Pruitthealth – Carolina Point, LLC - Durham, NC

This place is the worst...I won't seed a dog there.If you really love you love one please do not send them there. Prayers up for the elder who's there.

My brother was sent to the hospital and when I asked what hospital he was at they refused to tell me , if you have a loved one in this rest home you need to get them out of there because if they get bad off and sent to a hospital you'll be the last to know unless you have power of attorney over them

CAROLINA POINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

A place you do not want love ones to stay. Staff is unconcerned about the people. They spend more time on their cell phones then anything else. I have had several issues with the staff who I feel are afraid to report the slackers in fear of losing there pie jobs!

Avoid this facility if you can

Thursday evening, I visited my long time friend who had arrived at this facility only a few weeks ago. He told me he was feeling cold and nauseous. He is blind: he was sitting all alone in his wheel chair and did not have access to the button patients press when they need help. I had to go get a nurse to come and assist him. She did not come quickly nor did she think he was unusually sick after dialysis. No doctor on site, no one was summoned to see if he needed special care. He told me he hated this place a few days prior.I did not blame him : some employees chitchat and you feel they are bothered if you ask for anything. Caring and respect is what patients should expect,[Removed] and indifference is what my friend got. He was 67 years old and died alone in his bed on saturday morning. Cleanliness, caring, care, these words are not part of the Pruitt Durham Mt Sinai Rd experience.

Hell Hole

Horrible place! A complete [removed] hole! My mom was neglected! The staff is unqualified & [removed]! There is no protocol what so ever in any definition of what skilled nursing means! Unsanitary water distribution. As a matter of fact the whole place is unsanitary! Don't be fooled by the "coffee bar" smell! Lol! Neglegent handling of wound care. Just a dumb excuse for elder care. This place needs to be shut down! I can't bring myself to drive anywhere near this dump! Thank God my mom died in the hospital & not there! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE 1 STAR ! I HAD TO PICK ATLEAST ONE TO GIVE THIS REVIEW!

No Prior Notice Given - they do not treat residents with dignity nor respect

I am so very angry on how Pruitt Health Carolina Point Administrative Staff transferred my son, who is 33 years of age and C5-C6 complete paraplegic. The never gave him nor my self, his mom and Power of Attorney any prior notice of said discharge. They told me that my son was going to be transferred to a facility in Greensboro, NC. I found my son the day they moved him without prior notice, December 6, 2016, at 8:16 PM. The Administrative Staff, Administrator, the Director of Nursing and the Social Worker never gave my son nor myself the actual address, phone number nor true location of where he was transferred to. My son is now in Burlington, NC "which is closer to family according to Pruitt Health" but let me think, oh yeah, all his family lives in Raleigh, NC. So what is wrong here, since when are nursing facilities allowed to conduct transfers without giving prior notice to the resident or family, but this is ok with them. Don't put your trust in these people to care for your loved ones, please.

Don't let your loved one come here

Listen folks--You don't want your loved one here in this disgraceful, horrible place. There is zero care, no assistance to the patients' needs in fact those are ignored. I wouldn't have these people working in an animal shelter much less a nursing home. The poor people there are in misery with no one to look after even their smallest need.

My son, who is 39, came here for physical therapy to help regain ability to walk; however, the total experience has hurt him mentally beyond words. He was disoriented and confused prior to coming here and now is much worse.

Pruitt, you need to be shut down and if I have my way you will be.

My mom and father both getting in up in the age, to where we as children had to make a decision to have to put them in a home, Pruitt Health Care is where I would love to put them....why? I know from my heart they would be well taking care of and we as there children wouldn't be worried about there care..and wellness....

Patients are well taking care of...co workers are very friendly... the food is great...I've been with Pruitt Health care all most 10 years.....and really enjoy working for them...

Absolutely the most despicable place I would not leave my dog their my dad was there 2 years of living [Removed]!!dad was tube fed no one seem to know a damn thing about it my daddy was unable to get up . No one treated him like he was a person! Nasty room an yes I was there everyday with dad [Removed] I had to be please don't send your loved one to this place I didn't speak up to much dad said they took it out on him so I was with him every day and they could not stand it I seen an heard stuff that no one should see please the hospice nurse knows whats going on as well she tried to help me stay far away!!

The best place I could have found for my father.... understanding staff, and the staff that is hands on in the light green (CNA's) made us feel like family... I sleep good at night knowing that he is there

Horrible place! They provide neglectful care! Lazy personnel! Very unprofessional administration office! No one seems to know what's going on at anytime. Plumbing issues smells like sewage in bathrooms. Hot water never reaches the faucets for even a warm shower. Ridiculous place! Needs to be shut down! Staff steals from paitents! Horrible place! Unsanitary distribution of water!

Worse nursing home ever !!!! Don't ever send your family here the cnas are horrible nursing don't care or administration and housekeeping don't clean it's just a disgrace here!

PruittHealth has assembled a continuum of services over the last 45 years that has put us in a position to be a partner in improving the care of our patients. Our Model of Care is designed to significantly reduce rehospitalizations and improve the overall outcomes for our patients.