ve had no issues whatsoever. There are exercises every day that he can do, bingo, and games. There’s an activity room and a TV room that he can go to and visit with everyone. They play movies and have popcorn, he can have ice cream whenever he wants it, and they provide 3 meals a day with snacks in between. They’re very accommodating and everything has been kept clean. If there’s any situation, I can email/call/talk to [Removed], the administrator, immediately. If there are any questions or problems, it’s taken care of right away. I would recommend them.

Sunnyside Retirement is a bit further from my home than I'd planned to travel, but it was a place that can accommodate seniors in various stages of need. They are adjacent to a rehab facility and down the block from a skilled nursing long term care, although there is no guarantee that a bed would be available. Sunnyside was pleasant and the rooms were furnished nicely. I also liked that the eating area had assigned seating. They have 4 levels of care for extra services, and seem geared to providing that care. [Removed], the woman at the desk, took me around and answered all my questions. She even brought over a caregiver to explain how they care for residents. It's apparent why they have no vacancies at present!

Won't take dialysis patients.

To much remodeling going on

My tour here was different the staff did their best but there was a lot of remodeling going on and I just did not feel like this would work out at all. Besides the location was too far from my friends and all my medical doctors.

Good option

Sunnyside is a community I would consider for my mother. It's costs a bit more than our budget but I feel my mother would be more comfortable here.It's a smaller community, with only 50 residents.

The staff at this facility were very helpful and professional. It's clean and looks well run. The residents all seemed content. It's very reasonably priced but is showing alot of wear.

We LOVE Sunnyside Retirement Center?

I wish Mom could still be there. This place is such a gem. It felt good to have her in such a warm and nurturing place. Unfortunately, Mom requires skilled round-the-clock nursing now. But we remain forever grateful to Sunnyside Retirement Center. Please don't confuse it with the nursing center. We have also used them. Our experience with the nursing center, while not as stellar as the retirement center was also not as bad as what the negative reviewer is stating.

Seemed very good to me

The bad review about the person there only 4 days appears to apply NOT to the Retirement Center, but the Rehab next door. They have separate staff.
Mom & I toured last weekend and the activities director there (15 years) was great, the place seemed clean, wide hallways, large rooms & bathrooms (plenty for private, sufficient for shared). Available furniture looked really nice. Nice large dining, activity & TV rooms. Private rooms have sliding door to outside landscaped areas & patio. Bldg is in a square, so there is a large landscaped quad outside. Price was good. Provides assisted living, but not serious dementia care, and no residents confined to wheelchair or bed.