Canyons Retirement Community - Twin Falls, ID

Canyons Retirement Community - Twin Falls, ID has yet not published prices.

Beautiful new facility that's clean and smells wonderful

I have nothing but good things to say about this place. My Mom is in the memory care unit and it’s just outstanding the one on one care she gets. They understand her situation well and they’re so kind to her. Mom can’t grasp things easily anymore and it’s just so nice to have people talk with her that try to reassure her and make light of the situation. I haven’t had a chance to try the food but what I’ve seen looks very good. She seems to like it. They also bring treats around for everyone occasionally that they bake in the kitchen, like brownies and rice crispy treats. They’re very good at redirecting her if she gets upset or fixated on something and they have a few activities available. They have books on tape that she listens to and they’ll take everyone in the memory care unit out for lunch once a week. They try to keep everyone out of their rooms as much as possible to socialize and participate in activities. My family is quite pleased with them and the care they’re providing for my Mom.

This has been the best more for both my parents

I am so pleased that we have now moved both my parents here. It is a brand new community so everything is fresh, clean and the staff is all very well trained and even multiple tasks in many of the care giving. My father is in the assisted living area and they are getting to know him and his care needs which have started to change with some memory issue. They have an electronic checklist that all the staff uses so they stay on top of the residents care needs. My mother is now in the memory care where there are only 20 bedrooms and she is doing so well. She has lots of room to walk around, in fact, they a secured outside garden area where she can go as well. The care givers are well trained in the care of dementia/Alzheimers patients so I feel comfortable about the care she is now receiving.
The activities director is amazing so involved with the residents takes them on outings and makes sure that all the residents can participate in some sort of activity that they would like. I just can't say enough about this community and the care my parents are getting. It is wonderful.