Carrington Place at Rural Retreat - Rural Retreat, VA

Carrington Place at Rural Retreat - Rural Retreat, VA has yet not published prices.

My mother-in-law was at Carrington two years ago when it first opened, and on this stay, she was pleased with how much they had improved. She enjoyed her stay. She liked the therapists and they really helped her get back on her feet and she will be returning to her own home shortly. The nurses were attentive and took great care of her while she was there. All the staff was nice and friendly. The room was clean and her bed changed on a regular basis. My mother-in-law said the food had really improved since her previous stay, and she did like what they were serving. The staff was able to answer all our questions and they kept us well informed of my mother-in-law's progress.

They could use a lot of improvement on communication. That was the only problem I had with them.

They are doing an excellent job.

They're pretty helpful. It's a good clean place, my dad's happy, and he's getting good meals. If he has any problem, they call me, no problem.

I would give Carrington Place of Rural Retreat a 5!

They have done a really, really good job with my loved one. She's not always the most pleasant patient, and can be very demanding, but they're doing a good job. The only complaint that I really could mention is the fact that they are sometimes short staffed. They're nice to her, they treat her really well. And they have been excellent at keeping me informed about her care!

I don't have any objections to my time there. They treated me well, it was clean. Couldn't ask for better service. It was exceptionally clean and I never wanted for service, I'll tell you that. Their communication with me was excellent! As with every place I've been, the food was terrible. I got plenty, but it wasn't seasoned, and I couldn't eat it.

Carrington Place has a nice atmosphere and a small-town feel. It's clean and well kept. My mother looked forward to going to therapy most of the time, they are working hard with her and I can see that it is really helping. All-in-all the nursing staff is great. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, my mother likes how well they care for her. Everyone is friendly when they come into her room and when I visit my mom. The food is adequate, and most of the time, Mom chooses the alternative offered on the menu. I also bring food and treats in for my mother. I am kept well informed about my mother's progress both in person and by phone, they answer all my questions in a timely manner as well.

My mother likes it there now, though at first, she had trouble accepting the fact that she will be there long term. Mom does enjoy going to therapy, and she likes the therapist. Nursing care seems to be good, they are attentive to her and when I am visiting they are always helpful. They love my mom to death, and really enjoy having her there. All the staff is great. My mom's room is very clean and well kept. Mom likes the food she is served most of the time, and she does have other options should she not like what they are serving. They always call me if there are any changes and whenever I have any questions they make sure they are answered in a timely manner as well.

The people are really nice! They're all very helpful and agreeable. The cleanliness was wonderful. The meals were just fair.

The staff that I have had interaction with to get information has been late.

We had some issues with bed alarms. The room wasn't ready when we checked in. There were quite a few issues. As far as the care goes, my mom had a pretty good experience.

The nursing staff is very short staffed. My loved one's living quarters are always clean.

Sometimes it is hard to get in contact with the nurse. They are trying though, and I am grateful there is a place like this for my loved one. He is always clean and in clean clothes. They serve him three hot meals a day. They call me every time there is an incident or concern.

Understaffed facility

Please never ever put your loved one at Carrington Place at Rural Retreat, Virginia. They are terribly understaffed and cannot provide the care your loved one needs.

Excellent Experience

My Mother was at Carrington Place at Rural Retreat for 47 days toward the end of her life. The staff there was fantastic!! The building was really clean. I have had several family members in nursing homes in this are, but this was, by far the best experience I have ever had. Simply Excellent!!!

Disgusted

Absolutely the worst place to have your loved one. My father layed in feces and urine for hours before anyone would come clean him. His call light would stay on for more than 30-45 mins at a time before anyone checked on him. Every single time my family and I would visit, we would find him soaked with urine. The cna's not only have TERRIBLE ATTITUDES, but they have no compassion or concern for these residents. One word sums up our experience at Carrington Place in Rural Retreat....... NEGLECT!!!!!!!!!

We are thrilled to announce the completion of construction and opening of our new, state-of-the-art 120 bed nursing facility, Carrington Place at Rural Retreat in January of 2015. With a focus on skilled nursing, rehabilitation care, and long term care, this new property will be one of the health care facilities serving the southwest Virginia area. The opening of our new Carrington Place facility reflects a deep commitment to the communities we service throughout the region. At Carrington Place at Rural Retreat, transitional care involves specialized services that assist and make possible the smooth transition from hospitalization to home. We have pursued great therapy and clinical staff to ensure excellent continuity of care for our patients. We are pleased to be a part of the Rural Retreat community and look forward to serving patients in and around our growing region.

Carrington Place offers a compassionate and dignified approach to nursing care. Our goal is for each individual to return to their prior level of function. Upon admission, our compassionate and caring nursing team assesses each resident's unique needs.

The staff at Carrington Place offers 24-hour nursing care and supervision. We provide close medical supervision, which may include assistance with dressing, bathing, walking, eating and the administration of medication.

At Carrington Place you will also find a dedicated and enthusiastic therapy team designed especially for individuals who need a variation in levels of rehabilitation. Our team consists of Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists.

Our goal is to help individuals rebuild their health, function and independence. The result is a personalized plan of care that focuses on maximizing independence and the ability to live a meaningful life.