Palos Verdes Villa - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Mom In Her New Place 😏💞✌

Man mom has only been in her new place for 9 days. I knew we would miss PC's hospitality. Just didn't know it would set in so soon. Wish we could have taken some of the staff with us. They show know how to spoil the residents and the family. Each time I called someone answered and was able to assist. Mom was only there for a few months. A few months was all it took. Keep doing the folks a good service!

My sister spent several months at PV Villa in late 2017/early 2018. I can't say enough about the professionalism and caring displayed by the staff there, in particular [Name removed] and [Name removed]. PV Villa took very good care of my sister, helping her through PT to use a walker rather than a wheelchair, pairing her with a compatible roommate, offering a variety of activities, and keeping me informed about her care and progress. The ability to communicate on a regular basis with [Name removed] was especially helpful and much appreciated since I live a long distance away. I recommend PV Villa for anyone seeking a clean, well-run assisted living facility.

Such nice staff!

Palos Verdes Villa truly is the best place for senior living in this area. My Mom has lived there for four years now, and she couldn’t be happier. The staff is always pleasant, the facilities are always clean, and the food is surprisingly good!
She had been at two other places prior, and the difference is remarkable.
She has made many friends here, and there is always some sort of activity that she is excited about.
[name removed] and the whole team of staff are really doing an excellent job.
Thank you PV Villa!

I visited an old friend at the
Palos verdes villa residence.
I was amazed how friendly the staff was and I liked the warm atmosphere.
My friend is very happy that she chose the
Palos verdes villa as her permanent residency.

seth bienstock

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you again now that your friend moved in

Beautiful!

I came here for a tour with my mom. She didn't move in because she decided she wasn't ready for an assisted living and is still living independently. However, this building is beautiful and well-kept and both my mom and I really liked it, especially compared to others we visited. The director, administrator, and staff were all friendly and helpful. When the time is right, this facility will be at the top of our list!

seth bienstock

Thank you for your kind words! Hope your Mom continues to do well.

My grandmother has been living at the beautiful Palos verdes villa retirement home for 6 years.
We are very happy with all the services provided.
Especially with the delicious meals that’s are served 3 times a day.
I highly recommend this facility.

seth bienstock

Thank you! Join us for a meal any time!

While our tour guide was very kind and pleasant, the facility and residents were depressing. Dark, outdated, and a lot of people in wheelchairs loitering in the front lobby. Could have left upon entry.

seth bienstock

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are really sorry to hear that your first impression wasn't a good one. We have been updating our building at a pace that won't disrupt the living environment for our residents.

A wonderful place with great staff!

My father lived at the Villa for 4 years. The staff, especially [name removed] and [name removed] were amazing. They truly put their heart into everything they do. My father got excellent care and he felt like family. I am so grateful that we found the Villa.

Thank you!!

Facility is older, but clean. Staff seem friendly and caring. Price is excellent compared to other facilities in the area.

seth bienstock

Thank you for coming by tour. I hope you find the right place for your relative. All the best!

Although the facility was older, it was very clean and the residents seemed happy with their environment. The staff I met were very nice and helpful. The meal times were more limited than other facilities I toured. The rooms were smaller than we preferred.

seth bienstock

I appreciate your positive feedback! I hope you find the right place for your family member! Good luck in your search

Did not have an appealing atmosphere

When we first toured this facility I wasn’t impressed. I honestly walked in and walked out. When you walk in it was not bright or inviting at all and I believe that they should work on that. It is not appealing and it does not have a good look to it. I looked at the dining room and there were trays all over. The facility itself was more of an assisted living and we were interested in independent living. Unfortunately, this was not a good fit for my love one.

seth bienstock

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. I am guessing that you came after a meal time which would explain the tray situation. I hope you are successful finding the perfect place for your loved one

Palos Verdes Villa, Rancho Palos Verdes CA

My Mother resided at Palos Verdes Villa for a little over two years, and almost three. The staff at Palos Verdes Villa were extremely attentive to my Mother, who was difficult at times due to dementia and other disorders. They are very skilled at handling patients with Alzheimer's, always patient, and made sure to notify me of Mother's needs when I was not present. The staff at the Villa were caring, warm, and treated Mother as if she was one of their own family. These were deciding factors in my choice of assisted living facilities.

Mother's room was large and very comfortable. She had an ocean view with patio. Residents were allowed to have refrigerators and microwaves in their room, and the facility is very close to a large park and senior center across the street, in addition to a myriad of stores, a movie theater, YMCA, and churches within a short distance. Any maintenance request was taken care of promptly, and housekeeping was provided.

The staff regularly arranged outings for the residents, and a social schedule was displayed prominently on a large bulletin board. Above all, the Villa felt like home even though there were approximately 100 residents at any given time.

I would especially like to commend [Removed], the facility administrator, [Removed] who is the proprietor of Palos Verdes Villa for the care Mother received both when she arrived and later when she was unfortunately placed on additional support in the form of hospice. The Villa and hospice nurse worked well together, and Mother received the all the necessary care and services in her room.

I very much appreciate the care and concern Villa staff consistently displayed toward my Mother. I highly recommend Palos Verdes Villa if you are looking for a safe environment, a caring staff, and support for your loved one.

seth bienstock

We really appreciate your kind words! And we especially still miss your Mom. All the best and have a happy and healthy New Year!

A Good Place for Loved Ones

My experience has been absolutely wonderful! They have been very kind and considerate. Whenever I have a question or need some help [Removed] has always been there to help me. I don't know what I would do without her. The rest of the staff has also been great. I have no complaints and I would not hesitate in recommending Palos Verdes Villas.

Thank you!

Review of Palos Verdes Villa Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Linda is very helpful and caring. I don't know how I would be able to handle my husband without this facility. I need this kind of help and this facility handles everything very well. Thank God for this facility!

seth bienstock

Thank you for your feedback!

Lovely place. Nice rooms and a good feeling about it. It was just too long of a drive from my home to be able to visit or chauffeur Mother around. To take her back to my home or to services would require about 80-90 minutes, and then the same to return her to Palos Verdes. Lovely place however

Thanks!

I really liked this one they was able to answer all my question the room was nice staff and some of the people there seems really cool

Wonderful Community!!

My loved one really enjoys that this community offers a bible study that is held on campus and transportation to church services. They offer great activities and have a movie for the residents in the afternoon. When I visited,the facility was spotless and my mothers room is always looking nice .

I learned about Palos Verdes Villa when my Grandfather lived their in the early 90's. He loved it there and when it came time to find a place for my mom, I remembered that. Linda and staff are outstanding, they are always very helpful and ready to answer any questions I may have. My mom has met new friends there and I rarely find her in her room which I believe is very healthy for her. I believe this retirement facility is very valuable to senior citizens. Thank you to all the Palos Verdes Villa Staff for all of their help and assistance with my mom.

I have some reservations about recommending this community!!

We have mixed feelings about this community. The staff are trying to help and mom is walking better with a walker. We have had a few issues with her medication. The food is good Monday through Thursday, however it is terrible over the weekend. They did switch out some of the carpet with new flooring. They do not follow through on the activities they say they offer. There is no mentally stimulating activities offered.

seth bienstock

We appreciate your feedback even though there are areas that you feel need improvement. I have spoken to the weekend kitchen staff and I have informed them of your critique. I will work with them to improve the overall food service on the weekends.
I have also sat down with our activity director. We will both try and ensure that the activity calendar is followed. We will be looking into increasing the diversity of our program.
As always, I encourage you and your Mom to come to us directly and we can work together to make sure that all your needs are being met.
Seth

I am pleased with the facility as a comfortable, clean, and friendly assisted living experience for my mom.

Cheerful, affordable and clean

My brother has been in Palos Verdes Villas for a little over six months now. As his primary advocate I have been very pleased to have found PVV and watched as he settled in to his new home. He suffered a major stroke three years ago and is unable to live on his own. I have been impressed with the atmosphere here, cheerful, upbeat and more like a small village of friendly people than a care home. The staff smile and are attentive, the facilities are very clean and there are numerous activities that get the clients willingly out of their rooms and participating in the social areas. I can highly recommend Palos Verdes Villas, and it is amongst the three most affordable facilities I was able to find, which makes it even better.

All around pleasant living experience

My Aunt is living and enjoying her life at PV Villas, and has been for the last several years since moving out of her home. She is an active 83 years young, and especially enjoys the many activities at PV Villa. Our family members like to visit her, and all of us are very appreciative of the always friendly staff that provide for her every need.

Palos Verdes Villa.

Very professional treatment for residents. A good atmosphere for them.
Having a med nurse on the property is a great advantage. Residents medications are well secured.
The dining area is always clean and welcoming. The residents have an assigned table which provides consistency and a comfort level for them.
Having outdoor areas for visiting and enjoying a cup of coffee or cold drink is quite popular.
The rooms are always clean.
The staff responds to resident requests in a timely manner.
A first floor area offers quiet reading, piano music and discussion. They offer soft exercise with a staff member. Games are available in various areas. The management staff are incredible! Very concerned about the residents well being. Responsive to all questions.
Each client has their own personal space in their room.
Each time I pick my husband up for an appointment he says "This is a good place and the food is good!" That gives me a sense of comfort that he is content and has no complaints.

Highly Recommend PV Villa

My mother has lived at Palos Verdes Villa for 2½ years and she tells me she is very happy to call "The Villa" her home. The rooms are spacious, the facility is very clean, the meals are good, and there are many activities planed for the residents each month.

Recently, after my mom had a stay in the hospital followed by convalescent care, she was visited regularly by Linda, the administrator, to see how she was recovering and to deliver her mail. I still remember when my mom returned back to The Villa, she was welcomed back by all of the staff and many of the residents. My mom tells me she is always treated kindly and feels like she is part of one big happy family at The Villa.

I would highly recommend Palos Verdes Villa to anyone in need of care for a family member.

100+ facility with good commensurate offering of nice dining room, front desk, common rooms, beauty shop, activities, actively accepting of religious activities. Studio rooms all same, somewhat large size for private, all used for either for single or double, furniture available and included. Bldg is a bit older, mostly nice, but some minor upkeep needed. Staff seems good. Many rooms will have ocean harbor view, some on bottom floor have 'patio' with sliding glass door. No bad smells. Almost no landscaped outside is a negative, but they do have 2 patio areas, one with a few plants. Priced at $1,700 for shared, $2,400-2,850 for private. But, add $100 for med/bathing help, another $200 for dressing help, another $500 for incontinent care.

On The Ball With Everything

There is really nothing negative about this facility, they are top knotch and everyone is on the ball and we are very happy with them. The daughter found this facility on her own.

Bathrooms and elevator are not adequate to accommodate people in wheel chairs. They took our money as a two week deposit on a room they showed us and told us was available, when we came back 4 days later for our scheduled appointment, they had cashed the check and said there were no rooms available.

seth bienstock

I have been here for 18 years and I would never keep a deposit under such circumstances. I would be happy to return any deposit that you gave. Please contact me directly at the Villa to ensure that this is taken care of.
When we take a deposit, it is contingent on the evaluation we must do with every client before admission. If for some reason we can not accept a client, our policy is to always return the deposit. I apologize if this was not done.

Highly recommend PV Villa based on my mother's experience there.

PV Villa took very good care of my mother for about 5 years, with great service and facilities at a reasonable price. The whole staff is great, but Linda and Ernestine are exceptional.

Recommending Palos Verdes Villa

PV Villa took really great care of my Mom for the four years she was there. Unfortunately she now needs a higher level of care, and so she and I reluctantly moved her to such a facility. The staff is very warm and friendly, and attentive to the residents. I would like in particular to call out Linda and Ernestine. The staff ensures that residents receive their medications on time, and take them to doctors when needed. The meals are nourishing and the rooms are clean and comfortable. PV Villa is an outstanding value for the cost. I recommend it highly to anyone considering assisted living for their elderly loved one.

Review of Palos Verdes Villa Assisted Living in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Spoke with Linda. It appears that my mother's degenerating health will quickly outpace the services this facility provides. I found Linda to be very helpful.

Nice well kept seemed frien...

Nice well kept seemed friendly. Rooms were sufficient. staff friendly.

Mom not functional enough

I was very close to putting my mother in there, but she wasn't functional enough. Other than that I liked it. The other residents were up and walking. They could do a high level of care, but they were worried. I talked to it about it, and they did a functional assessment, but just watching the other residents I didn't think she was quite with it enough to be there.

Exceeded my Expectations

As a result of working in the field of mental health for over 20 years, I was not sure what to expect from Palos Verdes Assisted Living. My first impression was that the clients living at Palos Verdes Villas appear happy and well adjusted.
I had the opportunity to stay for lunch and watch the process; Individuals were served by the staff and treated with such kindness. I have worked in the mental health field for over 20 years and seen my share of assisted living facilities; Palos Verdes Villas offers such a positive change from many other facilities.
The facility is equipped with a staff that provides a service indicative of what individuals should receive in their later years of life. I visited my Aunt who was alive and eager to get back after an outing with both her nieces. I am so happy she is happy, and I sleep well knowing she is comfortable where she is living. The biggest thing about this facility is the individuals get to keep their since of independence while being in a safe place that allows them to thrive and live a comfortable life. Thank you Palos Verdes Villas staff!

Mom has good care.....

My mother was unable to live alone and lived with my husband and I in Nevada for almost three years. Her home had been in California for over 50 years and she wanted to go back. I searched the internet for places and decided to visit Palos Verdes Villa. The first thing I did when walking in the door was smell. Oh good....it is clean! Linda, the Adminstrator, greeted my friend and I, showed us the two rooms that were available and gave us the grand tour of the facility . I only have high compliments for the staff. Everyone is very friendly and helpful in anyway they can. My mother has lived there for a year and a half and is happy. She is very comfortable in her room, has met new friends and goes to activities. Playing poker is her favorite.
My mother has had a couple of issues with her health since she has been there. The staff is absolutely wonderful. There is no delay in making calls to get her to the hospital when needed. Driving her to appointments and physical therepy or just a helping hand when she needs it. They keep a very close eye on her meds and make sure she takes them in a timely manner. They even made special trips to the extended care facility after she was released from the hospital to give her mail to her so she would have her magazines to read during recovery!
Once again, I can only speak positive praises when it comes to the care my mother receives at Palos Verdes Villa. In a nutshell....it is clean, cheery and reasonably priced.

Happ;iness is found knowing others care

The Palos Verdes Villa is to me a wonderful extension of one's life.
Having a member of family as a resident, gave me peace of mind having the care he was receiving.
From the first day was greeted by Linda the administrator, answering my many questions in such a professional manner.

Each time I visited watched the staff tend to other resident's always a smile and adding how may I help you.
Letting family or fried venture into the next step in their life can for sure bring happiness not only to them, but also you by Palos Verdes Villa

PV Villa

I toured a few Assited Living facilitites and I was so impressed with PV Villa. Linda was very professional with all the questions I had as we toured the facility. My Aunt is very happy at PV Villa. The Facility is clean and is such a happy and positive enviornment. They offer many activities as well as trips for the residients. The staff is very kind and patient. Ernestine is Amazing, she is truly an Angel...
I am very happy to know that my Aunt is in a wonderful place.

Care for Loved One

PV Villa is an attractive facility that sits up on a hill but is accessible to all local communities. My aunt is a Resident here and she is extremely happy living here. She always raves about how attentive and caring the staff are; from the Director, Seth; Asst Dir. Linda and everyone else (I wish I could name them one by one).
It is very commforting to know that she lives somewhere that she likes and where the people follow through on family request; without having to remind them to do so.
Indeed this is a place for people wanting family living and closeness. The other Residents are very friendly and helpful also.

I hope this helps others decide on a place for a loved one

My elder aunt has lived at Palos Verdes Villa for over two years now, and as her niece I tend to be quite particular. From day one I have found exceptional support from Linda Cardenas- she has gone out of her way to keep me informed on any and all issues regarding my aunt. I live hundreds of miles away and need to try and plan in advance when I fly down to So. Cal and Linda always lets me know in plenty of time if there are other things out of the norm which will need my attention when I am there. My aunt has made friends, but would of course prefer a private room rather than share, but the cost is more than she can afford, so she has adjusted to that. She avails herself of the hair salon and when she runs low on petty cash Linda calls me and I just send more. I would recommend this facility for the care and friendliness of the staff alone- the rest is just another plus.

Peace of mind

We toured many assisted living facilities in the area for my aging and ailing father. Palos Verdes Villa stood out as the best in their price range with the amenities they offered. PV Villa suited his needs perfectly. We were looking for a private room with a balcony and PV Villa was more than accommodating in remodeling his bathroom to address his mobility issues. We placed a mini fridge and microwave in the room and he was set. We were able to extinguish the safety problems but still provide him with the comforts of home.

My father has lived at Palos Verdes Villa for over 2 years. I can attest that the most important reason he remains there is the caring staff. Disregard the room or the view or the amenities; the staff are the ones who create the environment. The staff at PV Villa are attentive, incredibly patient, and communicative on what is going on with my father. They’ve made a wonderful family-type environment for him and peace of mind for us.

Dedication and Warmth

Seth, Linda, and their staff, especially Ernestine are amazing! They understand our needs, work really hard, and they do everything that they said that they will do and more. They are polite, professional, so pleasant. I can comfortably recommend them without reservation or hesitation!

Peace of mind

We toured many assisted living facilities in the area for my aging and ailing father. Palos Verdes Villa stood out as the best in their price range with the amenities they offered. The facility suited his needs perfectly. We were looking for a private room with a balcony and PV Villa was more than accommodating in remodeling his bathroom to address his mobility issues. We placed a mini fridge and microwave in the room and he was set. We were able to extinguish the safety problems but still provide him with the comforts of home.

My father has lived at PV Villa for over 2 years. I can attest that the most important reason he remains there is the caring staff. Disregard the room or the view or the amenities; the staff are the ones who create the environment. The staff at PV Villa are attentive, incredibly patient, and communicative on what is going on with my father. They’ve made a wonderful family-type environment for him and peace of mind for us.

Love it!

Great staff! they even let me keep my Cat!

Wonderful place to live

I have lived in Palos Verdes Villa for 8 years. all the people who work here are so nice. They take a real interest in me and my needs. The food is excellent. My room is always clean and nice. Seth Bienstock, the Director, does whatever he can to help out the residents.

Very warm and caring staff

My father moved in 2 months ago. We are so happy with the care and responsiveness of the staff!

not to clean, movie playing for a roo...

not to clean, movie playing for a room of seniors sound distorted (terrible). gloomy. piano

seth bienstock

I welcome all feedback. We have remodeled the TV room with theater style seating. I invite you to return and see the new look!

Studio only no kitchenette small patio

Studio only no kitchenette small patio

We are located just a few minutes from the Pacific Ocean, near the 110 Freeway. Our newly remodeled 73-unit complex is equipped with all the modern amenities including air conditioning, cable TV, and security system. Our spacious rooms are equipped with an intercom system that connects each room to a central station for 24-hour emergency contact. In addition, Palos Verdes Villa features a home theater and recreational room (with a brand new 70-inch big screen television), and arts and crafts room, underground parking, and a full service beauty shop. We provide a variety of personal services for our residents: local transportation to and from medical appointments; daily housekeeping in all rooms, three nutritious meals daily, with accommodations for any special diet, and evening snacks that are always available. A full selection of activities for all interests include weekly religious programs of various denominations. Our trained and caring staff are on duty 24 hours a day to provide for all the needs of our residents. At Palos Verdes Villa, we are proud of our facility and would love to show you our home. Please contact us to arrange for a tour.

City Info

Rancho Palos Verdes boasts warm temperatures year-round, as well as good support systems for veterans.

- Median age in zip code: 49.5

- Average weather: Rancho Palos Verdes has an average temperature of 62.5°F, with an annual high of 71.4°F and an annual low of 53.6°F.

- Veteran's facilities: Veterans are well supported in Rancho Palos Verdes, with both a Veterans Center and a Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in the nearby city of Gardena.

Transportation

Rancho Palos Verdes has an affordable public transit system with additional options for individuals with disabilities, as well as a variety of more private transportation options.

- Buses: Rancho Palos Verdes is served by the Palos Verdes Peninsula Transit Authority, a local transit system. It has ten main routes, and for seniors, each ride costs only $1.00. The Palos Verdes Peninsula Transit Authority also offers dial-a-ride to elderly and disabled residents, providing service 24 hours a day.

- Taxi services include LAX Express Car, SoCal Private Transport, South Bay Yellow Cab, San Pedro Taxi Cab, and Low Cost Taxi.

- The rideshare services Uber and Lyft are both available in Rancho Palos Verdes. Seniors can easily download one of the service's apps on their phone, and find a ride.

Health and Safety

Rancho Palos Verdes provides lots of options for health care, and Palos Verdes Villa provides additional support for seniors.

- Hospitals: Rancho Palos Verdes boasts dozens of hospitals, which serve the needs of individuals covered by a wide variety of health insurers.

- Palos Verdes Villa: Guests at Palos Verdes Villa also have access to hospice care.

Sports and Leisure

Rancho Palos Verdes offers all sorts of options for sports and leisure, whether you're interested in golf, tennis, or hitting the gym.

- Golf courses: There are dozens of golf courses in Rancho Palos Verdes, including the top-rated Trump National Golf Club, The Links at Terranea, Los Verdes Golf Course, Palos Verdes Golf Club, and Harbor Park Golf Course.

- Tennis courts: Rancho Palos Verdes offers 32 tennis courts, including the top-rated Peninsula Racquet Club and the South Bay Tennis Center at Las Canchas.

- Gyms: Rancho Palos Verdes contains dozens of private gyms, such as Equinox Palos Verdes, LA Fitness, LifeBalance, Powerhouse Gym, and South Bay Trainer.

Shopping and Entertainment

There are all sorts of shopping and entertainment options in Rancho Palos Verdes, whether you're looking for a bite to eat, a Hollywood blockbuster, or a beautiful walk by the ocean.

- Clothes shopping: There are hundreds of shopping malls in and around Rancho Palos Verdes, including Riviera Village, a shopping center with a multitude of options for both women's and men's fashion.

- Grocery stores: There are over a hundred grocery stores in and around Rancho Palos Verdes, with options for any price point.

- Restaurants: With hundreds of restaurants covering a wide range of cuisines, it's easy to find a satisfying meal in Rancho Palos Verdes.

- Movie theaters: Rancho Palos Verdes's three movie theaters not only make it simple to see Hollywood's new releases, but they also offer discounts for seniors.

- Libraries: The Palos Verdes Library District offers three branches in Rancho Palos Verdes, including the Peninsula Center Library, which offers a vast catalog of books, public computers, and wireless Internet.

- Attractions: Rancho Palos Verdes abounds with interesting attractions, including the Wayfarers Chapel (also known as ""The Glass Church""), the Point Vicente Interpretive Center, the Point Vicente Lighthouse, Abalone Cove Shoreline Park & Ecological Reserve, Del Cerro Park, and the Deane Dana Friendship Park and Nature Center.

Religious Facilities

Rancho Palos Verdes offers religious facilities for people of many faiths, whether Christian, Jewish, or Muslim.