Welbrook South Bay - Torrance, CA

I would like to schedule another tour for the month of August. We have visited before, but my mother doesn't remember much about it. She does remember that she liked it.

August 30th at 11am-We had another tour. [Removed] likes it though she stated she prefers to stay where she is, Harbor Terrace. I think Welbrook is great, due to the layered memory care approach., the facility, the reputation, the location. I would still consider Welbrook at the top of my list when [Removed] can no longer stay at Harbor Terrace.

[Removed] and I had lunch at Welbrook today. She likes Welbrook, She would rather stay at Harbor Terrace now. When the time is right, and I am not sure when that will be, she will move to Welbrook after Harbor Terrace

Well worth the price

I would definitely recommend this community if they could afford it tends to be on the expensive side. However, the price is well worth it for my mom though I have seen her improve by at least 50 percent since she moved her. Mom had wanted a private room which is hard to come by and they had availability of a private room which was wonderful since it was a must have on our wish list.
She is making friends that are of the same culture as her she is being more social. She is happy and enjoying the food. The staff is wonderful very friendly and helpful.
Outside and inside are clean and well kept.

Great stay!

Everything is going just fine! The facility is clean and we really like the staff. The meals are also great for my loved one, and there are plenty of activities to choose from We have no complaints so far!

A place for care

I liked this bright community for care. Very clean and nice. This location was to far for me to get to my mom. The staff was nice. They had a nice menu. It felt like a resort that was large. They had nice activites available. The staff were nice and caring. It found it to be smaller but very nice. My mom would of like this community and we would recommend others to come for a tour for care and a good value.

My wife and I have recently placed her mother in Welbrook's Memory Care building. This is our first experience placing a loved one in any such facility. Needless to say, first the search and then the admission process has been both time consuming and emotional. Mom has only been resident at Welbrook for one week, but already we're convinced we selected the right home for her. From our first tour of the facility through the entire assessment process, Welbrook personnel took care to answer all our questions and guide us through the admission. These past few weeks, looking in on Mom, we're already so impressed with the level of care and attention paid by the building's staff. Every resident's situation is different of course, and the staff has paid particular attention to Mom's individual needs.
We're off to a great start at Welbrook!

The staff was very professional and helpful. It's relatively new and it shows. It's not cheap but it seems to be priced competitively. Mom has decided to have in-home care.

Good Tour, Everything Went Well

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well, and this is a nice community. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was friendly and nice. They answered my questions and were informative as well. It was good experience, and they treated us well.

Quality of building is beautiful!!

My loved one absolutely loves the food she thinks it is outstanding. The staff is also very loving and makes sure my mothers needs are being satisfied. The quality of the building is beautiful, everything runs smoothly like clockwork. I would defiantly recommend this place.

what a great place

this place is great clean, great staff, good food, my grandmother is very happy there.

they are taking great care of her and she is making lots of friends. she is also a lot closer so we can visit her more.

Staff is amazing !!

The staff was very patient and welcoming with my father . The staff take care to keep clients engaged and active as much as possible. Welbrook has a full activities schedule including walks and a variety of games. On weekends Welbrook brings in singers and musicians to perform for the clients. On Sunday afternoons there is also a sightseeing drive in one of the facility's vans. The food is good and there is always plenty of it. The facility is brand new and has been kept very clean . The staff do a deep cleaning of rooms once a week. Overall we are happy with the care my father is receiving, and he appears to be enjoying Welbrook more as he gets accustomed to it.

Understaffed, to the point of negligent, and overpriced

We liked this community!

They were building a new community when my daughters toured Welbrook. It is a nice community and my husband was on the waiting list. The staff were nice during the tour. We however were not thrilled with the pricing system so we did choose another community.

Very Happy

We are extremely pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. My mother has adjusted very well to it. They are caring for her and her needs very well. It is a very affordable facility. I would give it the highest rating in everything. We like it and I would higher recommend it.

The right place for my mom.

Welbrook - An EXCELLENT Facility!

My wife and I are so extremely happy that we selected Welbrook to care for my father. The facility is top-notch, and on our first visit, we were surprised by how "non-instatitutional" it looked. The facility is more like a nice hotel than an assisted living center.

The staff at Welbrook is wonderful. Always caring and friendly, every visit we make, they fill us in on how my father is doing, and let us know what's been happening.

If you're considering using Welbrook, do yourself a favor and schedule a meeting with the staff, take a tour of the building, and ask all of your questions. In my experience, the excellent staff is always willing to help however they can.

Welcoming Community

Everything is going very well for my parents since their move into Welbrook. I really do feel they are taking very good care of my parents and their needs. It is a brand new facility so everything looks fresh and clean. The staff has been great very helpful and kind to my parents. My mother does not like the food and she has expressed her concerns about the food. It is a smaller community so they are not so overwhelmed. It is a welcoming community and I would recommend it.

Helpful When Around

They are very helpful when I am there. My loved one is not there now, but I have been having some issues though, and I really would have liked some better suggestions from them on how to handle the problem.

The residents seem very happy

They are having some growing pains right now because they are new. They do not have enough staff. It is not a big problem, but it shows some. The food is very good, the people are very friendly. The residents seem very happy.

Do What They Say

One of the questions I asked before I placed Faye was can her sister stay in her apartment they said yes but when signed paperwork to admit they said no .

Favorite thing

One of my favorite things about it is outside patio and alot of activities. keep busy.

Exceeds all expectations!

Welbrook has exceeded all of my expectations. I am telling other family members to consider staying there!