Cascades Verdae - Greenville, SC has yet not published prices.

• No Smoking Outdoors
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • Gated Community
  • Fitness Center

Terrible facility

My Mother was a resident at this facility and I would not recommend considering this facility for anybody in need of assistance. Their assisted living is a joke. There is no assistance whatsoever. There is essentially no caregiving at all. You will wind up spending the equivalent of the monthly fee to bring your own caregivers in. This facility has gone from bad to worse. Attempts to work with Management on issues have proved futile. Save yourself a lot of heartache and keep looking.

Lorraine

Hi Merrill, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We take concerns regarding our Members and our community seriously. The new Executive Director at the Cascades Verdae is sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with our service and would be happy to discuss the experience with you. Your statement doesn't align with our Guiding Principle of "People First Always" and "We Exist to Serve Our Members" on which we base all our management decisions. Please contact the Executive Director at any time so we can discuss. We would love to speak with you and try to amend any past issues. Thank you for your feedback.

Do not make the same mistake I did....

My mother has been a resident of the Cascades for over 3 years. The care that she has received in her time there is abysmal. I am currently looking for another location for her to live. I have been dealing with Management on ongoing issues the entire time my mom has lived there. There has been absolutely no positive changes and in fact it has gotten substantially worse. Staff is rude and lazy. Management does not hold staff accountable for doing their jobs. I am resigned to the fact that it will never get any better. My purpose in writing this review is to dissuade people from making the same mistake that I did. There is absolutely no compassion from the staff towards the residents that live there. It is very sad indeed. When it is your loved one, it is heart-wrenching. Don't be fooled by the plush grounds and aesthetically pleasing environment. What good is a pleasing environment when the caregiving is nonexistent?

Lorraine

Hi Sherrie, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We take concerns regarding our members, employees, and community seriously. The new Executive Director at the Cascades Verdae is very sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with our service. Your statement doesn't align with our Guiding Principle of "People First Always" and "We Exist to Serve Our Members" on which we base all our management decisions. Please contact the Executive Director at any time so we can discuss. We would love to speak with you and try to amend any past issues. Thank you for your feedback.

Not the premier place in Greenville

Talk to the residents and families of skilled nursing or assisted living. If the transition to a new place would not be so hard on my mom I would move her in a heartbeat. Management is a revolving door. And they say what you want to hear. For [removed] a month keep your loved one home and get round the clock care.
Evening staff is short handed and without supervision. Every resident has a call button, but my mom waits forever.
Don't be fooled by the grounds.
The staff in the dining room of the clubhouse needs a lesson in true serving.
If you are able bodied, this is a campus for the country club elderly able bodied. If you need real care go somewhere else, anywhere else.

Lorraine

Hi, Maryann - Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. At Cascades Verdae, our guiding principle is to put people first, always. Our staff exists to serve our Members and family members and to help our Members live longer, healthier, happier lives. While cannot comment on a particular situation via this platform, our staff and leadership teams would be happy to speak with you. Please feel free to reach out to us at [removed]. Thank you for your feedback.

Do your homework before you select Cascades Verade

I just spent 4 weeks in rehab after heart surgery. The grounds are pretty, flowers everywhere, and the entrance is impressive. It looks as if they spend a lot of money on “puff and fluff” to impress potential residents. That where it ends. They are short staffed on all shifts. On second and third shift I did not feel safe. There were only 2 people, a nurse and aid, to take care of 22 residents in rehab. There are some really caring and good CNAs and aids but they are over worked. When you press the call button, you have a 15 to 20 minute wait before help arrives. If I had known what I know now I would have not gone there. The rehab staff was excellent and helped me a lot. If they hired more staff it could be an excellent rehab center, but the way it is now they fall short of patient care.

Lorraine

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At the Cascades, we exist to serve our Members by providing quality care and cultivating a beautiful community for them to call home. We pride ourselves on maintaining a full staff to serve our Members. Additionally, we are focused on continually improving the care and services we provide within our community. Genesis is a contracted company who works closely with us for on-site therapy and each Member who is discharged from our program receives a satisfaction survey so we can learn and grow from the care we deliver. Our Executive Director at Cascades Verdae and our Home Office are available to hear any concerns about your stay. Thank You.

Terrible Facility

Terrible facility. Do NOT recommend you putting your loved ones here. Staff is lazy and very rude. They do not take care of the residents here. Residents constantly begging for help. In my visits there I heard staff being rude to one another and talking badly about coworkers not present. I have heard employees complain that their coworkers are not taking care of the people and it is truly sad. I would tell you all that I've see but I will be here all day long. Again, this is a terrible place and for the amount of money it is to stay, I wouldn't do it!

Lorraine

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out to review our community. We are sorry to hear that your review is inconsistent with the service and care that we provide at Cascades Verdae. We strive to put people first, always and to be a community of caring professionals dedicated to quality services which help our members live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We have passed your comments on to our Executive Director at Cascades Verdae as well as our Home Office to review further. Thank You.

We're so thrilled!!! We want our friends to come here to live!!

Bill and I have already decided to build a home in the new section. We are so pleased that we are bringing other friends to check out the many wonderful experiences that Cascades offers to its residents.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so excited to have you and Bill as new members at Cascades. We hope that you will enjoy your new cottage and the community lifestyle.

NOT WORTH IT

BEAUTIFUL place but my parents were not happy and neither were I with the care they received. The folks in Independent living seemed to especially enjoy but when it comes to Assisted Living or Memory Care, Cascades has a lot of work to do! We were made a lot of promises by marketing, my parents moved in, and it all went down hill from there. I ended up moving them out and into another community. I'd like to say things have improved in AL and MC but from what our friends say who have loved ones still there...not much has changed. Very sad but sometimes we get caught up in how a place looks and what amenities it has to offer versus the quality of care provided or how well trained the staff is. My mom had Alzheimer's and I felt I knew more about how to care for her than they did!! Hard lesson learned. I won't make that mistake again!

Lorraine

At Cascades Verdae, we take concerns regarding our members, our employees, and our community seriously. Our community strives, each and every day, to provide excellent healthcare in a clean, safe environment for our members. If you haven’t done so, we ask that you please reach out to our Executive Director who is aware of your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns with a member of our community directly.

Cascades is Like a Resort

I have a sister that lives in Greenville and my mother was in a CCRC in Marietta, Ga. We moved her to the rehab here. When she got out of rehab, we moved her to assisted living. I have been her caregiver and decided it was best I follow a month later. I moved here in May 2011. The deciding factor was that my sister had researched the Cascades for her husband's father and had done all the research and knew all the people. Ultimately it was being close to my mother and sister that brought me to Cascades.

I enjoy the Wellness Program which includes land and water activities. I am into land activities which include Aerobics, Zumba, Chair Core, Strong Legs and CLIMB. The Wellness Director has a program for every part of the body. Normally I get up at 7 am and have a continental breakfast in the Bistro. I then do my wellness activities in the morning. After lunch I may play bridge or rumikub. We may have an excursion to a activity away from the Cascades. Transportation is key it allows us freedom to explore Greenville. We also able to be part of the Greenville Community such as Little Theater, The Peace Center, and other local cultural events. Once a month we enjoy trying new local restaurants. I love the place. In fact, I termed the Cascades as a resort in alumni directory.

When making the decision on where to retire, explore your options. But most importantly, don't wait until health considerations become the deciding factor. Move when you can still enjoy the amenities and be active. The main thing here is interacting with people. And the people here by and large are very, very friendly.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that you enjoy your life at Cascades. There is no better compliment than hearing feedback from our members. We are glad that you enjoy the amenities, wellness program, and people.

Like Living on a Cruise Ship

Location was the biggest attraction with family in town. We looked at another retirement community. It was too far out of town, did not have on-site wellness, and did not have a pool. They did have continued learning through Furman University. We drive ourselves and participate in Furman's OLLI program now once a week. Cascades was more affordable. Comparable places in California where we also have family were almost double the price. We like the quality of interaction with the Lifestyle Advisors. They were very patient and helped accommodate our considerations. They waited for us to sell our house. We did not feel a lot of pressure. We had a number of modifications that we wanted done with the apartment and they helped facilitate such as shelving in the closet. They have found a way to do anything we ask for. They are very responsive. They allowed our daughter-in-law to decorate the apartment. We moved across country without furniture and walked into a turn-key villa. We liked location in Greenville. It is not in the middle of downtown which would have made getting around difficult but it is within 10 minutes of downtown. Minor medical care is right across the street. Any shopping you could want is nearby.

We do it all. Monday I play party bridge. Tuesday we go to Furman all day. Wednesday we play Gin Rummy, Thursday we discuss current events and attend technology classes. I do wellness. You have easy access to the Peace Center- they drive us. We belong to the foreign film club and book club. The quality of the people who are here is very attractive. We made a lot of friends really quickly. We don't travel as much- there isn't as much incentive. We were gone for 3 weeks and couldn't wait to get back. It would be hard to think of some very negative stuff. What is not to like? Making a move into a facility that offers independent living and other care services is an easy thing to do. The US is full of them. Finding the place is not the problem. Making the decision of when to go is the problem. Everybody agrees they did it too late. We probably should have done this 5 years ago. Nobody can make that decision for you. A lot of people come when they can no longer take care of the house.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that you enjoy your life and lifestyle at Cascades.

Good Decision After Careful Consideration

I liked the Cascades because it was beautiful and close to all the amenities. It was also close to our family. I had heard so many good things about it. We started looking at different homes. We fell in love with Cascades. We didn't move in right away. We took a long time to decide to move in. We kept coming back because we were invited to special things out here including dinners and special occasions. After 6 years, we finally decided to move in here. The ultimate deciding factor was that we decided it was time to figure out how we wanted to spend our later years. The Cascades was close to our children, friends and our community.

My favorite amenity is the wellness. Since I have just had major surgery, I have been involved with the rehabilitation, which I found to be great. I haven't gotten to get involved with a lot of the wellness and machines, but I am looking forward to getting involved full time.

We like that there is always something to do- whether it is a movie, concert, trip, etc. When you travel, you know that your home will be safely waiting for you. My life has changed because we are here and happy and everything is really done for us. It is almost like being on vacation all the time.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy that you enjoy your life at Cascades with the wellness and countless events.

14 Months Resident

We spent six years thinking about going into a retirement community. We had lived for 31 years at our previous home. We came for 6 years of Lunch and Learns and then decided 14 months ago to make the move to Cascades.

About 6 or 7 years prior to moving we decided we liked Cascades better than a local competitor. We came to these Lunch and Learns for 6 years and then decided it was time. We decided this was the best in town as far as a retirement community and came on in.

I like the wellness area. I like the great instructions that analyze your total health and give you a program that works for you. You can workout as much or as little as you like. We enjoy the ballroom and all that goes on there. There are many events and concerts. We thought the cost was fair with all that goes on here. In fact with everything here, we get more value than expected. We have made a lot of friends. We have been here 14 months and are slowly getting into more activities. The people who work here are good people and talented. The dining has good chefs.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing from our members. We are happy that you have been able to be a part of our Wellness Program and many events. We are glad that you have enjoyed the past 14 months with us.

Wonderful New Friends at The Cascades

My husband and I came to The Cascades partly due to his health issues which forced us to leave our 2-story colonial house in the New York suburbs. We have a son and family who live in this area and we came to look at a community which would be accessible to my husband in a wheelchair and offer activities and a nice lifestyle. We found the Cascades to be more than perfect in fitting those criteria. We have enjoyed meeting the various people- interesting, friendly, outstanding new friends. There are many activities, I like to think something for all interests. One can be busy all day everyday if one chooses to do so. I participate in the wellness program, the chorus, a couple of resident committees, and the many social events. I enjoy the concerts which are brought in here on a regular basis, movies in our own theater, and adventures outside organized by the Cascades staff such as hikes and visits to museums. The support from the new friends here is outstanding.

Lorraine

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that Cascades fit the criteria when you were searching for a retirement community and continues to do so. We are trilled to hear about your involvement and new friends.

A New Beginning

Time was running out for us. Friends said come see ,come see and we did. It is a beautiful place and wonderful town of Greenville. We love the fact that our son is so close by. They are friendly, friendly people. The staff is always so accommodating. For my husband, Cascades was a new life. He became involved and I don’t think he is ever going to quit. We both love the setting, the wellness program, the trail,and the activities such as the chorus, bridge, and the various musical programs brought in for entertainment. We also feel the need to reach out to others who are less fortunate than we are. So thank you Cascades.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that Cascades has been a new beginning for you and your husband. We are happy that you are involved with many of our programs.

Fantastic Decision

My granddaughter introduced me to this community 3 years ago when I was visiting from Va. The activities, the people, the ambiance and everything, just seemed to click. My daughter’s family lived here at the time. Unfortunately they have moved to France. This forced me to get involved immediately as this would be my lifestyle. As a result, I have thoroughly enjoyed my almost 6 months here. My fellow residents are extremely friendly and helpful. The activities are varied and most anything you like to do is available. There are many social events which help us to get involved with other people and make friends. The activities are cultural and educational as well as the physical activities to keep you going.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy that you have been enjoying the Cascades lifestyle with new friends, activities, and social events. We are glad that we are able to provide you with a community that "seemed to click."

You worked hard for years to build up equity in your house. Now you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor by ridding yourself of the burdens of home ownership. Many retirement communities require you to spend your hard earned equity simply to move there.

At Cascades Verdae, Greenville’s Premier Retirement Community, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to. The choice is yours. You can enjoy all that life has to offer by renting or by investing your money in a refundable occupancy agreement.

From flexible dining dollars, full-service Wellness Center, on-site Continuum of Care and healthcare staffed by a Registered Nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Cascades Verdae offers a high quality of life at very affordable rates.

With one and three-bedroom apartments and two and three-bedroom single-family cottages, Cascades Verdae has comfortable home plans for every need or desire. And with 24-hour staff and push button security, you’ll never feel safer in your own home.

Call 864-528-5501 to Reserve A Tour and learn how you can live The Weller Life® living at Cascades Verdae. Affordable, carefree retirement living with the option of no upfront equity, that’s living the Cascades Verdae life!

Cascades Verdae is a senior residential community in the hills of South Carolina. It is located southeast of the mid-sized town of Greenville, which is an hour west of Columbia. The residence features a number of different floorplans for varying levels of independence, including a cottage and apartment layout. Some of the many amenities residents will find here include:

- Restaurant-style dining
- Indoor heated pool
- Private wellness center
- Full maintenance and housekeeping
- Planned social activities
- Choice of seven floorplans

Services Offered

Cascades Verdae is a community that allows seniors to age in place. There are independent care apartments and cottages, assisted living and memory care areas. The community also has a short-term rehabilitation program for local residents as well as home health care.

City Info

Greenville is a medium-sized city located in the western part of South Carolina. It is only an hour from the larger city of Columbia. The area surrounding Greenville is rural and heavily wooded, making it a great place for those who enjoy spending time in nature. The community of Greenville is friendly and the people easy to talk to, so seniors will have no trouble sharing conversations with local residents.

- Walkability Score: 3 out of 10. The community is large but not pedestrian friendly. There are no shops within reasonable walking distance.

- Average Age in 29607 zip code: 35. This area is rural and racially diverse.

- Number of local senior residential facilities nearby: There is one other senior facility located in the same zipcode, as well as many more scattered around Greenville, South Carolina.

- Average Weather: Greenville is located in a temperate area. Winters are relatively mild with temperatures rarely dipping below 30 even in January. Summers are hot and humid and the area gets about 49 inches of rain per year.

- Veteran's facilities: US Department of Veteran's Affairs in Greenville

Transportation

Residents of Greenville often travel the area in private vehicles, the most prominent form of transportation in the county. Shopping and attractions are scattered in and around the city. Cascades Verdae's location away from central Greenville means that bus service isn't always available.

- Buses: Greenlink Bus Service is the area's transit company

- Trains: Downtown Greenville operates a Trolley service for those traveling within the city

- Taxis: Greenville has an airport shuttle as well as a variety of taxi services, including Yellow Cab, Budget, and Greenville Transportation

- Ride Shares: Vanpooling and Carpooling is encouraged. Those who live in Cascades often use transportation provided by the facility.

Health and Safety

Cascades Verdae is located outside of the downtown area of Greenville, so there are a lot of wooded areas surrounding the community. It is only blocks from Greenville Medical Clinic and a selection of other medical facilities.

- Hospitals in the Area: Baptist Easley Hospital

- Crime rate in 29607 zip code: This part of the county is more rural than other areas. The crime rate is higher than average in both property and personal crime.

Sports and leisure

Residents can join activities within the Cascades community by checking out their monthly calendar. For those who prefer to leave home for their physical activities, the area is rife with outdoor activities, including hiking, biking and walking.

- Golf courses near by: Verdae Greens Golf Course, Crosswinds Golf Course, Nevada Bobs
- Tennis courts/clubs near by: Haviland Tennis Academy, Carolina Golf and Tennis Club
- Gyms near by: YMCA of Greenville, Jazzersize of Greenville, Commerce Club

Shopping and entertainment

Greenville is home to many historic and cultural attractions as well as shopping venues to fit any size pocket-book. Seniors are only a few minute's drive from museums celebrating southern history and entertainment.

- Clothes Shopping nearby: Target, REI, Costco, American Eagle
- Grocery stores: The Fresh Market, Publix,Trader Joes, Bi-Lo, V-Go
- Restaurants: Saffron Indian Cuisine, Firebirds, Kannika's Thai Kitchen, Giovanni's, Pita House
- Movie theaters: Great Escapes Theater
- Libraries: Greenville County Library
- Senior-friendly salons (men and women): Artistic Cutters, Head Coach Haircuts, Great Clips, Head Case, Regency Salon
- Attractions: Greenville Zoo, Museum and Library of Confederate History, Bob Jones University and Museum, Paris Mountain State Park

Religious facilities

Seniors who live at Cascades Verdae have opportunities to join their fellow residents in devotional services and study groups. Greenville also has a variety of churches for seniors who would rather explore their spirituality outside of the community. Some of the area churches include Redemption World Outreach, Kingdom Revival Church, Morningside Baptist and Chabad of Greenville."