Summit Hills - Spartanburg, SC has yet not published prices.

• Secure Memory Unit
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Exercise Assistance

Cna’s need training

Summit is a beautiful place, my relative is in skilled nursing and the cna’s Are not as attentive as they should be. They gather around the desk in the front lobby with lights going off and patients yelling for help. The cna’s are not trained to actually work. Need more housekeeping help as well. Need a supervisor each shift that believe in working and making the cna’s work as well. Could be the best place to be if they had more help and guide lines to follow

Lorraine

Hello - Thank you for your feedback on Summit Hills. It is our desire to provide 5-star service to our Members and the families throughout all aspects of our community. Our Executive Director, Regina Fargis would like to speak with you regarding your concerns and to assist however we can. We encourage you to reach out to her directly at [removed]. Thank You. - The Team at Summit Hills

A Positive Community with the RIGHT Core Mission - "Live Weller"

Where do I begin?

I am giving Summit Hills my highest review!

Our tour directors - I believe they are known as Lifestyle Advisors - were well informed, empathetic and exceptional "tour guides". They are genuinely joyful individuals.

Since my wife and I are Wellness Coaches - in training - we appreciate the central focus of the Summit Hills Independent Living enterprise is to enable each individual to achieve their full and healthy potential - for the remainder of their lives.

The staff and facilities support this focus and have the awards to prove it.

We understand that not everyone is prepared for the expense of a living situation that offers so much but Summit Hills proved both affordable and an ideal match for our parents who are making the transition from a sedentary life to a more active one.

Lorraine

Hi, Randall - We are so happy to see that you had such a wonderful experience visiting Summit Hills and have awarded us 5-Stars! We take pride in helping our members live longer, happier and healthier lives and love when we receive great feedback that our community is meeting and exceeding those expectations. Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Hire more houskeeping

We pay big money for dad to be here, yet when I come to visit his toilet is stained with urine and stool.

Lorraine

At Summit Hills, we take concerns regarding our employees, our services and our community seriously. Our community strives, each and every day, to provide excellent healthcare in a clean, safe environment for our members. If you haven’t done so, we ask that you please reach out to our Executive Director who is aware of your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns with a member of our community directly.

Pleased with decision

I had lived on the West Coast for many years. My son is a long-time resident of Spartanburg. After my husband died, my son urged me to move near him and recommended Summit Hills because he’d heard many good things about it. After I turned 90 years in age, in 2012 I sold my house and took him up on his suggestion and moved to an apartment in Summit Hills. Since then, I’ve been so pleased with the friendly and helpful residents and staff. We are kept pleasantly occupied and exercised. They take us to stores, banks, and medical/ dental appointments (important, since my car was left behind.) I plan to spend the rest of my life here.

I enjoy the wellness classes. We have such wonderful instructors who are great with setting workout plans and feedback. I also go to weekly Bible study, Jeopardy, and many more events. I quite enjoy visiting people in Assisted Living- people I know and don’t know. I am quite busy, I can’t remember it all.

It is nice to be in a place that has activities where you are cared for and transported. You are as busy as you want to be. Everybody is a friend. They are all lovely people here with interesting backgrounds.

Since I have been here, I have been cared for by everyone - maintenance staff, social directors, dining staff, wellness staff, etc. It is truly a wonderful thing.

Lorraine

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed the events, other members, wellness program and our staff.

Fun and easy Atmosphere

I came to Summit Hills 13 years ago not knowing anyone except my daughter. I was welcomed by the residents living here and the employees of Summit Hills. Everyone is very friendly and caring.

Living near Washington D.C. for a large portion of my life, I looked in Charlottesville, Richmond, Bethesda, etc. for a retirement community. I was looking for a friendly and homey place. I liked Summit Hills because Spartanburg was the right size city for me. I also heavily evaluated the financial aspect. I wanted to make sure I could afford to live my lifestyle in retirement. I like to travel. I have actually been on train trips and cruises with my fellow residents.

Living here I have made many friends and have kept “well” with the many activities available. I have joined many activities such as knitting, sewing, Bible study, Wellness, and Walking Club.

I also volunteer in the Assisted Living, the Hospital, Church, and am very involved in the community.
The atmosphere is fun and easy living.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying the fun and easy living atmosphere.

Ideal Place to Live Latter Life

I moved to Summit Hills 4.5 years ago. I can think of many things about Summit Hills that I have experienced at here- good, friendly, kind, and helpful residents and personnel. The latter are well trained and regularly working to improve the community. What is especially attractive to me is the Wellness Program, providing a wide range of programs for all residents. These programs for exercise, games, and all forms of health programs are for every type of living situation.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to review Summit Hills. We appreciate your feedback and and thrilled to hear about your vibrant lifestyle.

One Big Family

I came to Summit Hills a year ago last Halloween for the same reason that probably 80% of the other residents did- a family member lives here in Spartanburg. We moved here to be close to them. They were informed that Summit Hills was a great retirement community. I was concerned about leaving all of my friends at home and not knowing anyone here. After two or three days of getting settled in my apartment, I was visited by several residents at my apartment and welcomed with open arms. I learned the residents’ names by eating dinner with different residents each night. I soon learned that we all have so much in common. I tell everyone that we are just one big happy family. We take care of each other. It doesn’t take very long to meet someone you can call your best friend- just like you had at home. This is my home now. I love all of the people here at Summit Hills. The people who work here call each one of us by our name and are included in our family. Come to Summit Hills- you will love us too!

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your life as part of our one big family at Summit Hills.

One Caring Bunch

My husband and I moved to Summit Hills March 1, 2014 (almost to the year mark.) It was the best decision we have made for our “Golden Years.” We have met many people from different careers and truly enjoyed their stories of family, professions, etc. The staff at Summit Hills is cheerful; helpful and always ready to meet your needs. They are one “One Caring Bunch.” We are happy.

Lorraine

Hearing that moving to Summit Hills is the best decision for your "golden years," is a wonderful compliment. We will continue to strive to be known as "one caring bunch."

Perfect Village for Me

I have lived at Summit Hills since July 1998, and I enjoy it more each day. Summit Hills is a loving community, not just a place to pass time until you pass away. The residents are very friendly and really care about each other. It is truly a great place to live. Although I live by myself I have never felt afraid one minute. We have a night watchman who tours the neighborhood once an hour and is ready to be of assistance if one should have a medical emergency in the middle of the night. We have a stellar Maintenance crew who comes to help shortly after called- "not when they have to get around to it."

The food is very good and the food service department works hard to prepare good, balanced meals but the greatest part is I don't have to cook it- it's like eating out every meal- no clean up and no dishes!

I have a two- member housekeeping crew who make sure my house is clean and the linens are changed weekly. If you are bored, it is your own fault because there is always something going on. We have an outstanding Wellness Program featuring everything from physical exercise to water aerobics. There are classes to keep your mind fit also= everybody loves Jeopardy!

Fortunately I can still drive but for those who can't, transportation is available four days a week, and trips to the grocery store, the bank, and to the mall are scheduled each week.

To feed our cultural appetites, transportation is provided to the Symphony, to events at the Cultural Center, to special presentations given by many colleges and churches in Spartanburg.

If it takes a village to raise a child as Hilary Clinton says, it also takes a village to Keep Grandma Going Too! And Summit Hills is that village for me!

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to be the village that partners alongside you. It is wonderful to hear about your active lifestyle.

Great Life at Summit Hills

Summit Hills provides a great lifestyle for all members. When I was looking for a place to call home in retirement, I wanted to live with colleges and cultural events. Thanks to Summit Hills we have transportation. We go to stage plays, jazz concerts, ballet and even athletic events. I love the cultural aspects of Spartanburg. Summit Hills makes that readily available to us.

The second thing is that I am a person who enjoys working out. As I got older, I learned to swim. I learned this in retirement. We have a pool and a superb skill trainer. Our Wellness Director is very wonderful in setting up personalized workout programs for every resident which meet their every needs.

In addition, the members enjoy on-campus lectures, card games, jeopardy, and music and art classes. What more could we ask for- a pool? A gym? Skilled trainers? –We have those also.

Lorraine

Thank you for leaving a review Mickey. It is a delight to hear about all the activities you partake in. We strive to always provide a diverse social and wellness event calendar.

You worked hard for years to build up equity in your house.  Now you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor by ridding yourself of the burdens of home ownership.  Many retirement communities require you to spend your hard earned equity simply to move there.

At Summit Hills, Spartanburg’s Premier Retirement Community, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to.  The choice is yours. You can enjoy all that life has to offer by renting or by investing your money in a refundable occupancy agreement.

From flexible dining dollars, full-service Wellness Center, on-site Continuum of Care and healthcare staffed by a Registered Nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Summit Hills offers a high quality of life at very affordable rates.

With one and two-bedroom apartments and two and three-bedroom single-family cottages, Summit Hills has comfortable home plans for every need or desire.  And with 24-hour staff and push button security, you’ll never feel safer in your own home.

Call 864-582-5561 today for an appointment to learn how you can live The Weller Life® living at Summit Hills.  Affordable, carefree retirement living with the option of no upfront equity, that’s living the Summit Hills life!